The Moonlight of My Life [HP...

By Hime_chan10

Book cover made by @-goddesstier Luna Lovegood was seventeen when she got captured by Death Eaters, who took... More

The Main Cast
Ch. 1 The Preface
Ch. 2 We have a maiden in danger
Ch. 3 I am a Witch!
Ch. 4 You will be our ticket to survive the Mirkwood Forest
Ch. 5 They must be near
Ch. 6 Rivendell
Ch. 7 Please, take good care of me
Ch. 8 The beautiful and graceful messenger
Ch. 9 Bring her home
Ch. 11 You are my beautiful Moon
Ch. 12 He's a dear friend of mine
Ch. 13 Where is that woman?
Ch. 14 Sticky Toffee Pudding
Ch. 15 Take us to Rivendell

Ch. 10 Dinner at Rivendell

8.8K 420 25
By Hime_chan10

Bilbo stood in his bedroom, looking at his surroundings in awe. The room looked massive compared to his home in Hobbiton. Then again, everything is always huge for the shorter male.

" This bedroom is beautiful and enchanting. And the architecture and paintings differ from that of Hobbiton." Bilbo murmured. His hands twitched, eager to take something from the bedroom and sell it to a merchant to get money.

' Merchants would drool if I sold them something of Elven caliber. I could stop thieving and become rich!' Bilbo internally shouts. ' Maybe selling all of these items could also help me start finding suitable publishers for my book!' He brightly smiled.

A knock on the door grabbed Bilbo's attention. " Come in!" He shouts and turns around to see the door open, revealing Luna.

" Bilbo! Dinner is ready. Let's go. Lord Elrond will be escorting us to the dining room." Luna warmly smiled.

Bilbo internally bit his cheek. ' Then again, I do not want to risk getting killed by Lord Elrond if he learned that his belongings got stolen. And I also do not want to break my Dear Luna's trust.' He internally speaks.

" Oh! That is wonderful. I am curious to try Elven cuisine." Bilbo approaches Luna, and he steps out of his bedroom, closing the door behind him.

" Is Elven cuisine different from Hobbits?" Luna asked while looking at Bilbo and Lord Elrond.

" Very different," Bilbo responded while Lord Elrond nodded in agreement.

" I am curious to try Elven cuisine." Luna smiled, causing Lord Elrond to look at her with a raised eyebrow.

" Your Kingdom does not serve Elven cuisine?" Lord Elrond asked.

" No? But maybe the dishes are similar, but my Kingdom calls them different. So, let's see and find out." Luna giggled.

Lord Elrond nodded. " The others must be waiting for us at the dining table." He begins to walk with Luna and Bilbo to the dining room.

" Tell me, those Drwaves that accompany you. Have they been treating you well?" Lord Elrond asked.

" They were wary of my father and me at first, and when I asked why. One of them, Thorin, told me that his Kind and Elves from his homeland have a terrible history. My father assured them that the Elves of Hogwarts would treat Thorin and his people equally. So when the war started, Thorin and Gandalf the Grey safely escorted me out of there. Thorin assured me that the Elves of his homeland would protect me, so he and his people promised to escort me to Mirkwood." Luna explained.

" And it's been months since we traveled, so I got to know them very well." Luna softly smiled.

" I see." Lord Elrond nodded. " Rest assured. You will be safe here at Rivendell. I sent word to Mirkwood of your presence. I will soon get a response from them, and they will send escorts to you to ensure your safe travel to Mirkwood." He looks at Luna.

" How wonderful! I hope whoever rules Mirkwood will be okay giving me sanctuary." Luna lightly plays with her fingers, looking nervous.

" I know he will." Lord Elrond reassured. " For the time being, consider Rivendell a temporary home for you and your servant." He glanced at Bilbo.

" Very kind of you!" Luna warmly smiled.

Bilbo faked a smile, but internally he was anxious. He knew Thorin would not agree to stay at Rivendell because he and his companions needed to go to The Lonely Mountain to confront and defeat the Smaug to regain their Kingdom.

Lord Elrond, Luna, and Bilbo arrived at the dining room with the servant. They looked forward and saw Gandalf the Grey, Thorin, and the rest of the Dwarves sitting at the dining table.

" Is this necessary?" Thorin murmured while eyeing the feast before him.

" Your Majesty. Lord Elrond is being nice to us." Balin softly speaks to Thorin.

" The Elf is only being nice to us because of Luna." Oin retorted.

Dwalin elbowed Oin, causing the other Dwarf to glare at him.

" I see it as free food for us." Bombur smiled while rubbing his stomach.

" Bombur. Remember that this is Elven cuisine, not Dwarf cuisine." Bifur reminded his friend.

" Is a friend for everything, though." Bofur rubbed his chin.

" What if they are trying to poison us?" Gloin asked.

" Don't be overdramatic. Lady Luna wouldn't dare have them poison us." Dori reassured.

