To Capture a Moment

By PreciousRobinson825

♡ I noticed when he saw me at the Canteen♡ ♡ I noticed when he didn't noticed♡ ♡ But we noticed that our smal... More

I
II

III

26 1 0
By PreciousRobinson825

The day in Bindi Irwns life consists of waking up to a well balanced breakfast of blueberry pancakes, turkey bacon and vegan eggs with a glass of squeezed orange juice.

She would shower.

She would even pack a healthy lunch containing salted chickpeas, granola, turkey sandwich and a fruit bar with water for her Husband Chandler.

And would be at the office of the zoo right before the zoo opens.

Greet her family and then set off 30 minutes after having a chat with her mother and brother before going into one of the animal enclosures.

But on this particular day, almost peculiar...Bindi was met with only her mother, and not her brother Robert as she always does before her shift.

" Where's that crazy?" She asked herself.

She looked in Africa, Bindis Island, the children's area, and even the boys bathroom.

But when she thought she lost sight of her brother, there he was. Looking out from the hiding of the audience in the crocoseum staring at someone in particular that she couldn't make out.

" Robert...Robert!"

Her small soft voice startled the young Irwin as he looked at her.

" Mornin."

" I didn't see you in the office. What is wrong with you?"

He sighed and took her by her shoulders.

He pointed at the familiar girl with the big curly fro on her head, with a camera and journal in her hands, waiting on the show as more people began to pack themselves into their seats.

" It's a girl."

" I have a problem.".

Bindi giggled at her brothers flustered features.

" I don't know her name, but I met her in the gallery. She's from America and she's thinking about staying here but if I can convince her to actually stay here and not leave I have to put on the perfect show for her to stay and not think I'm just a little boy who wants attention. Help me!"

Bindi was now laughing.

" Oh, dear! You really got it bad. Just do what you've always done."

Robert opened his mouth to speak, but nothing came out.

" How long have you known her Robert?"

" Since yesterday."

" And you're stressing out about a girl that you just met? Robert-

" Don't change my mind. She's nice and she loves my work. I never seen anyone actually admire my work."

Bindi sighed.

" Be you Robert."

*

The familiar boy in khakis along with his sister and mother came out of the shadows of smoke.

The crowd cheering, some even crying that they were in the presence of a legends offsprings and wife.

" G'day everyone, thank you for joining us. So today we've got scrappy coming out. He's a beaut, very aggressive. I'm all camera'd up, but today it's all about crocodile safety."

Riley was someone who couldn't leave her memories unwritten.

Everything that was demonstrated, to the large crocodile that came out of its enclosure, Riley felt as though any moment of her life in Australia needed some documentation.

Even the eyes that Robert continously had on the woman that had her blushing in the seats whenever he threw her that award winning smile.

His muscles flexed with every movement.

His hair wet from basically falling in the murky waters.

The meat dangling from his fingers fell into the reptiles mouth, the crowd applauding at his skill.

Once the show was over, and everyone got their feel of the irwins up close, Robert was noticing the nameless woman walking out of the bleachers.

His adrenaline rushing, Bindi right behind him and pushed him slightly towards the way the young lady was going.

Riley was oblivious to it all, just making her way out of the crocoseum as everyone else. Until she was stopped by a firm grip on her wrist, allowing her to stop and turn her head as confusion etched her face.

Relief hit her as she saw the young Irwin smile at her nervously but kept a cheery aura to keep her from feeling awkward.

" Hey, Robert."

" Hey, uh...

Riley raised a brow.

" My name is Riley, we met yesterday-

" Of course I...know your name. Who can forget a pretty face?"

The very awkward and embarrassed look on Roberts face was all that Riley needed to know that he liked her.

She kept it cool as she noticed it was only them two in the crocoseum.

" You hosts a very good show, good job Robert."

" I've been doing it for so long, it just comes to me."

" Yeah, so uh- how is the family? They seem very nice."

" Oh, they're a joy! My niece she's made three, and so far everyone is...ok."

Riley couldn't help how nervous he was. It was cute, very cute and she couldn't help but laugh, but that only made him frown.

" Robert do you want to take me on a date-

" Yes!- I-I mean uh.... yeah. May I take you out?"

Riley took a few moments, playing around and looking up in the sky as though she was looking for an answer.

" I just got here. I'm not that kind of girl."

Robert could sense her playful aura and smile widely.

" You're a tease." His strong accent rumbled off his tongue.

" I like having a little fun, but I'm free, I'm single why the hell not?"

" Are you ok with me being...20?"

" You're an adult aren't you?"

He bit his lip, liking every bit of her humor and what she was telling him.

She pulled out her pin from her journal and wrote inside of it, writing her name and number on it. She tore the piece of paper off and handed it to him.

" Call me before 10 tonight."

" I can pick you up Friday. Im...off."

" I though you were working seven days a week? For a famous zoologist that would be your normal hours. "

" I have my ways."

She turned slowly, still looking behind her as she looked at the handsome guy.

" 8pm. Friday?"

" Friday, 8pm."

*

" Shit!"

The all purpose jeans that Riley had for three years straight has come to their final days as she felt her sides, hips and butt being squeezed to accommodate them.

These were the pants that she wore on her first date, on her 23rd birthday, and now...she had to find something else for her date with Robert on Friday.

She looked at the clock and it was almost 10.

She bit her lip, not receiving any calls or text messages regarding the blonde haired man all day.

She shrugged taking her shower and putting on a tank top with a pair of boots shorts.

She tied up her freshly pressed hair and put on a face mask before settling an alarm for 8 am tomorrow.

Her routine was important to her.

She was always busy, and although she was just visiting and taking a break from home, she would never know if she had business to handle.

Just as she was thirty minutes into her beautiful rest, the blaring of her cell phone, caused her to jolt upward in her sleep.

Sweat trickled down her sideburns. A discontinued nightmare she was awoken from, her mind now on the unknown number she pressed call for.

" This is Riley speaking."

" Riley, hi."

" Oh, hey Robert."

" Did I wake you?"

His whispering was an indicator that he didn't want to be heard.

" No, you're fine. How was work."

" It was hectic. I had to stay over hours to get inventory done. That's why it took me so long to call you. How was your day at the zoo, did you enjoy yourself?"

" Oh, man! I thought it'll be just like any other zoo in America but...I've learned so much! I loved everything about it, especially the gallery and the crocoseum."

The line went silent for a few seconds.

" You are very...interesting."

" Hm, really?"

" Yeah, you stand out. You have big...hair."

Riley chuckled.

" I would assume that's a good thing?"

" Yes! It's very good. I wanted to put my hands through it but women don't seem to like that unless it's on an intimate level."

" All you have to do is ask Robert."

Her hushed, soft, feminine voice had him stirring around in his sheets. This woman had his mind going rogue just at the sound of her voice.

" Ask? Well, can I ask when's your birthday?"

" My birthday just passed actually, October 19th. I have no favorite color and I'm introverted. I stay to myself alot."

" You're really confident I'll give you that."

" I don't know about all that. I just know what I want-

" And that takes courage, and courage takes confidence."

Riley smiled, biting her lip.

" My family never thought of me leaving the house but...I'm 24 and want to start a new life somewhere."

" You're parents have to be very proud of you."

" I can't say that for my younger sister. She hated when I decided on this trip."

" You have siblings?"

"I'm the second oldest of 4. I have an older brother, and two young sisters. My dad is an architect and my mother is a travel nurse."

" Crikey, that wild. You have a very big family. What made you want to come to Australia?"

" You are very in toon with my life, I haven't heard anything about you."

" I would assume you would know most of it. My dad died when I was 2 so the only real memories I have with him is through pictures. His best friend, Wes, has been very supportive and taught me alot regarding the zoo."

" I'm sorry about your father, he seemed very nice."

" He was...I know he was."

The somber, hushed voices.

The rain hitting the window.

The soft giggles and reminisce of the zoo as the two talked, gave both a fuzzy feeling and at the same time they both enjoyed each other's company.

With both being very busy people, and having families and home life to tend to, they never had really anytime for themselves.

With Robert being the youngest he had alot of other things he wanted to do besides the zoo and venture out more to pursue his other dream in photography .

As for Riley, she was all over the place with what she wanted for herself. But she was still very busy with trying to keep herself busy and not losing focus on finances and family.

With a big outstretched yawn and the clock saying 3am, the two knew what the time was for them.

They reminded each other of their pending date and wished each other a good night.

*

Riley awakened at the same time as always, but found a leak in her sink.

The maintenance for the building was called and he talked up a storm as he worked.

Australian folk was very friendly.

He talked about his wife and kids, and how long he's been a maintenance man.

He was very sweet,middle aged, and was very fast with his work.

Riley gave him a tip and told him have a good day as the man walked out with a bit smile.

She made a ham and cheese omelet, with avocado toast and apple juice.

Rileys phone was giving off alot of notifications, making her phone vibrate nonstop.

Chewing and confused, Riley looked on her Instagram, Facebook even Twitter and noticed her big curly fro conversating with a very engaged Robert and his big smile.

In the crocoseum.

Giving him her digits.

She almost spit out her food, her eyes wide with disbelief and her hand shaking as her phone was almost slipping from it.

Is Robert Irwin off the Market?
A spectacular believes so, when she snapped this photo of the Australian heartthrob getting the mysterious woman's phone number.

Comments flooded the feed....

-Black women, up 1000!
- She's very pretty!
-I see he loves his chocolate!
-She doesn't look the type, sorry.
- She's fine asl.

More negative then positive, but Riley wasn't too worried about the comments.

It was to the point where now her siblings and people she didn't even talk to anymore, was now calling up her phone to get some answers.

She only texted her mother, saying that her and the Australian man was just friends and she ignored everyone else, putting her phone on do not disturb and muting her notifications.

She didn't know how she was going to maneuver around the city without anyone spotting who she was.

Paparazzi was very big on faces. They would stop at nothing to make sure they knew who the beautiful specimen was that was catching the eye of the young zoologist.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

282K 9.1K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...
984K 37.1K 88
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...
Fake Love By :)

Fanfiction

129K 3K 45
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
307K 28.7K 66
Third book of idol love series... Devotion- "Strongest form of love" All the characters are fictional. There is no connection with the real place or...