Oil & Water

By Jokers_Kitten

Sequel to Wood and Ice. What happens to Rochelle now when she actually meets Tyler Seguin? Will she be able t... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12

Chapter 5

22 3 2
By Jokers_Kitten

ROCHELLE

It's now time for the King of the Lanes and everything has been running great.  So much so that I am afraid something is gonna happen.

"Welcome to King of the Lanes. We are here at Wayward Lanes in Lakeland, Florida. It has been a busy week and some of the bowlers are having a hard time adjusting to the lane conditions." Randy stated.

"That's true, Randy. But it seems several have been able to adjust." Rob Englehower stated. "Also seems lime there are several other professional athletes are here in attendance too."

I haven't been paying much attention to anything since I need to sit close to the front. I much rather deal with paperwork but being the proprietor of the establishment I have to.

I have never been able to sit on the sidelines.  But here I am.

The camera points over to me and I smile and wave. I have a mic and earpiece on so the broadcasters can interact with me and the competitors as well.

"Rochelle thank you for having this held here. We have heard that you had such a busy time the past two months. Care to share what's been going on. " Rob stated.

"Thank you Rob. It's been a honor to host some of the most amazing events. We had the WPBA Senior Ladies here and after that a charity event that was tied with the NHL."

"That's was a great event.  And it seems some of the NHL players from the Dallas Stars are here as well tonight. Gentlemen welcome." Randy stated. 

Wait some are here? Who?

I wanted so much to ask but then I heard their voices.

"Thank you Randy. Myself, Tyler and Jayson are welcome to be here to watch this amazing event."

"Jayson seems that you are friends with our lovely proprietor and with Kyle."

"That's right. Rochelle and I go back a long way. And I met Kyle from some of Rochelle's tournaments."

"Tyler what brings you along this evening?" Randy asks.

"Well Randy, during the charity event,  myself and Jamie met Kyle and became friends.  So it's good to come out and support friends."

"Rochelle you got to bowl during that event. And seems that you bowled a perfect game and mentioned that you're going back." Rob asked.

"That's correct.  Ms. Connie, of the WPBA, and I had a long conversation one day and now it's time."

"I  know this can be a touchy subject, but how are you both mentally and physically?" Randy asked.

"I'm good." It's all I wanted to say. But I know Randy's style he will keep pushing.

"So everything from the accident and being in a..." He tried to continue but Kyle cut him off.

"Seriously Rochelle, what kind of oul pattern did you set up here. It's horrid. " Kyle pipes up. Even though he is seated first.

"Awe Kyle, I don't know what you're talking about. Looks to me like you are doing just fine on your own."

"That may be but it's still lousy."

"Then I guess you need to be a better bowler."

"Oh it's like that now huh?" He says laughing. "Care to show me how it's done then?"

I mentally thanked Kyle for doing what he's doing.  I will just have to tank him later.

The games continued to go on and I got messages from Jayson telling me to remind him about thanking Kyle  later.

You ok beautiful? You seemed stressed when talking to the commentators earlier?

How do I tell him no I'm really not ok. I hate when people bring that up.

I'm fine.

The last match was over and Kyle won the King of the Lanes. It was my job to present him with the Crown and cape.

He looked like a goof.

"Thanks for deflecting Randy for me." I said as I hugged him.

He smiled. But tapped my ear and I realized I was still miced up. Oops.

I had my pictures taken with some of the competitors from this tournament,  along with some of the sponsors.

I was standing next to Tyler, Jamie and Jayson when Randy stood in front of me.

"Really Rochelle, that was a bit uncalled for don't you think?"

"No not really. This isn't about me its about the tournament and that is what we should be focusing on." I said in a clipped tone.

"Well you are the one going back after that accident.  I mean oeople are gonna want to know if you can be there or even drive. You are able to drive right?"

"Alright that's enough Randy. Go find someone else to insult." Jayson said as he stood in front of me.

Randy just looked at him then to Tyler, Jamie and Kyle as they stood around me. He then turned and walked away.

"You ok?" Jayson asked.

"No." I chocked out.

"Tyler get her out of here. Jamie come with me."

Tyler put his arm around me and led me to my office to get my things then to my car.

I tried not to cry really I did. But the shit Randy said just about got to me.

Tyler seemed to notice this as we got situated in my Jeep. To the poi t he got out and walked back over to the passenger side and opened the door. He held me in his arms. And it was then that I broke down.

"Shh baby. It's ok." He soothed as he ran his hand gently up and down my back.

"I can't go through this again Tyler. I can't."

"I'm here baby. I'm right here."

My sobs eventually gave way and we managed to start driving. I put my address in his phone and layed my head back.

I didn't realize I fell asleep until I woke up screaming. And Jayson was there beside me.

"Shell, you're home. You're safe."

"Where's the... Oh my God the... he's gonna hate me.... please don't tell Tyler I lost it." I was crying out.

"Shelley."

"No please Jayson. Please promise me." I was crying hysterically.

"Tyler call Matt now!"

Jayson got me to calm down and I fell back to sleep.

Tyler

That Randy guy really rattled her. She didn't seem lime herself. 

Her screaming and crying broke my heart. What the hell happened to her?

Jayson told me to call Matt and I did. Now all we could do is wait.

"She's finally asleep." Jayson said as he walked into the living room where Jamie and I were at.

Matt came in a few minutes later and had this worried look upon him. "Where is she?"

"Sleeping." Jayson called out.

"What the hell did you do?" He looked at me.

"Hey it's not his fault. Randy." Jayson said as he came in between us. Jamie was right there next to me.

"Fuck! That piece of shit." Matt said as he raked his hands through his hair. "What the hell did he say to her?"

"Wanted to know if she was mentally and physically ready. And something about an accident." I said.

"Look let's sit." Matt said calmly.

We sat down in her living room and Matt and Jayson told us that a couple of years ago she was in a car accident.

You could tell there was more but they left it at that.

Jamie, Jayson, and I had to leave and told Matt to keep us updated.

Hey beautiful, we all made it back home safe and sound. Get some rest.

I haven't hesrd anything from her. Jayson on the other hand has been talking to her and he keeps trying to get her to call me.

But she doesn't. 

He said to give her time and that she will come around.

So that's what I did. I gave her space. Sure I would send messages here and there.  And I knew she read them but she never responded.

****

Several weeks went by and we just finished practice.  It was brutal. My body has never felt more sore.

Just as I was finishing getting dressed my phone buzzed with a message. Checking it, I almost dropped my phone.

Hi

Is all it said. And the number was from Rochelle.

I didn't know if I should respond or not. Jayson's words kept replying in my head, 'Give her time she will talk.'

"You alright man?" Jamie asked.

"Yeah. Just sore."

"Still checking to see if she'll message you eh?" He looked with sympathy. "Just message her Segs."

"Nah. If she can't make the effort to me then it shows me she doesn't want me around."

I knew I was lying but weeks later and today of all days she sends me a message.

I didn't want to tell Jayson that she finally messaged me but not sure if I should.

As I got home and got me something to eat after letting the dogs out my phone buzzed again.

Tyler can we talk please.

I left it under the read and left it. I know its wrong but I just couldn't just talk to her yet. In fact I wasn't sure if I wanted to talk to her at all.

I'm sorry. Please.

I shut my phone off and jumped in the shower. The water felt good on my muscles. I stayed there until it got cold and got out.

After drying and getting redressed, I let the dogs back in. 

I'm busy. Don't know when I can talk to you.

I know that was wrong. But I didn't want to talk. Well, I did but I couldn't. Call it my pride.

The next day we had a light practice since we had a game that evening.

I was going to fly home the next day so I had to make sure I was packed.

The game was good. We won but to me it just felt like an empty win. 

"Segs, come on we are going out to celebrate." Chubs called out.

"Nah. Gotta pack."

"Ty, seriously lets go out. Get your mind off of things." Jayson said.

"Fine." I grumbled.

We went out.

As we walked in to the VIP lounge, I see her sitting down at a table. Great.

I tried telling them that I wasn't feeling it but they dragged me.

"Hey girlie. You look good. What brings you here?" Chubs said to her.

"I have a tournament this weekend. You guys did good tonight."

"Thanks." Chubs said.

"Hey baby girl." Jay kissed her on the cheek.

I shot daggers at him. I knew this was a ploy and I fell for it.

"Nice hat trick, Tyler." She looks at me.

"Yeah thanks." It was empty and cold.

God I'm acting like a dick.

"Look guys I would stay but I have to go. I don't want to wait to the last minute and pack."  I said as I stood up.

Jamie and Jayson nodded and said for me to have a safe flight.

"You're leaving?" She asked.

"I'm heading home."

I put some money on the table and left.

"Tyler wait up." I hear Jayson call out to me. He grabbed me by the arm and spun me around.

"What Jayson?"

"What the fuck man? She's here and you are leaving.  I know she has tried to call you and message you. Why haven't you called her back?"

"And say what? Listen to what?"

"She's trying man really. It's hard for her."

"Look just let me go. My flight is early tomorrow and I need to finish packing. "

"Yeah fine. Whatever."

Damn I hated myself right now. Like truly hated myself.

I went home and finished packing.  Feeling like a dick for what I did, I picked up my phone and sent a message.

I'm heading home for a few weeks. I will chat when I get back.

I'd like that.

Just after that message came through another buzzed in my hand.

Jayson and Jamie told me you were flying jome to Canada.  Have a safe flight. Good night.

What do you say to that? Thanks? Ok?

Nope instead I sent her this...

I will message you when I land. Good night to you as well.

My flight came and it was anything but good. There were several women trying to get me to sleep with them
And what did I do? Told them No and that I had a girlfriend.

A girlfriend. 

I got to my parents place and layed on the bed.  I grabbed my phone and sent her a message.

Made safe.

That's good. Flight ok?

No.

Want to talk about it?

We need to talk about a lot of things. But it will have to wait.

Ok.

Ugh. Why is it so hard to talk to about this?

"Tyler come help."

"Coming mom."

It's gonna be a long several days.

And that is exactly what it was. I sat down and talked with my mom.about Rochelle. She said I needed to get my head out of my ass and talk to her.

So that's what I am trying to do right now.

Hello.

Hey Rochelle.

Hi Tyler. Did you make it home ok?

Yeah. Infact I just walked in.

And you decided to call me?

Yeah. I sighed. I want to apologize for the way I acted that night.

It's ok. I deserved it.

No you didn't.  I was an ass when you were trying to reach out to me.  And I let my ego get in the way.

Really it's ok.

We talked for a bit and I told her that we were gonna be on the road for a couple of games. And she told me that she was too. Infact we both had games in Vegas at the same time. So we were going to meet up with each other then.

Alright wellI need to get some sleep. I'm flying out tomorrow afternoon.

Alright.  Get some sleep, Rochelle. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.7K 1.8K 38
*book two of the Counting On Hockey series. Read Just Another Goal prior to this book* Meredith and Cole are going into their Senior year of high sch...
53.6K 405 41
She meets a hockey player. She falls in love. He doesn't know what he wants. Distance separates the two. Will it push them together?
2.2K 19 12
RIGHT THING WRONG TIME | TYLER SEGUIN originally posted on tumblr @baevillier (2021) summary: Y/N's sister, has been dating dallas stars hockey playe...
187K 3K 68
[COMPLETED] Because of a stupid hook up with the Dallas Stars Forward Tyler Seguin. Keya Grayston's plans was compromised. She got pregnant. She was...