Sometimes tragedies are a goo...

By WilliciaMcHart2015

When tragedy strikes a well known London family, The Royal family take a vow to take in the only survivor, 15... More

Prologue
The shock hits
New home and the beginning of the paparazzi

The fire and the rescue

227 5 0
By WilliciaMcHart2015

Isabelle POV

The smell of smoke is what wakes me up: the way it's filling the house, the way it burns my lungs without me breathing any of it in, the way it clings to every surface it passes, the way it makes me cough. On high alert, I jump out of bed and run out of my room, running to my parents room, screaming when I see orange flames covering every inch of our house.

"Mum, Dad!" I shout, my words coming out heavy and thick. The flames are making me hog so I shed my tank top, leaving me only in my pyjama shorts and red bra. The door to my parents room is engulfed in flames so I know that there's no way I can get to them and get them out, not if they're not already out of the house or dead. Knowing it's fruitless getting into my parents room, I run as fast as I can, dodging the flames and smoke, the smoke entering my lungs, to my baby sister's room, hoping I can at least get her out of here alive.

"Alice!" I shout, my voice is thick from the smoke. "Ali!" I yell as I enter my baby sister's room, which is full of the orange flames.

"ALICE!" I yell, my voice getting weaker and weaker with each word I say. I walk over to my sister's bed and pick her up in my arms and carry out of her room and start walking downstairs when I fall down the stairs, my most likely dead baby sister still cradled in my arms. I weakly feel for a pulse but as I expected, I find none.

So over the crackling of the flames that is devouring my house and my family, I scream as I hold my baby sister in my arms, hoping my death is quick and painless just like my parents and sister.

I don't know how long I scream into my dead sister when I hear voices.

"Will, try and find any survivors!" A voice barks out a demand. I ignore the voices and continue screaming.

"Hello?" The voice shouts over the burning flames.

"Harry, over here." A man says as they appear beside me. I ignore both of them and stare at my sister's face: her green eyes are closed, her lips are slightly parted and it if weren't for burned clothes, soot on her face and charred little body, I could swear she's only sleeping.

"Isabelle, we need to get you out of here." One of the vices says gently. I shake my head and find myself being scooped up into a pair of arms, I struggle with their grips, screaming for them to let me go and to let me die with my family.

I'm placed on the ground, my bare feet on the concrete, I try running back into my house but arms are around my waist, restraining me, and I can only cry and scream as I watch my house and family burn to the ground.

"NO!" I scream, ignoring my lungs protests.

Everything I've ever known: my parents, my baby sister who is only five years old, my childhood home, is burnt to the ground. I scream and fall to my knees, bringing my restrainer down with me, tears pouring down my face.

"No!" I sob as the arms lift me into their arms. The sounds of sirens in the air and the flashing blue lights are blinding me.

"Isabelle, we need to check you out, can you come with us?" A paramedic asks. With tears still running down my face, I shake my head.

"Isabelle, we don't know how much smoke you inhaled while in the house, you need  to get checked out, willingly or forcibly." The paramedic says with a warning in his voice. I flinch.

"Isabelle, would it help if me and my wife come with you?" The arms holding me asks me.

I nod slightly: why are they doing this for me?

Harry POV

I hold Isabelle in my arms, glaring at the paramedic menacingly, daring him to say one more word to Isabelle.

How dare he tell a fifteen year old who held her dead five year sister in her arms and watched as everything she's ever known that he will forcibly  take her to the hospital and check her out against her will?

"Isabelle, would it help if me and my wife come with you?" I ask the most likely traumatised girl in my arms, sneaking a look at my wife, standing next to Kate, and giving her a questionable look, she nods her head in agreement and walks up to me and Isabelle, who nods.

"Hi, Isabelle, I'm Meghan, me and my husband are going to be right here with you, you're not going to be alone, okay?" Meghan tells the fifteen year old.

Together me and Meghan step into the ambulance, me never letting go of Isabelle. I distinctly hear my brother telling me and Meghan that he, Kate and Granny will meet us at the hospital but I'm too wrapped in keeping Isabelle calm and the paramedic silent to respond to my big brother.

The ride to the hospital is silent, save for the sound of Isabelle's sniffling.

"W..who would do something like this?" The teenager asks, I sigh: I know all too well  what it's like to want answers to questions that nobody has yet.

"We don't know, yet, Isabelle, but we're going to find out okay?" Meghan tells her gently. Isabelle nods her head at my wife before going quiet again. The rest of the ride to the hospital is silent, until the hospital personnel try to take Isabelle from me which makes me tighten my arms around her and makes her scream.

"No, no!" The 15 year old screams as she wraps her arms around my neck, clinging onto me like a monkey.

"Your Highness, you need to let her go." One of the doctors demands. That doesn't fly with Isabelle who screams again as hands try to grab her.

Can't they see they're scaring her even more than she already is? I think angrily.

"That's enough! Can't you tell you're all scaring her?!" The angry voice of my sister comes from behind the groups of hospital staff who immediately step away from me, my wife and the girl that's sobbing into my chest.

"Ma'am, with all due respect, we received a call that this girl was involved in a house fire. We need to check her out and see if she's sustained any injuries." The head doctor says to my silently raging sister.

"And she would have let you, if you hadn't all grabbed her and tried to take her from the one person who makes her feel safe." Kate says to the staff with barely controlled anger in her voice and body language. The staff bow their heads, at least having the decency to look ashamed. The gaggle of staff walk back into the hospital while my brother, sister and granny all walk toward us hesitantly.

"It's okay, guys, you can come over." Meghan says gently, stroking Isabelle's hair, she whimpers when my wife's fingers leave her hair, obviously loving the contact of having her hair stroked.

"Isabelle, my name's Kate, this is Elizabeth, this is Meghan and these two goofballs are Will and Harry." Kate says softly as she joins us in the ambulance. Isabelle looks at my brunette sister with a small smile.

"Hi, Kate." She says softly, her smile widening a little bit.

"Sweetheart, we know you don't want to go inside the hospital but it's imperative that we get you checked out to see if you've injured yourself, is that okay?" Kate asks Isabelle gently. Isabelle lifts her head from my chest and looks around the crowded ambulance.

"Can you all come with me?" She asks quietly. We all look at one another and turn back to the teenager.

"You try and stop us." Will says with a smirk, Isabelle giggles and sits up in my lap, not caring that she's dressed only in pyjama shorts and a red bra.

Meghan POV

Me and Harry sit beside Isabelle's bed, both our hands holding hers, the beeping of the heat monitor is the only noise in the white room, except for the occasional sigh from my husband. With my free hand, I stroke her blonde hair that has a hint of smoke to it.

This girl is only 15 years old and in one night has everything ripped away from her.

"Harry, is there any way we can do for her once she wakes up?" I ask my husband without looking away from the teenager. I want to help this girl and she deserves to be helped.

"I'm sure we can do something to help her, love." My husband says quietly as he softly stands up from his chair and shushes Isabelle who is whimpering in her sleep.

"Shh, it's okay, Isabelle." Harry whispers to her as he kisses her forehead tenderly.

A/N: I know I haven't been updating this but I've started my new internship and my sister has just a major op, so my updates will be less and less until I get into a routine, I will post oneshots when I'm getting spotty, but for now I thank you for your patience and understanding.

Caio, Angles.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

374K 11.4K 91
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
505K 18.2K 94
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
Fake Love By :)

Fanfiction

135K 3.1K 46
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
1.1M 50.3K 96
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC