The Sweetest Thing

By Seager99

Imagine going on a road trip with your best friend who happens to be a guy. Your ex boyfriend who is still in... More

(1) The Sweetest Thing
(2) The Sweetest Thing
(3) The Sweetest Thing
(4) The Sweetest Thing
(5) The Sweetest Thing
(6) The Sweetest Thing
(7) The Sweetest Thing
(8) The Sweetest Thing
(9) The Sweetest Thing
(10) The Sweetest Thing
(11) The Sweetest Thing
(12) The Sweetest Thing
(13) The Sweetest Thing
(14) The Sweetes Thing
(15) The Sweetest Thing
(16) The Sweetest Thing
(18) The Sweetest Thing
(19) The Sweetest Thing
(20) The Sweetest Thing
(21) The Sweetest Thing
(22) The Sweetest Thing
(23) The Sweetest Thing
(24) The Sweetest Thing
(25) The Sweetest Thing

(17) The Sweetest Thing

4.2K 44 6
By Seager99

The Sweetest Thing

Chapter Seventeen

Our room wasn't too big but it was pretty and I felt comfortable in it. We had a huge bed in the centre of the room with bed side tables, a built in cupboard, a TV and a bathroom. Kyle let me shower first so that I could do my hair and makeup while he showered. The water was nice and warm and felt good on my over tense body. I took my time, hoping that the water would calm my nerves and give me strength to carry me through the rest of the night.

When I was done Kyle took a quick shower and I got dressed. I wasn't in the best of moods and didn't feel like trying too hard to look good so I just put on some jeans, a tank top and a jacket. I let my hair hang loose and just added some light makeup to help me look cheerful.

Kyle finished his shower and changed into some black ripped jeans, a t shirt and a black hoodie with little white skeletons all over it. We were done just in time so we headed to the entrance. Nobody was there yet but luckily we didn't have to wait long for them to show up. Both Olivia and Sophia had dressed up and were wearing little dresses, heels and way too much makeup. I shook my head and wondered if it's really possible for somebody to change so fast. It was like she was a completely different person since we left on the trip.

It had stopped raining but the sky was still thick with clouds so we decided to drive to the restaurant, not wanting to take any chances. When we arrived at the restaurant our waitress lead us over to a big table and we all sat down. Kyle sat at the end like always and I sat down next to him. The rest of the group looked around the table to figure out where they wanted to sit and then took their seats. Randy sat down next to me and Craig and Olivia wound up sitting opposite me and Kyle.

Craig kept on smiling at me when he thought nobody was looking and Randy was being really friendly. If the one wasn't dating the girl that I used to view as my best friend and the other wasn't my ex I would have felt like a very lucky girl but unfortunately that's not the case. I wasn't sure if Olivia really didn't notice Craig staring at me or if she just acted like she didn't but I couldn't help feel bad for her. Craig was using her and although we haven't been getting along lately I still felt that she deserved somebody better than him.

We ordered our food and then waited for the waitress to return with our orders. Kyle was really quiet but I didn't worry about it. He is usually quiet when we are around other people. Randy tried making conversation with us but he wasn't very successful. As the night passed I felt more and more uncomfortable. Craig wouldn't stop looking at me and Randy was trying way too hard. By the time everybody was done eating and decided that we should go back to the motel I was severely irritated.

I drove back to the motel with Kyle and when we arrived I didn't bother waiting for the rest of the group. I just grabbed my purse and headed upstairs to our room. Kyle didn't complain but I knew he wouldn't. When I reached our room, I unlocked the door, pulled him inside and locked it behind us.

"I can't take this anymore! Did you see how he keeps on looking at me?" I asked, exasperated.

"You'd have to be blind not too," Kyle replied, smirking. I shook my head and hit him on the shoulder as I walked passed him.

"Randy seemed like he was trying really hard as well," Kyle chuckled.

"He is being so nice, it only makes me feel worse for dumping him," I replied, falling down on the bed.

"Do you regret it?" Kyle questioned, lying down next to me. We were both staring at the ceiling now.

"What?" I asked, wanting to make sure what he was talking about before answering him.

