Oil & Water

By Jokers_Kitten

Sequel to Wood and Ice. What happens to Rochelle now when she actually meets Tyler Seguin? Will she be able t... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12

chapter 7

22 2 3
By Jokers_Kitten

TYLER

I watched as she bowled and couldn't be more amazed. She was now seated 5th and her next match or matches would be televised. I can see that she's nervous. Hell, I'm nervous for her. But this is her thing.

Melody, or as Rochelle calls her Nugget, is the cutest. She looks like Jayson and Amber. More Amber but she acts like Rochelle.

As we were walking to the cars to head out and get something to eat Jayson pulled me aside.

"What are you thinking?" He asked in a clipped tone.

"Number one, don't talk like that to me. Number two, what are you talking about?" I asked with steal in my spine.

"You know damn well what I am talking about Tyler. Saying to my daughter that you want to be Rochelle's boyfriend."

"Yeah I do. What's your problem with it?"

"We both know you'll pack up and leave. You are not the person she thinks you are or remembers."

"Excuse me? What did you just say?"

"Fuck. You aren't supposed to know. At least not yet. Shit she's going to kill me. Just forget it. Come on we have to get to dinner than a game to get to."

What the hell did he mean by that?

"Hey Segs, you ok?"

"Yeah Chubs."

I jumped in the car and we followed everyone to get a bite before heading to the game.

The food was good. But still not sure what the hell Jayson ment.

Rochelle was sitting next to Amber with Melody in her lap cheering for us as we play the Predators. We were doing good as a team. But I was off.

As we got into the locker room everyone was looking at me weird. But my focus was on Jayson. And he knew it to.

"What did you mean?"

"Don't got there with me Ty. Not here. Not now."

"Tell me Jayson."

"No. Now drop it."

"No. Tell me."

"You'll run, just let her tell you. I shouldn't have let that slip anyway. Please Tyler."

I agreed for now. I know he's right.

Our game was over and we lost in overtime. But hey it was a good game.

After getting changed and wanting nothing more than a bed, I made my way out of the locker room. But as soon as I did there was Rochelle.

Man she looked good. Simple pair of blue jeans, with a cream colored top and black ankle boots. Her hair was done up. Yeah she wore this to dinner, but now taking the time to really look at her, she looked like an angel.

"Hey. "

"Hey yourself." She said with a small smile.

"Wanna get put of here?"

"Yes please."

She walked by myside. Neither one of us touching each other. But close enough to where I can feel the heat from her skin.

*Tyler over here.*

*Rochelle are you two finally together?*

*Tyler is she the new flavor of the week?*

*Rochelle*

The vultures were out in full force. I tried my best to keep her away from them. But she just kept walking.

However I could tell some of what they said bothered her. And truthfully it bothered me. Less than what Jayson said.

"Tyler"

"Huh?"

"Oh there you are."

"What?"

"I've only been calling your name for the last 5 minutes. "

"Oh sorry. What's up?"

"What's up? Well how about we get out of the parking garage for one."

"Oh yeah. That might be a good idea."

"You ok?"

"Hmm?"

"Are you ok? You seem distracted."

"Cause I am."

"Oh. Do you want to talk about it?"

"I do. But" I sighed and rolled my head around.

"Is it about the conversation from last night?"

"Yeah."

"Oh. Ok."

We drove to her hotel room. That way if it was to much for me to process I could leave. And I have a feeling something was gonna happen.

We didn't say anything the remaining of the drive. Including to her room. She toed off her shoes and grabbed a blanket.

It was like watching a kid trying to creat a safe space.

We both sat down and she sat far away from me. I guess she did this to distance herself from me.

"So where should I start?"

"Where ever you want."

"So the last time we talked you asked about me dreaming when I was in the coma."

"Yeah you said you remembered the dream." It was half a statement and half a question.

"Yeah." She said timidly as she played with her nails.

"So what do you remember? You said something about a relationship with someone but that someone wasn't real until recently. "

"Yeah" she chuckled to herself. Sounded like more disbelief in herself than in the conversation we were having.

"Should I be worried about this guy?" When I said that she looked at me funny. "I mean, do I have competition to win your affection?"

She shook her head no. Silent tears slipped down her face. I tried to move to her to wipe them feom her face but she pulled away.

"Then help me understand. Did this guy hurt you?"

Again shaking her head no.

"Rochelle please. Talk to me."

She took in a big breath and held it. Then slowly she blew it out. And after a few minutes she told me about it. But when she got to the next part I froze. I really didn't know what to say.

"The man I was in the relationship with was you. And that I was pregnant with your child and with the accident I lost the baby." She was crying but not loudly.

I didn't know what to say. I mean what does one say to that.

"So that's what Jayson ment." I said it lowly more to myself but she clocked it.

"What did you say?" Her voice was something I didn't expect. "You knew? And yet you made me tell you anyway?"

"What? No. All he said was"

"Get out." She said lowly and with a bite.

"Rochelle let me explain."

"I said get out. You knew. He told you."

"No he didn't. If you just..."

"GET OUT! GET OUT GET OUT!"

Her tears were coming down hard. And I tried to hold her. To get her to listen to me. But she kept pushing me and fighting me.

So I did exactly what she wanted.

"FINE. YOU WON'T LET ME EXPLAIN THEN I WILL DO WHAT YOU WANT. I'M GONE!" I didn't want to yell. I definitely didn't want to lose my temper.

So I left. I didn't know where to go or what to do. I didn't want to be alone but didn't want to be with anyone either.

So I did something that I knew I probably might regret. I went to the bar. And got drunk.

Yeah I had women throwing themselves at me but I didn't accept.

But what I wasn't expecting was to have 2 grown men help me out of the bar.

