All these years

Por Hannahbg26

Halston Oura was taken during an attack on her home and sent away. She was brought to a facility that turned... Más

5 years ago
You're kidding
That voice
Inane de
We were all kids once
Because it's wrong
Hell hole
Happy birthday
Agent 4362
Send her away
Anagram it
It wasn't better
Hate to burst your bubble
Everything we need
Show time
Bingo
Someday

I'm not leaving you

438 8 0
Por Hannahbg26

Audrey seems different today.

Odd.

Like there's something up with her, a feeling she just can't shake.

I woke up from hearing her yelling and crying yesterday, I didn't question it.

I knew if she wanted me to know she would tell me.

She knew I had woken up, I've always been a light sleeper.

You have to be a light sleeper if you're going to survive at the facility.

"What do you think they're gonna do with Alina?" Audrey suddenly asks, not looking at me.

I sigh, my hands shaking. "Probably something terrible. All because of me." I bite my tongue, tasting the coppery tang of blood.

"Hey, stop that." Audrey tells me, noticing it.

I've done it for years now but she tries to stop me, saying it's a bad habit to fall into.

"And stop blaming yourself. You did what you could. Whatever happens now is inane de's fault, not ours." She tries to assure me but I don't believe her.

If I was just stronger. I could've been stronger. I need to be stronger next time.

I though I was done with the Tames. I thought I was over it.

I didn't miss them, I didn't want them, I didn't spend my time thinking about them.

It was fine, it was managed, I had moved on.

Until I had to see them again.

Everything inside of me just ripped open when I saw them.

When I saw Athena. I just wanted to hug her, to cry, to tell her I loved her and I missed her.

But I couldn't.

They aren't my family anymore and I need to remember that.

I need to protect my current family. Audrey and Alina.

They're the most important thing in the world, and I failed them.

How can I get us out of this?

I got us into this mess, I need to get us out.

"I can see the wheels in your head spinning, Halls." Audrey tells me, grabbing my attention.

"We have a knife and we have your elastic. It shouldn't be hard to get out of here. All we need to do is get out of this cell and then fight our way out." I tell her.

"You act like it's so simple. Sure, we've been through this shit before but you know damn well this time is different. They're your family Halls, they're not gonna let you go without a fight. A real fight." Audrey explains.

"You're my family. Alina is my family." I correct her.

"Yes, we are. But so are they. I know I said otherwise but we both know it wasn't true. They are your family, Halston and they've been missing you for 5 years. They're not gonna let that go." She tells me.

"They might." I try, knowing she's right.

"You have a family, Halston. You deserve to be with them. Stay here and let me go back, I'll say you died or something." She says, hoping to convince me.

"Absolutely not! I'm not gonna leave you guys for the Tames." I argue.

"C'mon Halls, go be happy. I have no family, remember? But you do, and you deserve so much more than what this world gave you." She says, eyes glossy.

"I'm not leaving you Audrey. I never should've said that to you. You and Alina are my family and I'm not abandoning you. You deserve more too, Aud. Okay? You do, and so does Alina. We are going to get a better life but we are going to do it together, the three of us. All together." I convince her and she finally nods, agreeing with me.

"I love you Halls." She tells me and I hug her.

"I love you too Aud" I whisper back.

We hear footsteps walking down the hall and then Athena appears.

"Hey." She greets with a smile.

"What's going on?" I ask her and she just opens the door.

"Follow me." She tells me.

We go upstairs and into the living room, sitting down on the couch.

Everyone's here too.

"Who's inane de?" Camden asks. "I've been searching for them for years and haven't even gotten close." He tells us.

Audrey and I don't say anything.

"Okay fine." Camden gives up before Willow talks.

"We've missed you, Halls. How have you been?" She asks me.

"I've been great. How about you?" I respond sarcastically.

"Who's that agent? The one you were worried about getting hurt?" Everett asks me.

"That agent isn't your concern." Audrey answers before I can.

"Look, we wanna help you guys." Alexia tells us and we don't say anything in reply.

"We've been trying to take down inane de for a very long time, Halston. Please let us help take them down." Camden says.

"We aren't gonna tell you guys anything, okay? Could you just leave us alone? Please." I ask quietly.

Camden sighs but nods and stands up, asking us to follow him.

"Actually we'll be leaving now." Audrey tells him and makes her way to the front door and I follow her.

I feel a hand on my shoulder and I grab it, twisting it and bringing it in front of me and just like that I'm about to break Sebastian's arm.

"Ow, fuck." He curses and I let him go, stepping back so he doesn't fall into me.

"Halston please." I look over at Athena when I hear her pleading voice.

I've missed her the most.

"Please Halston. We took out whatever that thing was that could kill you. You don't have to go back there, you can stay here." She begs.

I hesitate and Audrey notices. "Halston, remember what I told you down there." She reminds me.

I told her I'm not leave her, and I'm not.

I nod, turning to leave.

"Please, we can help you stop inane de!" Athena tries again, begging me not to leave.

I shut my eyes and make a pained expression before turning around so I'm facing them.

"There is no stopping inane de." I tell them, hoping they won't make this harder than it already is.

"Stay for one day. That's all my asking. 24 hours. If you still want to leave after that, fine you can go." Alexia tries.

Alexia. She helped me when no one else did. Noticed how I was hurting when no one else cared. She brought me into this family, she's the reason I know what it feels like to be loved.

"I'll give you an hour." Is all I say but they nod, accepting that's all I can do.

Any longer and something might happen to Alina.

I won't let anything happen to her because of me.

Not again.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

76.6K 3.3K 36
*Completed* Sequel for Hope Hope Valentino the daughter of the deceased Mafia boss was finally reunited with her family. But coming back to her fami...
385K 10.3K 39
[COMPLETED] Alexis Winter and Alexander Wilson Gonzalez are twins. With Alexander being the older twin. They live with their mother, Anna Gonzalez...
The Saint Por Bribunana

Novela Juvenil

194K 4.8K 42
Book one in Victoria's Trilogy. Book 2 • Saving You Thirteen yearold Victoria Sanchez is a girl with troubles, yet manages to be kind and loving. An...
244K 8K 47
Life was easy for Ophelia. A good foster family, a good school and a good sense of things. Ophelia didn't desire much, because she believed that she...