The DragonBorn

By Rubyrose645

Water. Earth. Fire. Air. The four elements of the world, all work together in harmony for the benefit of thos... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 43

Chapter 24

643 32 2
By Rubyrose645

After being escorted out of the desert, the group travelled for a few more days until they reached a refugee port called Full Moon Bay. As soon as Zeraphina stepped foot inside the port, she could feel the people's pain and sorrow. But she also felt their hatred towards the Fire Nation. It made her determination to help stop this war even stronger. But, her loyalty to her Prince was just as strong, and she couldn't go against his wishes.

They boarded a ferry that would safely take them to Ba Sing Se as fugitives of the Fire Nation, not that anyone had to know about their origins. For Zeraphina, she thought it could be a brand new start for her, Zuko and Iroh. A life that could be free from the Fire Nation's grasp. They did say that Ba Sing Se has a way of changing people, perhaps it could be true for the Fire Nation prince.

"The waters are clear and calm today, child." The voice said to her as she smiled back hearing them once again.

"It's been some time since I heard from you. What have you been up to?" Zeraphina answered mentally.

"There is hardly anything to do within you, but I have been seeing things."

"Oh, another premonition for me to dream about? Any hints as to what I may see tonight?"

"Why spoil it for you?"

"I know that tone. Just give me one little hint."

The voice sighed, "All right then. It has something to do with the young prince you so care for. Ba Sing Se really will change him for the best."

Zeraphina smiled at this news, wanting for that to be true. And as a DragonBorn, her dreams are never lies.

"What are you smiling about?" Zuko asked as he glanced over at his friend.

"Nothing, just wondering what the wall of Ba Sing Se will look like." She answered.

"Yes, it is quite the sight." Iroh said, "Who would have thought that after all these years, I'd return to the scene of my greatest military disgrace.... As a tourist!" Iroh pulled out a hat that he quickly put on and smiled like he didn't have a care in the world.

"Look around." Zuko grumbled, "We're not tourists. We're refugees." He took a sip from the bowl of food he held before spitting it out in disgust, "I'm sick of eating rotten food and sleeping in the dirt. I'm tired of living like this."

"There will be no need to suffer much longer, once this war is over." Zeraphina tried to comfort him, placing her hand on his shoulder.

"Well, I think a lot of people would love for that to happen soon, don't you?" Someone said behind them.

The three turned around to see two boys and a young girl standing behind them. One of the three smiled with a straw of wheat in his mouth as the other two stood behind him quietly.

"My name's Jet, and these are my Freedom Fighters, Smellerbee and Longshot." The boy, Jet, introduced themselves.

"Hey." Smellerbee greeted while Longshot only nodded without a word.

"Hello." Zuko greeted.

"Nice to meet you." Zeraphina said, "I'm Mingxia, this is Lee and Mushi."

"Nice the meet you, Mingxia. Here's the deal, I hear the captain's been eating like a king while us refugees have to feed off his scraps and leftovers. Doesn't seem fair, does it?"

"Not in the slightest." Zeraphina said.

"What sort of kind is he eating like?" Iroh asked.

"The fat, happy kind." Jet said and Iroh drooled at the thought.

"Soo, want to help us 'liberate' some food?"

Zuko thought for a moment he finally threw the bowl of rotten food in his hands into the vast ocean they sailed through before turning back to Jet.

"I'm in." He answered.

Jet smiled and turned to Zeraphina, "What about you, Mingxia? You want in?"

Zeraphina chuckled and shook her head, "Sorry, but I'll have to pass. The less people on this 'mission' the less chances to be noticed."

"All right then, suit yourself."

~~~~~

Later on that evening after the moon had risen in the dark sky, Zuko and the Freedom Fighters were passing out the food they had stolen from the captain's kitchen.

"Mingxia, here." Zuko said as he gave her a bowl of chicken and rice.

"Thank you." Zeraphina said as she took the bowl and began eating her first good meal in days. They all sat in a circle with the Freedom Fighters as they ate.

"So, Smellerbee. That's an unusual name for a young man." Iroh said.

"Maybe it's because I'm not a man. I'm a girl!" Smellerbee said and stormed away offended.

"Oh, now I see. It's a beautiful name for a lovely girl." Iroh shouted, but it was already too late. Smellerbee was already gone and Longshot had followed behind her to help calm her down.

"Wise words, Mushi." Zeraphina said taking another bite of her food.

"from what I heard, people eat like this every night in Ba Sing Se." Jet said, "I can't wait to set my eyes on that giant wall."

"It is a magnificent sight." Iroh said.

"So you've been there before?"

"Once. When I was a... different man."

Jet sighed and looked down, "I've done some things in my past that I'm not proud of, but that's why I'm going to Ba Sing Se. For a new beginning, a second chance."

"That's very noble of you. I believe people can change their lives, if they want to. I believe in second chances."

"Mushi does say some wise words." Zeraphina said, "And with you feeding all of these people on the boat, you're already starting your shift to change."

Jet smiled at her words and took them to heart. He also noticed that was very kind and very beautiful. Something about her eyes just screamed power, and it intrigued him.