And who would be those two men? Well no other than Jamie and Jayson.

"I see you ran." Jayson said flatly.

I took a swing at him and almost fell if it wasn't for Jamie catching me.

"No you piece of shit. She kicked me out. Wouldn't even let me explain that you never said anything to me."

"But you left, you didn't fight. "

"What the hell are you all talking about?" Jamie asks confused.

So I said it all. Everything that Rochelle told me.

"Oh fuck." Jamie replied.

"Yeah and because of him she thinks I made her say everything as even if I already knew. Which I didn't." I shouted.

Just then Jayson's phone started ringing and he saw it was Amber.

"Hey babe."

"YOU STUPID MOTHER FUCKING ASSHOLE. HOW DARE YOU?" He moved the phone away cause she was shouting on the phone. "DON'T YOU REALIZE WHAT YOU DID?"

"Babe I didn't say anything to him." He was trying to plead his case just as much as I tried to plead mine with Rochelle.

They were fighting and she finally told him not to come back to their room. To find somewhere else to sleep tonight.

Ha! Deserves him right.

*Tyler.*

*Yes ma'am. *

I said to Amber after the phone was shoved in my face.

*What did my husband actually say to you.*

*Only that was I'm told I would leave and that I am not the man she knows or remembers. That's it I swear.*

*And you left her.*

*No Amber. She kicked me out. Literally pushed me out the door and slammed it in my face. I tried like hell to get her to let me explain what I just told you. But she didn't want to believe me.*

*Hmm. I believe you. *

*Thank you I didn't want to leave her. I wanted to talk to her. I want to be with her honestly. *

*Alright I will work on her. However it is going to take time.*

*Thank you*

* I can't guarantee how much time. But I will call in the other reinforcements to help. But in the meantime, you tell my husband he's in the dog house for a long time.*

So both Jayson and I were now stuck in my room with Jamie supervising us so we didn't kill each other.

I woke up the next morning with a splitting headache but still remember everything that happened from the night before.

I took some advil and took a shower after doing my morning routine.

Jayson had been sleeping on the loveseat and Jamie on the couch.

I turned on the wannabe coffee pot for them and heard groans as well. Jayson looked like shit. And truthfully he looked like I felt.

"What time is her game?" I asked.

"You think its wise to show up?" Jayson asked.

"Yeah. This way it will show her I'm not running. Despite what you may say or think."

"I agree with Tyler. If that is what she's afraid of. This will show her he's not backing down." Jamie agreed with me.

"She needs to know she has support and by damn I need her."

Jayson agreed saying he needs to confront her too, but after the match. That she needs to focus on that. Which I agreed.

The three of us managed to go to Jayson's room and then Jamie's to shower and change. Then drove down to the bowling alley that she was at.

When we got there and she was already bowling, as the match just started. We sat down next to Amber and that was a mistake. Amber got up and changed seats with Melody.

Jamie went and sat near her and she did manage to talk to him. Then he came back over to us.

"Amber can't believe you came here. She is both happy that you did but very pissed off at you Jayson. " Jamie said.

"I know." Is all he said.

I watched this woman, who has captured my eyes. She was beautiful both inside and out. My heart breaks for her. But I'm flattered as well that she dreamed of me. And now that one dream has turned into reality.

She just won her first match now she is in 4th going for 3rd.

You can see that she has lost some of her spark. She looks defeated. Her eyes are puffy despite the makeup she has on.

God all I want to do is hold her close to me. For her to know that I am honored and blessed.

The croward cheers for her and she looks around. Her eyes lock on mine and you can see the shock on her face. Then she sees Jayson and the look changed. Now she looks pissed. Not only at him but also towards me. But then she turns around and faces away from us.

I can see her intake a breath and her shoulders slightly shake. You can tell she had tears as you see her hands wipe her face.

"Shes pissed. " I said to Jayson.

"Ya think?" He said sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes at him and turned back to watch her once again.

"She's doing good." I said.

"She is but she's not. Look at her. She's making simple mistakes." Jayson said.

"But it looks like the other person is doing worse." I said to Jayson.

When the match eneded Rochelle won again. Now she's in 3rd going for 2nd.

But after that match was over she lost and stayed in third. She cleaned up her stuff and shook hands with the lady that won. She exited the area and Amber and the rest of us followed.

"Let's get out of here." She tells Amber.

"Rochelle." I called for her. But she kept walking.

When we cleared everyone and after she signed autographs we all ended up outside.

"Amber take me to the airport. I'm done here. And everything that that happened here." She said.

"Jayson catch a ride with Tyler and Jamie." Amber said.

Rochelle turned and saw Jamie standing there and went and gave him a hug. He whispered something in her ear and she shook her head no. Then placed a kiss on his cheek and thanked him for being there to watch her compete.

But when I or Jayson called out to her she acted like we didn't exist. Just got her stuff in Amber's rental and then they left.

My heart broke. It was like I had her then lost her all in one shot.

"Come on guys lets go home." Jamie said.

And thats what we did. We left.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

188K 3K 68
[COMPLETED] Because of a stupid hook up with the Dallas Stars Forward Tyler Seguin. Keya Grayston's plans was compromised. She got pregnant. She was...
14.5K 126 13
Your cousin's bachelorette party heats up when you run into a professional hockey player, Tyler Seguin. Are things going to be serious? Or are you ju...
2K 153 28
Two athletes of different sports both professionals. What will happen when they both meet? Could there be a relationship? Or would their jobs keep th...
80.2K 990 28
Tyler Seguin Fanfiction Story: When Daisy Winters friend, Tyler Seguin - a professional hockey player for the Dallas Stars - comes asking her to pret...