Sodor: Shooting Star

By MaskSupremeEren

It was any ordinary day on the Sodor Island. Steam engines were puffing, birds were chirping and the city was... More

Introduction
Calm Before Storm
First Encounter with Shooting Star
The Morning.
Gordon's Trip
Edward's Runaway
Viktor Meeting
Journey in Dark Times
Brendam Shelter
Killdane Ambush

Thomas Path to Darkness

244 2 2
By MaskSupremeEren

During which the invasion had reached to Knappford. Thomas along with Annie and Clarabel was at the Knapford Station picking up passengers when they heard an urgent news from the comms.

"Oh dear. Thomas, I think we should get to Vicarstown. We need to deliver the people safely." suggested Clarabel worriedly.

"Good idea Clarabel. Well Gordon and Nia, see you guys later. I am gonna go to Vicarstown. I hope you guys also get there soon and good luck." Thomas said to Gordon and Nia before departing to Vicarstown.

Thomas then whistled as he passes Knappford. As he was chuffing, he saw buildings on fire assuming it to be the invasion. Then people were running from the track from other coaches. It was chaos.

"Cinders and ashes! I hope the people will find safety!" said Thomas.

"I hope so too." said the driver.

Thomas driver soon got a call from the fat controller himself. He picked up the phone and accepted the call.

"Hello sir?" replied the driver.

"Oh so you are safe. I want to make sure that in few days, the bridge leading down to the Mainland is gonna be closed so I want you to get there fast." said the Fat Controller.

"On it. One thing however, where are you exactly?" asked the driver.

"I am getting sent in a helicopter with my family from the British Royal Army. Lady Hatt and my children is okay. I have told the others to get to Vicarstown in time." answered Fat Controller.

"Good luck Sir. I hope I will meet you there." said the driver having a glimmer of hope.

The Fat Controller hangs up and the driver is reassured from that as they already had reached the Crosby Station. The station has been raided of some sort, there were broken windows and overall dirty mess all around.

"What happened here?" asked Thomas.

The driver took a glance from the cab at the surrounding area.

"It seems like the people here was also in a rush. I am gonna go gather supplies at the stores if I can see one." the driver told to Thomas as he and the fireman goes to look at the stores.

As Thomas was waiting patiently for his driver and fireman to come back with food. He hears a familiar whistle in the distance. It was a familiar green engine with tender.

It was Henry! He whistled to Thomas as he is happy to find someone.

"Oh Thomas, I was worried that I won't find you!" said Henry happily.

"Henry, you don't need to say that. I was also worried about all my friends." replied Thomas.

"Have you seen Gordon and the others?" asked Henry.

"Gordon was still at the Knapford Station when I left along with Nia. No idea what happened to them after." answered Thomas.

Henry mood changed into concerned. He looked at Thomas.

"I..I heard from the radio that Knapford Station was on fire  as an engine named Harvey crashed into the station. I just hope Gordon got out but as I heard from the passengers. It seems like there was 2 engine that had died in the crash." said Henry to Thomas. His face also changes into sad face.

"Oh dear, Gordon." said Thomas worriedly. At the same time, driver and the fireman came back with weapons and supplies like food albeit few as most of the stores were already raided. Driver and the fireman sort out the food to few of their passengers and put coal into Thomas.

"We should better get going." said Thomas.

"True." agreed Henry as they puffed away from the empty Crosby station. Henry took a last look at Henry forest and it's nature before they have passed the forest into the railroad up ahead.

After a long hour of chugging. They have reached to Wellsworth Station. Everything here was well relatively empty. Except for one notable thing that stand out from the rest.

It was a green diesel engine lying on the turntable. The guard that was with Thomas and Henry decided to check the diesel on there while they were carrying weapon just incase. They saw the number "D3". They immediately knew who that number belongs to and as they look at the face. They were pale as white.

"Oh...God..." said one of the guard and the other tried to find words on how to describe the face. The guard saw there is a warning on the cab it says.