"Dumping Randy and hooking up with Craig," he stated. I thought about his question for a second before answering.

"Yes and no. Randy is a good guy and hurting him the way I did was wrong but I guess I had to find out the hard way and Craig, I'm just not sure about him. I want to believe that he wants me but I don't. I know he is just going to hurt me if I give him the chance," I answered, trying to make sense of things.

"So what are you going to do?" Kyle asked, turning onto his side so that he could look at me.

"I'm going to talk to Craig and try to put a stop to all of this craziness," I replied, not really sure of how I was going to do it. When I was around him I kind of lose my mind.

"I'll help anyway I can," Kyle said, pulling me into a hug. I hugged him back and then pulled away. The hug didn't feel like they used to and I was afraid that if I stayed like that I might act on my feelings.

"I'm tired," I stated, getting up from the bed. Kyle didn't say anything. He just nodded his head and got up as well. He had a strange look in his eyes, making me want to throw my arms around him and never let go. Instead I searched through my bag for some pajamas and went to go change in the bathroom. I took my time, not wanting to walk in on Kyle while he was changing. When I was sure that he should be done I headed back into the room.

I was right about him being changed but I forgot that him being changed didn't necessarily mean, him being fully dressed. He was sitting on the bed wearing only a pair of boxer shorts. My breath caught in my throat and I had to pretend I was choking so that he didn't notice my reaction.

"Are you ok?" Kyle asked as he jumped off of the bed and ran over to me.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I replied, trying not to look at him.

"I'll get you some water," he said, walking over to the bathroom. I got into bed while he did this and watched as he returned with a glass full of water. He handed it to me and then walked around and got into bed next to me. I took a few sips of the cold water hoping it would help me relax. It helped a bit but not much.

I laid down, turning my back to Kyle, hoping that he would just think I am tired. I really didn't want him to notice how I was reacting to him. I don't think he will judge me or dump me as a friend but it would put a hell of a lot of pressure on our relationship and I didn't want that. He is the only person I have that I trust completely.

I'm not sure what he thought but he didn't say anything. I just laid like that thinking about everything that has happened and what I was going to do to fix things. I was really tired but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't fall asleep. It was after one in the morning when I decided to get some fresh air. I had on pajama pants and a tank top so I slipped one of Kyle's t shirts on over it and sneaked out. I wasn't planning on going far so I just made my way down the hall and the stairs. It leads straight into the little lobby area in the entrance and I decided that I would just sit there for a while and look through some of the magazines.

I barely sat down when the motel door flew open releasing a cold breeze and a flustered looking Sophia. She didn't see me so I slipped down on the couch, hiding behind the back piece but keeping her in sight. I was expecting to see Aiden walk in at any moment but instead Craig came walking in. I had to press my hand over my mouth to stop the groan threatening to escape my throat.

"That was so wild," Sophia giggled as she turned to him. Craig smiled his sexy smile at her and then grabbed a hold of her waist and pulled her closer to him. My insides squirmed with disgust as a sudden urge to throw up came over me. I didn't want to see what was going to happen next but I couldn't get myself to look away.

"Does Olivia ever do that for you?" Sophia asked, teasingly.

"No babe, she's a complete bore," Craig replied, leaning forward and kissing her passionately. It took forever for them to stop making out and head upstairs.

My insides were rumbling at a ridiculous speed and I knew that I had to find a toilet very fast. I jumped up from where I was hiding and ran to the door that said ladies on the opposite side of the room. I slammed the door close behind me and just made it to the toilet before spilling my guts. When I was done I quickly washed my face and made my way back upstairs, hoping that Craig and Sophia were back in their rooms. I really didn't feel like confronting them right now.

To my relief the hallway was empty so I quickly made my way to Kyle and my room at the end of the hall. I was about to open the door when I heard the creaking sound of a door opening. I turned around and saw Randy stepping out of his room. He looked down the hall like he was searching for something and then turned and looked in my direction. He looked a bit shocked to see me but his eyes lit up as soon as he did.

"What are you doing up so late?" he whispered as he walked over to me.

"I couldn't sleep," I replied, honestly.

"Tell me about it," Randy said when he reached me.

"What were you looking for?" I asked, my curiosity getting the better of me.