~~~~~

Zeraphina slept peacefully, until she opened her eyes and saw a beautiful sight in front of her. It was a fountain lit up with beautiful candles. Some of the candles were hanging on the strings above the fountain, and other candles were floating in the water. The lights were soft, but it was like she was walking through paradise.

"Zera." Zuko's voice said behind her. She turned around and saw him wearing Earth Kingdom style clothes, with a soft smile on his face, "Do you like it?"

Zerahina smiled, "I love it. It's so beautiful. How did you have the time to do this?"

"I have my ways." Zuko walked closer to Zeraphina, her cheeks burning a gentle red as e slowly brushed his hand against hers. She was stunned by his actions. It was something that she hadn't seen Zuko do since he was a little kid, before all of this darkness infected him.

"Why did you want to take me out today? It's not like you, My Prince." Zeraphina chuckled, "Has Ba Sing Se changed you already?"

"Maybe." Zuko said, surprising her yet again. Zuko turned to Zeraphina, his smile fading and turning serious.

"Zera.... would you like to stay here in Ba Sing Se?"

"What?"

"Would you like to stay here in Ba Sing Se..... with me?"

Zeraphina was stunned by this question. And though she knew this was a dream, she wanted it to be real. Before the dream could continue, everything turned to white flames, and the owner of the voice appeared in front of her.

"Will that really happen?" Zeraphina asked.

"You know that these visions never lie to you, child." The voice said, "This will happen."

Zeraphina smiled at the thought of this vision coming true in the future. She was more than excited for Zuko to transform into the young prince she always imagined that he would become.

~~~~~

Zuko glanced down at Zeraphina, seeing that she was sleeping comfortably with what little blanket he could find for her. She was still sleeping from the night before, and Zuko didn't have the heart to wake her up until they get to Ba Sing Se.

"She's really pretty." Jet said as he walked up to Zuko's side, "She your girl, are you two just friends?"

Zuko didn't say anything. It took everything in his power to push down the blush that tried to form on his cheeks.

"She's my closest friend. Nothing more."

"I see. I guess it's only natural." Jet said and leaned against the railing, "You know, as soon as I saw your scar, I knew who you were."

Zuko glanced over at him in suspicion.

"You're an outcast, like me. And us outcasts have to stick together. We have to watch each other's backs. Because no one else will."

"I realized lately that being on your own isn't always the best path." Zuko said and sat down next to Zeraphina, waiting for their ferry to dock in Ba Sing Se.

He looked down at her and saw that Zeraphina was smiling in her sleep and had a feeling that something would happen in that city. Little did he know that the smile was giving in her sleep, was the answer to his feeling.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

865K 23.5K 130
Elua's purpose has always been to protect and help her brother, Avatar Aang, keep balance to the world. One night, her brother runs away from home. S...
388 12 7
Over 100 years ago, the Avatar vanished when the world needed him most. No one knew where their savior had gone and soon abandoned hope as the powerf...
6.4K 351 9
➤𝘛𝘰𝘱𝘩 𝘉đ˜Ļđ˜Ēđ˜§đ˜°đ˜¯đ˜¨ 𝘹 đ˜ŗđ˜Ļđ˜ĸđ˜Ĩđ˜Ļđ˜ŗ (đ˜¯.) đ˜ĸ đ˜ŗđ˜Ļ𝘮𝘰đ˜ĩđ˜Ļ đ˜Ŗđ˜Ļđ˜ĸđ˜ļđ˜ĩđ˜Ē𝘧đ˜ļ𝘭 đ˜Ē𝘮đ˜ĸ𝘨đ˜Ēđ˜¯đ˜ĸđ˜ŗđ˜ē 𝘱𝘭đ˜ĸ𝘤đ˜Ļ 𝘸𝘩đ˜Ļđ˜ŗđ˜Ļ 𝘭đ˜Ē𝘧đ˜Ļ đ˜ĸ𝘱𝘱đ˜ŗ𝘰đ˜ĸ𝘤𝘩īŋŊ...
140K 3.3K 52
Ai- (Chinese) meaning Love. The Ai was said to have amazing bending skills of the four elements along with a great connection to animals and sp...