š‘šžš ššš„ š†š«šššœšž

By JAEALIA

šˆ ššžšš¢šœššš­šž š¦š² š„š¢šŸšž, š“šØ š„šØšÆš¢š§š  š²šØš® š«š¢š š”š­. More

šœšØš©š²š«š¢š š”š­/šš¢š¬šœš„ššš¢š¦šžš«
šŸšššœšž šœš„ššš¢š¦š¬
š©š«šØš„šØš š®šž
šØš§šž
š­š°šØ
š­š”š«šžšž
šŸšØš®š«
šŸš¢šÆšž
š¬š¢š±
š¬šžšÆšžš§
šžš¢š š”š­
š­šžš§
šžš„šžšÆšžš§
š­š°šžš„šÆšž
š­š”š¢š«š­šžšžš§

š§š¢š§šž

7.3K 621 136
By JAEALIA

𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐈
Mahalia Reign Clark
22 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐨𝐥𝐝

—————————— ♥ ——————————

Mahalia held a sleeping Mynazja in her right arm as she pushed the stroller along with carrying her purse on her left shoulder. She lifted Mynazja up some, seeing that she began to slip a bit, before walking through the recreation center towards the back. She could hear loud music and the happy shrieks of children. She could also hear splashes, letting her know that the pool was open like Yaseer said it would be.

She smiled when she walked outside and saw so many children of all ages, playing around and smiling. She looked around, seeing some parents of children sitting at benches while watching their kids or talking to other parents that they knew. Before she could notice Yaseer on the grill, he was already making his way towards her.

"Wassup ma. Let me take these fa' you." He greeted her before taking her purse and stroller from her hands. He led the way to an empty table and sat her purse on top of it before placing the stroller beside the bench.

"Thank you sir." She smiled before sitting down at the bench.

"I'm happy ta' see you here. Ian gon' lie I wasn't expecting you ta' come." He told her truthfully.

"And why is that?" Mahalia raised her eyebrows.

" 'Cause you don't really kno' me and you seem a lil reserved. I jus' thought you'd be uncomfortable around so many people you don't kno'." He shrugged. "But like I said, I'm glad that you came. How are you and baby girl?" He asked. Mahalia was a little taken back that he read her that well. She was a very reserved person, or rather she would say that she was cautious with who she gave her time and energy to. She didn't allow just anyone in her space, but she did want to show up just to show her support. She loved that Yaseer advocated for the youth and those in need.

"I'm good, and she's really good and spoiled as ever. I wish she would let me put her in her stroller, but I know she'll wake up the second she leaves my arms." Mahalia chuckled and Yaseer did the same.

"She jus' a lil princess, that's all. Do you want any food? I'm grilling over there an' I have no problem making you a plate." He proposed.

"I don't know." Mahalia spoke hesitantly. "I don't want to bother you. I'll probably just get up and make one once she wakes up."

"You not bothering me if I suggested it, ma. Tell me what you like an' I got you." He told her and Mahalia cracked a smile.

"You can just put anything on the plate." She told him.

"Lil mama don't have any allergies right?" He asked and Mahalia hummed and shook her head no.

"Ight, I'll be back with your food." He gave her a smile before walking off back to the grill.

Mahalia went into her purse, grabbing sunscreen before opening it and putting some on Mynazja. The sun was beaming, but luckily each table had an umbrella that shielded them from the heat of the sun. As she rubbed the sunscreen all over Mynazja's face and neck, Nazja stirred around before waking up. She mugged Mahalia, not happy that she was woken up before looking around at all of the kids.

"Stop mugging me pooh." Mahalia kissed all over Mynazja's face and Mynazja giggled a bit.

"Noo mommy." She laughed, trying to push Mahalia's face away. She got out of Mahalia's arms and stood up in front of the bench as she watched the other kids splash around in the pool. Mahalia took that time to close up the sunscreen and put it back in her bag. As she closed up her purse, Yaseer came walking up to the table before sitting her plate in front of her.

Mahalia looked up at him. "Thank you so much. I really appreciate it." She smiled at how much food he put on her plate. There were ribs, chicken wings, a cheese burger, baked mac and cheese, cabbage, and Hawaiian rolls all stuffed onto her plate. He also sat a water and a Caprisun beside her plate.

"It's no problem. I hope you enjoy and have fun while you here." He told her and before he could walk away, he felt someone tap his leg. He looked down to see the small girl in front of him and she waved shyly.

"Wassup princess." He spoke, waving back and she smiled before running over to Mahalia.

"Don't be shy mami." Mahalia told her. "You hungry?" She asked her daughter and Mynazja shook her head no.

"I go in the pool, mommy?" Mynazja asked and Mahalia hummed as she began to put foil over her food to cover it.

"If it's okay wit' you, I can take her in the pool while you eat." Yaseer suggested and Mahalia looked at him hesitantly.

"Um, I don't know." Mahalia told him. As kind as he was to her, she didn't know him well enough to trust him with her daughter. If she had to wait to eat her food in order for Mynazja to get in the pool and have fun, then she would.

"I won't push it if you not comfortable with that, but I was already 'bout to get in to make sure the kids being safe in there. I don't mind taking her in an' letting her have fun in the shallow end." He spoke, noticing that Mahalia was uncertain about it. He knew she had good reason because as a mother, you can't trust everyone. He knew that if he was a parent, he would be the exact same way.

After thinking about it, Mahalia nodded her head yes. "Okay, but please stay where I can see her." She told him seriously.

"Of course. I gotchu." He nodded his head.

"You want him to take you in the pool, pooh?" Mahalia asked Nazja and she quickly nodded her head yes.

"Mhm mama I go swim!" Mynazja said excitedly and she grabbed Yaseer's hand, attempting to drag him to the pool. He looked back at Mahalia before chuckling at the smile on her face.