"It hears you" the warning said. The guards are obviously confused as to who is the "it" refers to. Before they could do anything, a tentacles comes in and grab one of the guard and that tentacles leads to a familiar yellow saddle tank engine. The yellow saddle tank engine livery is now covered under black dust as if it was recently got burnt. The guard took a glance at the nameplate and realizes.

"B- BILL?! GUYS GET OUT OF HERE NO-" said the guard urgently as he told them to get out before he was sadly cut short. Bill had grabbed him and brutally swallows him.

"Thomas..I want you to get to Cronk and meet Rebecca. Just get out of here now!" said Henry to Thomas in a loud voice.

"Wh- what?! Henry what about you!" replied Thomas.

"That thing is gonna.. Just get out of here now!" told Henry. Thomas got no other choice but to leave Henry behind. Bill or what they are called now, "Savage" notices Thomas leaving but decided to not go for him but instead looks at Henry the Green Engine. The Savage has the insect-like legs, tentacles from it's funnel and pair of glowing eyes in the mouth where the face used to be. It wasn't Bill anymore.

"Here we go." sighed Henry as he go forward into the Savage, tripping him over. The Savage stayed silent as the thing did not want to miss it's victim. He has time to get out but turns out the track had been set to the wrong point and has led Henry down to Brendam Dock instead.

Clarabel who was facing behind saw Henry going to Brendam and the Savage transforming into its vehicle form and chases after the Big Green Engine. She could only look in horror as Henry and the Savage had left the view of the coaches.

After Thomas had forced to leave behind Henry, he suddenly felt guilt leaving his friend behind. Annie and Clarabel stayed silent as they only think about what happened to Henry. Thomas had passed on Gordon Hill. He thinks about Gordon yet again and thinks about their whereabouts.

Thomas, Annie and Clarabel had reached to Maron. Charlie and Billy whom was resting in the siding notices Thomas sad look and asked Thomas.

"Is something wrong?" asked Charlie.

Thomas glance at them and was suprised to see them.

"Charlie? Billy? I thought you guys are already gone ever since the situation." answered Thomas.

"What do you mean Thomas? What "situation" are you think about?" asked Charlie yet again.

"I- I don't wanna talk about it." answered Thomas.

"Well, I should better get going. Goodbye and good luck Billy and Charlie." continued Thomas as he puff away. Billy and Charlie still confused about that shrugged it off and goes back to its siding.

As Thomas continue puffing, they reached to Cronk and they saw Rebecca in the sheds. Seeing as the sun is setting, Thomas driver decided to pull into the sheds with Rebecca.

"Thomas! I am so glad that you came. Nia haven't come for hours now!" said Rebecca in relief.

"You were at Knapford Station when Nia was supposed to pull James coaches right?" asked Rebecca.

"N- Nia...I don't know what happened." answered Thomas as he backed down into the sheds.

"Didn't you heard about the announcement from the Majesty Government? and Knapford Station..." said Thomas as he mumbles.

"It got...No..Gordon..Henry...Nia-" said Thomas as seemingly he wanted to cry.

"Thomas? Are you okay?" asked Rebecca to Thomas.

"N- no..I am.. fine Rebecca. You don't need to worry about me." answered Thomas. Rebecca knew something was up but decided to stay quiet about it.

After few minutes settling down, Rebecca driver and fireman came as they got the news from other station.

"Oh dear, this situation is more serious than I thought." concerned Rebecca's driver.

"Knapford Station got blown up, Brendam Docks was attacked, Killdane Ironwork.. Rebecca, it seems like we are gonna be getting more supplies to keep us alive in this dire situation. Rebecca obliges and the fireman begin to load up coal into her firebox.

"Thomas, I am going out to fetch some supplies. Stay here with the passengers." said Rebecca before leaving. Thomas and his coaches along with the passengers were all alone in the shed. Thomas tried to sleep to forget about the earlier events.

Thomas soon finds himself in a dark void. Thomas looked around and pondered to himself.

"Where am I? Where am I?!" shouted Thomas.

