Recovery

By Laughingwolf78

Twenty-two year old hero Izuku Midoriya has been severely hurt by a villain attack. It's left him battered an... More

1. Mood
2. No
4. Hand Out
5. Memories
6. Admissions
7. Tension
8. Signs of Strength
9. Rough Day
10. Frustrating
11. Day Out
12. Morning Talk
13. Signs of Hope
14. First Step is the Hardest
15. The Final Push
16. Spoken Truth
17. Motivation
18. Date Night.
19. Progress
20. Qualified?
21. Visit
22. More Progress
23. Savior
24. Side By Side
25. Worried
26.The Wait
27. Set Back
28. Show Me
29. Testing the Limits
30. Always a Hero
31. What Moves Me
32. Welcome Home Wonder Duo

3. Pity

3.7K 199 120
By Laughingwolf78

Izuku is having a hard time believing what his eyes are seeing right now, and what he's seeing is deep piercing crimson eyes burning a hole through him as Katsuki glares down at him.

He hasn't seen the blonde face to face in about a year and at this moment he wants to both hug him and curse him telling him to leave.

Izuku never wanted anyone to see him as a burden, never wanted his friends or family to see him as weak and the one person in this world whom he most didn't want seeing him in this broken down state was Katsuki Bakugo.

What the blonde standing before him thought had always mattered, it mattered even when Izuku hadn't wanted it to, and after they repaired a broken childhood friendship and became somewhat friends again it mattered even more.

The greenett always looked up to this blonde bomb, always chasing him to be like him in ways he never thought he could, and finally he had caught up, proved he could in fact be just a amazing as Kacchan was but right now he's weaken and not as his best, this was worse than when he was quirkless, way worse.

He swallows hard tearing his eyes away from crimson ones that always pulled him in.

" W-what are you doing here?"

Katsuki stands there with a stren expression, hands in his pockets, jawline sharp, but on the inside he's having a hard time keeping his shit together at the sight of the greenett who doesn't want to meet his gaze.

Those deep green eyes that were always so full of beaming happiness, especially when Katsuki entered the room now look dull and lifeless.

His green wavy curls are unwashed and hanging in his eyes, there's no shine or softness to them, the things that always make Katsuki want to reach out and touch them.

He's lost weight and muscle mass, that much is clear to the blonde even if he can't fully see him under the blanket on his lap.

There's dark circles under his eyes and paler than normal skin, he's drawn looking and definitely not sleeping properly.

He fights the urge to want to cry or to throw something in the room at the sight and the condition Izuku is in.

Large palms begin to heat up still tucked into his pockets because whoever the fuck was in charge of taking care of this nerd wasn't doing their goddamn job.

The blonde pushes past the feelings swirling inside his chest clearing his throat and answering the question.

" You in charge of where I can and can't be huh? I'm here because I got a call that some shitty nerd back home isn't doing what he's supposed to be doing, not going to physical therapy and Dr appointments, so guess what that means?"

Izuku raises his sights with slightly widening eyes seeing the blonde smirk.

" Say hello to your brand fucking new physical therapist."

Those green eyes are wider now.

" What?! B-but.. but you can't..."

Katsuki cuts him off.

" Can't what? Can't run you through a workout ? Can't make you do a list of exercises and stretches? Sounds a lot like UA training when we did this shit almost daily oh and by the way, I already got the list of shit you need to do from the Dr."

Izuku blinks up at the blonde in surprise.

" What?! And .. who.. who called you?!"

Aizawa steps forward looking at the greenett.

" I did."

Green eyes narrow.

" Why?! Why would you do that?! Kacchan is the number one Hero now. He..he doesn't have time for this!"

Katsuki scoffs with his arms acrossed.

" I will make time for whatever the fuck I want to! You don't get to decide that for me Deku."

The greenett shakes his head in disbelief.

" It still doesn't explain why he called you in the first place!"

Aizawa sighs.

" I called him because I know out of everyone you'll hear what he has to say even if you don't like what's being said."

Izuku turns his head with stubborn annoyance.

" That.. that doesn't mean I'll do what he says. Those exercises are worthless and don't help."

