favorite liar | xavier thorpe

By throckmortonofficial

In which Iris Addams is nothing like her family and Xavier Thorpe is too much like his own. More

FAVORITE LIAR
1. new school, new me
2. obligatory transition chapter
4. meet: tyler galpin
5. late night serenade... sort of
6. break up make up
7. sister bonding
8. untitled
9. kidnapping!
10. the weathervane (derogatory)
11. sick of this small talk
12. serial killing and dress shopping
13. confrontation then dancing
14. family stuff
15. almost
16. task completed
17. almost again
18. :/
19. high tensions
20. :O

3. meet: xavier thorpe

4.1K 68 15
By throckmortonofficial

𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧

". . . So, a 'game' is called a bout, and there's direct elimination plays, preliminary pool plays, or the bout is just over when the time limit expires, okay?"

"Um."

Iris blinks blankly as Wednesday walks briskly through the halls beside her, one girl dressed in an all black fencing outfit, and the other in the school provided, traditional white. . . guess who was wearing what.

"Now," Wednesday suddenly spins as her sister catches up at a big set of double doors. "I'm going to go assert dominance, you try not to get stabbed," and she spins around again to walk through the doors without waiting for a response.

"Okay. . ." Iris slowly trails after, regretting even signing up for fencing club in the first place.

To be completely honest, it wasn't really her choice with the way her mother's only personality trait when she talks about her high school days is fencing, and Morticia would probably disown Iris if she didn't give it a try.

Iris walks through the door behind Wednesday, watching as her sister struts through the current games- matches- bouts, straight to Bianca, who Iris learned is the captain of the team.

If Iris wasn't lost before, she definitely doesn't know what to do now as everyone stops what they're doing to watch the two interact.

"Have we met before?" Iris doesn't realize how close she's gotten to some guy who was once watching the intense exchange and is now shifting his attention to Iris.

"I'm new," Iris turns her head to look at him, but her body is still faced towards where Wednesday is in the slightest bit of concern. Is fencing supposed to be so scary? "Iris Addams," she then remembers her manners and introduces herself.

"Xavier Thorpe," he replies, then just kinda stares as if expecting a reaction.

He's cute. Green eyes. Tall. And Iris has always had a thing for guys with longer hair. But. He's kind of staring at her weird. Ick.

"You never fenced before?" He's probably caught onto the confused look in Iris's eyes as she goes back to watching Bianca and Wednesday.

"That obvious?" She shakes her head, assuring herself that Wednesday knows what she's doing more than Iris would.

"Just the way you hold your foil," Xavier gestures to what Iris thought was just called a fencing sword in her hand. "Shouldn't let the tip drag against the ground and keep your thumb parallel to the grip."

Okay, know-it-all. But Iris still lifts her arm slightly to adjust her hold and wordlessly look up at Xavier again to seek his approval.

He nods at her correction, but then goes back to staring at her face while Iris turns back to Wednesday and Bianca where it seems things have gotten even more tense if possible.

"I can teach you more if you'd like," Xavier says in a way that's surprisingly nonchalant for the obviousness in the words. Could you be more desperate?

Iris has had one (1) boyfriend in her entire life. 8th grade. Winter formal was how he asked her out. They dated for a solid 2 weeks before he decided the glares that Wednesday would give him in the hallway whenever he walked past weren't worth it, and they ended things on "still friends" terms (a.k.a. he ghosted her and they haven't spoken since he said "your whole family is just too freakish for me").

High school wasn't much different. Iris would talk to guys (and maybe a few girls) and they'd be lab partners and maybe even walk to class together if things were getting serious, but they were never willing to go all the way. Never ready for Iris's weirder side as much as they were for her "normal" side.

So, now, with this objectively cute guy offering Iris fencing lessons, Iris is conflicted. Is he flirting? Does he genuinely just want to teach her how to fence? Is she reading too much into this? Has 3 years of relationship (and lack-there-of) trauma and her whole life of never knowing whether someone actually wants to talk to her or just wants to make fun of her led her to be such an extreme over-thinker?

"C'mon, I know a spot," he starts walking backwards, waiting for Iris to trail behind as Iris realizes she's spent too long in her head and he's made the decision for her.

