easy for you to say « f.weasl...

By moonstonecult

❝ a darkness that holds me, and loves when I bleed, it locks all the doors and then hides all the keys... More

EASY FOR YOU TO SAY
00.
01.
02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
09.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.

08.

2K 83 6
By moonstonecult

•♡•♡•

ONE THING REBECCA CARROW didn't realize about Fred Weasley, before having been stuck sat next to him – was that he was annoyingly whiny when he knew he was purposely being ignored. Perhaps it's because he's used to so much attention from everyone due to all the pranks or his quidditch skills or maybe even his surprisingly charming smile; but Fred Weasley hated being overlooked and ignored. So when he wasn't able to speak his usual warble or stimulate his mind in a way that calmed him, he became a pain in the arse to everybody else around him. Meaning, unfortunately for the silent Ravenclaw at his side – she was subjected to his annoying mumbling and complaints for the entirety of the class period.

Luckily enough, it'd be the only and last time she'd be sat next to Fred Weasley – Professor Lupin had said it himself; there was no assigned seating. It was the only thing that was keeping Rebecca sane during their double block of Defense Against the Dark Arts. She only had to make it through the period and during the next, she'd easily take her designated place next to Adrienne and the war in her head would be at peace once more. Unfortunately, the ginger teen would still be within the same room during the same time period, but she could ignore him far better on the other side of the classroom.

Seeing as she was deeply rooted into Professor Lupin's break-down of the term schedule, it wasn't surprising that Rebecca nearly jolted up and out of her seat at the sudden jab to her shoulder – her eyes immediately narrowing as her head swiveled around to face the redhead at her side. She had purposely moved her chair the farthest she could from him at their shared desk, and yet, it still wasn't far enough.

"So," Fred began conversationally, his voice a pitch lower so he wouldn't interrupt their yammering professor, "do you like...speak? At all?"

Rebecca's eyes narrowed even further into slits, her temper beginning to simmer beneath her skin the longer she stared silently at the ginger teen.

"It's an honest question," He tried to defend himself, having the audacity to form a look of pity as he lowered his voice even further, "can you speak? O-Or is it like...you don't? Or just won't?"

At her continued silence and piercing gaze, he faltered, "you're reading my lips," He observed slowly, watching her eyes dart back up to his own just to glare once more, "can you hear me? Are you...yanno...?"

"Right, well, that's it," Professor Lupin's voice suddenly echoed a bit louder across the room, making them both turn abruptly, his timid smile stretching his scarred skin slightly, "I know class ran a bit short, so you can all either stay here until the clock turns or mosey on out to your next lesson – unless you'll be making trouble for other professors," He gave the class a pointed look, "I don't need that coming back to me."

Silently thanking Merlin himself for Professor R.J. Lupin, Rebecca was clambering out of her seat with her bag already swung over her shoulder. Almost within a blink of the eye, she was falling into step with Adrienne and both girls were leaving the classroom alongside a hoard of others. Fred eyed their disappearing figures in confusion, momentarily, before his gaze was directed to the oncoming shadow of his dear twin brother – to which he smiled genuinely at.

"You really couldn't have just let them sit together?" George asked as soon as he reached his brother, eyebrows furrowed slightly in a way that reminded Fred way too much of their mum.

"I sat first," He immediately protested with a frown, standing from his seat with his backpack in grasp, "and even then, maybe if she had been polite and actually asked me to move – I might've even considered it."

"Might've considered it," The younger twin repeated quietly, folding his arms over his chest as he followed his brother out of the classroom, "don't be a twat, Fred."

"Why does it even matter to you, George?" Fred sighed in exasperation, rolling his eyes to himself as they walked side by side towards their next period of torture, "it's not like you know her personally or are even considered friends."

"Because you're just being mean to be mean, and they haven't done anything to you or any of us to warrant it," George insisted with a deep frown, grasping his brother's arm to stop him in his tracks, "can't you just be civil? To both her and her friends? You've taken this all outta hand, Freddie," At the unimpressed look, he continued, "We've all moved passed it – Harry's probably forgotten it all by now, and he's who should've been the one angry, not you."

"Alright, Mum," Fred groaned aloud, running both hands down his face before looking to his brother, "you can stop your scolding, I'll be nice," He uttered mockingly.

"I'll look passed your childish tone this time," The younger twin hummed, finally cracking an appreciative smile, "thank you."

