๐™ท๐šŽ๐šŠ๐š›๐š, ๐™ผ๐š’๐š—๐š ๐™ฐ๐š—๐š ๏ฟฝ...

By Madame_Diamond

||Ninjago x Reader|| We miss what we've lost, then forget what we have... You have lost your memories, they a... More

Chapter 1: Aches Of Amnesia
Chapter 2: Wandering Days
Chapter 3: Home
Chapter 4: Junkyard Brawl
Chapter 5: Never Trust So Easily
Chapter 6: Just A Can Of Peanuts
Chapter 7: Make An Enemy Into Your Friend
Chapter 8: King Of Snakes
Chapter 9: Mechanical Heart
Chapter 10: Spark
Chapter 11: Harmonize
Chapter 12: The Royal Blacksmiths
Chapter 13: New Roommate
Chapter 14: Light The Flame
Chapter 15: All Or Nothing
Chapter 16: Rise Of The Devourer
Chapter 17: Giant Snake Problem
Chapter 18: The Fall Of The Great Devourer
Chapter 19: Starting From The Bottom
Chapter 20: What You Have Is What You Need
Chapter 21: Dareth
Chapter 22: Yar, There Be Pirates
Chapter 23: Pirates Vs Ninja
Chapter 24: The Cake Is A Lie
Chapter 25: Double Trouble
Chapter 26: Ninjaball Run
Chapter 27: Child's Play
Chapter 28: Wrong Place
Chapter 29: Wrong Time
Chapter 30: Unresolved Wounds
Chapter 31: Stone Army Uprising
Chapter 32: Voyage To Sea
Chapter 33: Lighthouse In The Storm
Chapter 34: Preparation
Chapter 35: Lights That Shine In A Dark Place
Chapter 36: Countdown
Chapter 37: Loss Of Color
Chapter 38: Dawn Of A New Era
Chapter 39: Resurgence
Chapter 40: The Silent Fist
Chapter 41: Off The Grid
Chapter 42: Broken Bonds
Chapter 43: Golden Curse
Chapter 44: Digitalize
Chapter 45: Time Spent Together
Chapter 46: Among The Stars
Chapter 47: Titanium Heart
Chapter 48: Clockwork Heart
Chapter 49: Lost And Found
Chapter 50: Outsiders
Chapter 51: Meeting Of Old Friends
Chapter 52: Skepticism
Chapter 53: This Is How We Play The Game
Chapter 54: Raising The Stakes
Chapter 55: Black And Blue
Chapter 56: The Roundabout
Chapter 57: Nothing To See
Chapter 58: Everything Is Not What It Seems
Chapter 59: Regrets And Apologies
Chapter 60: The Unknown Element
Chapter 61: Where Your Loyalties Lie
Chapter 62: Only One Remained
Chapter 63: Stuck In The Present
Chapter 64: Serendipity At Its Finest
Chapter 65: It's A Start In The Right Direction
Chapter 66: Money Under The Table
Chapter 67: Twist And Turn Of Events
Chapter 68: Winds of Change
Chapter 69: Where Various Paths Collide
Chapter 71: Weep Not For Roads Untravelled
Chapter 72: Stiix and Stones May Break My Bones

