Oil & Water

By Jokers_Kitten

Sequel to Wood and Ice. What happens to Rochelle now when she actually meets Tyler Seguin? Will she be able t... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12

chapter 6

17 3 2
By Jokers_Kitten

ROCHELLE

It's been a busy several weeks. Flying here and there. I forgot what this was like to be honest. Some events I did good others not so much.  And right now it's one of them bad days.

Now I know looking from the outside you are going to say how because I am currently seated 10th out of 50. And Friday's cut off is 10. So yes I am in the semi finals.  But everything just feels wrong.

My grip, approach,  just my entire game.

"Alright Rochelle, you are in for the semi final round tomorrow. See you here at 10a.m.." Ms. Connie advises me.

I tell her thanks and head off to the hotel. I just need to get out of here. And soon.

Just arrived.

Thanks Jay.

How did today go?

Top 10. But just everything felt off.

Ah shit. What hotel?

Carlton Room 191.

Haa that's funny.

Why?

Mine and Tyler's numbers.

Loads.

You still haven't talked with him?

No. Supposed to be sometime this weekend.  But that depends on him.

He needs to get over this.

Come on. How do think he's going to react when I tell him that while in a coma I was with him in a relationship when I never actually met him before? He's gonna run for the hills thinking I'm crazy.

Want me there for support?

Not yet. I think I will tell him about the accident first. Matt sent me a copy retracting my name completely.

And the coma?

I'll tell him about that too, just not about the dream portion. Not yet.

Ok.

I know they landed. They have a morning skate since they have a game tomorrow night. I promised Jayson I would go.

Amber is going to be here so that's good.  She's flying in later with my god daughter.  I miss that little nugget.

I took a shower and changed. And noticed that I had a message on my phone from Tyler.

Made it in.

That's good. Sorry for the late response.  Was in the shower.

Still wet?

Ok now that could be taken all wrong.  Lord please help me get my mind out of the gutter.

No dried off and dressed.

Oh. 😶Well uh can we meet?

That sounded like he was thinking the same thing I was. Ugh. Ranging hormones knock it off.

Yeah. Where?

Where you at?

Carlton room 191.

Hmmm. Like the last two digits.  Jayson's first though.

Never put that together.  🤷‍♀️

See you in a few.

I was in some short shorts, a tank top that had a built in bra, a sweater when there was a knock on my door.

Looking through the peephole I see Tyler and opened the door.

"Hey come on in."

"Thanks." He entered and looked around. "Nice room."

"Thanks. I guess. Uh can I get you anything to drink?"

"Water please. "

"Sure."

I got him a bottled water and myself a sweet tea. And made my way over to him on the couch. But making sure to leave enough space.

"What's up with the potato?"

"Huh?"

He pointed to my thumb. Yup. Call in a brain fart.

"Shit I forgot it was on." I said after taking it off and comparing my two thumbs together.  "Takes the swelling down."

"Really?"

"Yes really." I said finally looking at him. "Don't give me that look, it works ok. Don't believe me ask Jay. He's seen me do it so many times that I bet he does it too."

He shook his head. And took his eyes off of me for a while. You could feel the tension in the air between us. It was thick and I doubt a knife could cut through it.

"Tyler.  I want to apologize for my actions and for ghosting you."

"No. I'm not accepting that. "

"What why?" I need his forgiveness or this isn't going to work. He won't understand any of this.

Panic starts to rise and I can feel my heartbeat getting faster. But then he says something that makes me stop.

"I have to be the one to apologize.  You went through something and at the first sight of trust from your family I ghosted you.  And for that I'm sorry. " He said looking at me. "I'm sorry Rochelle. "

"Did... did..they...uh."

"Did they tell me what happened?"

I nodded. Not being able to get the words out clearly.

"Just that there was an accident. But nothing in detail. "

"Oh ok." I looked at my hands. Unable to find the words that I needed to say. Or didn't know how to say.

"Can you... uh.."

"It's hard. But I can show you. Matt made a file."

"I'd like that." He said gently moving his hand my way. Almost like he was afraid to touche in fear that I'd pull back.

I had the tv set and pushed play. I didn't know if I could watch this again. It was like an outer body experience.  And when it came to the part of the accident of me hitting that family's child, I left the room. 

I know none of this was my fault. That it wasn't me who caused it. But it was my car that crushed her.