"I heard noises. I could swear it was coming from Craig and Olivia's room but I guess it was you," Randy said, looking confused.

"Oh no, it wasn't me," I replied before I could stop myself. I regretted it as soon as the words left my mouth but I couldn't take them back. I wondered what the expression on my face looked like at the moment.

"Who was it then?" he asked, worriedly.

"It doesn't matter," I replied, turning towards my bedroom door, wanting to get away.

"Yes it does. I can tell by the look on your face," Randy stated, grabbing a hold of my arm lightly to stop me from leaving.

I turned back to him and wondered if I should tell him. Maybe talking to him about things would make me feel better and he does already know that I have some sort of weird crush on Craig.

"It was Craig and Sophia," I said, trying to keep my face straight. Randy looked surprised by my words. He obviously had no idea that they were hooking up.

"Sophia?" he asked, probably wanting to make sure he heard me right.

"Yip," I replied, smiling nervously.

"Come on, I can tell you need to talk about this," Randy said, slipping his hand down my arm and taking my hand in his. My first reaction was to pull away but I fought the urge and let him lead me into his room.

The room smelled like his cologne, making me feel at home. As soon as he closed the door I let go of his hand and walked over to his bed. I wondered if sitting on his bed was a good idea but there was nowhere else to sit so I took a deep breath, showed my nerves aside and sat down. Randy walked over to me and sat down beside me. He looked relaxed and comfortable, making me feel a bit better.

"What happened?" he asked, his voice full of concern.

"I couldn't sleep so I went for a walk. I was sitting in the lobby when Sophia and Craig came walking in. They said some disgusting things to each other and then he kissed her," I rambled, not wanting to drag it out and have to live through the visuals of it again.

"Damn, I know he is an asshole but I didn't expect that," Randy stated, looking disgusted.

"It was horrible to watch," I grinned, trying to make light of the subject. I didn't want to dwell on it or I was going to have to throw up again.

"I can imagine. Did they see you?" Randy questioned.

"No, they were way to busy making out to notice anything," I replied as the kiss they shared flashed through my mind. My stomach clenched together and I jumped up from the bed.

"What's wrong?" Randy asked, worriedly.

"I'm going to throw up," I replied, running to his bathroom. He followed me but I shut the door in his face not wanting him to see it.

I threw up until my stomach was empty and my throat burning. I wasn't sure what was going on but I highly doubted that that seeing Craig and Sophia kiss could really make me throw up. It had to be the food we ate earlier making me feel this way.

When I was done I asked Randy if he had an extra tooth brush and then quickly cleaned myself up. I felt a bit embarrassed but I guess there is nothing a person can do when they get sick.

"Are you ok now?" Randy asked when I sat back down on his bed.

"I hope so. It happened earlier as well, I think it might be the food we ate," I replied, smiling weekly. Randy nodded his head in understanding and then sat back down next to me.

"I'm sorry about all of this. You deserve to be happy," he finally said, breaking the silence.

"No I don't. I hurt you and I cheated with Craig on Olivia. I'm a horrible person," I replied, saying it how it really is.

"You couldn't be horrible if you tried," Randy stated, smiling at me and making me feel even guiltier.

"Why are you being so nice to me after what I've done to you? You should hate me," I whispered, looking straight at him.

"I could never hate you Lucy. I love you way too much to do that," Randy whispered, staring straight into my eyes and leaning forward.

For a second I considered letting him kiss me but then I jumped up and made my way over to his door. I could see the look of hurt and disappointment in his eyes as I said goodbye to him but I just couldn't do it. I was way too confused and I had to figure out what I wanted before I hurt anybody else. I already hurt Randy once and I didn't want to do it again. He deserved better than me.

I quickly ran over to my room and slipped inside before I could change my mind. I locked the door behind me, took off Kyle's t shirt and got into bed. It looked like Kyle was still asleep but as soon as I laid down next to him he turned towards me with open eyes. He had a strange look on his face but didn't say anything. Instead he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer to him.

The touch of his hands sent a shiver of electricity down my body and I cursed myself silently.

"Try to get some sleep," he whispered softly, his voice filled with love and care.