A black and white Adidas sneaker is suddenly slammed onto the side of the greenett's wheelchair.

Izuku looks up with wide surprised eyes seeing Katsuki lean all the way down into his space, his foot still propt up on the arm of the chair.

" Oh but you will do what I say you stubborn little shit and we both know it." , the blonde says low.

He's close, so close Izuku can feel the warmth of his breath, it makes him go completely still as he locks onto crimson eyes who refuse to look away.

There's a shiver of warmth across his skin, one that he curses himself for under his breath and one that this blonde hero could always manage to pull from him no matter what the situation was.

He shifts his gaze finally, only mumbling something that's not audible.

But another voice from behind Katsuki is audible.

" Maybe this isn't such a good idea. Midoriya, would it be better if you came home with me? I could get you around the clock medical help, you could stay in one of the guest rooms at my father's house."

The blonde is spun around before another word can be spoken.

" Fuck off Icyhot. No one needs you or daddy's money. You think I'm not capable of taking care of that nerd huh? Trust me Half and Half, I got this."

They hold and intense lock of eyes before Kirishima speaks up.

" Yeah, I'm.. I'm sure you got this bro. Todo, I definitely think Mido is in the right hands, just let us know if you need anything.", he says with an ever supportive grin.

The hero only clicks his tongue.

" I won't need anything.", Katsuki says with annoyance growing.

Aizawa steps in before this turns into a full argument.

" I'm sure you won't. Now, it's time we take our leave and let Bakugo get Midoriya home and settled. Problem children, I'll check in in a day or so."

After Aizawa shuffles the four concerned heros out the door, crimson eyes shift to the greenett who still isn't looking at him.

Katsuki sighs sitting on the greenett's bed for a minute. It's the first time they've been alone in a year, the air between them feels empty, something that's making the blonde tense.

" So what's your deal huh? Why aren't you doing the shit your supposed to be doing?"

He watches Izuku shrug eyes downcast.

" I don't know. It hasn't helped. Nothing they have done or had me do has helped, so ... so why keep doing it? It all seems so pointless."

Katsuki studies him closely with a heart that hurts even tho he won't show it.

He knows the real word the greenett wanted to use was hopeless, it all seems so hopeless.

" So you're a Dr now? You know how long all this shit takes? You know that it's all pointless? Just because this shit hasn't worked yet doesn't mean it won't. Deku you haven't given it enough time. Your goddamn spine is still healing. You can't make this kind of call yet, no one fucking can."

He sees green eyes get teary.

" I can tho! I .. I can feel it in my core! This is not going to get better for me!", Izuku yells finally meeting the blondes gaze with pain filled angry eyes.

Katsuki narrows his sights, standing up harshly.

" You don't know shit! And I don't wanna hear you talk like this again. What the fuck would All Might say huh!? What would he say if he had lived to see you just give the fuck up like this?!"

Emerald eyes shoot up to the blonde towering over him in anger.

Izuku breaks further with tears heavy down his face.

" Don't!!! Don't you dare say his name Kacchan! I .. I've let him down and ... and he should have given his quirks to you in the first place!", he yells his voice laced and cracked with pain.

Katsuki's seething at the words.

He leans completely down inches form the greenett.

" But he didn't choose me Deku! He chose you! He chose you cause he knew you were a hero at heart and what you would be able to do with what he gave you! Goddammit Deku, you took his gift and turned it into something amazing, made it your own! Fuck if I'm gonna let all your hard work and his go to waste! Don't you dare fucking let everything you both went through including me when I found out, go to waste! I won't let you! "

They lock eyes, both panting with emotion.

There's still heavy tears in green eyes so much so that he doesn't even notice the glassy ones in the crimson eyes glaring at him.

Katsuki finally stands up straight running a frustrated hand through his hair.

There's a few beats of silence before he speaks again...

" I'm just saying. This fucking accident doesn't make you any less of a hero. You're shit is laying dormant, but it's not dead, you aren't dead. Now pack your shit and get ready, I'll be out in the hall."

He heads for the door hearing a worried voice behind him.

" By...by myself?! You.. you aren't going to help?"

Katsuki doesn't turn around only clenches his jaw tightly.

" You're arms aren't broken for once Deku. You don't need help with that. Like I said, pack your shit and let's go."

With that he's out the door before another word can be said.

His chest is heaving as crimson eyes dart around the area. He wants to throw something, burn something, set his quirk off and blast the fuck out of something.

His heart hurts, at what Izuku said and how he looks, it aches because of what he had to say to him in return, it screams because he wanted to pack his bags for him but refuses to let Izuku think he's completely helpless, because he isn't.

He puts his head back, leaning against the wall closing his eyes while he trys to get a grip on his emotions.

After a sort wait he hears the door slowly creep open.

He shifts crimson sights down seeing sheepish worn out green eyes.

The blonde hero moves and pushes the door open fully seeing Izuku sitting there with his bag packed and in his lap.

Katsuki let's a smirk fall upon sharp features.

" Knew you could do it nerd. Let's get the fuck outta here."

As he moves down the hallway on his own Izuku scrunches his face calling after him.

" You.. you aren't even going to push me?"

The blonde turns around standing in the middle of the hallway with his hands in his pockets.

" Nope, like I said, you're arms aren't broken, and you need to rebuild your strength in them since you haven't been working out, so let's go nerd."

Izuku sighs with irritation but begins to push his chair wheels trying to keep up with Katsuki's long strides which he swears he's making longer on purpose.

Once they get outside the blonde turns around again seeing a panting greenett.

" Damn Deku, look how out of shape you are.", he says continuing to walk to his car.

Izuku puffs his cheeks.

" What?! What the heck Kacchan! I've been a little laid up, of course I'm out of shape!"

The blonde smirks.

" Maybe you wouldn't be if your ass had been doing physical therapy and the exercises they gave you."

Green eyes narrow as he pants and huffs still trying to keep up.

" Is.. is all your going to do is hassle me while you're here?!"

Katsuki stops in front of his car opening the passenger side door.

He looks down at the panting greenett.

" That all depends on you."

Izuku eyes him, then looks away mumbling something.

" What was that nerd?"

Izuku meets his eye.

" Ugh nothing, let's just go"

Before the green eyed hero knows what happened Katsuki bent down and lifted him swiftly from his chair making those pretty eyes go wide.

" K-Kacchan! W-hat are you doing?!"

Katsuki chuckles rolling his eyes.

" How else you gonna get in the goddamn car Deku? I'll make you do shit I know your strong enough for, but when I know it's something you aren't, I got you"

Izuku blushes without warning feeling his heart ache.

" Oh.. um.. o-ok... thank you"

Katsuki nods, frightened by how light Izuku feels right now. Even back in UA as teens when they practiced bridal style carries Deku was heavier then he feels right now.

He clears his throat setting the hero in his car.

" Yeah, no problem nerd."

After the greenett is buckled in and Katsuki is driving down the road Izuku breaks the silence in the car.

" So.. so why did you really come home Kacchan?"

Katsuki shifts his gaze to the greenett next to him.

" What?"

Izuku shrugs not looking at him only playing with his own fingers.

" Pity? Was it pity that brought you back after what Mr Aizawa told you.?"

Crimson eyes shift back and forth between the road and this green-eyed clueless hero.

" Pity had nothing to do with it Deku, absolutely fucking nothing."

A/N

I'm loving writing this book.

I send love.

Our tale continues.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

507K 19.4K 38
Bakugou gets into some trouble with the law and is forced to do some community service at the local hospital. He hates the place and all he wants to...
142K 4K 17
[ COMPLETED ] Twenty eight year old Katsuki Bakugo was on his way home when he met a familiar face in a dark alley. This is the beginning of a tale o...
D.E.K.U. By Kelly

Fanfiction

657K 30.1K 48
Izuku Midoriya is a small and vulnerable quirkless boy, someone that needs to be protected from bullies and all the other dangers of the world. At le...
309K 6.5K 16
What is Izuku faked his death? What if Katsuki Watched him but deku told him to hush?What if Bakugo and izuku got along?What if bakugo didn't bully d...