𝒂𝒅𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖, 𝒋𝒂𝒎𝒆𝒔...

By -firelitroses-

"𝑰 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒂 𝒔𝒆𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒑𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏" "𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈, 𝑰 𝒂𝒃𝒔𝒐𝒍𝒖𝒕... More

𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒂𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒕𝒊𝒄
𝐦𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐚𝐩𝐞.
001. The manor
002. The other woman
003. Arrogant prick
004. Apologizes and Acceptance
005. Savior
006. Broom polish and vanilla
007. Pretty fucking beautiful
008. Raindrops
009. Parties and Hangovers
010. The tower
011. Quidditch practice
012. Stupid realizations
013. Moonlight
014. Pretty boy
016. The slug club
017. Blue hair?
018. Lions vs Snakes
019. Snow days
020. adore you
021. daddy issues
022. Christmas party
023. Home sweet home

015. Photgraphs

1.5K 39 6
By -firelitroses-

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

Photographs

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧*⋆.*:・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾

"Guys, look what I found," a chirpy Eva ran up to the group at the Gryffindor table. "I was going through my trunk and I totally forgot that I packed these,"

She slapped down a bunch of pictures in front of James on the table, which the group could only assume was hers. She sat down in the only available seat next to Remus while the rest were across from her. James held up a bunch of family portrait photographs from all throughout the years.

"Look at how cute you were!" James smiled.

"Why do you look miserable?" Peter inquired.

"Because Pete, I was forced against my will to take these. And my parents wanted our portraits to be taken seriously, so they refused me smiling," she answered rolling her eyes as she remembered those miserable days when she had to wear uncomfortable clothes and had to pretend her parents were the sweetest couple alive because her parents asked specifically.

"Jeez! That's your dad? He's uh-" James coughed. Eva raised her eyebrows and smirked in a teasing way.

"Scary?" he nodded slowly, afraid of the reaction he was gonna get from Eva. He swallowed thickly, watching Eva intently while her face showed no emotion. She sighed before a small smile invaded her face and James' tensed body relaxed.

"Yeah. I get that a lot," she replied with a smile. "That's why I don't show people I now meet pictures of my family. They might think I'm some kind of evil person, with no regard for people's feelings,"

"Eva. You wore glasses?" Remus questioned, holding up a picture of Eva around the age of ten.

"What! show me, show me, show me!" James squealed, acting out like a child. Eva hid her face in her hands, remembering the time in her life when she wore glasses.

"I forgot that was in there," she groaned slowly, bringing her head to look at the group.

"Stop. Eves! You're adorable. Why don't you wear glasses anymore?" James pouted with a special gleam in his eyes. He tried to remember little Eva walking around Hogwarts with huge black glasses, but he couldn't.

"That's a long story," she dismissed the question. However, the whole group watching her with pleading eyes made it unbearable for her to look away. She sighed "My parents,"

The group rolled their eyes at those two words. Now to make it clear the group hated rich, pureblood suprematist who thought they were better than everyone else so they've kinda always hated her parents but now that they've heard stories about the pair from Eva, they hated them even more which almost seemed impossible.

"Of fucking course it's the supremacist's fault," Sirius threw up his hands and then let it hit the table before Remus smacked him on his arm and gave him a look. Sirius let out a silent grumble before he brought back his attention to Eva.

"They said that it didn't fit the image they wanted," she made air quotes with her fingers. "So they made me stop wearing it,"

"Do you still need them?" Remus asked.

"No. After I complained about not being able to see, they took me to some sketchy healer that made me have somewhat of a good eyesight,"

The group fell silent.

James wanted to say something. He really did, but he didn't. He simply had nothing to say. The boy was baffled. He reached his hand over the table and held it gently. If there was one word to describe James Potter, it would be comforting. James was a very comforting person. He always brought solace to everyone he loves.

"Well, at least you don't look like an idiot like four eyes over there," Sirius smiled innocently, nodding to James.

"Bitch," James rolled his eyes while throwing a scone at him.

"Do you know I've never been photographed outside of these family portraits," Eva laughed. "Imagine if I die and these are the only pictures of me," her eyes widened.

"We're not gonna let that happen. Trust me," James smiled at her.

"Promise?" she held out her pinky.

"I promise," he locked his pinky against hers.

♡ ♡ ♡

Evelyn wanted her life to be perfect. To have the perfect friends, perfect parents, perfect boyfriend, perfect looks, perfect hobby, perfect everything. When people think of perfect they think of it as having all the required or desirable elements, qualities, or characteristics; as good as it can possible be. Eva had planned out her life down to the littlest detail. However, that's not how life works. It sucks to say but you cannot control every detail of your life. That's just the way life works. No matter how unfair it is, your life cannot be perfect. Eva learned that at a very young age. First when she was five and her mom yelled at her for not wearing a suitable dress to a family party. Next when she was thirteen and her crush made fun of her for being a Slytherin. The other time was when she found Lucius Malfoy and Narcissa black on top of each other. The most recent of times she felt that life was unfair is right now.

There she sat in her potions class, staring at two people beside her. The infamous James Potter and Lily Evans. Slughorn had appointed them partners the last month because of James failing and lily being smart enough to tutor him. Which resulted in the obvious flirting from James and the yelling of Lily. Evelyn knew Lily didn't like James at all, but she couldn't help but be jealous. Jealous that James would always be in love with Lily. She also knew that lily couldn't say no forever and would eventually let go of whatever stubbornness she had built up in the last years. So when she saw Lily laughing at whatever James said, her heart dropped. She swallowed the lump in her throat, turning her head away front the scene and focusing on her surroundings.

"Eva?" Remus tapped her arm.

"Yeah Rem," she turned to look at him, noticing him nudge his head in the direction of professor Slughorn.

"Ah rosewood, looks like you're back from your little trip." He raised his eyebrows with a slight side smile.

Embarrassed, Eva sank down into her seat and scrunched up her red cheeks. "I'm sorry professor,"

"That's fine Evelyn, but next time pay attention," he said before turning around and started writing ingredients on the chalkboard. She nodded her head as she pressed her lips together tightly, making a thin line. Hearing the snickering beside her made her turn her head to find James looking at her with a teasing smile on his face. He raised his eyebrows, tilting his head slightly while Eva rolled her eyes with a smile creeping onto her face before turning back to pay attention to whatever Remus was doing to the potion. And that's how the class went on for the next twenty minutes. Eva was looking at James, and James was looking at Eva while Remus and Lily observed the not-so-hidden glances between the two.

♡ ♡ ♡

The Morning dragged on pretty slowly for the teens. They went to their classes as per usual and got what seemed like a never-ending supply of assignments and after the morning of antagonizing boring lectures, lunch had finally arrived.

"This was the most boring day ever." Eva groaned. "Please tell me it's over,"

"My little Eva, sucks to say, but we still have a whole afternoon full of classes," Sirius patted her head before sitting down next to her.

"Just kill me now!" Eva signed.

"Well. I can arrange that to happen if you really want to," Sirius babbled out before Eva gave him a look that silenced him.

"So, have you heard the rumor about you and James?" Peter asked absentmindedly.

"What?!" Eva exclaimed.

Sirius sighed. "Pete! You were supposed to ease it in."

"What rumor?" Eva looked at the boys.

"I don't want to say it," Sirius mumbled, stuffing his face with bread.

"Sirius!" Eva begged.

Sirius sighed before taking a deep breath. He bit his lip. "That you and James are together... like together, together."

"What does that mean?" she asked, once more scared of the answer.

"You guys are like, you know... having sex," Sirius said with hesitation as his head slowly went down.

Eva gulped, and her stomach dropped. Her body remained still as she felt like she was going to throw up.

"Who would've started it?" her voice cracked.

"I don't know Eves. I heard it from one of the Slytherins." Sirius said carefully and sincerely. The girl didn't look the same. Her mood had changed rapidly and her face became more cautious of her surroundings. She bit her lip as she looked around. She noticed the hushed whispering and the eyes on her coming from different directions. She was the center of attention today, and she hated it.

"You think someone from Slytherin started it? But why would they?"

The boys shook their heads. They didn't have an answer for her. They loved Eva, and it hurt them to see her like this.

"I guess it's fine. I mean, it's just a rumor," Eva dismissed. It technically was just a rumor. James and Eva never slept together, they've only kissed once and it was mistake. Heat of the moment kind of thing. At least that's what Eva thought. They never talked about it which made the topic definitely more awkward than it needed to be. In reality it was fine, Eva could live with the longing tension if it meant that her and James remained friends. Friends... just friends. Friends kiss each other all the time... right?

Eva spaced out for the next couple of minutes and she didn't come back to reality until she felt movement coming from beside her. James and Remus had only now joined their table. She looked up to turn to the face beside her. There he was, the curly-haired boy who had changed her life, probably for the worse.

"Where the bloody hell were you two?" Eva asked.

"Yeah, you took your sweet time," Peter spoke out.

Remus turned to look at James. "James, would you like to tell them what happened, or would you like me to do it?"

James sighed. "Me and Lucius got into a fight,"

"Without me? Wow, I feel so betrayed," Sirius rose his hand to his heart, pretending to be hurt. The group rolled his eyes at him as they fixed their attention back on James.

"James!" Eva exclaimed slapping his arm.

"What! It wasn't an actual fight, more like a friendly argument," James said, trying to make the blonde girl feel better.

"What was it about?" Eva asked.

"It's not important," James whispered.

"But-"

"Drop it Eva,"

♡ ♡ ♡

Authors note: MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE <3 I hope you guys are doing so well and I hope you're enjoying the time off with your friends and family.

If I'm being honest, I had absolutely no idea what to write about, so that's why this chapter is so short. Before I got some ideas I had been a bit preoccupied with the world cup and I may or may not have cried and gone into a depressive episode when Brazil lost and I saw Neymar cry. But yay Argentina.

Also, this chapter is pretty boring cause it's kinda a filler and my writer's block is getting worse. I have some ideas for the next chapters so hopefully, the following chapter won't take so long and would be faster to write. I'm so so so sorry, guys.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.2K 599 14
"𝘐𝘧 𝘪𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘴𝘦, 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘱𝘴, 𝘵𝘰𝘰." ***** 🌸𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐮𝐝�...
2.3K 132 11
❝ 𝐃𝐎 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊 𝐈 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐓 𝐀𝐋𝐋? ❞ ― 𝖺𝖿𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖺 𝗍𝗎𝗋𝗆𝗈𝗂𝗅 𝗈𝖿 𝖽𝖾𝖺𝗍𝗁𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖻𝖾𝗍𝗋𝖺𝗒𝖺𝗅𝗌, 𝖺 𝗆𝖺𝗋𝗋𝗂...
545K 13.5K 44
UNDER HEAVY EDITING THROUGH GOOGLE DOC, THE NEW CHAPTERS WILL BE LONGER AND BETTER WRITTEN ! look under the summary for more info. !Mature themes & S...