My Shining Star

By Myuseriszoey

A young charismatic girl struggling to survive life. Keeping up with bills to pay, stuck up friends, and a de... More

A/N: intro
Chapter 1: The past & now the present
The Weeping Willow (FULL VERSION)
Chapter 2: Maxine who?!
Chapter 3: Memories of their past
Chapter 5: Our saviors
Chapter 6: Finders keepers
Chapter 7: Just once
Chapter 8: Dance fail
Chapter 9: Big bad wolf
Chapter 10: Thinking about you
🍋 Chapter 11: A tease
Chapter 12: Welcomed but not
🔓 Characters Unlocked (1)
Chapter 13: Run Maxi RUN!
Chapter 14: A way 2 hide a lie
🍋 Chapter 15: Fuzzy feelings
Chapter 16: Not so bad
Chapter 17: Top of the chain
Chapter 18: Fuming rage
Chapter 19: I'll always be there
Chapter 20: Something new
Chapter 21: Tell me everything...
Chapter 22: To the beasts city
Chapter 23: Downsides of traveling
Chapter 24: I'm a WIZARD?!
Chapter 25: It's all coming back to me now
🍋 Chapter 26: Plans to seduction
Chapter 27: My expertise
Chapter 28: We could have had...
🍋 Chapter 29: Jealousy between two
Chapter 30: Landslide
Chapter 31: Eyes on me!
Chapter 32: A shy stranger
🍋 Chapter 33: A wolf's obsession
Chapter 34: A wish comes true
🍋 Chapter 35: New rivals, new problems
Chapter 36: The tiger outside my window
🔓 Characters Unlocked (2)
🍋 Chapter 37: A kitty's prize
Chapter 38: Confessions
Chapter 39: Sweet promises
🍋 Chapter 40: Feline's trickery
Chapter 41: Queen over night
Chapter 42: Willow's true colors
Chapter 43: My downfall to a new change?
Chapter 44: Gardening 101
🍋 Chapter 45: Bashful beast
Chapter 46: The ultimate quest for sashimi
🍋 Chapter 47: Sweet treat
Chapter 48: A shiver down my spine
Chapter 49: Tiger vs. Tree
🍋 Chapter 50: A king's love
Chapter 51: Bunny Avalanche
Chapter 52: Villain revealed
Chapter 53: Eat or forever hold your peas!
Chapter 54: Family problems
Chapter 55: Tiger king's downfall
Chapter 56: Truth behind a suspicious tiger
Chapter 57: Family reunion
🍋 Chapter 58: The tiger inside me
Chapter 59: Battle between favoritism
Chapter 60: Wish upon a star (End)

Chapter 4: Cooped up

2.9K 125 11
By Myuseriszoey

(Image at top, is what I imagine their house to be like. A hobbit house in a secluded area )

P.S- images I show are not mine only using them as reference on to show what characters are feeling.

Maxine POV

"WHAT! But Sebastian I- "

"No," Sebastian said sternly.

"Fine, you left me with no choice...You're going to regret saying no to me Sebby " I said irritated by his multiple rejections.

" Time for plan B!" I thought

I turned around facing away from Sebastian who was in front of me. Getting ready for my plan B and I hid my face with both my hands so he wouldn't see my face. Puffing and massaging my cheeks together.

When Maxine turned away, Sebastian felt worried that she might hate him for rejecting her request to go outside. He knew Maxine was tired of being stuck inside for the last four weeks but he needed to for her own good.

Who knows what dangers could be lurking in the forest. If he lets Maxine out she could be harmed by wild beasts or even worse get kidnapped by federals. The thought of her gone would drive him mad.

From the day she woke up, he swore that he would protect and care for Maxine carefully so she won't get ill again. He didn't want to experience what they had been through the last four years. He doesn't want to experience being alone again.

"Okay done!" I shouted turning around facing Sebastian. As we met eyes, I puffed my cheeks and sparkled my eyes adorably. I know this will 100% work, it alway works like a charm!

***
3rd POV

Sebastian raised a brow, confused about what she was doing. But as she turned around he saw her sparkly pink eyes and bloating cheeks that looked innocent but so adorable to his eyes. She was like a cub begging for attention from its parents.