Kili and Fili eyed the food, getting hungry, but kept their cool for their Uncle's sake. If Thorin didn't want to eat the food the Elves made, they wouldn't eat it.

Nori and Ori eyed all the Elven servants, trying to find a way to kill them all if they tried to do something to their King and friends.

Gandalf the Grey spotted Lord Elrond, Luna, and Bilbo. " The feast looks lovely, Lord Elrond." He spoke, grabbing all the Dwarves' attention.

" Thank you, Gandalf. You and Her Highness." Lord Elrond smiles at Luna. " Came very far, and I figured that you are starving." He spoke.

" What are we, chop liver?" Oin murmured, believing Lord Elrond was ignoring Bilbo and the Dwarves for being lesser than the Elves and Warlocks.

" Yes. My friends and I are starving." Luna looks at Oin, hearing him from a distance. " Thank you for hosting us." She looks away to stare at Lord Elrond.

Lord Elrond nodded. He walks with Luna to the dining table and sits her to his right. He softly smiled when he heard the female Elf say thank you softly.

Lord Elrond watched Bilbo sit between Luna and Thorin. He looked away and sat at the head of the table.

" Your Highness. I will explain to you, every dish if you like?" Lord Elrond asked.

" That would be good." Luna nodded.

The Elven servants stepped away from their post and began to serve everyone dinner.

Luna kindly smiled and thanked the servant that served her food. She looked at the meal before her and stared at it curiously. She noticed that some looked familiar while others looked different.

" Some of these looked familiar to me," Luna commented.

" Oh? What are they called in your Kingdom?" Lord Elrond asked, looking curious.

" For example, this dish in my Kingdom is called Toad in the Hole." Luna points to the dish.

" What kind of name is that?" Gloin mocked while eyeing the dish with disdain.

Lord Elrond raised an eyebrow at Gloin, causing Thorin and Dori to glare at their friend.

" You have been at her Kingdom before coming here. So, you must have eaten this dish." Lord Elrond commented. " So, why are you looking at the dish as though you have never seen it?" He asked.

" Gloin has eaten it," Luna responded, causing Gloin to open his mouth to retort, but Dori elbowed him, causing the Dwarf to glare at the elder. " It's been so long. He must have forgotten it." She grabbed a fork and took a bite.

" Ooo! It even tastes the same!" Luna closed her sparkly silver-grey eyes and smiled.

Luna's comment caused Thorin to grab a fork and bite the food. All the Dwarves stared at their King when they saw him take a bite of the Toad in the Hole.

" Hm. It's delicious." Thorin mumbled, causing all the Dwarves to look at each other, and nodded. Everyone, including the younger ones, Fili and Kili, began to stuff themselves with food as though they hadn't eaten in years.

Bilbo, Lord Elrond, and all the Elven servants looked at the Dwarves except Thorin with slight disgust since their eating reminded them of pigs.

Luna stared at Thorin's companions, a kind yet horrifying aura emitting off of her.

" Gentlemen," Luna spoke, causing everyone, including Thorin, Bilbo, Gandalf the Grey, and Lord Elrond, to stare at her.

" Where are your manners? Do you not see that we are at someone's home?" Luna looked at all the Dwarves except for Thorin with a stern gaze. " All of you are acting like starved animals." She scolded.

All the Dwarves, even Thorin, Gloin, and Oin, got stiff when they saw Luna smiling at them sweetly but with a dark ambiance backing her up.

Lord Elrond and Gandalf the Grey snickered. Meanwhile, Bilbo sighed in relief, glad Luna's anger wasn't directed at him since seeing her with that expression frightened him.

" Sorry." All the Dwarves except for Thorin apologized.

" Do not apologize to me." Luna shakes her head. " Apologize to our Host." She motioned to Lord Elrond.

All the Dwarves except for Thorin turned their gaze to Lord Elrond. " We are sorry for acting like animals." They apologize.

Lord Elrond nodded.

" Good! Now eat at a normal pace because I do not want all of you to choke." Luna warmly smiled.

All the Dwarves, including Thorin, nodded. They grabbed their forks and started to eat their food at an average pace.

Luna beamed, happy that everyone listened to what she said. She turned her gaze and saw Lord Elrond staring at her.

' Acted like a true Crown Princess.' Lord Elrond internally speaks. He softly smiled when he saw Luna look at him. The two Elves nodded and continued to eat their food.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.9K 1.7K 52
Talia Rue Ashenstone had known Thorin Oakenshield all of her life. From running around the halls of Erebor in their youth to running into battle, the...
76.6K 1.7K 20
Artemis that's my name. A Long long time ago a young elf prince gave it to me. He was the crowned elf prince of Mirkwood. His name Legolas he was a v...
75.6K 1.9K 32
The quality is bad lol, but it was very important to young me, so no hate, pls. Nymeria just wanted a quiet life in the woods, alone. But somehow fa...
364K 12.4K 36
Voldemort has taken over Wizarding Britain, and muggleborn Bella Swan has fled England to live with her father in America. Unable to use magic and in...