Between Two Hearts 18+ | PAUS...

By ent1cingmilo

((PAUSED)) Best Rankings: #20 in interesting - 3/6/2023 #10 in tropes - 3/6/2023 #3 in princess treatment - 3... More

i. DISCLAIMER - read
ii. Aesthetic
001
002
003
004
006
007
008
009
010
011
012
013
014

005

677 24 3
By ent1cingmilo

"Adara, any updates on the vehicle," my eyebrows furrow as I hold the phone up to my ears. I hear faint heavy breathing and rustling on the other end.

"Boss, something gives me a feeling it was Armani. Did you see the face behind the wheel or even something that can help me find this person faster?"

My nose scrunches, I close my eyes trying to gain an image from two days ago. My head swirling the harder I shut my eyes. All I see is a red light and no image pops up in my mind, I lay my back onto my bed.

"Nothing."

Adara sighs through the phone. I hear movement on the other end of the phone and a familiar voice on the end telling her, "come back to bed."

"Adara," a smirk lifts on the side of my face. "Is that Seb-" before I can finish my answer she rushes out, " I have to go boss one of the uh- tech trainees need my assistance," the last thing I hear is a beep going through the phone.

We don't have a tech trainee.

I let out a laugh when a knock comes through my door. "Come in," the door opens, Freya standing alongside somebody who looks unfamiliar but he holds a rack of clothes and a makeup bag. He stands in a bright and I mean bright blue suit. It oddly looks great on him, must be the stylist.

"Boss, this is your stylist- sent by Estevez," she lifts her eyebrows as if he just gave her a hell of a talk on the way up the stairs.

"Hello darling, I'm Rick Burke, I've been sent by Mr. Estevez," he looks me up and a satisfied hum leaves him. "He has always had exquisite taste."

Should I take this as a compliment? I stare into his gray eyes.

"Oh darling, that was a compliment," he says as if he's read my mind.

"Well boss, I'll leave you two to it," Freya practically runs down the steps, a small snort leaving her as she does.

He walks up to me, "Permission to touch your hair," he's being genuine as if he doesn't have to style my hair.

I nod he fluffs and feels my hair gently. "You have beautiful hair. And the color? Just exquisite."

"Hm," he nods to himself in thought. "I'm thinking of an innocent look but on the inside she can be the devil in disguise," he chuckles to himself causing me to chuckle but I do like his thoughts. He pulls out his makeup bag.

"Okay darling I'm going to put light makeup on your face okay?"

Luckily, I just finished moisturizing my face. He pulls out many shades of foundation from absolutely pale to dark shades, he must have many clients. He turns on the vanity light but also opens the shadows allowing some natural light to pour into my room, pulling out a warm ivory tone. I sit in the chair in front of my mirror.

I'm shocked at how he can quickly eyeball it. He pulls out a primer lightly patting it across my face, taking out a brand fresh pack of beauty sponges, a smile curving on his lips as he gets to work.

I close my eyes most of the time until he pulls out short false lashes and applies them onto my eyes. They seem as though they're just enhancing my normal lashes.

Well that's the point.

Once it gets to my lips he does lip liner and a sheer lipstick on top which leaves a nice tint of pink and pulls out fresh gloss slowly applying it on my lips not too much but enough to bolden my lips slightly.

"Ok darling now for the fun part." He stands up spinning the chair I was sitting in to face the mirror. I look beautiful, he's achieved the innocent look he was looking for.

He pulls out two half masks.

One has a black base with gold embroidery; a beautiful red flower blooms out on the right corner of the mask; many red and gold decorations complete it. The second one is completely covered in beautiful rubies.

Some hang off the mask as if I'd be draped in them. I point towards it, "That one is lovely," he gives me a smile. "What you want your fairly godmother shall help you receive darling."

He lays it on the table and pulls up a rack of white dresses, some puffy, others silky, short, long and some that look like they'd hug my body nicely, but only one catches my eyes. He immediately takes it out the rack once he sees my eyes linger on it for a second too long.

"Ah this one was one of my favorites when I picked it out," he holds the dress up high. It has an A-line silhouette, a high split with a beautiful court train, strapless neckline, the color of an eye-catching creamy satin, sleeveless.

This is the one. This ball thing may not be too bad after all.

I immediately jumped out of the seat. I've loved dressing up since I was little. A rush always fills me when it comes to picking out an outfit.

He unzips the dress and places it on the bed, "I'll be outside, tell me if you need any assistance," packing up his makeup bag and placing it in a small section of the rack and making his way out of the door. I pull off the silk bottoms I was wearing and unbutton my silk top.

I look at my figure in the standing mirror at the end of the room doing a twirl in my red laced set. Perfect.

Slowly picking up the dress being sure not to cause any damage to it I step into it the built in bra hugging my breasts nicely.

I look in the mirror and see the strap of the bra I was already wearing that I had forgotten to take off. An aggravated groan leaves me. I slid the dress down again, unclipping the bra allowing my breasts to spring free my nipples that were once soft hardened in the cool air.

Slipping the top of the dress back on, it had the same effect as before. I walk over to the door, my hands holding up the dress on my breast to make sure it won't slip. "Rick, could use some help."

I open the door slowly and he gasps walking in, a huge smile on his face. Jeez this man loves to smile. "Oh darling," he wipes fake tears with his handkerchief.

"You are so gorgeous," I turned around, allowing him to zip up my dress. It's tugging on my upper body nicely.

He looks at my hair and the outfit, "Hm maybe curls, and once that done I'll be taking my leave, I've laid the purse out for you and some cute earrings to give you some notice on them but not too much to take away from this elegant mask!"

I give him a small smile, "Thank you for this, Rick."

I haven't heard you say those words in decades.

Shut up.

✰✰✰

"Lia, we should be arriving in a few minutes," Me and Sebastian sat in his Mercedes, a comfortable silence between us on our way to the venue.

"What's going on between you and Adara," I don't mean to intrude in Sebastian's personal affairs but I just need something else to focus on.

He clears his throat placing both hands on the wheel, "Do you know that feeling when the air you breathe around someone is so tight you just want to burst into flames," he stares at the road.

I'm not sure if that was a rhetorical question, I don't think I've ever felt like that for anyone.

"No," I reply truthfully, he nods and the car swings right. "Lia, I don't know how she feels for me but I care. I actually care."

For the longest I've known Sebastian he grows close to people who show him the littlest piece of affection, I don't really know if that's a good or dangerous thing for his heart.

I nod and look forward as Sebastian pulls the car towards a black carpet, looking through the window, cameras flash at a rapid rate a loud chatter outside the beautiful almost palace-like venue.

"I didn't know Estevez brought paparazzi with him everywhere," Sebastian snorts. He opens his door and steps out winking at the by standing storm of paparazzi. Showoff.

Walking around and adding a slight bounce to his walk he reaches my side and opens the door for me, "M'lady," he extends his hand out for me to place mine onto.

Placing my heel on the carpet I hear the crowd of screaming photographers urging me to look towards their camera but my mask covers around my eyes and below.

"Looks like someone has a fan base," Sebastian makes me loop my arm in the inside of his, throwing his keys to a valet.

Walking slowly up the steps a reporter practically shoves a mic in my face, "Ms. Valence or should I now say Mrs. Estevez! When will the wedding be taking place?" I ignored her question, not even knowing the answer to it myself.

I lean towards Sebastian's ear, "How the hell was I supposed to answer that," his eyes look darker with the black ball mask he wears along with his dark suit.

He shrugs doing his model poses for the camera, not unhooking his arm from mine as he walks.

"Ms. Valence! Are you aware you're marrying the most dangerous man on earth," I come to a stop.

Unhooking my arm from Sebastian's and walking up to her, "You should be asking does that man know he's marrying the most dangerous woman on earth," she blushes a little and nods.

I walk away from her and back to Sebastian, "Does Estevez think this is a fucking show or something?"

Me and Sebastian enter the building we pass and as we're entering through some lady comes running behind us, "Excuse me ma'am!" I stop turning around, my heels make me taller so me and Sebastian are the same height right now and she's short, her short honey blonde hair in a bob frames her face and her dark skin glows, the warm light shines on it.

"Sorry I didn't mean to startle you," she lets out a cute chuckle. I didn't even see the box in her hand. "Mr. Estevez just wanted you to have this," she extends her well manicured hand and a note is placed into mine.

"Enjoy your evening," she turns and walks away back into the front desk, I open the note.

Meet me at the east wing balcony when the clock strikes 12, love.

I crumple the note and throw it in the trash rolling my eyes at the note. Why is he delaying our meeting as if we haven't seen each other before? Unless he's an undercover hideous ogre.

I laugh at my own thoughts as me and Sebastian walk into the ballroom. Classical music fills the air as people waltz and dance when I walk in, another woman who definitely looks around my age and her... mother, I'm actually not too sure she looks like she's filled her face with Botox, her face stiff as they both glare at me.

Some people turn and whisper to each other while some keep talking as if nothings going on. I walk up to the bar Sebastian behind me, the curly headed boy walks up to me, "What would you like Ms. Va- wait should I call you Mrs. Estevez" his voice lowers towards the end he carries a Spanish accent just like Estevez did if I recall from when I met him.

