Hockey Towns Favorite Girl

Por flyergirl0519

Hazel was what they called the best. An image for woman's hockey, the girl that was going to be good. Till sh... Más

A/N
1| Take it From the Top
2| Let's Get You Some Help
3| No One Knows you
4| The New Girl
5| Routine
6| Welcome to Rice Creek City
7| Making A Friend
8| Help Wanted
10| Lunch Table Talks
11| A Reminder of Who We Are
12| When You Don't Smile
13 | Team Work
14 |Game Time
15| The Arcade
16| Rules to Win a Fight
17| Who I Am
19| Game Time?
20|Open Skate
21| At My House
22| What have I done
23| Best of the Best
24| Drink orders
25| Count down
26| Game 1
26| Who Are You?
27| Who Are You? cont.
28| Hi I'm Conner
29| You Didn't Know?
30| Together
31| Ladies and Gentleman, Hazel Underwood
32 | Life
33| In a Boys Mind
34| She.
35| I know Something No One Else Does
36| No One Likes a Tattle Tale
37| Body in Hell
38| Ive Been Cheated
39| Cant or Wont?
40| Numb.
41| Go Ahead and Crush My Dreams, Its Fine
42| I am So Sorry
43| Go Get'm Tiger
44| Deal With It
45| The Big Bang
46| The First Game Back
47| The Night to Remember
48| Where we ended up

9| Game Plan

13.4K 291 18
Por flyergirl0519

P.O.V Hazel

Flash back

"There are 3 stages in which you should see the ice in front of you." Coach Ryan explained.

I was standing next to him on the ice, only me, coach, and Conner in goal were present.

"First, you should see yourself. Be aware of where you are in relation to the puck."

By saying that Ryan dropped a puck on the ice. I looked down at it for a moment before looking back at him.

"Then, you should see your teammates. Who is where? Where is your d partner? Who is open and who is not."

I looked around the empty ice, imaging that my line was spread out in the middle of the play.

"Then you should look for the other team."

He paused.

"Who is waiting for a pass, who is cherry picking. Why is that spot open and where is that player at."

I looked back at Ryan trying to make sense of what he was telling me. Why did I need to know this?

"The game can be overwhelming, but when you break it into pieces you can prioritize what is important. And first priority should be, where is the puck."

Ryan kicked me the puck and I took it in my stick.

"Now you have the puck, priority one is done. Now, look up. Is there anyone to pass to?"

I shook my head because the ice was empty.

"Prioty two is gone. Now priority three, where is the other team?"

"Not in my way." I replied.

"So, as defense the only thing for you to do..." he trailed off waiting for my response.

"Is to take the puck up and get it into the zone." I said

Ryan nodded his head.

"So do that."

And with those words I took the puck. Stick handling. Dekeing around fake players before coming close to Conner.

I could see a smirk on his face through his goalie mask. And I smirked back.

End of Flash back

I looked at the school through the car window.

It was big, like really big. Zach had explained that it was large but id kind of just brushed it off, till now.

"Have a good day!" My mom said with a smile as I opened the car door.

"Thanks. Love you." I mumbled as I stepped out of the car.

It was a chilly walk into the building, people walking past me also in a rush to get inside away from the cold.

A group of girls in front of me made it to the doors first. One slamming the handy cap button so the door would stay open for her group.

I followed close behind her group so I didn't have to pull open the door. The second I entered the building the bright florescent lights hit my eyes. The warm air turning my red cheeks back to their normal color.

Zach had explained to me where the front office was, making it very easy to find.

Which was helpful because the last thing I wanted to do was look lost... or get lost.

I was met with a warm smile as I entered the office. The secretary saying hello the moment I opened the door.

"Hi." I responded with a light tone. "My name is Hazel Underwood, I'm a new student." I explained.

The secretary just nodded her head. Grabbing a paper off her desk and handing it to me.

"On the front is your schedule, locker number, and combo. On the back is a list of sports and clubs the school has if you wish to join. Because you're a new student you won't have any tardies today and please don't hesitate to ask for help."