He felt his body starting to heat up from all over. He didn't know what it was. It felt uncomfortable but exciting at the same time. During the past he came across many females asking to mate but he denied them all , when he was on an important journey in finding a cure. He never once thought of settling down for a female nor felt any special connection to those he came across. These strange emotions he never felt during his lifetime now invade his body rushing up to the face.

"Sebastian~ pleasseee" she said sweetly

When Maxine said that it made Sebastian excited, making it harder for him to control his beastly urges. He didn't know what happened but his face turned a reddish hue. He became even more flustered when she came closer to him and called for him.

To his ears it felt like she was seductively teasing him. But in reality she was literally begging him to go outside, she can't stand another day in quarantine. Like it was a prison but it was at home. A home prison! She calls it.

Sebastian knew what Maxine was trying to do. His mouth was about to say yes but he swiftly covered it. More like covering his whole face away from her. They were a few inches away from their lips to touch but he covered his face with his hands so she wouldn't see his embarrassment.

***
Maxine POV

"HUH?!" Shocked by what just happened.

"H-hey!" I shouted in frustration when he looked away from my puppy charm. I was shocked that he managed to not fall for my puppy charm. It always works! Like 100% works!

"Sebastian, you meanie! you were supposed to fall for it!" I yelled angrily pouting in irritation, hitting his bare chest with my fisted hands.

I tried to navigate his face to meet my puppy charm but he wasn't budging. He looked away from me covering his face with his big hands.

"Why was he covering his face? Didn't my charm work?" I thought

It went on for a couple of minutes as I hitted his bare chest with my hands. He eventually looked at me but with a different expression than earlier. He had a serious yet sad expression on his face like he was worried about something.

"Maxine, please just stay here for today" Sebastian gently said, wrapping both hands around mine with a pitiful look.

"Hmph!" I pouted and walked past him.

I knew what he was playing at, trying to do an uno reverse on me! But that is not going to work, Sebby! I know you're games and trickery.

I have my eye on you!

I made my way to the wooden table and sat down on the chair. I folded my arms on the table to rest my face. I heard Sebastian say something but I ignored it. I had felt tired being locked inside for weeks, I really wanted to go outside badly. Staying at home feels so boring there is nothing I could do for fun besides cooking and sewing.

I've been here for four months and it's been hella boring. I have been mostly at home or sometimes in the forest with Sebastian. It's just been me and Sebastian I never once saw another person come by.

Except for Lezon, he sometimes visits us but right now he is traveling. I remember from the story that there was a wolf village nearby, I told him I wanted to visit it but he told me later.

During the passing months, I began planning and organizing what we need to survive. I taught Sebastian how to cook and preserve food since I am tired of eating roasted meat everyday. I sewed up furs Sebastian brought to make blankets and clothing. We just need a bathtub to complete our bathroom that will complete our house.

Across the table, I watched Sebastian cut up deer meat he hunted this morning. He cut it using his bone knife into bite size pieces for today's dinner. I think he is making stew for tonight's dinner judging by the bowl of cut up veggies beside him.

A few minutes went by, I saw him wipe his sweat off on his forehead as it dripped down. I waited for him to finish cooking so we could eat.

All of that aside, I can't believe he is one of the male leads in the story, just look at him! He is stunning! He is more handsome than the men I met before.

His shiny orange eyes were like lost jewels in the sea that shines brightly. The way his body drips with sweat as he stirred the hot stew. The moisture on his tan skin glistens under the hot raging fire. I don't know which is hotter, him or the soup.

He was built large and muscular, his eight pack abs were powerful and robust. His tall and immense figure ranges at six seven feet tall. Not to mention, his deep scar on his right cheek that goes down to his jawline. It looked so good on him. I know that scars are considered ugly to females here but I like it.

I remember that he was the first male lead of the story. He was described as lazy, stubborn, and selfish but I think the book says otherwise. I have been living with him for four months and he is neither of those in fact he is the exact opposite. Maybe it's because I wasn't supposed to be here. His best friend was supposed to die at the start that caused his grim past.

Not much was said about him in the book, only a vague description of his past. It was mostly from the heroine's point of view. When Sebastian meets the heroine, he falls in love with her at first sight. He did everything for her whether it was emeralds, money, or strength.