I buried my head into the pillow and cried. 

I felt the bed dip and a gentle hand running along my back. "It wasn't your fault." He said continuing to rub my back.

He got up and I heard water running but it must be the sound of my own tears. Or at least that is what I thought till he sat back down.

He gently pulled me away from the pillow and wiped my face with a warm washcloth. And handed me a glass of water. "Small sips."

Doing what he said and calming down enough to talk I told him the next part.

"I I was"

"Take your time. Don't rush your words."

God who is this man. I swear he's nothing like the dream. But will he stay this way? Or will he run?

So taking a breath I begin to tell him. "After the accident I was told I was in a coma for a year. They didn't know if I'd pull through.  The doctors wanted to pull the plug. But Matt and Jayson along with Amber and Kennedy faught for me."

"I'm glad they did." He said as he caught a falling tear with his thumb.

He touch was light. To the point it sent chills down my body. Tyler noticed this and grabbed a blanket wrapping me up in it and pulling me close. I didn't have the heart to tell him I wasn't cold. That it was his touch that caused the bumps to pepper my skin.

He just held me. His sent was intoxicating to me. But I couldn't place the sent.

"I heard that when someone is in a coma they dream. Is that true? Or you don't remember?"

"No I do remember. When I came to and woke up, I was screaming for someone that my family didn't know. I kept telling them the person was real and should be there. But they looked at me like I had five heads at the time."

"Really?"

"Yeah and whats crazy is now I actually met this person and he's no where near what I though he was. Well at least not yet."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean." I pulled back from him and situated myself so there was distance between us.

"Rochelle."

"Tyler? Do you believe in fate or coincidence?"

"I believe everything happens for reasons we can't explain. Why?"

But just as I was going to tell him, his phone rang.  Seems like he had to leave.

"I'll walk you to the door." I told him.

As we got to the door he pulled me into him and held me. Like really held me.

I had tears coming down again.

"Hey look at me." He said manipulating my face. He wiped more of my tears. "We will talk again. I know there was more you wanted to say. But after what you did tell me, you need a break. I think there is all so much your cute little body can handle."

Did he just say I was cute? No I look like a damn train wreck.

"No Rochelle you don't look like a train wreck. And yes I said cute. Actually you're sexy as hell even with red puffy eyes from crying. "

"Shit I said that out loud didn't I?"

"Yeah baby you did." He smiled and chuckled.

"Stop laughing. " I said blushing at how annoyed I felt.

He gave me a lazy smile and pulled me back into him and this time I pulled the blanket around him too and held him.

"You're hugs are so warm." I said.

"Yours are too." He replied putting a kiss to the top of my head.

When he left I sunk into the couch. How does one even say, ' Tyler you are the man I drempt of when I was in a coma. You were the one I was engaged to and whose child I was carrying.'

My thoughts were interrupted with messages on my phone.

How did it go? What parts didn't you tell him?

Jay he knows I was in a coma and the car accident.  But not the dream. He got called away.

Yeah team meeting for something.  We will see you tomorrow.

Ok. Love you and love to my girls.

Love you too baby girl.

Then another message pulls up.

Just made it back to my hotel room.

Ok thank you for letting me know.

I thought that was the end of the conversation but it wasn't my phone started ringing

Hey.

Hey. So uh what time is your game tomorrow?

Noon. Have to be there at 10.

Oh. How many are games you playing tomorrow?

Six I think.

Really. Where you at now?

Now I'm in bed.

Haahaa smart ass.

Oh sorry. 10th.

But at least now I know I got you in bed. I can hear your bed voice.

Funny.

See got you to chuckle.

Listen Ty. I want to tell you. No need to tell you the rest.

Not tonight. You need to focus. This can be done another time.

But Ty.

Look, I'm gonna be honest. Not only is it a lot for you. But it is for me too. Don't get me wrong, I want you to tell me everything when you're ready. But also when I'm ready too. I want to really get to know you.

You.. you want to get to know me?

Yeah I do.

Oh.

Is that ok with you?

Yeah.

Ok good. But for now rest your mind. Just focus on this tournament. Ok?

Yeah. Thank you Ty.

No need to thank me baby girl.

Stop that's Jayson's.

Yeah felt off after I said it.

We both laughed on the phone.

That is a better sound to hear. Ok beautiful.  Now get some rest ok.

Ok. Ty, thank you.

No need to thank me beautiful.  I should be the one thanking you.

Really why?

Because you are entrusting me with some really important aspects of your life. And letting me in. Now get some sleep.

Alright. Good night.

Night beautiful.

The call ended. I felt somewhat lighter knowing that he wants to hear everything but at the same time understanding that this is a lot to process and it can't be rushed.

Saturday has now dawned its face and once again I am here at the lanes. Ready to get to work.

I've checked in with Jennifer back home and she ensured me that everything was running great. There hasn't been any major issues.

"Ready Rochelle?" Ms Connie asked me as I finished my Saturday morning paperwork for this event.

"Yeah."

"You seem better."

"A little." That was the truth. I'm still not 100% but better than yesterday.

I'm bowling on 7 and 8 today. And just from the few practice balls we were allowed to do, I can tell today is going to be a struggle.

I'm sitting down waiting for this to start when I hear my name being yelled out.

ROCHELLE!!!

As I look to see who it is, there are banners being waved. Amber, Jayson  and their daughter Melody wave at me. But along with them is Jamie and Tyler.

TITI!!!

I smiled and waved to my family and to my new friends. I'm not surprised with Amber, Jayson and Melody. But I am surprised to see Jamie and Tyler.

"Ladies your lanes are now on for scoring.  Good luck"

And so the semi finals begin. First several frames I am totally off. Timing was ridiculous.  I was there before the ball was. Causing me to force everything.

Halfway through the first game something clicked. And everything fell into place. Fished that game with a 225. Yeah don't ask, I don't know either.

But the next several games was good enough to have me seated 5th. Which means I come back Sunday for the televised event.

My first televised even in years. Holy shit.

I put my stuff away and brought it over to the tournament office. Liz and several othe women bowlers were congratulating me on sitting 5th.  We talked for a few more minutes before I joined up with my family.

TITI SHELLEY!!!!

Thi little brown hair blue eyed beauty comes running to me and I picked her up and spun her around.

"How's my favorite neice?" I asked peppering her with kisses. She's so full of life that my heart hurts for that family who will never see their daughter grow up.

"I ood Titi." She may be only 3 but she's an old soul.

"Good games sweetie" Amber says as she hugs me.

"Thanks."

"Nice job baby girl."

I smiled.

"Wow amazing games girl."

Hey Jamie. I give him a side hug still holding on to my nugget.

Then Tyler comes over to me.

"Looked good beautiful." He said pulling me into his side and kissing me on the forehead. 

But was stopped by a little voice.

"No sir. No issing my titi."

I heard the chuckles around me and went red in the cheeks.

"My apologies Little Miss." Tyler said with his hand over his heart.

"Woo are you?" Melody asked with a mean mugging face.

"My name is Tyler. Who are you?" He said holding his hand out to her.

She looks at me, then her parents, and says. "I don't alk to stanges."

"But you're talking to me now."

She covers her mouth and her eyes go wide. Myself and her parents are laughing at her expression.  So is Jamie and Tyler.

"Nugget. This is Jamie and this guy right here is Tyler. They work with your daddy. And are friends of mine too."

"I Melody." She says to me.

"Yes you are. But you're my nugget."

"Ok. But titi. If he your friend then why iss you." She says with her hands in the air.

Crap how do I answer that?

"I kissed her because I like your Titi. And hopefully she likes me enough to be my girlfriend someday soon. "

Wait what?

"Ok."

Is he for real?

He leans to me and whispers. "Yes I'm for real. And you really need to stop thinking out loud.  One of these days you might get yourself punished."

He kissed my neck and slapped my ass lightly. 

Holy hell I am in trouble.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7K 456 49
WYR: keep it easy or blur the lines? With one year left before Finley Shaw is off to medical school and the hardest year yet of her college educatio...
188K 3K 68
[COMPLETED] Because of a stupid hook up with the Dallas Stars Forward Tyler Seguin. Keya Grayston's plans was compromised. She got pregnant. She was...
136K 1.6K 50
When Braelynn Carter's boyfriend of two years dumps her, she thinks nothing is going to ever make her happy. That is, until one day she meets a ho...
2K 153 28
Two athletes of different sports both professionals. What will happen when they both meet? Could there be a relationship? Or would their jobs keep th...