The Beauty Within the Moonlig...

By sleepypotato111

They are in their third years and it is almost Christmas once more. Todoroki despises this holiday. It remind... More

1•The Beauty in the Winter
3• Sweet and Spice
4• No Symphony for him
5• Not a bad day

2• Growing out of comfort zone

188 3 0
By sleepypotato111

December 2

The next day, Todoroki didn't appear his regular time. Instead he took his time getting ready. He was calm and collected this morning. It was special to him. The entire month would be special to him. He loved December. He loved the snow. But the only thing he didn't like about this month was spending time with his family; mainly his father.

His father has tried to admit that the way he raised his children was wrong. He even took his mother out of the hospital to prove his forgiveness. But Shoto is having a hard time trying to forgive him. Every time he see him all he can see way the way he neglected him for the smallest mistakes. He pursed his lips as he tried pushing those thoughts to the back of his head.

"Todoroki wait up!" A male voice yelled from a distance behind him. He turned around and seen his emerald green rushed towards him. Midoriya wore his favorite red, yellow, and blue scarf to keep him heated. His deep breaths visibly coming out from his lips. He inhaled deeply once more before speaking. "How are you doing?" Midoriya asked genuine while he brought his fingers to his lips and blew hot air in them.

"I'm fine. How are you?" Todoroki asked while glancing to the left at him. It's been awhile since it was just the two of them talking. They mainly see each with Asui, Iida, and Uraraka or after school Todoroki just goes straight to his room.

"I'm good. It's so cold this morning!" The boy shivered out. Todoroki glanced at him before activating his heat. Almost instantly, Midoriya sighed in delight as he felt the heat.
"Thank you, Todoroki." He said. His eyes were closed while he enjoyed the warmth given to him.

"It's not a problem." Todoroki accepted the gratitude and walked along them. The silence crept along with them, but it wasn't an awkward one. It was peaceful. Todoroki only listened to the breaths the boy on his left took. Sometimes the small breaths he took he could see the heat radiate from the cold. But he was glad he could help his friend. His first friend.

"So how come you aren't in class already? You usually are always the first one in class." Midoriya  announced, Todoroki almost jumped from the sudden noise but kept his composure.

"I take my time in the winter because I like to cherish the snow that falls each year." Todoroki replied while looking straight ahead. But he did notice from his peripheral vision his head slightly turned towards him.

"It's your favorite time of the year, correct?" Midoriya asked. His arms covering his torso from the cold. Todoroki was surprised that he knew that and as if he read his mind, Midoriya quickly said, "I've noticed how you always take your spare time to look outside when it snows. I seen how you fancy it." Midoriya summarized shortly. Todoroki glanced at the boy who seemed no it was nothing strange.

"Yes, I enjoy this type of weather. It.." He trailed off, almost letting out more than needed too. Midoriya examined him after he trailed off. He wanted to know what he was going to say but didn't want to accidentally push a sensitive subject. He knew about his family life. He's seen his father practically beg for forgiveness but Todoroki can't. He can't say he understands what happened to him because he never went through this experience. So if Todoroki can't forgive his father, that's his choice.

"Are you doing anything later after class?" Midoriya asked. Todoroki blinked before thinking. He thought of the things to do but nothing really interested him.

"Nothing really. What about you? Any plans?" He asked softly as he felt himself getting warm from using his quirk. Midoriya was quiet for a bit, most likely thinking if he had any plans.

"No, I was thinking about going to train a bit." He replied sheepishly. "I have worked on my black whip and it's improved a lot since last time. Assuming that if I keep focusing on boosting it I can be able to use it in distance combat." Midoriya muttered off. Then an enormous smile crawl on his face.
"That would be so awesome!" He laughed softly at the thought of next year, him being a pro hero and able to use his multiple quirks for saving lives. Todoroki hid a small smile of his best friend mastering his quirk.

They finally made it into the school. Todoroki deactivated his heat since he could feel the warmth inside the building. Midoriya sighed exaggeratedly as he walked along the boy. The rest of the to class was quiet, Midoriya kept silence, not bothering to keep a conversation or subject going. It was nice. They eventually made it into class where they seen a handful of people already in class.

"Hey Deku!" A chirpy female voice chirped. It was way to early in the morning of Todoroki to be that joyful but the snow kept him neutral.
"Iida and I were just about to go look for you." Uraraka said as she looked at his emerald green eyes before looking up at Todoroki's heterochromia ones.
"Hi Todoroki." She smiled at him as she gave him a little wave.

"Hello." He mumbled softly. Midoriya took off his scarf and immediately started talking to her. Todoroki kinda felt in the middle so he walked away and let them be. Uraraka and Midoriya used to date last year but they broke up because Uraraka wanted to focus on school and she thought it wasn't working out between them. But she did ask if they could remain friends. It was awkward once word got around with the two of them. The two seemed to be tense around each other. It was clear that Midoriya had not gotten over her that easy and was forced to forget all the time he had with each other. He remembered one time where Midoriya was near him and actually cried.

.
.

Todoroki and Midoriya were in the library studying, there wasn't an upcoming test or homework. But Todoroki knew Midoriya needed to clear his mind. Ever since Uraraka had broken up with Midoriya, he seems like he gets no sleep and he was always sad. Todoroki never really liked anyone romantically so he couldn't tell what he was feeling but from what he seen from Midoriya, it was rough.

Todoroki would pass glances at the boy. There was no life form in his eyes. It was like he was on autopilot, he's there physically but mentally he's gone. It was quiet, too quiet for Todoroki's liking. He was the one that brought them here. He suggested for them to study to try to his mind off her and feel better. Todoroki never really knew how to comfort people, it was a huge disadvantage for him in this situation. When he's down, he tries distracting himself in a healthy and unhealthy way. There was no really knowing what was going on in Midoriya's mind but he guessed it involved Uraraka. Suddenly Midoriya spoke.

"I know why you brought me." He said through the silence. His voice knife cutting through the tension. Todoroki stood quiet, trying to figure out what to say. He looked up at Midoriya and seen his glinting eyes peering through him. Todoroki kept a straight face, making sure he wouldn't fuck up anything. He hesitated once more before finally making up his mind and speaking.

"I thought you might want to clear your mind." Todoroki respond with. Midoriya held the same face. The air was thick around them. The two masking their emotions, seeing who would let their guard first.

"With school work?" Midoriya snapped. His voice sharp. Todoroki sensed his anger bubbling inside and he kept quiet for the sake of the getting yelled at.

"Apologies, I didn't know what you would want to do." Todoroki carefully informed. Midoriya held a glare at him. Todoroki ignored it by just holding eye contact with him. Todoroki didn't do anything wrong, it was just Midoriya bottling his feelings and they were about to erupt.
"Would you like to talk about it?" Todoroki asked cautiously. He didn't know how to comfort people, but he did know to listen to people. Maybe he could help him by just listening to him. Midoriya stood quiet for few seconds. Emerald green eyes peering through heterochromia. Then his eye contact broke. His eyes flickering around before looking down. Todoroki couldn't see his face and stood silent. Then he heard small sniffs. His expression softened as he saw the drops on the table.

"It was so unexpected.." Midoriya whispered. Todoroki placed his hands on his lap, waiting for the boy to listen.
"We had so many good times together, I thought we would be together for years. Silly of me. I was already thinking of when me and her were becoming pro-hero's." He let out a empty laugh, tears streaming down his face. He sniffed before lifting his head up to face Todoroki.
"I think I loved her."
His words stung him through his heart. Hearing himself say he loved Uraraka hurt. He knew he had to get over her. It seemed she was already over him. Todoroki didn't know what to say except listen. He listened to the small sniffs and whimpers. Todoroki hated the fact that he did not know what to do.

"D-do you want a hug?" The words left his lips before he could even process it. Todoroki was shocked by his own words but he did notice the sniffs stop for a second. Midoriya looked up at him. His eyes red and filled with tears that streamed down his face. His bottom lip quivering as he bit down. Midoriya knew Todoroki didn't show a lot of affection and the fact that he was offering a hug showed him that Todoroki would go this far for him. To get out of his comfort zone and hug someone.

Midoriya nodded. The two stood up from their chairs, Todoroki stood there awkwardly before Midoriya shuffled towards him and embraced him. Todoroki felt the strong grip from the smaller. He didn't know what came over him but Todoroki hesitantly wrapped his arms around him. Midoriya hid his face deeper into his chest and sobbed harder. Todoroki thought he could feel the tears seep through this shirt.
They stood there for a few minutes. The two embracing each other's hugs. Todoroki knew they were still in the library and people can easily walk past them and see them but nobody was there. Thankfully. The sobbing settled down as so did the sniffing. Todoroki felt his breath go back to normal. He loosened his grip around the taller and sighed softly.

"Thank you, Todoroki." Midoriya said softly, his voice hoarse from crying. Todoroki smiled softly.

"Your welcome."

.
.

School was finally finished and Todoroki started packing up. He grabbed his notebook and placed it inside his bag. He stood up and walked out of class. They had no assignments for today so the rest of the day was free for him. When he walked out of the building, small disappointment rose in him when he found out it stopped snowing. He took off his scarf and just let the cold hit him.

He knew this month was the most chillest. Most people didn't like it for that but they did like it for Christmas. That was the thing Todoroki didn't enjoy. Christmas was a time where he had to be with his family. He loved his family but he didn't love his father as much as he loved his mother and siblings. He tried being there in his second year but it didn't turn out good. In a short summary, Shoto and Natsuo didn't agree with something about his father which then caused Fuyumi to freak out. It was a long Christmas that year. This year he's planing on sleeping through it.

_________
Words 2012

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 26 10
Izuku Midoriya was a fighter. All his life that was all he wanted to do. Be a hero and fight to save people. But In the process he couldn't save hims...
36.1K 975 27
This is a story of my favorite M.H.A. ship TodoBakuDeku. We start at the beginning of there second year at U.A high. Deku an Bakugo have been see...
59.9K 2K 34
(I wrote this because it's Thanksgiving lol) Todoroki has been invited for Thanksgiving dinner at Midoriya's house. After a long evening with each ot...
49.7K 1.4K 22
It's been ages since you last saw the beautiful young boy you met as a child. He's been in your dreams since when you encountered him on one snowy wi...