"Valance will do, can I just get a shot of tequila," he walks up grabbing two shot glasses and pours vodka in both.

"I asked for o-" he interrupts me. "They're on the house Ms. Valence you look like you need it."

"Do I really look that stiff," the earthy taste of the drink hits my tongue. He laughs while walking towards the other side of the bar throwing a towel around his shoulder.

"One more? Unless you're a lightweight Ms. Valence..."

"Two more." Sebastian looks over at me then shouts over the music that's just increased, "One for me too!"

He walks back and passes one to Sebastian handing me two. I take them back to back inhaling through my nose, swallowing the drink over my tongue and exhaling hard. I don't know why I surprisingly love the flavor, it excites me.

"Bartender!" I hear a voice shout. "Got to go, see you around Ms. Valence," now that I realize it he looks young to be working as a bartender.

Welp at least he's getting paid and enjoys it.

✰✰✰

As the evening goes on a few people recognize me, some don't, maybe it's the mask. When I walk up I see an old couple chatting with a man I hadn't seen when I entered. Estevez.

I quicken my pace in hopes to just get what he wants to talk over now but before I can a woman slams into me I almost lose my footing but I feel cold hands stand me right up. I look at the man in front of me. A small disappointment fills me when I look back ahead and I no longer spot Estevez's' crimson suit.

"Red suit." I nod at the person in front of me.

I see him roll his eyes through his white mask. "Valence, I thought we already went over names but in case your brain's buttons aren't clicking today I'll remind you, it's Rowan and I have a white suit on right now we're practically twins- well except for my luxurious hair." He pats his hair some.

I glare at him, "I was walking towards someone before you interrupted."

"I interrupted because you almost busted your ass in front of all these people," he glares at me and moves me away from the dance floor. "If you couldn't tell Valence or forgot your granny glasses at home today there's a pathway away from the dance floor."

He looks towards where I'm looking when I don't reply, "They do look like him don't they? Well those are his grandparents Valence, come I'll introduce them they've been waiting to meet you but if you weren't too busy with your drinking buddy over there," he points at Sebastian. "You would've bumped into them by now instead of me."

He guides me towards Estevez's' grandparents. "Abuela, Aubelito, this is Ms. Valence, the woman Armando's been talking about." They instantly let out a sound of joy and his grandma clasps her hands together.

"Oh you look so beautiful my dear take off the mask I need to see who my grandson is marrying after all!"

I pull off the mask and his grandmother smiles, her eyes grow glossy. "I just know you'll work this out with him," her voice holds determination as she holds my hands in her soft ones.

"It was nice meeting you, I wish the best for you and my grandson and I know Armando never does things without reason," his grandfather steps up embracing me in a strong hug as the scent of his cologne fills my lungs. I don't think I've had a hug like this in years.

"Thank you," I give them a smile and Rowan walks behind me, "they rubbed off on cold hearted Valence didn't they," he nudges my shoulder a bit.

Before I can reply I hear the clock strike. "I have to go," I started speed walking towards the exit. "Careful Cinderella wouldn't want your glass slipper to fall off, poor Armando would be so devastated," he clutches his heart as I walk out of the ball room practically running towards the east wing.

"Is everything okay Ms. Valence," the lady from earlier spins around in her chair ready to bounce up.

"I'm fine, just in a hurry," she nods and sits back down.

East wing balcony. East wing balcony.

I walked up the long flight of steps that I almost stubbed my toe on once I made a left across the corner.

Once I make my way up I see a reflection through the doors. When I walk out a shock hits me. There's pink roses decorated almost everywhere and a small round table with candles lighting. The sky's clear, the sound of the fountains below us running and nobody is around but us.

Then he turns around.

Estevez

I look into her green eyes, she takes off her mask. Her hair messes up a little. It looks good.

I scan my eyes from those eyes, to her lips that twitched the faintest bit upwards and her body fits the dress so well but I try not to stare too long.

She looks around the place Aerylin helped me set up earlier. I wanted to figure out the things she liked but I didn't have time when Armani kept getting ahead of my team with the shipments. There's a rat sniffing around my men and I don't appreciate rodents.

Aerylin snooped around a little though and figured out she had many pink roses surrounding her estate.

"It looks beautiful," she mutters. Walking towards the fence of the balcony where she places her hands and looks straight ahead.

You look beautiful, I want to let the words escape my mouth but I don't.

"Do you want to eat anything?" I walk near her and she moves over a little for me to have room next to her. Her height also intrigued me, she's just the perfect height we can practically see eye to eye.

She shakes her head and looks into my eyes and I lick my lips looking at hers then back to her eyes, something seemed different in her stare though I don't see the awe she had for the scenery that she did before.

"Is something wrong," the thought ends up leaving my mouth.