"Whatever."

*

The rest of their first day had gone by agonizingly slow, seemingly going on far longer than was considered natural. It had also seemed that taking about ten separate courses in the same year as OWL exams, was quite possibly one of the worst decisions Rebecca could've made. Seven mandatory classes, and three voluntary, she really had brought hell upon herself – not that she'd ever admit it should anyone ask. Honestly, the only reason she had chose to put academic hell upon herself was for the bragging rights. She wanted to feel accomplished, to be able to hold a mere flame to her older brother. Roan never had to do anything to gain their mother's approval, he was a Slytherin; he'd always be better than his sister.

And if the classes alone weren't enough trouble; the fact that she shared more than a select few classes with Gryffindor was the kicker. And while it was usually a great thing – she could be with Adrienne more than ever unlike in past years – it now also meant that she was stuck with the prying eyes of the Weasley twins from the back of the class to the back of her head. Thankfully, before they'd attend their final classes of the day, the trio of friends had sought some much needed refuge in the library, in their usual seats by the large glass windows that poured in bright yellow sunlight.

Rebecca had been grumbling quietly to herself, her mind involuntarily returning to the words of two particular members of the Weasley family. More so, what Ron had said just a few nights prior – 'she's just like her mother.' It left a horrible taste in her mouth every time it echoed in her head. She had gripped her quill tightly, pausing in her frantic scratching of yet another sentence to glance up at her two friends. Cedric was steady on keeping up with his work from his prior classes that same morning, Adrienne; happier in people watching and doodling in the margins of her vague notes. The two girls met eyes briefly, the blonde giving the black-haired Ravenclaw a timid look that she knew all too well. Adrienne only offered a sympathetic glance, knowing that her friend was still hung up on Ron Weasley's distasteful words.

"Hello, sister," A sudden voice spoke up as a figure appeared by their table, making the three of them snap their heads up, "sister's friends."

Roan Carrow flashed a smile at the trio, helping himself to the opened seat at his sister's side and letting his book bag fall to his feet without hesitation before he was giving them each another glance, "how's the first day of fifth year treating you lot?"

"I would like to leave," Adrienne hummed with a pearly grin, "unlike most of my house, I do not find Hagrid very competent in teaching us about potentially dangerous, magical creatures."

"Yes," Roan chuckled quietly, shaking his head slightly in amusement, "a lot of us down in the dungeons would agree with you."

"I'm fairing alright," Cedric took a turn, giving a shrug with an easy smile, "I've got a decent schedule, can't complain."

"Square," Adrienne uttered disappointedly.

"And you?" The Slytherin turned to his sister who had yet to speak, eyebrows furrowing slightly when he caught her far-off gaze – reaching over slowly to give her a gentle nudge to the arm, effectively snapping her from the dazed look, "you doing alright?"

"Fine," Rebecca nodded, clearing her throat quickly before shifting herself in her seat and setting down her quill, "what brings you here?"

"Can't I come visit my little sister to see how she's doing?" Roan gaped dramatically.

"You can," She relented with a small shrug, still eyeing him curiously, "though it usually means something a bit more than just you catching up."

"Only sometimes," He frowned.

"Most of the time," She corrected, giving him a knowing look.

"We'll leave you both to it," Cedric cut in momentarily, having nudged Adrienne to subtly gesture themselves towards the library's exit, "I'll save you a seat in Muggle Studies."

"Two purebloods taking Muggle Studies," Adrienne uttered in a snort, shaking her head, "when I'm right here and I could teach you both all you need to know in less than a day –"

"You barely know anything yourself unless it's related to social clubs and popular culture," He disagreed, rolling his eyes as he stood from his seat, "you couldn't teach a five year old their basic arithmetic even if you tried."

"Do they ever stop bickering?" Roan questioned his sister quietly, the duo watching the Hufflepuff and Gryffindor pack away their things midst their grumbles and argument.

"They do," Rebecca nodded curtly, "but that's how you know they're actually mad at one another – they go radio silent and start ignoring each other."

"So, they bicker because they're best friends?"

"Precisely," She hummed, watching her two friends leave before letting out a short breath and turning slightly in her seat to look upon her brother fully, "now then, what did you really come for?"

"Nothing too important," Roan relented slowly, schooling his features down into neutrality as he too turned in her favor, "just wanted to know if you're particularly busy at this very moment."

