Being a Valkyrie is not easy...

By Yonaka_Yuki

May contain spoilers! In-game story and own story line! An orphan girl with no memories finally gets the chan... More

1. New Valkyrie
2. Missions
3. Memories
4. Arc City
5. Starfall
6. Escape from the base
7. Thunders over Nagazora
8. As Thunders Filled The Sky
9. Meeting an Elf
10. Into the Flames
11. Training, Exploring and a Fight
12. Into the snake pit
14. Meeting a new Face
15. Exploring the Realm and Truths
16. Bearer of the Stars
17. A Magic Show
18. Old Memories
19. A 'little' problem
20. Babysitting a Herrscher
21. Back to Normal?
22. Elysium Everlasting
23. A bad Person...?
24. Doubts
25. Among us...
26. ...is a traitor.
27. Mistrust
28. Coded Lies
29. Because of you
30. Reunion
31. On the Moon
32. On the Moon (2)
33. A second Chance
34. In the Name of the Truth
35. Our Way back home
36. Dreams of the Origin
37. Toward a New Tomorrow
38. Beauty of this World
39. My Home, is with you
40. Where we belong
~Special: Character Designs~

13. Final Goodbye

219 10 0
By Yonaka_Yuki

~Yuki POV~

When we got back to the lobby, Mei helped me up to the couch. ,,So now that I'm safe, can someone explain it to me?" I asked. ,,I don't know the exact details either. Elysia and I were looking for you when we noticed that you were nowhere to be found. More importantly, how did you end up at Mobius?" Mei replied, crossing her arms. ,,It's simple, there was some weird scent on her message that knocked me out. Then I woke up and she made me fight so many Honkai beasts until my body collapsed. She had tricked me and said that I would either escape her with my Herrscher powers or face my bitter end," I explained.

,,What did you see before you lost consciousness?" Elysia, who was sitting next to me, asked me. ,,I only saw new Honkai beasts coming towards me. Why?" I answered. Mei seemed to understand Elysia's train of thought. ,,Elysia and I didn't find you anywhere near Mobius, so someone must have helped you," Mei explained. Now I was completely confused. ,,Well, whoever it is, we'll find out soon enough. But first, I have something for you, Yuki," Elyisa said before running off towards the war room. ,,Do you know what she wants?" I asked Mei. ,,She's probably going to get the bow she had made for you. But what I wanted to ask. You fought Kalpas?" Mei answered. ,,Not directly. I just wanted to have some peace and he was suddenly there. I didn't let him provoke me and ignored him, but he attacked anyway,'' I explained. ,,That sounds like him..." sighed Mei. ,,I'm back~'' hummed Elysia. And held a beautiful silver blue bow in her hand.

,,Is it really for me?" I asked, amazed. This bow somehow looked too good for me. ,,Of course~ Actually I was going to ask you if you had an idea for the look, but then I thought of the perfect design and now you have a bow that suits you," Elysia explained and smiled at me. I took the bow and thanked her. 

It's been a few days now since the incident with Mobius. She now also seemed to be in the lobby from time to time, which gave me a shiver down my spine every time. Every time she was there I stayed close to Eden or Elysia. Mei was off again on a mission outside. Apparently a Herrscher was spotted again and I was told to stay out of it. However, I used the time wisely and practiced with my bow.

However, there were two things that confused me. The first thing was that the Herrscher in me, who was still asleep. Somehow it was strange not to hear her anymore. I also knew that I had to think about a name for her. The second thing was that almost every time I trained without Elysia I saw Kalpas. But now he was the one who ignored me. Or at least he left me alone. Even though I wanted him to leave me alone, it bothered me. ,,He probably thinks I'm so weak that I'm not even worth fighting him again...'' I muttered bitterly as I drew my bow to aim. I inhaled and exhaled deeply as I released my arrow and it hit my target directly.

,,That was a really good shot~" spoke Elysia, who suddenly stood behind me. ,,Where did you come from?" I asked, startled. ,,From the lobby." Elysia answered playfully. ,,Haha, very funny. Is something wrong?" I asked. ,,Mei wants to talk to you. And she looks even more serious than usual. It's really a pity that she never really smiles.'' Elysia replied, pulling me along. ,,Hey Elysia, can I ask you something?" I started. ,,Of course, that's what I'm here for.'' ,,What does it mean when Kalpas ignores someone?" I asked. ,,Hmm... Good question. Usually he always rejects people in his own way and defeats them in battle. Why?" Elysia explained. ,,I don't know. When I train here alone, he sometimes comes by, but he doesn't say anything and seems to ignore me," I answered, sounding like an idiot. I really don't know why it's bothering me so much.... ,,This really doesn't sound like Kalpas...'' Elysia pondered. ,,But don't worry, I will talk to him!" she added with motivation. ,,What?! You don't have to!" I said quickly to change her mind, but it was too late.

As soon as Elysia and I arrived in the lobby, a giggling Mobius walked past me. ,,Mei I found Yuki~'' Elysia greeted and pulled me through the lobby. ,,Thank you Elysia," Mei thanked me. Elysia nodded and left us alone. ,,So what's up?" I asked calmly. ,,I want to take you somewhere. It's about something you should know." Mei explained and she looked... exhausted. ,,Are you really okay?" I asked worriedly. ,,More or less...'' Mei admitted.

It was strange to walk through the tunnel again which led out of the Elysian Realm. I had even forgotten the fact that everyone there is just a simulation. Yet they all felt like real people. I didn't even notice that we were already outside the World Serpent HQ. Only when Mei's dragon appeared in front of me did I realize it. ,,Are you sure I can go?" I asked, a little intimidated by the look of her dragon. ,,Of course. Kurikara won't hurt you," Mei assured me and held out her hand, which I took. When I sat on Kurikara, I got a strange feeling in my body again. ,,Was that Benares before?" I asked. ,,Yes, how did you...?'' ,,I still sensed some emotions though weakly, but they are still the same as in Nagazora.'' I explained. Mei nodded and turned forward again. When Kurikara lifted its wings, I quickly held onto Mei before we were high in the air.

It was night when we arrived at our destination. Mei asked me to wait briefly at Kurikara, because she still had to get something. While I waited, I sat down on the grass and looked up at the clear sky. Cautiously, I noticed that Kurikara was nudging me. Hesitantly, I raised my hand and stroked the dragon's head. It seemed that Kurikara was relaxing and I continued to pat the dragon. ,,I never thought I would pat a dragon in my life..." I murmured smiling. When I heard footsteps in the distance I stopped patting the dragon, who snorted in response and stood up. To my amazement, Mei had a bouquet of flowers in her hand. ,,What are the flowers for?" I asked, confused. ,,Let me show you," Mei answered calmly. A little nervously I followed her. After a while, we came to a stop in front of a marble table, which was standing open here.

Although it was dark, the moon gave enough light to see that there was a broken greatsword on the table. My blood seemed to freeze as I recognized the colors. Around the sword were flowers, a picture, a bottle of wine and the container Kiana had always carried in Arc City. ,,Is that...?" I asked in shock. Mei nodded and stood next to me before bowing slightly. ,,I'm sorry, Miss Himeko. I'm sorry to come to you almost alone at a time like this.'' Mei began. ,,I've always honored you teachings. They enabled me to stay true to my choices. You told me how to protect another and follow through my life. And I did exactly that.'' Mei continued.

,,I'm sorry, too, Miss Himeko. I couldn't become as strong as you always believed me to be. Nevertheless, I also thank you for your teachings and your advice when I thought I was nothing but a burden to the others." I began and my tears started to run down my face. ,,Even if my path now continues without you, as you advised me, I will continue to give everything, no matter how hard it becomes. I will fight for the beauty of this world becomes like you and we always wanted it to be," I continued and wiped away my tears. Just like Mei, I bowed slightly. ,,Thank you, Miss Himeko. It's was an honor to be your student.'' Mei und I said. Mei and I put the bouquet of flowers on the tables and left the place again.