"Don't let my baby drown, Yaseer." She playfully glared at him.

He mouthed the words, "I got you." before following behind Mynazja.

—————————— ♥ ——————————

𝐒𝐄𝐄𝐑
Yaseer Nakim Rogers
25 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐨𝐥𝐝

—————————— ♥ ——————————

"Here princess." Yaseer grabbed the floaties before putting them on Mynazja's arms. Mynazja went back to holding his large hand before walking into the pool. When she got to the second step, she looked back at him.

"I keep going?" She asked him and he could tell she was beginning to feel unsure about getting all the way in.

"Yeah, go ahead. I won't let anything happen ta' you lil mama." He nodded his head and she kept going until she was all the way in. She smiled widely as the floaties kept her afloat.

"Look mama! I swim!" She giggled as she splashed around in the water, copying what the bigger kids were doing. Yaseer smiled as he watched her have the time of her life, occasionally screaming out to her mom to show her what she was doing.

"Yo, chill out." He spoke to one of the older boys who kept splashing in their direction as he played with another boy, causing a lot of the water to get in Mynazja's eyes.

"My fault, Seer." The boy spoke before he swam to the deeper end with the other boy following behind him.

"Seer!" Mynazja called out to him, copying the name that the boy called him and Yaseer looked down at her.

"Wassup princess?" He questioned, and she raised her arms up indicating that she wanted to be picked up. Yaseer swam, or rather walked, through the pool, stopping at five feet because after that, there was a huge dip down to twelve feet. He watched as a few boys played basketball with the court that stood at the edge of the pool.

Mynazja seemed mesmerized at the game, clapping every time the ball went into the net. Yaseer gestured to one of the boys to hand him the ball and once he got it, he gave it to the small girl in his arms.

"Throw it in the hoop, princess." He instructed as he walked closer to the net and she threw it, making it go in. All of the boys clapped and cheered for her as she smiled and laughed.

"Mama!" She called to Mahalia, who was already looking in their direction with a smile on her face. She clapped for her daughter and the grin never left Mynazja's face.

"I did it!" She squealed to Yaseer and he gave her a high five before they continued playing in the pool.

—————————— ♥ ——————————

Yaseer helped Mahalia pack up all her things while Mynazja sat on the bench, enjoying the vanilla ice cream that he got her from the ice cream truck. Her curly hair was still a bit damp from all of the fun she had in the pool, but she obviously didn't mind as she devoured her ice cream.

He grabbed her purse as she put Mynazja in the stroller and strapped her in.

"Thank you so much for taking her to the pool and helping me with my things. I know I keep saying it, but I really do appreciate it." Mahalia spoke, looking up at Yaseer who was several inches taller than her. She was tall, but his height made it seem otherwise. They walked together to Mahalia's car side by side.

"It's no problem, ma. Lil mama is a true princess." He smiled, showcasing his pearly white teeth. Although he didn't know Mahalia or her daughter that well, he couldn't lie and say that her aura didn't draw him in. From what he'd seen, she was a very sweet and generous woman and an amazing mother, and that was everything to him. Her daughter was just as gentle and sweet as her mother was, as well.

"Trust me, I know. She really is and so freaking spoiled too." Mahalia chuckled. When they made it to her car, he put her purse inside of her car and once she got Mynazja out of the stroller, he folded it up for her and placed it in the trunk. After she got Mynazja strapped into her car seat, she went over to the driver side where Yaseer opened the door for her and made sure she was in.

"For the one hundredth time, thank you." Mahalia gave him a genuine smile. "I hope you enjoy the rest of your evening and I'm glad that you invited us. She had a great time."

"I enjoyed being able to make her happy an' I'm happy you showed up. You mind if I get yo' number? I would love ta' see you again." He asked, licking his lips as she looked at him through her long lashes. She was honestly so beautiful in his eyes. Her smooth, chocolate skin and her pretty, pink lips had him staring at her longer than he intended to.

"Yeah sure." Mahalia spoke, caught a little off guard since she wasn't expecting him to ask her that. She grabbed a pen out of her purse and wrote her number on the back of a random receipt that she found.

"Don't overuse it." She joked, handing it to him and chuckled before folding it and putting it into his pocket.

"I'a hit you up to make sure you and baby girl make it home safe, so make sure you answer." He told her.

"I will." She spoke softly.

"Ight, go 'head home beautiful." He told her and she started the car up, saying her goodbyes before driving off. Yaseer watched as her car disappeared into the distance before he turned around, heading back into the rec center.

He licked his lips, thinking about Mahalia. Yaseer wasn't the type of man that engaged in casual dating or halfhearted relationships. If he was in, he was one hundred percent in. He really wanted to know the true Mahalia and if he had to break down every wall in order to experience Mahalia and all that came with her, then he would apply that pressure.

—————————— ♥ ——————————

𝐀/𝐍:

𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐧𝐨 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐥.

𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫? 𝐝𝐨 𝐲'𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐘𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐬 𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐢𝐦𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟?

𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐫𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐢 𝐰𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲, 𝐛𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐭𝐭 𝐢𝐝𝐤..

𝐘𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐞 & 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐟𝐮𝐥 : )

𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐞 & 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭.

𝐞𝐱𝐜𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 123 11
š˜šš˜—š˜š˜• š˜–š˜š˜ š˜–š˜ š˜š˜™š˜–š˜” "š˜‰š˜“š˜š˜•š˜‹"
92.4K 2.1K 32
'Ī¹ ѕĪ±× āˆ‚ Ī¹Š¼ тŠ½Ń” ĻƒŠøє ŠøĻƒŃ‚ тŠ½Ń” тĻ‰Ļƒ'
833K 39.4K 37
i have waited lifetimes to find you.