"Well, as you know, I have Muggle Studies in a bit," Rebecca replied just as slow, eyeing him oddly, "what is it?"

"I just need to speak to you," He insisted quietly, "but it'd be better when you're not about to be piled with work – a clear mind would be ideal."

"Speak to me about what?" She questioned, growing slightly agitated, "Roan, you're stalling."

"It's really nothing..."

"You'd tell me right off the bat if it really were nothing," She sighed, rubbing at the corner of her eye, "and I know you well, so you seeking me out personally doesn't exactly make me think nonchalance."

"I'm just worried about you," Roan finally broke
a bit of his façade, eyes growing concerned as his voice grew lower, "this whole thing with the dementors at school –"

"It was one time, and I wasn't the only one it happened to," Rebecca immediately chimed in, shaking her head, "you don't have to be worried."

"You passed out cold and heard screaming voices," He frowned deeply, "it's not exactly the thing not to be worried about," he tried catching her gaze once more, seeing as it had shifted, "even another minute could've had you falling victim to the dementors' kiss."

"Well, luckily enough, it wasn't a minute longer," She began to pack away her things, stealing a glance at the large wall clock to ensure she wasn't late, "surely, it was a one-time thing and you're fussing over nothing," She eyed him suspiciously, watching his own gaze shift slightly, "of course, unless that's not the only thing you're worried about?"

"Nope, just concerned about your situation with the dementors," Roan murmured.

"Right," Rebecca hummed, still eyeing him as he began to try and cover his emotional tracks from her prying gaze, "now I wish I had more time to stay and begin to pick apart your brain of all it's worries – but unfortunately for us, I have to get to class and you have to get to your whatever you do at this time."

She stood from her seat, slinging her bag over her shoulder and picking up her textbook – falling short of actually leaving the library when Roan reached out promptly to gently grasp her hand. Despite the grimace, she paused in her tracks and raised an eyebrow questioningly at her brother. He released her hand as quickly as he took it, standing up from his own seat to stand before her.

"Have you spoken to Dumbledore yet?" He questioned lowly.

"Spoken to him for what?" Rebecca frowned, "the dementors?" At his nod, she shook her head, "why would I?"

"Because you'd think the Headmaster would take concern where his students are affected," Roan uttered with a roll of his eyes.

"Well I haven't and I don't plan to," She proclaimed, "needn't have to make a big deal out of something that's now passed."

"Will you at least speak with Professor Lupin?" He asked.

Rebecca held back a groan, silently pleading for the time to speed up so she could escape the badgering from her brother, "Why?"

"Well for one, according to Cedric, he practically saved you from the dementor on the train; so it wouldn't hurt to thank him," Roan replied bluntly, "and two, maybe he could give us both some clarity on why exactly did you have the same reaction to dementors as Harry Potter?"

"If I say I'll go speak with Professor Lupin, can I leave?" She questioned.

"As long as you promise," He nodded curtly, holding up a pinky, "you know you can't break those," he added, hiding a smug grin to himself.

"I hate that you know what a pinky promise is," Rebecca murmured in distaste, eyeing his hand before sighing and nodding begrudgingly, "yeah, yeah, I promise," She uttered, gently wrapping her pinky with his before dropping her hand back down to her side, "okay, bye now."

Rebecca gratefully high-tailed it out of the library, relaxing slightly at the tension that finally began bleeding out of her shoulders the second she made it passed the double doors. Roan, on the other hand, couldn't help but to watch her retreating figure in poorly-hidden concern. His heart reprimanding him, making the guilt bubble away in his chest as his head loyally held onto withholding the words that so desperately wanted to escape his lips.

•♡•♡•

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 44.5K 98
❝my papa always told me that you can't trust anybody, no matter what.❞ ❝why would he say that?❞ ❝his own love betrayed their best friends and the fam...
223K 8.4K 49
❝You are the most aggravating person that I've ever met in my entire life!❞ ❝Bloody hell! How many times are you gonna say that?❞ In which she aligns...
232K 2.8K 66
- This book is just short stories from both the golden trios era and the Marauders era. This is just some fun ideas I've come up with and hope yous e...
225K 4.9K 70
𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐒𝐄𝐄 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐃𝐎 𝐓𝐎 𝐌𝐄? 𝐈 𝐂𝐀𝐍'𝐓 𝐄𝐀𝐓, 𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐏, 𝐎𝐑 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓. 𝐌𝐘 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐃...