Until You..

By Pingu9003

Sometimes your heart needs more time to accept what your mind already knows. This is the story of Aranv and... More

Prologue
Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Epilogue
Note from the Author

Chapter 32

2.7K 190 33
By Pingu9003

"Go home so that I can come today to put a ring on your finger to make you mine"

"Oh really, you think you can just come in and put a ring on my finger and I will be yours... wait WHAT?"

Khushi was confused. What is he talking about? Why is this house decorated? What is she missing here? What is happening here?

"What is going on here? Why are you all standing like this ? and the ring? Where does this ring come from? Arnav Ji, before I go completely crazy can you please tell me what is going on?"

"Khushi, if you haven't noticed, that is exactly what I am trying to do for the past few minutes. Now, can we please go somewhere alone and talk?"

Khushi grabbed his hand, took him to Payal's room, and closed the door behind them.

"Tell me something Khushi, so it was only me who lost the right to touch you? or it's vice versa? Because if it is vice versa then I am offended because you are touching my hand"

Khushi let go of his hand and moved further. Here, she is fuming, angry, and disappointed but Arnav was laughing.

"Can you stop showing your teeth and tell me how dare you come back here after what you did last night?"

"Khushi, go back to last night and tell me exactly what happened"

"You asked me to leave you, you gave up on us, and you betrayed my love, is this enough, or do you need more?"

"As far as I remember, I told you that I spoke to your father and he wants you to come home. He is at Payal's house and you need to go home. Not once I mentioned, I am letting you go out of my life nor did I betray our love"

"But... I agree you didn't use those words but asking me to pack my bags and to leave was enough for a person with a brain to understand what is the hidden meaning behind it"

"I feel sorry for your brain Khushi. Why do you always assume the worst? Tell me one thing, when two people are getting married what is the first step?"

"What kind of a question is that Arnav Ji, you are trying to change the topic"

"Khushi, answer my question"

"Well, the guy's family will go to the girl's family asking for her hand"

"Thank you, Khushi, and then after that?"

"They get engaged, then few other rituals and then they get married. What does all this have to do with me?"

"Just imagine if the guy and the girl were living under the same roof and how would you prefer them to do all these ceremonies?"

"Well, if I am the girl, I would prefer to be with my family during these ceremonies because....."

It suddenly hit her. She has been played. They all made a fool out of her and she has let them too.

"Exactly what I was trying to do Khushi. I wanted you to be with your family during all our wedding ceremonies"

"Arnav Ji? You lied to me, You played me, You hurt me so that you can get a little laugh? How could you do that? Do you have the slightest idea how much I cried, I thought I lost you and Sifu forever"

"I am sorry Khushi, but you did lie to me first about your dad not being able to come to the wedding. You did not tell me the truth behind it"

"But, that does not give you the right to play me like this"

"Oh come on Khushi. First I wanted to punish you and let go of it. Then Akash and Payal suggested this way so I kind of thought why not. Believe me, I was thinking you will figure it out in a second"

"This is not right Arnav Ji. You hurt me. I was feeling so low. I wanted to kill myself"

Arnav moved closer and hugged Khushi. Khushi at first tried moving but later gave in hugging him back.

"I am sorry Khushi, I didn't know this will turn into a situation like this. I wanted to come last night to explain to you. I was right out there"

"What? You were here last night?"

"Khushi, I love you. I saw in what condition you left home last night and I was worried. So I followed your cab. My car was parked right outside the house. I asked Payal a number of times if I should come and talk to you. She later confirmed you are sleeping and only then I left"

"If you were worried, why didn't you call me?"

"Khushi, you were going to get married to me without your father's blessing. You were ready to give up on your father for me. Imagine my situation. Sooner or later the truth would have come out. For me to know you had to let go of your family because of me could have hurt more than anything Khushi"

"But Arnav Ji...."

"Yes, and also the fact that you did not trust me enough to share that with me was also a little hurtful"

"I just wanted you to be happy Arnav Ji"

"I know Khushi, but that does not mean you get to hide things from me. I don't want our life to start with a lie. But I agree I shouldn't have agreed to this prank"

"Promise me, Arnav Ji, you will never do this again. Because next time I don't think I can hold it"

"Shut up Khushi, nothing will happen to you and I promise, this will be my first and last prank on you"

"And I am sorry I hid the truth from you, Arnav Ji. I should have come to you and we both could have sorted that together"

"That's fine Khushi, you were trying to do the right thing but you took the wrong pathway. Marriage is not only between two people Khushi but also between two families. We should never forget that"

"I understand Arnav Ji"

"I came into your life a few months ago Khushi, but your father has been in your life ever since you were born. If it ever comes to choosing between us, promise me you will choose your father over me Khushi"

"But Arnav Ji, how can I choose?"

"I am just giving you a hypothetical situation Khushi. Never let your parents go out of your life. You will find another Arnav but you can never find another father"

"You always know the right thing to say, Arnav Ji. But I am sure, I will never be able to find another you. You, papa, and Sifu, all three of you are equally important to me. So I pray to god that day should never come"

He kissed her forehand and hugged her back. Life has given them a number of reasons to cry, to hurt, and to suffer. But strong are those who overcome them. They stayed there like that until they heard a knock.

"Khushi, Arnav Ji, if you guys are done talking please come out. We are kind of worried out here"

"Coming Payal"

"Arnav Ji, thank you for doing this. Thank you for talking to my father, thank you for stopping me from making a mistake"

"Khushi, you and I are a team. I will do anything to take away your pain and I know you would do the same. Now we should go out before they think of something else"

Both of them went out to join the rest. The rest of the family was already in the living area waiting for them.

Khushi stood there in the middle of the room and looked around giving a frown to everyone for making a fool out of her.

"Now, can someone explain everything that happened?"

"What, Chote I thought you already did. If you did not explain to her, what were you guys doing in that room for this long?"

Anjali winked at Khushi and Arnav making Khushi blush. Others also laughed at her comment.

"Yes, Khushi, I thought you dragged him to the room to get your answers. I did not know you had something else in your mind"

"Shut up Payal, not you too"

Khushi was blushing like a tomato. Renuka who felt sorry for Khushi's situation thought she should take the lead and spare her the details.

"Khushi, I'll tell you what happened"

"Please Renuka Ji, thank You. I already know about Arnav Ji's act but other than that nothing. I want to know how you meet my father, how did he come on board?"

"Khushi, take a seat. I will let you know what exactly happened and how exactly that happened"

Khushi hugged her father and sat next to him waiting for Renuka to explain. 

............................................................................................................

Hope you enjoyed this chapter :)

Thank you for your love and support so far! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.2K 2.3K 14
Completed! This is a short story of about 10-15 chapter. Khushi and arnav are happily married, arnav is from poor family and khushi from rich family...
80.7K 4.6K 28
Arnav Singh Raizada, CEO of AR Fashion house and number one business man in India. A rude, arrogant and Cold hearted person to the world. A great bro...
339K 13.5K 49
It is a love hate story. When two people fall in love but their surrounding is just filled with hate... they do fight with their love but is it enoug...
72.8K 5.6K 56
When a beautiful friendship is ruined because of love and hate, who wins? Intertwined between Love and Hate, Arnav and Khushi are set on a journey t...