Chapter 70: Follow The Wind

3.7K 192 107
By Madame_Diamond

Song Quote: Buy The Stars
"You bought a star in the sky tonight And in your man-made dark, the light inside you died
Oh, we don't own our heavens now, we only own our hell
And if you don't know that by now then you don't know me that well"
~~~

Third Person's Pov:
Night finally settled across the land. The darkness enveloping the world with the full moon glowing among the stars unobstructed by ant clouds.

The brilliant silvery light of the moon reflected off the Bounty's red paint. The wreckage itself propped up by wooden beams and fallen trees.

At the base of it all was a makeshift camp. The ninja, the sensei and the nindroid gathered around the warm light of the campfire. They could only sit and rest around the fire as they wait for help to arrive in the morning.

Though the night itself was quiet and peaceful, save for the buzz of the cicadas and the crackling of the fire, inner turmoil lingered over their heads.

Sensei Wu notices the desire on his student's faces. How they wish to ask and press him for information about Morro and everything that's happened, yet they remain hesitant to overstep. Either worried that by prying they'll inflict pain onto their sensei, or fear of what they'll find out.

But despite this, they still desire to know so that they know what they're getting into and figure out how to rescue Lloyd.

Wu takes a deep breath before opening his mouth. "Care to hear a ghost story?" He breaks the silence, glancing at everyone.

Zane nods his head keenly, "If it means saving Lloyd, of course."

Everyone waits in silent anticipation as he begins telling the story.

A thin line forms on Wu's lips as he draws in another deep breath. It's not the first he'll have that night, nor is it the last. No one is every really ready to face the past.

Memories draw forth into his mind, behind his eyes and they form the words that would leave his mouth.

"..."

"Morro may have been my first pupil, but he was also my greatest regret" he begins, his eyes steady on the flames of the campfire as his mind wandered to the past. "Before he was a cursed spirit, it wasn't I who found him... but he who found me."

"My brother had just gone off to train under Master Chen, which gave me time to attempt my hand at teaching. Morro was the perfect student. He did everything that was ever asked of him."

He remembers the scene of a young Morro training feverously. Showing an eagerness to learn and the discipline and work effort to back it up.

The scene of him giving Morro the red kite and later finding him controlling it with his powers over the wind came to mind. Mirth shown in Wu's eyes as he continued talking.

"I had shown him things he had never seen. And he showed me a few things too. He had a power over the Wind I had never seen. He was a descendant of an Elemental Master. It was then I thought I had found the one. Perhaps he would wear green."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Back up-" Jay piped in interrupting the story. "You're saying Morro, the Master of Wind, was gonna be the Green Ninja!?"

At those words, the wind picked up. It rustled around the camp, shaking the trees around them. The campfire crackled in protest, shifting and becoming bigger and brighter than before.

Cole's eyes widened as they darted around wildly. "Uh, did that just happen?" He says looking to the others in confirmation. "Maybe I don't like ghost stories" he mumbles shrinking into his seat.

"What happened next, Sensei?" Zane urges the old man to continue.

A sigh escapes Wu's lips, a part of him dreaded this part where it all began to go wrong.

"After I told him he could be the Green Ninja, there was a hunger unmatched. There was an arrogance in him. I feared I had made a terrible mistake. But it wasn't for me to decide. It was destiny."

The memory of presenting the golden weapons replayed in Wu's mind just like yesterday. Though it is ever vibrant in his mind, it still feels as though it's a dream from long ago.

"When the golden weapons didn't respond like they did for Lloyd later, I knew Morro wouldn't become the chosen one."

"He became obsessed to prove me wrong. To prove destiny wrong. He became reckless. He thought he was invincible."

He lets out a sigh as the campfire crackled in protest.

"I knew right there and then I could not teach those who would not listen. He told me he would find my father's tomb to prove he was worthy. I told him it could not be found. My father had left no message."

"I left the gate open in hopes he'd return, but he never came back."

Wu closed his eyes and opened them again as he looked at those around the campfire.

"I am saddened he was banished to the Cursed Realm. But what worries me more is that he escaped, and for what reason? To save Lloyd and return your powers, you must find the tomb before he does. Or else."

"...Or else what?" Jay stammers out uneasily.

"Unspeakable power will curse us all" Wu replies gravely.

The blue ninja broke out into nervous laughter with a shrug. "Just another day in Ninjago, am I right?"

"This is different. Lloyd is at stake" Kai retorts, the worry evident on his features.

"But how can we compete against the Green Ninja?" Cole questions aloud, "He's more powerful than all four of us combined-."

"Huff" Nya grumbles and crosses her arms at that statement.

"That was before we lost our powers" Zane points out their chances.

"But it's like Sensei said. Our real power doesn't come from our hands, it comes from inside here" Kai retorts tapping his chest. "This is Lloyd we're talking about. This is one mission we cannot fail."

The group nodded in agreement, making up their minds. Though they've found their resolve, all they can do is still wait so they can figure out where to start.

"I hope (Y/n)'s alright" Echo voices aloud piquing the other's interest.

"That's right. You said she was on a trip?" Zane inquired earning a nod from his brother.

"She should be coming back soon, especially because Nya sent out the distress signal to her" Echo continues voicing his worries. "I hope Morro doesn't find her..."

That was one thought that didn't occur to the ninja, nor Nya. With all this extra time to rest and think, their minds began to wander and grow restless at the thought.

The master of wind isn't one to take lightly. Though (Y/n) can handle herself, they cannot help but worry as even she wouldn't know what to do when faced with a spirit possessing Lloyd.

All they can do is wait until morning and hopefully help will arrive and maybe they'll hear from their friend soon.

~~~

Your Pov:
Riding through the night, the stars and sceneries blurred as you raced to the area marked on your map. Your frantic heartbeat overshadowed by the loud hum of the motorcycle's engine.

No matter how fast your revved on the gas, you weren't going as fast as you wanted. It was as though you were trapped in an endless dream. Desperately trying to move forward yet stuck in place.

You wish it was a dream. So, you could wake up from this "fake" reality and find everything and everyone in their usual routines: Echo and Mindroid playing poker with Arie or playing videogames. The ninja training on the destiny's bounty, hanging out or working on their hobbies.

Lastly, Lloyd laughing or hanging out with the ninja. Not possessed against his will.

All in all, you'd rather wake up to a vastly different reality compared to the current one your mind conjured when you received the Bounty's distress signal.

The image of the Bounty's wreckage with pieces strewn about the scene came to mind. The ninja, your friends amidst the wreckage- No, don't think about it. They're alright. They have to be. Please.

Engulfed by this narrow-headed fear and urgency to find your friends, you didn't even notice the passing cycle of night to day and the change in scenery from road to forest.

From a distance, you were able to make out the red paint of the Destiny's Bounty's stern tilted upward. Your breathing grew frantic as the bike sped up.

More of the crashed ship came into view causing you to anticipate what you were to find.

The motorcycle only started to slow down when you were close enough to see figures standing by the hull of the ship near a campfire.

Your motorcycle came to a complete halt just outside the camp. You didn't immediately move as your eyes gazed at the occupants of the camp, quickly counting and making sure not a single head is missing.

Someone called your name, but it fell on deaf ears.

It was only after everyone was accounted for that relief washed over you and you remembered how to breathe. Your shoulders relaxed as a small, relieved smile broke out on your face.

Despite this, your heart still pounded with adrenaline as you stood and dismounted from your motorcycle, your limbs trembling in the process.

You stumbled forward, almost tripping over your feet in the process as you practically crashed into the first figure closest to you. Tears pricked in your eyes as you practically crashed into your friends pulling as many of them into a tight embrace.

It was a short-lived embrace, with you pulling out to look at everyone. Those you clung to consisted of Kai, Jay, Cole, Zane, Nya and Echo while the others consisting of Dareth, Pixal, Mindroid, Sensei Wu and Misako were much farther away, watching the exchange with varying levels of concern.

"You're all okay..." you mutter under your breath as a shaky sigh escaped your lips.

Your eyes flicker from those in the back to the friends in front of you. "I, I saw Lloyd, but something is wrong with him. He's being possessed by a ghost called Morro" you stuttered out, the words spilling from your mouth before you could even process them. You look to your friends completely lost as you speak, your hands trembling as they move while you speak. "I saw the distress signal late, and he said I'd find you guys at the bottom of a mountain- I'm sorry I wasn't here e-"

Cole interrupts your frantic rant by gently grabbing both your hands into his, softly squeezing them. "Hey, (Y/n), it's alright. We're all okay" he comforts. The gesture stopping your train of thought and allowing you to ground yourself back to the moment, you let out a deep breath.

Upon noticing your shoulders relax, he lets your hands go. You let out another sigh before speaking again. "What happened here and why is Lloyd being possessed?" you question.

You stand there and listen as they fill you in on their version of events from the last twenty-four hours. From Morro knocking on their doorstep in search of Wu's staff. Said staff having imprinted symbols which can lead them to the tomb of the first spinjitzu master. A tomb which holds something powerful and shouldn't fall into the wrong hands.

As for the reason why Lloyd was possessed, no one has a clue.

They were able to flee and record the symbols before handing the staff off to the ghost to get Morro off their backs. Now all that is left is to decipher the symbols and follow the breadcrumbs laid out by the first spinjitzu master.

Oh, and last but not least, the ninja lost their powers. Again.

"We can tell you more once you've rested up a bit" Kai says patting you on the back as you stand there processing all this information.

"Yeah, and I hope you're not afraid of ghost stories" Jay pipes in lightheartedly to lighten the mood.

You didn't react, the cogs in your mind turning as questions begin to form. If Morro had such an easy time against the ninja, especially with using the green ninja's body and the power that comes with it, why did he take your spell book?

Come to think of it, Morro was very hasty to finish your fight with him, even using your relationship with the ninja and to an extent Lloyd to distract you. By the ninja's account fighting him, Morro seems to fight straight forwardly, using physical underhanded tactics, not verbal ones. It seems like he wanted the fight to end quickly.

Morro even tried having one of his subordinates capture you, so you don't get in his way.

It's possible he might know something and thus see you as a threat. There must be more to this.

You tune back into the conversation and overheard Nya pleading with Wu to let her go with the ninja to find the scroll of Airjitzu. Of course, the sensei's words being final, and she has to stay back.

That name sounds familiar.

"The ninja are heading out to Stiix to find the scroll" Echo says making you stiffen. This doesn't go unnoticed. "You can hang back with the rest of us at tea shop while we work on repairs and decipher the next clues on the scroll."

That's why the scroll of Airjitzu sounded so familiar.

You slightly nod and turn to the ninja who were preparing their wallopers for the trip. With not a lot of time, you pull yourself together and approach your motorcycle.

Pressing a button and letting it fold up into a silver suitcase, you carried it into the camp. You exchanged pleasantries with Dareth and Mindroid who were cleaning up a stew the brown ninja made for breakfast. Then you passed by Pixal and gave her your regards before finding the girl in red.

She was sitting on a log with her arms crossed and pouting when you approached.

"Hey Nya, can I ask you for a favor?" You ask as she perks up, eyes meeting yours.

"Why? What is it?" she asks curiously with a slight tilt of her head.

You present the silver suitcase. "I think I messed up my motorcycle while rushing over here" You explain, "Can you take a look and do some maintenance for me? You know the model best."

Nya cocks a cheeky smirk "Of course I do. I am the one that built this for you" she retorts and snatches the suitcase from you. "I'm on the case. Literally. And since I'm stuck staying behind, I can still help with what I do best" She pumps her fist confidently.

You match her confidence with a grateful smile. "Thank you, I'll pay you back. How does cookies sound? You like them chewy right?" you ask thoughtfully.

Her features soften as she nods. "Yeah, it is." she says before asking "are you leaving with the ninja? You better come back safe and make my cookies."

"Yeah, someone's gotta watch their backs. And don't worry I won't forget about your cookies" you chuckle and bid goodbye to the girl in red before finding the ninja.

Pushing aside your growing worries, you approach the four and their wallopers. "When are you guys leaving? I wanna come along" You inquire. "You can also tell me more about our enemy on the way."

Despite your growing worries your friends will find out about why you were out of town, you can't just stand on by with the threat of Morro's plans coming to fruition. Also, how are you supposed to live with yourself if you didn't protect your friends and something happened to them.

Not only all of this, but you also still have to recover your book of spells from Morro.
Speaking of that ghost: He will wish he stayed in his grave.

"We're just about to head out, but are you sure? You don't look so well" Cole said from atop his walloper.

You shrugged off his concern with a smile despite your growing weariness. "I'm alright. I also know how to get to Stiix. We shouldn't delay because at this rate we won't get there until nightfall" you say.

"We only have four wallopers, so it looks like you'll have to ride with someone" Zane adds in as the earth and lightning ninja stiffen.

Kai wasn't paying attention because he was having a hard time pulling himself up to mount his walloper.

You only shrug "Eh, fine with me" you say "I can take a nap on the way." Flicking your gaze over to the blue ninja, you say "Hey Jay, is it alright if I ride with you?"

The blue ninja's eyes widened as a startled cough erupts from him. He slams a hand over his mouth to halt the huffs of air.

"Yeah...Sounds good" he says weakly, his voice straining as he choked on his own air.

Cole couldn't help but chuckle at his best friend and how the blue ninja was all red in the face.

Noticing all of you departing, the other members of the camp gathered to bid you a safe journey.

"Be careful all of you, for the path we seek is never a straight line. Rely on each other to guide your way" Wu imparts some advice before you leave, earning some confident responses from the ninja.

You regarded the sensei with a small nod, before mounting Jay's walloper. Sitting behind the stiff blue ninja, you pressed your back against his as you held onto the animal's fur.

Your group departed from the camp. Waving to your friends until you see them again, you turn your focus on what lies ahead.

~~~

Third Person's Pov:
The first twenty minutes along the journey was spent bickering among yourselves. Mainly about what direction they needed to go and Kai trying to proclaim that he was the leader of the group.

It took (Y/n) telling them to knock it off for the ninja's bickering to cease.

"Stiix is on the east coast and by the looks of it, we're heading in that direction" she says after checking the high-tech watch on her wrist.

"It's funny" Cole says, daring to speak up first after getting scolded. "This was the direction you came from (Y/n)" the earth ninja notes making her stiffen.

This didn't go unnoticed. With her and Jay's backs touching on the walloper, the blue ninja felt the way her shoulders stiffened.

Zane, on the other hand, noticed the sudden spike in her stress level. Granted, it was already unusually high, still peculiar nonetheless.

Though one didn't need high tech or be near the wanderer to notice something was up with her.

"I'm curious (Y/n)," Zane began "how do you know how to get to Stiix? Have you been there before?" The nindroid asks, his icy glowing blue eyes meeting hers.
His mind was elsewhere though. Instead watching the sensors on his internal interface that indicated her heartrate.

"I'm asking in case we need to look out for any particular landmarks or obstacles we may find on our journey" he further explains.

And just as he expected to happen, it dropped. Slowly evening out to a normal resting heartrate.

Breaking eye contact, she glanced at Cole as a hum escaped her lips. "No, nothing should really get in our way" she says thinking aloud. "If we follow the roads, we'll find a biker tavern amidst some rice patty farms along the way. Other than that, a lot of uninhabited land to be honest."
She shrugs and checks her watch again.

"As for why I would go to Stiix..." she trails off for a moment, taking a deep breath.

Cole noticed her fiddling with her hands nervously.

"I went there looking for a spell book or a lead to where I'd find one. It's also why I wasn't here to help you guys fight off Morro" she says with her eyes down casted.

"I'm sorry."

Jay turned his head to look at her with worried eyes alongside the fire and earth ninja.

Zane's mouth formed into a thin line as he gazed at her intently.

He breaks the silence by saying her name firmly. "You and I both know that's not all of it."

(Y/n)'s head shot up as he adds "I saw you on the footage." A mere sentence making her eyes widen.

The master of lightning looks at him confused. "Zane what are you talking about? What footage?" Jay asks as Kai's eyes widen in realization.

"You don't mean..." The fire ninja mutters and looks at (Y/n). She responds by averting her head in shame, refusing to see anyone's expression. Her hands resting and caressing the walloper's fur.

Zane's gaze softens when he sees her stress levels rise. "You can be honest with us (Y/n), please, just tell us what happened" he gently encourages, his robotic voice calm with compassion seeping through.

"Why didn't you bring this up before?" Kai questions the nindroid.

"Because I think we should hear her side of the story before someone judges or jumps to unnecessary conclusions" The master of ice reasons. "And I thought it would be better to not say anything with Misako present. Tensions are already high and her judgement towards (Y/n) would do more harm than good."

(Y/n) pipes up "I wasn't lying when I said I went to Stiix looking for a spell book. I didn't tell you guys because I didn't want to cause trouble or worry anyone."

"Since it is a city for thieves and criminals, I didn't want to get judged either" she continues, her voice firm and pensive. Once in a while, she would glance in the ninja's direction, but is too fearful to look them in the eyes so she would look away.

"And to be honest, I didn't want Lloyd to hear about my search for another spell book in case he burns that too..." her voice trails off dryly.

The four ninja grow quiet, sharing a collective look at each other as if they're connecting telepathically, before looking at her.

Cole was the first to break the silence, asking the question that was all on their minds.

"...did you find anything there?" he asks hesitantly.

(Y/n) fidgets with her hands and nods her head wryly. "Yeah, I did" she says as a thin lined bitter almost sweet smile crosses her features, her head still looking down.
"I got really lucky because it was my mother's book of spells, or Morgana's to be specific" she explains. "It had her signature and it's everything I imagined it would be. Best part, it has a spell that I think will restore my memories."

The amount of excitement and emotion coursing through all four of them was almost electrifying.

"What?!"

"That's fantastic!"

"Wait, are you for real?!"

"Do you have it with you?" Zane inquires, his icy blue eyes brightening at this information.

(Y/n) only sighs, "We'll get to that part." The ninja deflate as she continues. "I found it at a pawn shop owned by a thief called Ronin. I assume you guys know him."

"Huh, know him? He almost left us for dead once!" Kai scoffs, tightening his grip on his walloper's horns. Hearing Ronin's name always meant trouble.

"Ronin was also the one that captured and sold me off to Chen" Zane adds in.

(Y/n)'s expression immediately falls as she looks at the nindroid. "What...?"

Upon seeing this, Zane almost wished he said nothing. However, it was the truth, and she should know considering where this conversation was going.

She opened her mouth to utter an apology to the nindroid, but the words seemed to have been caught in her throat. The nindroid sighed, though he didn't need to.

Meanwhile, Cole was quiet. He was taking deep breaths, though that did little to ease the firm, distressed grip he had on his walloper's horns.

"Did he exploit you?" he questions firmly, though the earth ninja's eyes told a different story.

"..."

"Maybe..." (Y/n) shrugs her shoulders. "He definitely took advantage of my desperation, and I didn't really care enough about the price. When I didn't have enough, he did threaten to tell you guys about the book and my visit if I didn't pay up. If I chose to steal it, he would have followed me back home until he got his money."

"So, you played his game so we wouldn't find out, or as to not to cause trouble?" Kai asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Both" (Y/n) replies. "He offered me a deal and it would cover the rest of the debt."

"By helping him steal the scroll of Airjitzu..." Jay connects the dots.

She nods firmly, "The deal was I help him get in and out of the library without getting caught by using my powers. The scroll was worth more to him than a book containing a dying medium."

"I know what I did was bad but... You all remember what happened at the Corridor of Elders, I couldn't let this slip through my hands again."

The ninja were dead silent as the soft trots of the wallopers filled in the gaps.
They knew too well how much getting (Y/n)'s meant to her.

"So yeah... I took the deal, and it was successful. Ronin walked away with the scroll, and I got my book" she huffs and leans into Jay's back, her head lightly thumping his as she looks up at the sky.

"I had it in my hands. Then Morro showed up at the tavern I was at, and he took it from me while I was distracted."

"I didn't even have it for ten minutes..." she hisses under her breath.

"Morro use Lloyd against you, didn't he?" Kai asks, but she stays silent, only responding with the words "No one deserves to be used against their will..."

She wasn't fooling anyone. Her silence said it all. Deep down she still cares for Lloyd, yet she's still hurt and knowing her, also doesn't know how to approach those unresolved feelings and friction with the green ninja.

"Why would he take it? What could he want that's in it?" Jay voiced his worries aloud.

(Y/n) only shrugged, replying "I have no idea. I didn't pay attention to the other spells, so your guess is as good as mine."

"This is mildly concerning" Zane adds in. He couldn't even theorize due to the lack of information available at the moment.

(Y/n) sighed. "I'm sorry for lying and disappointing you guys by stealing the scroll. I didn't want to. I was selfish and impulsive, and because of me, Morro has the spell book and there's no limit to what he can do with it" she says remorsefully. "I didn't want to ruin our friendship again, I should've done something, anything different-"

"I'm sorry."

When (Y/n) bowed her head apologetically to the ninja while sitting atop the walloper, she didn't expect a reassuring hand pat her head. Looking up, her eyes meet Zane's gentle gaze.

"I remember when I was rebuilt and could only remember fragments at the time" Zane reminisces.
"Though my understanding is different to yours, I still wouldn't wish that uncertainty and emptiness on anyone." He retracts his hand when her eyes met his.

"Regardless of your intentions, they only provide context, and they don't erase the fact you helped steal the scroll. While he would have done it anyways, you still involved yourself in it" The nindroid finishes, his voice sympathetic and firm.

Kai pointed at (Y/n) with a smirk on his face "So as punishment: Once all of this is over and we save Lloyd, get your book and beat Morro, we'll return the scroll to the library and help you apologize" he proclaims oh so confidently.

"And frame Ronin" Cole muttered under his breath, earning a snicker from Jay.

(Y/n) stiffens at the sudden mutual level of understanding between her and the boys.
"You guys don't hate me now? Aren't I a bad influence or corrupted?" She hesitantly asks, growing a little guarded as it seemed too good to be true in comparison to the last time she messed up.

"Well at this point we know that you would only do something like that if pushed far enough and desperate enough to" Jay explains lightheartedly. "And let's face it, that was kind of a lose-lose arrangement considering how hard it is to find a spell book or something to restore your memory."

"At the end of the day, we also know you always try to do the right thing, sometimes in the wrong way, so what kind of friends would we be if we didn't help correct each other's mistakes?" Kai added in, his walloper moving with a little more energy it's step from the change in mood.

Cole rides his walloper behind Jay's, so he was practically face to face with (Y/n).
"All we ask is for you to talk to us and ask for help and don't make lying to us a habit" he assures with a warm expression.
"Only exception for the lying part is if knowing something compromises our safety, because I'm not going to put that stress on you."

"And you don't have to be perfect for us. Especially when we've all messed up on astronomical scales at some point" The blue ninja adds in before coughing into his hand. "*cough* Kai, *cough*"

Kai shot him a glare and fake coughs into his hand in response "*cough* Jay, *cough*"

The blue ninja gasps "What?! What did I do Mr. I'm gonna be the green ninja?"

The blue and red ninja began to bicker which ended up lightening up the atmosphere, despite how serious the conversation was a moment ago.

Despite the bickering in the background, Zane still couldn't help the question that lingered in his circuits.
"There's something we still need to know," he begins. "Do you know what Ronin was planning to do with the scroll? Does he still have it?"

"He didn't say anything specific. Probably selling it to the highest bidder. We finished the job last night so he should still have it" (Y/n) informs them earning affirmative nods from the ninja.

"Then we shouldn't waste daylight. I say let's pick up the pace!" The fire ninja proclaimed and pointed ahead.

At those words, Kai's walloper decided to slow down. So slow in fact, it would've been faster to walk. The others laughed at his expense, but it was somehow a blessing in disguise.

Seeing (Y/n) giggle at his predicament made it kind of worthwhile. He found himself smiling at the sight. It seemed like she needed it after today.

~~~

Author's Note: First chapter of the new year of 2023 :D
Happy 70 chapters!
I once again apologize for being late in updating and thank you guys for 666k reads the book got on New Years! I plan on doing a lot more writing this year and I don't plan on abandoning this book anytime soon.

I hope the chapter was alright, I'm a little rusty and this chapter was rough to write;;;

I didn't want it to seem like the ninja were okay or excusing (Y/n)'s actions with helping Ronin steal the scroll, yet I also didn't want them to be too hard on her as well.
They will respectfully disagree with her methods and will hold her accountable when needed, but also understand her intentions, perspective, and trust that she will do good things and have their backs.
It's a work in progress for them since both sides are trying to get used to good communication and working together properly :)

I love sitting and struggling to write a scene for a chapter for a week+ and then churning it out all in one sitting 🙃

~~~

Uploaded: January 13th 2023

~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

348K 9.3K 26
Honestly, it's not easy being the sister to the guy who can zap you whenever he chooses. I mean I love him and all... I remember the day it all start...
41.6K 854 30
(Tw- Language) โ€ขโ˜† "I will always love you... No matter what, Lloyd. But promise me that you will protect Ninjago and our friends." "I promise..."โ˜†โ€ข โ˜†...
213K 7.6K 42
[IMPORTANT: Undergoing a rewrite/continuation. Look on my profile for further details.] Lloyd and (Y/N) Garmadon. The two were (and are) inseparable...
5.5K 141 16
All Y/n knew from the beginning was cruelty. Her alleged father, his right-hand man, and her sister always seemed out to get her. Even the lowly serv...