"Yes, something is wrong," she hardens her face and crosses her arms and she slightly pushes her boobs up but I don't think she cares or realizes.

"Why do you have people running around playing this messenger game for you? I didn't even talk to you for three seconds five years ago. Five! Yet you choose me out of anybody else you've probably been with to marry. I have things going for me do you understand," I nod at the firmness in her voice.

"I have people to protect people who really care. So before you take me accepting this contract as anything else I want you to know I will fucking bury you myself if you fuck this up Estevez, entiendes lo que estoy diciendo?"

"This is why I chose you," I admit shrugging my shoulders.

"I promise I won't fuck this up Dahlia, can we sit now we have plans to discuss, we don't have to talk about it all if you want tonight but," I pull out keys from his pocket, "and don't try to fucking decline it either Dahlia, its for an apartment near my home, I didn't want to rush you into moving in so you can take the time you need and even after the wedding you can keep it all to yourself if you want, mi carazón."

Sliding them over to her she hesitantly takes them, "Thanks," she practically coughs the word out, maybe I did too much on the gift.

Okay, first thing on my checklist? Down.

"A planner. My grandmother, who Rowan probably already introduced you to, found us a planner. We can have this wedding however you want. I don't care if you want it on the beach, in a forest, immediate family only, or no children, you can figure that out with her."

"Why are you putting all of this planning on me Estevez? I have things I need to figure out," she's back to the glaring. I would assume she doesn't want me to take total control of this wedding but I would rather know she enjoyed her wedding then complaining later on.

"I can help if you want love, I just thought you would want to plan this out to your liking, this is a two sided commitment. I'm not trying to put this all on you." I rub my forehead a little.

Rowan was teasing me that I would start acting all weird and here I am now, doing just that.

"Um, you know we can call this a night the planner wants to meet tomorrow afternoon if you don't have an outfit, Rick can help you with that, I'll send you his info." I don't want to walk away, the smell of her fragrance and her presence urge me to sit but she seems ready to go too and looks tired.

"I can walk you down, Dahlia," I offer.

"No it's okay, goodnight Estevez," she stands a wince leaving her and she seems to be twisting her ankle a little.

"These fucking heels are a pain," she states and starts limping slightly inside, I almost let her go but before I realize I've lifted her in my arms bridal style.

"I can walk," she looks like a baby in my arms when she glares at me and I look down at her, "Can't marry you if you have a broken ankle, can I? Or I'd have to carry you around the whole ceremony."

And I'd do it.

Finally its come chapter 5!! So sorry for the wait have a great nightt my hearts and thank you to those who checked on me <3

How'd you like the Dual POV?

Leave tips here!

Word count: 3613

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.1K 2.8K 40
๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜จ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ถ๐˜ค๐˜ค๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜จ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ, ๐˜ช ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ต, ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ๏ฟฝ...
4.9K 181 7
๐˜‰๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ข ๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜บ. ๐˜ฟ๐™ค๐™š๐™จ ๐™—๐™š๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ข๐™–๐™ง๐™ง๐™ž๐™š๐™™, ๐™œ๐™ž๐™ซ๐™š ๐™๐™ž๐™ข ๐™–๐™ฃ ๐™–๐™ช๐™ฉ๐™ค๐™ข๐™–๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™˜ ๐™ง๐™ž๐™œ๐™๐™ฉ ๐™ค๐™ซ๐™š๐™ง ๐™๐™š๐™ง ๐™—๐™ค๐™™...
1.5M 26.8K 48
๐’๐’‰ ๐’๐’๐’—๐’†, ๐’—๐’๐’ˆ๐’๐’Š๐’ ๐’”๐’„๐’๐’‘๐’‚๐’“๐’•๐’Š " " ๐‘พ๐’‰๐’‚๐’• ๐’…๐’๐’†๐’” ๐’•๐’‰๐’‚๐’• ๐’Ž๐’†๐’‚๐’ ? " "๐‘ถ๐’‰ ๐’…๐’๐’'๐’• ๐’˜๐’๐’“๐’“๐’š ๐’…๐’‚๐’“๐’๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ, ๐’š๐’๐’–'๐’๐’ ๐’‡๐’Š๏ฟฝ...
32.8K 2.6K 37
๐ƒ๐„๐ƒ๐ˆ๐‚๐€๐“๐ˆ๐Ž๐~ ๐™๐™ค ๐™–๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™œ๐™ž๐™ง๐™ก๐™จ ๐™ฌ๐™๐™ค ๐™๐™–๐™ซ๐™š ๐™—๐™š๐™š๐™ฃ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™ง๐™ค๐™ช๐™œ๐™ ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ข๐™š ๐™จ๐™๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฃ...