Masked |H.S|

By verygucciharry

๐ƒ๐ž๐š๐ญ๐ก ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐š๐ฒ๐ฌ ๐ง๐จ ๐ ๐š๐ฆ๐ž๐ฌ, ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ง๐ž๐ข๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐๐จ๐ž๐ฌ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž. "Y-you want to kill me?" "No... More

| Introduction |
| Prologue |
01 | Spooky Silhouettes
02 | Suspects and Witnesses
03 | Questions and Answers
04 | Break and Enter
05 | Loud and Clear
06 | Sign and Receive
07 | Regret and Revenge
08 | Safety and Tasty
09 | Trick and Treat
10 | Sweat and Blood
11 | Rum and Coke
12 | Aches and Pains
13 | Search and Rescue
14 | Takeoff and Landing
15 | Kiss and Tell
16 | Hot and Bothered !
17 | Truth and Dare
18 | Pain and Sorrow
19 | Tea and Coffee
20 | Spit and Swallow !
21 | Box and Whisker
22 | Cherries and Berries
24 | Pretty and Pink !
25 | Tease and Torture !
26 | Swords and Shields
27 | First and Foremost !
28 | Faith and Future !
29 | Drink and Drive
30 | Hard and Hateful
31 | Confirm and Deny
32 | Turmoil and Torment
33 | Top and Bottom !
34 | Beerbongs and Bentleys
35 | Command and Control !
36 | Ship and Sink !
37 | Bold and Beautiful
38 | Party and Play !
39 | Snitches and Stitches
40 | Quick and Painless
41 | Wet and Wild !
42 | Crash and Burn
43 | Toss and Turn
44 | Creases and Ends
45 | More and Less
46 | Run and Hide !
47 | Put Up and Shut Up
48 | Down and Dirty !
49 | Cake and Ice Cream
50 | Gag and Gasp !
51 | Past and Present
52 | Beck and Call !
53 | Lock and Key
54 | Vile and Vicious
55 | Demand and Supply !
56 | Death and Despair
57 | Protect and Serve
58- Part 1 | Safe and Sound
58- Part 2 | Slow and Steady !
59 | Life and Death
60 | Styles Synthetics
| Epilogue |
| Final Author's Note |

23 | Walk and Talk

8.9K 194 444
By verygucciharry

To refresh any memories I suggest revisiting chapter 11<3

Halfway through trying on the dress, there's a knock that startles me from the outside of the changing room door.

After taking a picture of the number written on my arm, I spent two minutes rubbing the ink off my skin. It's very, very red right now but it got off.

"Esrin, I have to take a call. Might be a while, shop around and I'll find you when I'm done," Harry states, his voice slightly muffled through the door. I hear him walking off harder and I think that was intentional so I could hear him leave.

Looking at myself in the mirror, I hated the look on my face right now. It reeked of disappointment in myself.

If I had thought smarter at the moment and let Lennie put her number in my phone instead of writing it on my arm, I wouldn't have stopped Harry and maybe this wouldn't be happening.

Swallowing down the guilt, I went along with my day because I needed it. Pretending that things are alright is how I survive. Plus, I really did need to buy stuff.

The positive side is that I rather have him leave me than be under one of his interrogations about the number written on my arm. Even if I didn't he probably have picture memory and track it down the moment I deny to answer any of his questions.

Not long later, I managed to get everything that I needed and attempted to call Harry but he wouldn't answer. So I returned to the spot where he parked his car and there he was, sitting inside. One hand clutching the steering wheel and the other holding his phone as he belts out words, his face twisted in anger.

His eyes land on mine and he lifts the phone, tapping the screen I assume to end the call. He drops the phone and then Harry is bolting out of his car.

Without even asking or anything, he takes the shopping bags out of my hands and filled them into the backseat. He runs around the car and opened the door just in time for me to get in.

When I'm seated inside, he shuts the door and walks around the front. "I'm sorry for leaving," he tells me as he's buckling his belt. "It's fine," I didn't mean to sound as cold as I did. He doesn't believe me, I can see the guilt locked in his eyes.

"I really did have a long call, I can show you-"

"Was it because I said to stop?" I blurted out. Of course, I'd think that. Especially with my past experiences. I can't help but wonder that he couldn't deal with the dismissal. "No! No, no, never," Harry clarified without any hesitation, grabbing my hand that was sitting on my lap.

"We stop whenever you want to, okay? I don't care if it's at the beginning, middle or end. I will stop. And it's fine, just like today. It's fine," he assures me, calming my mind and bringing my palm up to his lips for a kiss in the middle. I think he's perfect. He has to be. Does he know how much that means to me? Will he ever?

"And it's the same for you," I stated. "If I do something you don't like or if you want to stop whenever then we will. And it's fine," I assured him too because consent works both ways always. Harry's eyes soften just like mine did and he nods his head.

"We're not obligated to agree with each other every time we want to...be that way," his voice is quieter, holding our hands to his lips. I want to hug him. I don't want to ruin this. He's perfect.

"Be that way? Who's being shy now?" I teased, using my other hand to poke his cheek. Harry swats away my hand and rolls his eyes. "Who says you could roll your eyes?" I continued, poking his nose now.

"Don't forget who's in charge around here, Rin," he warns casually, not being serious about it. "Hm...maybe I should remind you soon," I say, the idea of having control over him makes me excited.

Harry doesn't let go of my hand, he takes our interlocked hands on his lap and leaves it there while he drove. At the two stop lights we get, he drags me into a random conversation and would sneak over a kiss on my cheek or forehead, grinning afterwards.

When we're back at his house, he opens my door and then rushes to the backseat for my bags, taking them all out and he doesn't let go of them until he drops them on my bed. "That will be five dollars," he holds his hand out, flatly telling me the price for his kind service.

I tiptoed, grabbed his face and messily scattered five kisses across his cheeks. "Thank you!" I swung my door shut and I hear Harry mutters something along the lines of 'you're lucky you're cute' as he stomps away.

For the first time, I fill the space of the closet in room I currently occupied. The room feels so much more different now that I actually used the space as mine. Now that I no longer have to cautiously use my products, I do a full nighttime skin routine.

After showering, I changed into the comfortable silky pyjama set that I bought today. Now sitting on my bed with my phone in my hand, my finger hovers over Louis' contact. At the back of my mind, I've been thinking about my Jeep and now that I'm ready to go to sleep I figured I'd give Louis a call.

Hopefully, he answers this time. And he does after the second ring. "Hey, I was supposed to call and let you know that you're Jeep is safe with me and already in steady recovery," Louis shares, sounding chirpy.

"That's good, thank you," I pretended to sound as happy as I can. I was happy and relieved about it but my mind was too occupied to honestly sound like it. "Have you reported what happened?" Louis asks me hesitantly.

I inhaled, wanting to avoid this question but I can't blame him for asking. "No, I don't want this to be a mess," I answered after a while. "Alright, guess that means I can't say anything?" he assumes correctly. "Yeah, thanks Louis," I smile, admiring that he doesn't give me a tough time about it.

"No problem, Green Tea. You get a family discount by the way," he mentions. "As I should," I joked but knew I'd end up tipping him more than his cost. "When will it be ready?" I ask and he hums. "No idea, tell you tomorrow," he shrugs off.

Louis and I say our goodbyes and when we hang up, it finally dawned on me that there was one last phone call that I have to make tonight.

Flicking back to the picture I took, I dialled her number and my hand hovers over the call button longer than it did with Louis. Just one phone call and that's it. I took a deep breath, filling my lungs with as much air as possible and then slowly exhaled through my mouth. I don't know if that helps with my racing heart but I'd like to think so.

After the third ring, nearing the fourth I was about to hang up when someone picks up. Holy-

"Hi," I spoke into the phone, anxiously waiting to find out if this was a silly prank or not. "You called," I hear the relief in her voice. "I...thank you," it's her. That's really her voice. I don't say anything because I'm shocked but mostly because I don't know what to do.

"I know I said to call but...I want to have this conversation with you in person," she blurts out. What. "I want to do this the right way, is all but if you don't want to meet with me then it's fine," she quickly adds. I pinched the bridge of my nose, can't believe that I'm asking," where?"

"Stepping Stones Kindergarten..." her voice is hesitant as she says it. "Kindergarten?" I blurted out, repeating. "Yeah...I'm a teacher there," she explains, cringing with an awkward laugh.

"I can be there for a few minutes during my lunch hour," I suggest after a sigh and that's the most I've said so far. Swear something has to be wrong with me. "Yes!" She beams through the phone.

"That's great, thank you! Thank you! I know I don't owe you anything so I appreciate it," she admits. With the way she talks, I believe that she has to have a good explanation for leaving me at the bar that night. What are the odds that we found ourselves back to each other in the same city?

I don't reply and she goes on," I have to go now but I'm really happy you called," Lennie confesses and then she hangs up. My phone is abandoned on the table beside the bed and I crawled under the blanket, welcoming sleep with very wide, wide open arms.

Monday morning, the beginning of a brand new week. I know it's going to be stressful, especially with planning for that Christmas party and I should definitely start involving myself with what's going on with the penthouse. Still haven't gotten that damn box.

I take my time getting dressed this morning and I don't waste any of it going outside. Mostly is it to avoid Remi, yes. However, nearing the time for me to leave, there's a knock on my door.

When I opened the door, I'm met with a relieved looking Harry. "Was worried you were gonna be late for work," he reveals, scanning me up and down. I turn around and walk into my room, hearing him follow. "Made you breakfast and tea, packed it to go," he continues. Gosh, my heart.

"Today doesn't sound like a breakfast kind of morning," I say, pretending to be unaffected. "It's always a breakfast morning, Rin," he corrects me and I can feel his stern eyes at the back of my head.

I don't reply, leaning into the mirror with my lipstick in hand, ready to put on the final touch to complete my outfit. "Wait," Harry says and takes the lipstick tube out of my hand, placing it down on the countertop.

"Can I borrow a kiss?" Nothing about the way he says it is as if he's asking. He's more like taking. "Only if you promise to give it back," I answered. Then with both of his hands, he holds my face and tugs me towards him, his lips crashing down on mine hard.

My knees already felt weak. Damn it, the power this man has over me. My hands scrunched the thin material of his top, tugging him closer to me, my lips parting just as his tongue sneaks out past his lips.

"G'Morning," Harry mumbles against my lips. Smacking his lips for a quick kiss once and twice before he decided he's had enough. He's grinning like an idiot, staring down at my wet lips. He blinks twice and takes a small step back as if to lessen the hazy feeling of us.

He glances at the lipstick and then grabs it. "Lemme put it on?"

I don't entirely doubt that he'd mess this up seeing as he watched me mess around with makeup back home. He even got annoyed one time and claimed he'd do it better than I could. Still to this day, I haven't admitted that he was right.

So, I jutted my chin out, my lips waiting to be painted. He's so concentrated as he first lines the shape of my lips and then fills in the space with the wand. "Fuck, I want to kiss you even more now," Harry curses as he steps back so he can see his completed work.

I turn to look in the mirror to see that he actually did a perfect job. "We should start looking for kiss-proof lipsticks although I don't mind when you mess me up with them," Harry suggests, grinning at his lovely idea. "You know those don't exist right?" I teased.

Harry shakes his head," sure it does, given it might be a little difficult to find it but that's perfect to me. Means I get to kiss you more," he's got the perfect plan in his head and is clearly proud of the idea.

I hum, nodding my head along as if I totally agreed with him while my hands locked around his neck, playing with the ends of his hair. Wait till he finds out that kiss-proof lipsticks are just normal smudge-proof lipsticks.

"Don't know which I prefer seeing my lipstick on your lips after a kiss or on your cock when I suck you off," I admitted casually, smirking when I see him stiffen and his hands on my waist grew tighter.

I watched as dark lust swims through his eyes. Harry gulps, those green oceans are stuck on my lips and I don't think he can stop even if he wanted to. "How about you demonstrate both right now, might help you decide," he offers.

"Tempting, tempting offer however. I should get going. The car should be waiting outside for me already," I turned around so we were facing each other now. Harry's dark eyebrows furrow and my thumb itch to smoothen the lines made between them. "Why can't I drop you to work?" He questions.

"Never know when you're busy or not," I shrugged my shoulders, grabbing the stuff that I usually take with me to work. Truth is, I didn't want to bother him. What if he's actually busy and has to reject me? I don't allow him to reply, I'm leaving and when he follows me outside, I'm already out the front door.

Did I manage to grab the breakfast and tea in a to-go cup he left me? Yes, yes I did.

When I arrive at work, I head straight to my office. Taped against my desk is a yellow sticky note that never fails to make me smile whenever I see a new one every day.

You're a story worth reading.
- L.

The message Louis leaves me makes me laugh because of how much I don't believe it. Nevertheless, I think it over and then added it to the rest. I start with work right away, knowing that I'd be away at lunchtime.

An hour before our lunch break I meet with Seth and Louis to discuss more arrangements for the party after Zayn filled in what was needed over the weekend and gave me it this morning. Louis was sad to know I wasn't eating with them at lunch but I said I'll make it up by doing dinner another night soon.

When lunch finally comes around, my driver waits downstairs and I go. The car drops me off at Stepping Stones and in front of the school is a parking lot filled with cars.

Straight ahead from the main door is a clear way meant for vehicles to reverse or drive to the exit gate. I stand there, near a lone tree and to my right is a parked van.

I don't realise I'm biting around my nails until the area starts to burn and I pulled my hand away from my mouth. I frowned when I look down at my hand, noticing the roughness around my thumb. Along with my nails that definitely demanded some attention.

Guess it's safe to say that I'm nervous about meeting Lennie. I'd been waiting outside the building for about two minutes and already messaged her that I was there.

The door opens and my mind decides to torture me by slowing down time. I'm relieved and disappointed both at the same time when it isn't Lennie who walks out. Instead, the figure is much taller and broader than hers.

A small pink backpack is thrown over his shoulder and in his arm is a sweet, little girl which whom he's chatting away with. She plays with his chestnut hair, using both of her tiny hands to mess it up. The guy holding her scrunches his face and she only erupts in a fit of giggles.

I can't believe my eyes.

I almost don't believe that it is Niall but there he is, real and right in front of me. He's beaming at the little girl even though he's pretending to hate the way she messes up his hair.

Just to my luck, they're walking in my direction. Niall mindlessly takes the keys out from his front pocket and presses the alarm for his vehicle and the van next to me sounds, signalling that it's unlocked. Perfect.

I stand at the side of the van and Niall doesn't even realise that I'm there, too busy buckling up the little girl in the car seat.

"You have a daughter?" I finally decided to ask when he shuts the door and is walking around the back. The question notifies him of my presence and the shock is obvious in my tone.

Niall flips around, lips parting when his hurried blue eyes land on me. They dropped for a split second and when his eyes are on mine again, he just nods.

"Does your little girl know daddy is Death Hood's lap dog?" I wondered, the words just flying out without thinking. I was just teasing him but I'm so convincing that he thinks I'm being serious.

"Leave her out of this, okay?" He demands with a defeated sigh. I don't say anything, just looking at him and that's enough for him to think I wasn't going to listen to that.

"I swear to fucking God if-"

"If what?" I cut him off, tilting my head to the side. Niall shuts his mouth and the anger seemed to vanish. "Say it," I commanded, loving the power he gives me by looking so...nervous. Niall swallows, flicking his eyes to the car. "Nevermind," he mutters and I grinned.

"Give me a break, why don't you? You and Harry are besties so you've got no reason to be like this with me," he flatly says, his stormy blue eyes glaring at me now, his hands at his sides in fists. He switches emotions fast.

"Oh come on, Niall. You know this has nothing to do about Harry," I corrected him, my eyes narrowed as my throat tightens from the mention of that night. This was the first time we're acknowledging it but it's been hanging over my head like a fogged-up picture and now, it's clear.

His eyes dart away, bouncing around everything to avoid mine. "I'm sorry," he mumbles softly. I don't hear him because he's a huge reason why I'm in this mess in the first place. I don't deserve any weak apologies so I ignore them. "Speaking of Harry, does he know about what happened two years ago?"

"No, he doesn't," he swallows down the knot in his throat, his eyes trying so hard not to flick away from mine because of the tension. "Goodbye," he adds and then walks off around the van, getting into the driver's side.

I step away so he can reverse out as he drives off, I notice someone standing beside me. "You know him?" My head turns to the side, seeing Lennie's staring at Niall's van as it disappears out of the compound. "Mutual friend," I answered. Lennie just nods and doesn't follow with more questions. She starts walking ahead and looks back at me.

"Thanks for showing up," she laughs and then starts to walk. "You mind if we walk and talk? It's better," she wonders and I nodded, falling into the same step as her.

Behind the school building has a massive field with neatly cut grass, a paved path which we were walking in and around the entire thing bordered by flowers. In the centre of the field are tall trees that provide shade for the kids that are currently under there sitting on sheets.

"I'm married."

I'm caught so off guard from watching the kids that it takes me nearly twenty seconds to actually register what she had said.

Those two words had blurted out of Lennie's mouth and she was already watching me to see my reaction. I stopped in my step, so taken aback seconds later.

"Was! I was married," she quickly corrects herself with widened eyes after seeing my shocked reaction and noticing her mistake. "Are you sure?" An eyebrow of mine lifts at her. She nods her head repeatedly. "Yeah, I got divorced six months ago," she reveals. Oh, so it's recent. "What happened?"

"You know how men are," her eyes rolled, her voice distasteful as she recalls the memories. "It's such a long story, I don't want to trauma dump on you..." she side eyes me," but basically for years he was a manipulative little fucker and he was quite good at it. Made me believe that it was impossible for me to be lesbian because I was married to a man. As if someone's sexual orientation isn't fluid."

"What a dick," I bluntly say, already hating this unknown man. Manipulation sits with the worst of them all. "You're divorced so that means..." I trailed off and she nods her head, confirming the rest of my sentence even though it was never said.

"Tell me about it. And yeah, I stopped being his trophy wife and cheated on him with his manager- who is a woman by the way," the memory brings a big smile to her face. "That is the very, very short story. Honestly, I think only my therapist knows the entire story," she realises.

"Well, I'm happy that it worked out for you. And that you've been talking to someone about it...must've been a lot to go through," even just imagining it, I know that's an understatement. Lennie nods again, agreeing. "Recovering from that felt like trying to get out of mud that only sinks you deeper the more you try but eventually I did."

"I've been focusing on myself since it happened, working on things that I was restricted to in that marriage because it wasn't just my sexuality. He was the only one allowed to have muscles and apparently, it's insulting for me to get rid of my long her," she explains with distaste.

Lennie's body is built well, shaped with muscles that know she worked hard on. Her hair was short, an inch or two past her pierced ears and I can't imagine her with long hair.

"Those things were easy to work on. Accepting who I am wasn't...isn't. When we met I was so into you, ready to take you home and everything. I didn't mean to lead you on and flee when things got real but...I wasn't ready. I thought I was but I wasn't."

She takes her eyes off me, looking ahead which happened to be the sky. "Messing around with his manager was easy because I was doing that for revenge, for my way out but with you, it would've been for me," her voice is softer. Doing things for me never really works out.

"After that bar, I told my therapist about it and it's something that I've been working on using her advice. Think I'm ready to try again," she smiles. I'm so proud of her.

"I'm sorry, I really am. When I saw you yesterday, I was unprepared and just got a panic attack because I saw someone that looked like my ex-husband. I know I told you so many...excuses but-"

"It's okay and it isn't excuses to me, I'm happy you told me so thank you," sure, I don't know the whole story but it's never easy to tell a stranger- or anyone- something personal.

For the next thirty-five minutes, we walked around in circles on the paved path around the field simply talking. Actually getting to know her more and I realise that if Lennie becomes my friend, she might just be the first one that wasn't a matter of a coincidence or that it was forced.

Louis, as great as he is, became my friend because we worked together and got assigned to do things together often. Remi and I shared several classes plus we were roommates. We had to get along together in order to live together and the bonus was actually liking each other's presence.

When my lunch break was soon to be over and both of us had to get going, she walks me back to the parking lot where the car was already waiting for me.

"Go out with me tonight," she blurts out, stopping me from entering the car. I turn back and look at her. "We're on a roll, aren't we? Meeting each other yesterday and then again today, see me later. Let me take you out somewhere."

"I'm not looking for a hookup right now...I'm already..." I didn't know how to finish that sentence but thankfully, I didn't have to. "No! It won't be like last time, let me make it up to you. I won't try to take you home either. Even when we're not drunk we get along well together...I don't want to waste that," she admits and I completely agreed with that.

"Okay. I'll text you," she's so pleased and excited by my reply that she squeals with a wide grin on her face. I got in the car and quickly, the driver takes me back to work. He's a hired private driver- Jelan-and before he drops me off anywhere, I send him the cost. His name reminds me of Jello.

He'll be with me until Wednesday which is when Louis says my Jeep will be fixed. When I'm back at work, I started the next things that needed to be done for the end of the week and I decided to take a little break.

I messaged Lennie and after five minutes of discussing, we plan to do something simple since it's a weekday and we both have to be up early tomorrow as well. She doesn't put it up for debate, demanding that she picks me up after hearing my vehicle was at the mechanic earlier.

For the first time in the past few workdays, I don't stay overtime.

Jello drives me home and I bolted to the door, it was already being opened and didn't even think before I did it. Didn't have time to prepare myself to face Harry and Remi who was clearly talking in the kitchen before I entered.

I can't ignore the guilt that I feel anymore when I see Remi for the first time since my little outburst. It needed to be said, maybe more so I don't know why I have the urge to apologise like crazy and tell her it was all a mistake.

She's still in her police uniform so I assume she just got off work too. Her eyes unintentionally find mine and Remi looks away first and I finally move, taking off my shoes and then walking into the house, leaving my bags and folder on the centre table.

Harry is leaning into the corner of his L-shaped countertop. He looks cosy, in grey sweatpants with a plain white T-shirt. Cosy and very, very hot. "How was work, ladies?" Harry asks before taking a long sip from whatever is in his tall glass. It looks like chocolate milk, I remember seeing it in the fridge too. "Good," Remi and I vaguely say, accidentally at the same time.

An awkward look passed over Harry as his eyes flicks back and forth between the both of us. Neither of us is ready to talk about it, I guess. Then, I remembered the more important part of today. Time waits on no one, as we know so I can't avoid it much longer.

Even though it's none of their business, I should tell them. Okay, I only want to tell Harry however I think it would be much easier to do in front of Remi. Then I can avoid all of his questions, I don't even know how he'll react as well and he can't convince me to stay.

I don't know, it was fun messing around with Lennie. If she didn't ghost me, I wouldn't mind doing it over again. Girls are a lot more different than guys and I find my preference leaning towards them however, right now...there's just this one guy. Who I'm currently looking at.

Harry doesn't have to know but he definitely will find out if he notices I randomly leave the house in a few hours. Plus who else would I call if I'm ditched again?

"I'm going out with a friend tonight," I stated, breaking the uncomfortable silence the tension blessed us with. Harry looks up at me, he pauses drinking and just stares at me. Remi doesn't even react much less take her eyes off the ground. Harry flicks his eyes at her and then back to me.

"A friend?" Harry repeats and I can't really decipher the way he says it. "Yeah, we're just going to catch up," I answered. Harry's tongue traces circles on his inner cheek while he just glares at me, showing emotion because he knows Remi isn't looking. He may not say it but his body language is a dead giveaway.

"Is it alright if she picks me up here?" I followed up, the awkwardness of it all was choking me. "Oh, yeah...that's cool," Harry nods his head. He has me convinced for a second or two. "Great even," he mutters coldly after.

"Alright, well I'm going to get ready," I stated, needing to subtract myself from this equation. I walk backwards out of the kitchen and then bolted to the room, needing to get into the shower since I needed to shave everywhere.

No lie, it takes nearly two hours to take my makeup off, shower, shave, do my skincare, put on my outfit and then I sit in my bathroom to apply thin makeup that hides any tiredness.

The outfit I chose was a black leather skirt much shorter than the ones I wear for work paired with a red top, my hair was left open and I plan to wear my black heels with it. Strolling out of the bathroom, definitely not expecting to see Harry standing in the middle of the room.

"How did you get in here?" I questioned, my hand over my chest from being surprised by him. Harry dangles a chain in front of my face, one that had a key pendant. "Every lock in this house is very different but somehow, only this key can open all of them," he reveals, staring at the key so amazed.

Then his eyes flicker to me, the corners of his mouth tugging up in a bright grin. "Couldn't help myself," he shrugs his shoulders. I look behind them at the wide door that he left open. "You're getting careless," I flatly say, walking past him to close the door before Remi could've noticed. Harry grabs me by the upper arm, halting me.

"She left, sprinted out of here," he shares and now I wonder where she was off to. The only time she leaves would be to hang out with her friends and one of them is currently standing in front of me.

"I'm going out too," I reminded him just in case he forgot about that detail. "On a Monday night, so unlike you. She must be special," Harry clears his throat. I see the bothered look in his eyes, I see the words he wishes to say but he doesn't.

"lt doesn't mean anything, Harry. As I said, we're just catching up," I clarified. My eyes softened at him, hand wrapping around his wrist and my thumb mindlessly drew imperfect circles on his inner wrist.

Truth is, I don't know if it means anything. Guess tonight I'll find out if I'm actually interested in her but I can't say truthfully right now.

"I don't care," he says firmly and if I didn't know him as much as I do, I would believe it. "You can do whatever you want, with whoever you want," he adds to his statement. Just because he's jealous doesn't mean I have to cave in. "And I will," I stated firmly.

I want to go out with her and I will.

Harry firmly nods his head. Then his eyes drift down my body slowly and when they're on mine again, they're softer than the hardness he tried to maintain when looking at me. "You look-" he starts, the vulnerability heavy in his voice.

The rest of his sentence is never finished, interrupted by the ringing of my phone. She must be here. When I grab it and read the caller ID, my thoughts are proven correct.

"She's here," I say out loud and shoved my phone into the cute little purse I paired with my outfit. "Let's go meet her then," Harry smirks wickedly with that glint in his eyes to match.

As he bolts for the door, I attempt to push him out of my way many times but he's too tall and with all that muscle on him, he's made of steel at this point.

I huffed and accepted that there was nowhere out of this. While he unlocks all seven of the locks on his door, I slide into my black pair of high heels. I'm a mess of emotions but mostly nervous while he throws open the door. When did the seconds get longer?

"Oh, I'd recognize that awful style anywhere," Harry bluntly says the moment he lays his eyes on her. Her style isn't awful at all, she uses colours to express herself in the outfits she wears and she looks damn good doing it.

"You're the asshole that left her alone in that bar," he states without a question about it. I try to intervene, stepping forward and when my mouth opens, Lennie steals the opportunity.

"And who are you?" her attitude changes, already turning defensive and glaring at harry. He smiles widely and held his palm out as if he's offering her to shake it. "The one that didn't leave her in the bar," he answers," it's not nice to meet you."

"Alright, that's enough," I managed to intervene and swatted Harry's hand away. He hesitantly takes his eyes off Lennie and when he does, I notice his shoulders release tension a little bit. "If she ditches you again, call me yeah?" He's genuine about it but still throws the comment at Lennie at the same time.

I stepped outside, past the threshold and looked back at him.

"See you later, Harry."

I don't realise what I've said until his face falls, void of any emotions. My heart already starts to race off as a thousand memories rushed through my mind.

I haven't said those words in ten years. Harry and I developed a special dialogue we'd say every time we would leave each other and I just said my half of it without even realising it.

Harry swallows and softly, he finishes it. "Don't be late, Esrin."

Then he slowly and reluctantly shuts the door, I watched as he disappears behind it. When I heard the first lock twist, I turned around with a happy smile plastered on my face, pushing away the emotions surfacing.

Lennie looks so perfect, I finally look at her properly. Dressed nothing like the way at the grocery or Stepping Stones and the first look of an eye, she seems more confident this way.

The sweaters, cardigans and long sweats are gone. Here are black jean shorts over leggings paired with a thin colourful long-sleeve top that shows off her lace bralette underneath.

Her purple flat shoes match her purple makeup. I've never seen someone make that shade of lipstick look so good. Her raven hair remains open because I don't think it's long enough for her to tie it, barely meeting her shoulders.

"I look pretty, I know. I can see it all over your face," she jokes, giving herself a little twirl. "Your assumption is right," is all I say, entertaining her. "And you look hot as always, I might want to take you home if I look at you too long," she casually says. Oh.

"Joking, joking. Let's go," she assured me with a laugh, putting me out of my misery. Her hand grabs mine and she drags me to her car that sits in the driveway. Surprise, surprise, it's a purple Honda Civic.

Inside is so fun, everything is so colourful. The seats and the steering wheel match in rainbow-coloured covers. Around the interior of the car, she hung leaf garlands and there are cloud charms hanging from the roof of the car.

"Hope it isn't too much," she nervously says. "No, it isn't. I love it," I assured her. I've never seen a car with so much personality.

On the drive, she forces me to tell her about my day at work and even more about working at Malik Creations. In return, she tells me about the colouring activities she did with the kids for the rest of the school day. I noticed that she definitely seems more comfortable and open than earlier. Great sign for me.

Lennie takes me to a place called the 'Center Plaza' and when I asked what was it, she told me it was something that I just had to see not be told. She was right.

Art. Displayed on the side of the streets was art everywhere. I'm not just talking about beautiful sketches or paints on a canvas, yes there is that too but stages were set up for musical and dance performances. Music genres and cultural dances I hadn't even known of.

Safe to say, it amazed me and I don't think I'll be able to forget what I saw there and how it felt to be in that environment. Something to remember it by as we left, I bought us these handmade, gemstone bracelets that I already slide around my wrist.

Then we decided to check out a restaurant near there. The place was busy when we managed to get in, with loud music that I can only hear her when she was close enough and dimmed lights. This place is confusing, there's so much going on but I love it. There's a bar that's mostly occupied then the restaurant section and then lastly, was the stage where an unknown performer was singing a cover of a soft rock song.

Red spotlights from the stage would spin in our direction, hitting her beautiful features. Our table is secluded and we had to sit close together so I can actually hear a word she says. "So, kindergarten?" I started after we both ordered pasta.

"Yeah...the world is so cruel and I definitely needed some kindness so I stepped away from engineering and applied to be a kindergarten teacher," she explains, gesturing with her hands and then slurping Coca-Cola from her tall glass. "You?"

I don't like to answer this question. Almost everyone freaks out and it annoys me to the fullest. "Oh, I'm just an assistant at Malik Creations until I'm ready to find something more solid," I answered. Wait for it. Her eyebrows lift the second I said that company's name. Wait for it.

"That sounds solid to me, loads of people would kill to be there!" She nearly shouts over the music, looking at me as if I was crazy for saying that. There it is. "It is, it is but I see myself somewhere else. Don't know where but not there," I shrugged my shoulders, saying it with honesty.

Even with the dimmed lights around and above us, I see her eyes softening. "Yeah, I understand that." I can see it when the moment dies, the thought flashing in her mind like a light bulb turning on and it makes her smile sneakily.

"So, I take it that angry English man is your boyfriend?" She wonders, pretending to be innocently curious. The title she gives him makes me laugh. "Not my boyfriend, he's...it's complicated," I didn't want to say the cliche line but what better was there? "Such a shame," she sighs," a pretty girl like you is wasted on 'it's complicated'."

If it's Harry, I don't mind.

"Cheers to that," I say instead and clinked my coke glass with hers. When the food is here, it's a sad disappointment that it's the worst pasta we've ever tasted. To the point that we can barely finish three bites. We order a portion of fries instead which we share while watching the performance of another singer.

Lennie apologizes a million times for the poor food quality and on our way back to the car, we stopped and had tacos from a food truck that were possibly the best tacos I've ever had. On our way home, I told her to stop at a little milkshake stand and bought us two chocolate ones.

Stopping in front of Harry's House I realised that it's been a while since I had so much fun. Tonight felt freeing after everything that has been going on. "Don't be a stranger, yeah?" I tell her because I'd be quite lucky to have a friend like her.

"Wasn't planning on it," she admits and I smile upon hearing that. Her hands played with the ends of my hair. "Missing yours?" I joked, referring to her long hair even though mine isn't that long. Lennie scoffs and dropped her hands," never wanted it in the first place."

"Okay, I should go before the neighbours start to wonder. Call me when you're home," I say, picking up my purse from my lap and sliding it on my shoulder. "I will, I will, bye-bye Esrin," she starts her car again and then I'm out, waving at her as she drives off.

Walking up to his porch, I retrieved the key from my purse. Holding it in my hand, my finger running over it. This is the same key Harry gave me when he visited me earlier this week at work along with the chocolate covered strawberries.

I pushed it through the hole and twisted, listening to one lock on the door open. The door has seven so I was unsure if it was actually unlocked or not but when I twisted and push the doorknob, the door is open.

I stepped through, my eyes flicking around the dark house as I shut the door being me. Sitting on the couch, I make out his figure right away. Turning, I locked all seven of the locks maybe to buy myself more time.

It's hard to ignore the tension surrounding me when I can feel his eyes burning into my skin.

"You have awful taste in people, Esrin," Harry finally acknowledges me while I took my shoes off, my purse abandoned next to it. Relief eases my body when my feet are no longer in those high heels.

"Including you?" I replied dryly, my eyes narrowing at him. The lighting is harsh here, we can barely make out the details of each other but we see just enough. Harry doesn't even hesitate to agree for even a second," yeah."

I didn't know what to say and I know that I didn't have to say anything else. The moment can be finished right here.

But when I do show signs of leaving, Harry pushes off the couch and walks to me. He doesn't stop until he's so close that I can smell the perfume on his clothes and notice more details about him. His hand falls to my waist and then he nudged me closer to him.

"Tell me nothing happened between you two, please," he commands, the muscle in his jaw straining. "Tell me that's the truth and I'll stop myself from tracking her down and enjoying every bit of it as I kill her," he finishes the rest of his sentence.

My lips part and the breath I let go hits Harry's lips because we were so close. "You'd really do that?" My voice is as soft as a whisper. I already knew the answer to that question. He would.

"Yes."

"It's none of your business, Harry," I softly denied even though I badly wanted to assure him he had nothing to worry about again. "Rin, please," he groans, shutting his eyes. I sighed, smiling because I love that I had the power to make him like this.

Quit acting like this between us means something. But it does, doesn't it? This is more than a little buzz, it's a heavy electrical power that strings us together.

Tonight I thought that I'd realise if there's actually something between Lennie and me and there isn't. I still like her, she's a great person so maybe I would've if Harry hadn't taken up my liking already.

The lines between his eyebrows disappear. His fingers roughly slide into my hair in a way that I feel them on my scalp and he forcefully kisses me. I return it before I can even comprehend what was happening, my hand wrapping around his wrist to keep his hand there and the other falls on his waist.

I've never been one that craved to be kissed outside of the bedroom, I didn't understand why people did it but with Harry, his lips are so drugging that I want them all the time.

"Thinking about you kissing her like this..." he groans, parting our lips with a smacking sound. His other hand slides out of my hair and brushes down my sides until they fall on my hips. "Her hands on your body," as he says it, Harry's hand slides under and his palm massages my skin.

"I want to put you out of your misery and assure you that none of that happened or will happen but I like you jealous, how desperate you are," I confessed as his hands teased over my bra.

"You've got me wrapped around your finger, don't you?" He sighs, facing the fact. He's got me wrapped around his finger too so it's only fair. In fact, I could be wrapped around his dick too.

"Not gonna deny that," I joked and he kissed my smile. Our teeth clashed accidentally because neither of us could stop smiling. "Stay with me tonight," I whispered, looking up at him with hopeful eyes, panting slightly from another hot kiss.

Already, I think it's a horrible idea when Harry doesn't say anything for a second. He kind of even avoids my eyes, playing with the ends of my hair and I'm about to apologise for asking, regretting it.

"Can we stay in my room instead?" His voice is soft as he asks it, looking absolutely nervous and kind of almost embarrassed that he has to. I take it that he's more comfortable in his room and I'll never pass up being in a room that's all about him. Waking up next to him sounds perfect and I don't mind anything.

Instead of replying verbally, my fingers slipped into his hands and I pull him along as I walked to his room which was not far from us at all.

I've got an eye full of his room before and I'd love another but now isn't the time to stop and stare. The lights aren't even turned on as he walks us to the food of his bed that's pushed against the wall after locking the door.

"Hands up," he orders gently and I follow. Harry grabs the end of my top and slides it off my body. Instead of dropping it to the floor like I thought he would, he quickly folds it and rests it on the sofa he has in here.

He bends down in front of me, his hand resting on the top of my pants. "May I?" He asks my breath hitching in my throat at the sight. "Yes," I say and harry pulls my pants down, kissing my thighs as more skin is revealed. With one kiss over the lace covering my hips, he stands and then walks over to his drawers.

From one of the top drawers, he takes out a black T-shirt and as he unfolds it, it's slightly washed out clearly from being worn a lot but I know those are the most comfortable. When he's close again, he doesn't put it on me right away.

"Keeping these on?" His hand runs along the lace of my bra. "You tell me," I replied, wondering what he preferred. Harry shakes his head," do you usually wear one to sleep?" Truth is, no but I've definitely been so tired enough that I'm too lazy to take off my bra and I did.

"Take it off." Harry does take it off. Slowly, he slides the strap down my shoulder and kissed the spot where it previously sat. "So pretty," he compliments the design of the front. Harry shifts to my back, carefully unbuckling it and spreading kisses along my back.

"Can't wait to rip it off your body one day though," he adds to his previous comment. My breath hitches, the image he wedged into my mind turning me on more than it should've.

Once the bra is gone and with my other clothes, Harry returns so he's standing behind me with my back nearly pressed to his chest. From behind, Harry cups my breasts in his hands, his thumb ghosting over my nipples and they hardened.

"So responsive," he mutters and I lean against his chest, my head falling on his shoulder. He draws a moan out of me as he massages them and then slides up to my shoulder to continue it. I love his hands on me.

"So good," I whispered as he continues to massage with care of my shoulders. Makes me feel a little drunk on the feeling. "Ready to go to bed?" He wonders, his lips running along the shell of my ears.

I nodded and turned around, his hands stopping to grab the T-shirt that he had left thrown over his shoulder. "Been wanting to see you in this for a while," he reveals while he slides my arms through and then tugs it down. The material is so soft, I already love it.

"Fuck," he mutters, his eyes devouring my body and because he couldn't help himself, he crushes his body into mine. "My Belle," his lips brushed mine as he says the words and then his mouth claims mine, his hand holding my chin at the perfect angle.

Harry lifts me with ease and my legs wrapped around his torso, my body humming in approval at his bare chest.
He walks over to the bed blindly, occupied by scattering wet kisses all over my face. I laugh and he smiles so wide that his eyes seem like they're sparking.

When I'm laying on the bed, Harry pushes his pillow closer to mine and then flops down with a relieved sigh. He looks at me, such a contented look on his face but yet I can see the sleepiness written all over him.

"I don't cuddle," I tell Harry, my hand brushing back the curls away from his forehead. It makes me kind of sad that I never seem to like cuddling because Harry does actually look so...cuddle-able. "Okay," he says but I can notice the amusement in his eyes even through the lack of light. "No cuddling," he adds.

Harry kisses me slowly and softly, neither of us taking it anywhere but just simply appreciating this together. His head tilts up and he presses his lips to my forehead. "Good night, Rin," he mumbles and then turns around, his back facing me now.

I didn't know how it happened. Halfway through the night, I wake up with a heavy arm securely wrapped around my waist, my head laying on the hard chest of Harry and my leg is thrown across both of his. Harry's other hand rests on top of my thigh, keeping it there.

Hello, hello! So, I got bored with the cover of Masked. I've been for a while now and it keeps bugging me so I started messing around with the original.

Here's a look at the new cover I created! If you guys approve and like it, I'll change it in time for the next update.

let me know your thoughts!! I just changed the filter and adjusted the positions. Here's the soon-to-be old cover:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

219K 3.2K 69
Harry Styles is on his way to becoming the boss of a well-known, deadly Mafia that has existed for centuries, soon Meeting Luna Miller, a highly igno...
7.8K 353 44
"๐˜ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ'๐˜ต ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ฉ๐˜ต." "๐˜ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฉ.. ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ." "๐˜‹๐˜ฐ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ฉ ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ...
62.9K 1.8K 61
SEQUEL TO INSATIABLE. inยทiqยทuiยทty noun immoral or grossly unfair behavior. To say that Aurora is struggling would be an understatement- truthfully...
13.1K 356 12
I looked up at him, unsure of what just happened. I saw the blood glistening off of his gold H ring as he pushed my hair out of my face, scanning my...