He did what she told him to do. He dueled many beastmen everyday to lessen his competitors. In the end, he just wanted her love and affection but instead he got abandoned as she left everything behind living her happy ending with her new mates.

She never truly cared for him. To her, Sebastian was like a toy, she played with him for a while until he got thrown away for another. She may be considered a beauty but regardless she is cruel and heartless, she never considered others feelings just herself and her needs.

"Don't worry Sebastian, I'll change your fate so you won't have to suffer. You deserve better than that green eye bitch whoever her name is! Your best friend will make you have a happy life. I promise!" I swore gleefully still staring at him

(Anime: Dress up my darling)

Meanwhile, as Sebastian stirred the hot stew, he could feel a dark aura forming as well as vicious glares behind his back. It felt like thorny spikes stabbing him from behind. He became nervous as the glares became more fierce, still continuing to cook his stew in peace while trying to avoid her glares. Confused on what he did wrong.

He thought that she might be really furious about not going out today. And that he might get killed today by her dark murderous look. It made him shiver in thought seeing her scary face.

A few minutes passed as Sebastian was done cooking. He nervously made his way to the table where Maxine sat, holding a bowl of hot stew for her. He hesitantly called Maxine but she didn't answer. He called again but to no avail.

"Maxine.. Maxine... "

"Huh, who's calling my name" Maxine thought all puzzled.

"Ouch!"

That's when Sebastian pinched her cheeks hard, snapping her back to reality. There Maxine was about to scold him until he pointed his finger at something. She looked and there she saw a wooden bowl of stew in front of her. It had small chunks of meat, carrots, potatoes, and mushrooms chopped up.

She was about to dig in but she saw Sebastian stare at her again. For the past week, he kept staring at her whenever she ate. She feels uncomfortable when someone watches her eat.

"Stop staring at me, go and eat " Maxine nagged.

"I'll eat when you are done eating" He replied, looking back at her once again.

At this point Maxine started to get irritated. She had enough of his constant stares all week. She then scooped a spoonful of stew bringing it in front of his lips.

" Here, say ahh-" Maxine said, telling him to open his mouth.

He looked shocked yet confused looking at her on why she was doing this. When he was about to talk Maxine quickly shoved the food in his mouth.

***
Sebastian POV

When Maxine offered me her food I felt stunned, females never share food with males, not even their mates.

"Doesn't she know that females always eat first?" Sebastian thought

After all, it's a male's duty to make sure females have enough to eat. I don't really mind if she ate all the food since we males can eat without food for several days. Females need the food more than males as they are weak and fragile beings.

As I was about to speak, she quickly shoved the food right into my mouth. It shocked me as the food almost made me choke. I looked at Maxine who was smiling gleefully at me.

"I prefer if we ate together, it makes me uncomfortable to eat alone" Maxine said

It made my lips form a smile from her reply. I felt happy and fortunate to have someone like her. No beastmen ever had a female that happily shares their food. That makes me the first beastmen to have a female cook and share food with me.

I got up to pour stew in a bowl so that I could join Maxine for "dinner" as what she calls it.

Recently after Maxine had woken up, it's like she's a different person. In the past, she used to be shy and quiet. It was hard for me to read her expression as she didn't express much of it. She would just smile from time to time.

But now I can really tell her expression with just a single look. When she's angry she'll pout, bloating her cheeks, when she's happy she'll smile brightly. She would show her emotions by what she says or through her punches. I guess it may be due to her illness during the years that made her change.

I admit she does a lot of weird things I never heard of, but if it makes her happy then so be it. I'll do what she wants so I can see her smile.

-Thank you for reading! ♡♡

(updated: 6/20/2023)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.2K 1.6K 16
Hello! This is a story around a few Wattpads and a few Manhuas I have read, now some of these characters will be mine, and some won't, the Manhua I'm...
192K 9.5K 23
Picture used in the cover isn't mine. Book 2- Can be read as a stand alone. Not a sequel of book 1. It's another character's story .... The supern...
4.8K 222 16
Your, just an ordinary vlogger who made an interesting point but you get invited to an unexplored jungle with a team of archeologists and your t...
42.4K 2.1K 26
Vivian is an almighty being who came from a family line of powerful magicians or what others call "witches". The good old: brooms, curses, and evil h...