Thomas saw something in front of him. It was a green engine with tender. He moved forward to look who it is when it spooked Thomas when it went out of its shadow to reveal the empty eye sockets. It chases Thomas as Thomas backed down as fast as he could.

He gets visions of everything from Knapford on fire to monstrous Bill. He looked around only to see all of his friends, dead. Gordon burnt, Annie and Clarabel with hole in their face.

"PLEASE! GET ME OUT OF HERE! PLEASE I DONT WANT TO BE HERE. PLEASE!" shouted Thomas then he crashes into set of buffers and nearly falls. The green engine with tender then was replaced by monstrous Bill as the thing took its tentacles out. Thomas screamed as loud as he can but to no avail, Savage had stabbed into Thomas face.

Suddenly Thomas woke up and looked around only to find itself in the sheds yet again. But he notices commotion happening in the coaches. A passenger got knocked down from the door as he looked to the man. It was 2 passenger holding the gun that belonged to the guards and was holding everybody at gunpoint.

"EVERYBODY! DO NOT SCREAM OR I SHALL SHOOT YOU!" shouted the man then he glances toward awaken Thomas. He walks toward to the blue engine.

"Say, little Thomas I want you to be my escape vehicle once I get the supplies for me and my brother. If you don't accept my agreement, you shall be met with a bullet." said the man as he hold a gun in his hand. Waiting for the blue engine response.

"N- NO! I don't want to leave these innocent passengers behind just for you selfish to take all our food!" refused Thomas.

"Wrong choice buddy." said the man, unsatisfied with the blue engine response. He hold a gun to Thomas face and load it.

Before the man could pull the trigger, Thomas felt painful inside its body as cracks start to show in his face. He screamed as loud as he can!

"No! No! NOO!" screamed Thomas in agonizing pain as the cracks start to transform Thomas face into the face that was like monstrous Savage. The man tried to run away but was stabbed by the tentacles coming from Thomas face before it was eaten. The passengers screamed in horror then Thomas saw them, pulls out its tentacle before they were massacred.

Thomas whom have now become a monster like Bill looks at Annie. She was horrified and what Thomas had become but Thomas put the tentacles on Annie roof as if it was trying to calm her that she is fine with him. Before Thomas stabbed Annie face. She screamed from the pain and was heard by her twin coach, Clarabel. Thomas then decided to finish off Clarabel by stabbing the face like her twin.

After all were dead in the sheds, Thomas vanished into the foggy night leaving a massacre behind. Only to be found by Rebecca by the next hours carrying supplies on its trucks. She was truly horrified at what happened at the sheds. The driver and the fireman were almost throwing up at the sight.

They couldn't describe just from the seer horror of it. The Coaches had their face torn apart and there were only puddle of blood everywhere.

"Oh my.. I...What happened here...?" asked the driver pondering what happened to the sheds.

Rebecca mumbles her words from the massacre. She realizes Thomas is missing.

"Thomas is gone? This is only gonna get worse from here. The sheds are too much of a bloodshed to clean up. We should find other sheds. The driver and fireman checked only to see no survivors in the wreckage. Except for one.

"Hey! Wait! I- I want to get out of here!" shouted by a survivor, turns out it was Thomas driver.

Rebecca driver and fireman notices him and decided to bring him along with her. Closing the sheds forever, leaving the bloodshed behind closed doors. Rebecca chuffed into the sunset.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

887 6 9
Sodor is well known for being a beautiful place in the world, the scenery, it's residents, and most importantly, the railway with its many engines, p...
3.1K 47 6
The year is 1968. Two engines are engaged in a bitter, non-stop rivalry that has been on-going for decades. But that's all about to change. (Please...
6.7K 35 28
The Island of Sodor, a safe haven for anyone in need of a home. For how wonderful it is, it isn't always safe. When the wrong person finds their way...
1.9K 51 27
A young girl heads to Britain to learn about steam engines there, but little did she know she would be pointed to an adventure. Inspired by The Islan...