"Ok," I replied, laying my head on his chest like I've done a million times before. I felt safe in his arms but I felt something else too, I wanted him and it was confusing the crap out of me. Maybe I was going crazy or something because lately I've been acting like a complete idiot.

It took me a while to fall asleep and when I finally did I had all sorts of nightmares. I woke up the next morning feeling even more confused than before. I was still wrapped in Kyle's arms so I just stayed like that until he woke up. I had no idea what the time was and to be honest I really didn't care. I didn't want to be on this stupid road trip anymore. I wanted to go home and forget about everybody and everything. But life isn't that simple. I made this mess and I have to deal with the consequences.

"Are we just going to lie like this the hole day? Because I'm perfectly fine with it," Kyle whispered from beside me, taking me by surprise. I was under the impression that he was still asleep.

"Sounds like a plan to me," I replied, jokingly. Kyle was silent for a while before speaking again.

"What happened last night?" he asked.

"Must we really talk about it?" I questioned, not really wanting to go over all of it but knowing I will feel betterif I tell him.

"Yip, we have to," Kyle replied, moving so that he was still holding me but lying on his side so that he could see me.

"I couldn't sleep so I decided to go for a walk. I was sitting in the lobby when Craig and Sophia came walking in through the front door. They said some disgusting stuff to each other and then he kissed her. I hid behind the couch and once they were gone I had to throw up. When I was done I came back upstairs and ran into Randy. He heard some noises and was checking to see what was going on. I told him what happened and then went to his room with him. We talked for a while and then he basically told me that he still loves me. It kind of scared me although I knew it so I jumped up, said goodbye and came back to bed," I mumbled, trying to tell the whole story as fast as I could.

"I'm so sorry Sweet Thing, that... well that really sucks," Kyle replied, trying to make me feel better.

"Yes, it definitely sucks," I said, jokingly as I pushed myself up into a sitting position.

"What are you going to do?" Kyle asked, genuinely concerned.

"Well, right now I am going to get dressed and find something to eat. My stomach is empty from all the puking last night," I answered jokingly.

"You only mentioned that you threw up once," Kyle stated, disapprovingly.

"Oh, I threw up again in Randy's room. I think it must have been the food because I felt ok after that," I answered, shrugging my shoulders.

"You should have told me you weren't feeling well," Kyle said, looking unimpressed.

"I'm fine now so can we please just go find something to eat, I'm starving," I replied, getting up from the bed.

Kyle didn't look very happy but he dropped it and got dressed. When we were done we headed down stairs. The minivan was still in the parking lot letting us know that everybody was still at the motel. I didn't feel like going up to any of their bedrooms and getting another surprise so I just decided to phone Olivia.

She and Craig were still asleep but she said that they would finish up quickly and that she would wake Sophia and get Craig to wake Randy and Oliver. I agreed with that and told her that we were going to go to the diner across the road. I didn't feel like waiting for them. I was way too hungry and I wasn't sure I would be able to look at any of them without saying something.

Kyle and I headed over to the diner and ordered ourselves some breakfast. We were almost done eating when the rest of the group arrived. Craig, Olivia, Sophia and Aiden sat down at one table and Randy, Oliver and Emma sat down at another. I was really grateful that nobody tried to join us.

I waved at them in greeting and then ignored them until Kyle and I was done eating. Kyle paid the bill and then we quickly told everybody that we were going back to the motel to pack our stuff. Our next destination was the beach and it was going to be a good few hours' drive to get there. There is a little camping site on the beach where we are going to stay in our tents. I wasn't particularly looking forward to it but the drive there should give me some time to relax and think about things.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.9K 255 33
Angela Bales is finally moving on with her life. She is finally over her ex-boyfriend, and she's even started making the right decisions, and even he...
1 1 1
This is a story of a normal seventeen-year-old girl forced into a war between good and evil. At seven they separate her from her twin brother by a st...
805 32 24
Alison is a small child who departed from this world at a young age. And in a very violent way. And she becomes one more angel in heaven. But now, sh...
746 54 23
After a long time relationship with a boy by the name of Ben, Lucy is shocked to find that he was cheating on her the whole time they were together...