I looked at the paper and thanked her before leaving the office. On the back of the paper the first words that caught my eye was the Rice Creek high-school varsity hockey team.

I sighed to myself before flipping the paper back over to read my locker number.

134.

First floor, ok I can do this I'm already on the first floor.

No shit Sherlock.

I weaved my way through the hall before finding my locker.

It was next to some blonde chick who had her face glued to her phone standing in front of her open locker. I ignored her and quickly plugged in my locker combo my hand moving the code right, left, then right again till it opened.

I stared at my new empty locker before hanging up my back pack and pulling my binders out placing them at the bottom.

Suddenly I felt a presence next to me, beside the blonde girl, so I looked to my left to see a taller guy with light blonde beach boy hair. He held such a strong frat boy flirtatious smirk I knew it was either a baseball player, a football player, or....

A hockey player.

"Hi I'm Mick." He said while, leaning against the locker next to mine. He kind of looked familiar, im sure id seen him at the rink.

Part of me wanted to say, and I don't care. But at the moment I was the new girl with no friends.

"Hazel." Was all I replied with a slight smile before reaching in my back pack to set up my locker more.

"See I just saw you from my locker over there and thought, damn that girl is pretty... she must be new."

This, I felt was a valid reason to be normal Hazel. You want to flirt with Hazel the first few seconds of meeting her then you are going to get the real Hazel.

Im not a toy or anyones personal fuck bag so no one is going to treat me like one.

"Really thats what you thought? Or were you thinking of a semi decent pick up line? In that case keep thinkin buddy." I replied still messing around with my locker arrangement. The comments flew out of my mouth with no hesitation, like hockey banter on the ice.

But out of the corner of my eye I could see his eye brows raise. He wasn't used to new girls shutting him down right away.

But he stayed persistent. He cleared his throat before continuing.

"Any ways, since you are new and this is a big school I thought... maybe I could walk you to class."

"I don't know, I think you might be to slow to keep up with me." I replied picking up my binders that I needed for my first hour class and my schedule.

"I'm a hockey player, slow isn't in my vocabulary." He raised one eye brow looking down at me.

"And yet you just used it in a sentence." I turned from my locker with a sour smile and started walking towards what I hoped was class 201 (AP English)

Mick, kept walking with me. God I'd give this kid credit he was persistent. But I was also capable of being a bitch.

"I don't know Hazel, there are a lot of bad people out there. As a hockey player I can win a fight you know."

I stopped in my tracks and turned towards him, which caught him off guard. So would my punch, if it wasn't my first day.

Instead I took a deep breath and looked at him with all seriousness.

"Look, I ain't no fucking puck bunny. So move your shit to another girl and skate your ass away because obviously I'm not buying this tough guy shit you're putting down at my feet. K?"

I turned from him and kept walking. I didn't need to be talked down or flirted with like I was some puck bunny.

From the age of 7 some dads on travel would call me that. Then it was boys on the other teams. Guys loved to throw it around when they felt insecure, never when the title actually fit the girl. I poured my heart and soul into every moment of my hockey career. So why should I let someone like him walk all over me.

Eventually I made it to my class without the hockey kid. What was his name? Mike? Mick? Didnt matter.

I felt relief when I entered the class and a kid with dirty blonde hair and blue eyes with the name of Zach was sitting in the front row.

The second he made eye contact he smiled at me.

"Well, well, well. Good morning Hazel." He said crossing his arms and leaning back in his chair.

I sat next to him a smile on my face.

"Morning Knight."

Words: 1441

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

18.2K 244 33
Nicole Thompson, a fifteen year old girl that loved her life in the city. She loved hockey since she could even understand what hockey meant and was...
85.1K 1.4K 77
This is your standard girl-leaves-home-state-to-go-to-college-and-meets-the-boy-of-her-dreams-story. Except that it's not. It's more girl-leaves-home...
85.6K 1.1K 50
Brynnley Adams, a senior at Mount Grey University who can not wait to finish her senior year of college to start her career in marketing. Brynnley is...