"Okay," she gives, not really knowing what else she would do with her time. He's surely not a serial killer or anything.

They walk through the halls, the Bianca x Wednesday face-off left far behind as Xavier starts giving Iris a more personalized tour than the one Enid attempted when the girls first got here.

". . . and after he ran into that painting of Edgar Allen Poe, he had to spend 3 weeks donating blood for the vampire drive as punishment," Xavier is just finishing recounting another fascinating tale of Ajax, his best friend, as he turns to open a door, leading Iris to some kind of storage room.

It's about half the size of the original fencing room, so still big, and has similarly, large-sized windows for light to filter in. The only dreary vibe comes from the cardboard boxes stacked along the walls and vacant cobwebs at every corner - although, Iris is starting to think those are there on purpose as some sort of decor.

"Used to be the old fencing room," Xavier explains as Iris continues looking around. "Before they upgraded because the fencing team was getting so good. . . you probably know that though."

"What do you mean?" Iris is looking out the windows now over the vast front field of Nevermore. It's pretty when it's not too gothic.

"You look just like your mom," he says in explanation. "She was captain of the team when she went here, right? Her picture is plastered everywhere."

Iris isn't really sure why Xavier feels the need to speak 3 sentences at a time when fewer words often do the trick, but she knows better than to say that aloud right now.

"I'm sure she's talked about it," Iris also isn't really sure why his tone starts to sound accusatory whenever he asks a question, but maybe that's just his personality - however it may irk her. "I don't really care though."

Xavier lets out a soft laugh, and Iris didn't really know she was making a joke, but she's glad he's smiling at her.

"I totally get that," he watches as Iris takes in her surroundings. "My dad only sent me here because he literally wants to marry this school."

"Are all parents like that?" Iris gets excited as she realizes he's had the same experience as her. "Like, we get it, you peaked in high school."

"No, literally," Xavier also relaxes more. "He wants me to 'find myself,'" complete with air quotes. "I didn't realize I was lost," he all but scoffs.

"Tell me about it," Iris is done with her investigation around the room and moves to one side of the mat.

Xavier puts the fencing mask thing he was carrying under his arm throughout the walk on and follows her lead at the other end "Ready?"

𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧

"So, if I'm right-handed, can I play someone who's left handed?" Iris thinks out loud as her Xavier take a break from practicing to just sit on the floor and face each other.

"Yeah, why not?" Xavier takes her questions easily.

That's something Iris is starting to like about him. He may be broody and weird on the exterior, but one you start talking with him, it's easy to carry the conversation.

"I just feel like they'd get in the way," she also finds herself talking more than usual around him. But she's not really liking it. Like he's turning her into a new person, and as much as she wanted to branch out of her comfort zone here, Iris is the last person to change her personality over some guy.

"Wanna try?" He stands up, not waiting for her response.

"I don't think I can handle losing against your less dominant hand," but Iris stands too anyway.

"All the more likely you'll win," he speaks statistically.

"All the more humility when I lose," she banters, but gets in position anyway, ready to surrender before he can knock her off her feet for the millionth time.

a/n:
besties

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.1K 1.6K 11
I say that I hate you with a smile on my face. WEDNESDAY, S1 ─ XAVIER THORPE 𝒙 FEMALE OC INDEFINITELY ON HOLD © villainarc
261K 8.4K 41
𝙥𝙪𝙗𝙡𝙞𝙨𝙝𝙚𝙙 𝙤𝙣: 𝗳𝗲𝗯𝗿𝘂𝗮𝗿𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗵, 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟯 ˏˋ°•*⇢ ɪᴛꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜱᴡᴇᴇᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ ᴡᴇ ᴅᴏɴᴛ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ꜱᴀʏ...
329K 9.5K 26
𝙚𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙢𝙖 /ɪˈ𝙣ɪɡ𝙢ə/ 𝙖 𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙤𝙣 𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙞𝙨 𝙢𝙮𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙤𝙪𝙨 𝙤𝙧 𝙙𝙞𝙛𝙛𝙞𝙘𝙪𝙡𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙪𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙣𝙙. "𝙈𝙤�...
67.7K 1.8K 15
"Out of the billions of people in this world, I'm being married to a werewolf?" Wednesday threw daggers at her parents, physically and staringly. "Ye...