What is love?

By xXLeonetXx

A young man by the name of Dimitri and his brothers in arms travel this vast fantasy world. With extraordinar... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 25

3 2 0
By xXLeonetXx

    Many things have happened since the last time Luke and the others were together at the tour. They have grown so much, they have learned and even seen many new things. Things they never thought they would experience during their lifetime. They have seen true war, they have seen pain, they have seen love. It all led up to this last moment, the moment that will declare if they had experienced it for nothing, or if they deserved it. No matter what happens, Luke will make sure whatever is down there will not come back up, no matter what.

He jumped into the portal first as he saw everyone start to jump right behind him. As they started to go in, they all felt the same thing. They felt their bodies moving and pulling on their own. It felt as though their bodies were ripping apart, until they were shot out the other end. Luke almost fell from the weird feeling, and looked up as his men followed. He saw the castle from before, but this time it was right in front of him. That wasn’t the only thing that stood in front of him, there was also an entire army. An army that made the one that attacked look like nothing. All the Defynors looked at them confused, as more men were coming through and they finally realized what was going on and they charged at them.

“Everyone protect the portal, we must make sure everyone can get through safely!” Luke shouted, as he pointed his sword towards the Defynors.

His men lined up with him as more came through they did the same thing. As the army ran at them Luke then yelled and ran at them. With his men by his side, they were able to hold them off long enough for more soldiers to come through so they can start to push the beasts back. As they tried to push them back, they saw giants walking over to fight them off. As they got closer, Luke grew nervous as his men couldn't kill the giants with just swords. The giants drew closer and before one of them could slam its arms on his soldiers, he saw multiple arrows get shot straight into its skull. When the beast fell, Luke turned behind him and saw the Kirren army coming through the portal with their archers. He saw as the general came through and threw his spear into another giant and his swords men came rushing through.

They were able to hold off the overwhelming army that was continuously bashing into them. Although things seemed fine, the numbers were getting through and were able to take out some of Luke’s men. The amount of Defynors were more than they could have ever dreamt of. As more soldiers came through they were able to push the beasts back enough to make more room for the rest of the armies. When things started to get rough and they were barely able to hold them off, Luke ripped through as many of them as he could trying to hold off. Luke started to lose energy from the Defynors that were non stop rushing at them. As he almost fell over in exhaustion, he saw the Defynors get tackled to the ground with ease as the Royal Guards and the Entity Soldiers started to finally flood through the place. He pulled himself back up and shook his head as determination filled him and he charged with the others. They finally began to push them back and were able to tear through the army trying to get as close to the castle as they could.

Watching his men fight as hard as they could reminded him of how hard Dimitri would go when doing his missions or even when he was just training. Luke knew they had to keep pushing, as he grunted and jammed his sword straight through one of the Defynor’s heads and ripped it apart as he ripped it out of it. He looked around to see what to do next as the generals walked next to him and smiled.

“Defynors, they seem so strong, yet they can’t even handle an army a hundred times smaller than theirs. Pathetic,” as the Capital General said, laughing.

“Wait, this isn’t all of them?” as Luke said, the generals looked at him
confused and one of them asked, “what do you mean that isn’t all of them?”

“The last time I was here, I remember seeing these dragon-like beasts and where did that one giant beast from before come from,” as they began to realize that they haven’t seen any, they began to look around concerned.

While they tried to look for the beasts they hadn’t seen yet, they heard loud roars near the castle. As everyone looked over, they saw about six of those huge beasts that Annabelle had killed and they all began to rush on over with no reaction to the arrows that were shot towards them.

    “Luke! You have to get to the castle and find their leader. If you are able to take it out, then maybe this can all end right then!” one of the generals shouted at him.

    “What about you all?” Luke asked concerned and they quickly answered, “don’t worry about us, we will hold them off. Take some of my Entity soldiers to help fight with you.”

    “I’ll be back as soon as possible, I promise. You three come with me as well,” as he accepted and got a few of his own men.

    As he and seven others followed to the castle, they watched as the beasts collided with the rest of them. They couldn’t see what was really happening, but it seemed as though they started to struggle against the Defynors.

    “Come on everybody, we need to get there as fast as we can. Let’s go!” he then moved past them and dashed towards the long staircase

    They ran as fast as they could and when they got to the bottom of it, they saw Defynors coming down trying to stop them. The Entity soldiers quickly took out the ones close by and as they did so, one of them looked behind them and pointed. Luke turned around and swiftly dodged the sword that flew past him and thrusted his sword straight up in the Defynor’s stomach.

    As they saw hundreds rushing over, the Entity soldiers called out, “go sir, we will fight off the Defynors that try to come up and stop you!”

    “Thank you,” he said, quickly turning around and rushing up with his men, taking out anything that got in their way.

    When they got to the top of the stairs, Luke noticed a hanging walkway more up the castle where he had a feeling it might be at. He took his men and him and ran even more to the top. The castle-like place seemed so odd the way everything was built. It didn’t look monster-like, but more man made. It had houses and stores and other little places all around, as if they were back at the capital. But before Luke could get caught up on the buildings, he shook his head and they finally made it to the walkway and he was right. There was a man-like creature that stood up about ten feet tall but besides its tall figure, it also had an odd look. It didn’t look like a Defynors at all. It had tough skin and also didn’t have a mouth. Its eyes were human-like the way they were shaped, even its body seemed human. And the armor had a far different style to it and as Luke looked at it, surprised, it finally clicked.

    “Diedens,” Luke said as his eyes began to fill with fear.

    He realized that the creature that they are seeing was the same species that the book talked about. The species that was overwhelming in power against the Humans and the Defynors. But why is it here, ordering the Defynors what to do.

As he tried to think, the creature spoke in a deep menacing voice, “well, well, well. It has been a long time since I have seen Humans up close. Do you remember me? Of course you don’t, you weren’t born at the time,” the thing chuckled as it looked at them like they were nothing.

“You are a Dieden,” as Luke called out it looked to him, surprised.

“So you do remember? How splendid. Although I would love to talk to inferior species, I have work to do. So if you're not here to attempt to kill me, then I would like your filth to vanish from my site,” it said in an angry tone and started to look away.

“We are here to kill you, and it won’t be just an attempt,” as Luke yelled out the Dieden clench its fists and turned to them once again.

“This will be fun then,” as it said, getting positioned and sprinting straight to them punching Luke as hard as it could, denting his armor with its bare hands.

Luke flew into a pillar nearby and started to cough out blood from the impact. The Dieden looked at the other three as they drew closer giving Luke time to recover. The thing tried to dash past one of the men, but he was able to cut through the thing's thigh. The creature fell on its knee and looked at the blood and wiped it across its face. It roared aloud and ran straight into the soldier as it bashed the soldier closer to the edge and it walked over to him. The other soldiers ran to help, but the Dieden grabbed the man from his arm and leg and pulled as hard as it could, splitting the man in half with his armor. The thing then tossed the legs down and threw the upper part to Luke as it tried to intimidate him. Luke stood up as he saw his man dead and looked at the other two and nodded. He then sprinted straight to the Dieden as the other two went its sides. The creature backed up a bit and as the three came at him at the same time, the thing slipped back and targeted Luke. As he ran towards Luke, the other two swung their swords, slicing through its skin and grabbed Luke by the neck.

It looked over to the other two and said, “if you want your leader alive, then I request you leave now.”

Luke’s men hesitated, as they didn’t want to get him killed and they both ran to the thing. The thing let out an annoyed grunt and through Luke to the side, as it jumped back from the two and slammed its hand into one of their heads. The soldier immediately dropped and the other soldier ran over to the side trying to give Luke some time. Luke quickly grabbed a sword that one of the soldiers dropped and sprinted to the Dieden. Before Luke could get close, the thing grabbed the soldier by the head and crushed it like nothing. Luke yelled in anger and the Dieden quickly turned around as Luke jumped at him. The thing quickly slammed Luke back and before the Dieden could say anything, it coughed out blood. It looked down as Luke got a good shot into its chest. It started to fall back, trying to get away as Luke limped over and grabbed his sword.

As he got closer, he grew a ruthless face and said, “this is for Dimitri. And this is for taking everything he loved away from him.”

Luke jabbed the sword into its side and he quickly twisted it and pulled it back out.

The Dieden looked at Luke in fear as it spoke one last time, “my fall is only the very beginning to what is to come.”

It started to smile and laugh as Luke yelled and kicked it off the ledge. As it fell, it screamed and the Defynors turned to watch as the Dieden fell to its death. The big beast began to roar as they quickly ran away and the Defynors kneeled to the Humans.

Luke overlooked the place as they had finally won, he let out a tear as he whispered to himself, “we did it Dimitri. Your love is safe now, you can finally rest. Thank you for your strength.”

     After 3 years had passed, the world had slowly moved back into peace. In a world where Humans and Defynors lived in as neighbors and as their own. They had learned that the Defynors were enslaved by the Dieden after the time they had left. They couldn’t beat him because they weren’t the ones with the armor and they were too afraid. Luke had become the new King of the Capital as Annabelle stood by his side helping rule over the lands. Annabelle ended up having twins - one boy and one girl. Their names were Dimitri and Dina. They lived their lives without a father, but saw Luke as their uncle that they could look up to.

“Dimitri! Dina! Come on, let's go see Daddy,” Annabelle said as the two little ones almost three years of age climbed out of a wagon.

“Where's Daddy?” Dina asked, almost falling over her brother.

“He’s over here, come on?” as Annabelle took their hands, she looked up to the tower where Dimitri’s adventure had first begun.

“Wow, it has been a long time since we had been here,” Emil said with a big smile.

“It truly has been a while,” Edwin smiled back, smacking Emil’s back.
“Come on you two, let's follow Annabelle,” Luke said, shaking his head, chuckling.

They all followed Annabelle and her kids over to the beach where there was a stone. The stone read.

In resting memory of the rightful king
Dimitri Iden Roy’via
219.316.10 da- 240.272.8 db

The stone had his name, as well as his date of birth and death. Dimitri lived 21 years of his life. It may have started horribly, but those he ended up with gave him joy in a life of despair.

“Say hi to Daddy,” as she grabbed Dina’s little hand and gently motions it to wave.

“Hi Daddy!” Dina shouted as Dimitri glowed a big smile and waved as he shouted, “hi Daddy!”

Annabelle smiled as she waved at the stones and began to cry. She fell to the floor as the two went up to his stone and began to talk to him. Luke rubbed her back as he smiled and whispered, “hey friend.”

The four of them watched the kids talk to Dimitri’s stone as the sun began to set.

Love. A word so manipulated, so torn, yet stands so precious. This is love, Dimitri. Love is the bond between those you care about, the urge to protect and care for even when they are gone. Love is something you don’t control. Love is something you naturally feel towards those you hold dearly to yourself. But another kind of love is the love towards that special someone, the love you feel towards them no matter what. Sometimes they don’t feel the same way, sometimes they do. But no matter what, you would support and treasure them above everything else. That is Love Dimitri, I love you. And I always will.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76 6 13
A child, who was an offspring of an Angel and a Demon and born in the Abyss, which caused a great war between Angels and Demons, was sent down to the...
11 0 23
love story about two young people in their 20s who meet through their friends but they go through various challenges along the way that ultimately he...
105 18 12
After getting hit by a truck, a unsucessful twenty four year old dies and is reincarnted into a fantasy world as an infant baby boy. Given a second c...
23 0 8
Two fated rings bind the fates of two loving souls, driving them on a quest to restore the peace they had once known. Written for yogurt (found at yo...