On the way back to Kurikara, Mei took my hand. ,,Yuki-chan, you are not a burden." said Mei. ,,I know. Miss Himeko almost tore my head off when I said that. When I was so new to St. Freya, I panicked about disappointing you. Since I came from Schicksal, everyone thought that I was super strong. And that in turn caused my panic towards you guys.'' I replied. Mei and I smiled at the thought. ,,I also want to apologize to you, Yuki-chan. For not helping you with your Herrscher powers and leaving you alone.'' Mei continued. ,,It's okay, Mei. I know you don't have it easy either. You are looking for answers and I can't help you because I am looking for answers myself. The only thing we can do is help each other when we need to.'' I explained. ,,You have changed too." Mei remarked. ,,Have I?" I asked. ,,You are much more mature now. And you have gained a stronger will." Mei explained. ,,Thank you, Mei.''

When we got back to the Elysian Realm, the lobby was completely empty. ,,Apparently, even Sims need to rest,'' I thought surprised. ,,We should rest too," Mei said. ,,You can go to sleep. I don't think I'll get a wink of sleep today, not after earlier," I replied. ,,Okay, but please don't overdo it," Mei reminded me. ,,Don't worry, I'll find a quiet place and do some training. Maybe I can sleep then," I explained. Mei nodded and then went in the direction of the rooms.

I was back where Elysia and Mei had found me. The big tree with the yellow golden leaves and the light wind here had something calming. Before I started training, I sat down under the tree and pulled my legs to my body. I still couldn't believe that Miss Himeko was gone. She was always so kind to me and encouraged me so often. And I could never give anything back. Crying, I buried my head in my arms. It was really naive of me to think that we could all go back to the old days. After a short time of organizing my thoughts and calming down, I lifted my head and my gaze landed on the bow that Elysia had given me.

I took the bow in my hand and stood a little away from the big tree. Even if no enemies appeared right now, I could at least practice aiming. 

I didn't know how long I had been training, but I had already managed to use my Void Lances as well as my bow. As soon as I had pulled the bowstring, I summoned the lances and aimed both at my target before releasing my arrow. ,,Hah... As good as it is that I'm getting some practice with the bow. The void lances really suck power...'' I muttered, breathing out. ,,Why the hell are you here at this hour?" asked a threatening voice behind me. ,,I could ask you the same question. Don't your flames need a rest, Kalpas?" asked back and hoped he would not notice that I had cried. I really wasn't in the mood for him now. All I got as an answer was a pissed off snort.

,,I could so easily finish you off now and no one would come to help you," Kalpas began. ,,So what? You'd just end it in the middle like before, because you won't finish it because you think I'm weak," I countered and wanted to pass him. But he held me and before I knew it I was pressed against the tree. ,,What is your damn problem?" I asked, almost screaming. ,,My problem is that Kevin is apparently so crazy that he is already sending innocent girls here,'' Kalpas answered me and his grip on my arms tightened. ,,If you mean me, then you are wrong. I am anything but innocent. I have been trained as a Valkyrie for over 10 years and a year ago I started fighting against the Honkai. I've seen honkai eruptions, I've seen people get hurt, killed, and I've lost an important person a few hours ago. So don't call me innocent!'' I declared, staring at him furious.

,,You probably lost that person because you are so weak," Kalpas said, most likely to provoke me. ,,You are right. I was too weak and could not do anything. But I am not giving up because of that. Even though she's gone, I want to make her proud,'' I replied, clenching my right hand into a fist and summoning my void lances at Kalpas. ,,And if you don't let go of me right now, I'll spear you,'' I threatened and let the Void Lances fly towards us. But Kalpas did not move. I felt the temperature rising between us and my lances did nothing to him. He started laughing again but let go of me. ,,You are really an interesting Herrscher. It will be fun to break you someday," he laughed. 

,,Hmph, we'll see about that, dumbass.'' I replied.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70K 2K 19
A What If Timeline from my other Honkai Story in which the Captain dies and reincarnates once again. A young boy with a sword, traveling alone with...
62.3K 1.5K 21
Shiroi Kaslana is the adopted Son from Siegfried Kaslana and the Big Brother from Kiana Kaslana. He was the child of Sigurd Kaslana, his father, and...
45.9K 819 23
Jaune, once aspiring to be a hero, faces a harsh reality when his transcripts are made public, leading to a series of unfortunate events. Betrayed by...
14.1K 490 41
Benares also known as Bella was about to drown herself at the frozen lake as she is about die from battling Shub-Niggurath, a mysterious girl saved...