The Prince's Brother

By DisasterChild20

Silas Pendragon, Arthur Pendragon's 14 year old brother. More

The Dragon's Call
Valiant
The Mark Of Nimueh
The Poisoned Chalice
Lancelot
A Remedy to Cure All Ills
The Gates of Avalon
The Beginning of the End
Excalibur
The Moment of Truth
The Labyrinth of Gedref
To Kill the King
Le Morte d'Arthur
The Curse of Cornelius Sigan
The Once and Future Queen
The Nightmare Begins
Lancelot and Guinevere
Beauty and the Beast Part Two
The Witchfinder
The Sins of the Father
The Lady of the Lake

Beauty and the Beast Part One

180 2 0
By DisasterChild20

Silas jumps down from Clover and walks into the hut that Mordred is staying in "Mordred?" he calls, looking round. Mordred comes out from behind the cupboard "I didn't know it was you." Mordred explains sheepishly. "It's alright. I've found a camp for you to go to, it's safe." Silas assures him. "You have? Will you still visit? Annalise too?" the boy asks. "Of course we will." Silas smiles. Mordred nods "Come on, we need to go now so I can get back before anyone realises I'm gone." Silas tells him. Nodding, Mordred grabs his stuff and follows Silas out to Clover. Climbing up, Silas pulls Mordred up before setting off on their journey. Soon enough they stop and dismount Clover as the Druids come out to meet them "Thank you for bringing us the boy Umenelis." the leader thanks. "Of course, he is my brother after all." Silas smiles. Mordred and Silas hug "I'll see you soon. Promise." Silas tells Mordred as they pull away. Mordred nod "Soon." he smiles.

The next day Silas stands next to Arthur as the Lady Catrina is shown into the council chamber "Lady Catrina, is it really you?" Uther asks. "I can hardly believe it myself." Lady Catrina responds. "We had tidings from the north that the House of Tregor had fallen to invaders." Uther tells her. "All that you heard was true, My Lord, and worse." Lady Catrina says. "Your father, the King?" Uther asks. "Gone, Sire. The enemy attacked without warning. We were outnumbered five to one. He could not endure. I would never have survived had it not been for my faithful servant Jonas. But we did survive, and we have made it this far..." Lady Catrina tells Uther, collapsing into his arms "Forgive me, My Lord. I fear my trials have taken a toll." she tells him. "Your sufferings are beyond imagining, My Lady. It would be an honour to help you in any way we can." Uther tells her. "A bed for the night would be most welcome." Catrina responds. "And consider yourselves our esteemed guests. It's the least we can do." he tells her. "Thank you." Catrina smiles.

Silas paces in his room, a small frown on his face as he thinks "I think you're going to leave a mark in the floor with how much you're pacing." Arthur tells him, walking in. "Hm?" Silas says, looking over to the doorway where his brother is stood. "What you thinking about?" Arthur asks, walking in and shutting the door behind him. "Just thinking." Silas responds. "About?" Arthur presses. Silas starts biting his lip "Something doesn't feel right. Like something is going to happen." he explains. "I'm sure everything is fine Silas." Arthur tells him. "Mhm." Silas nods, still unsure.

That evening, the brothers join their father, Morgana and Catrina for dinner "Well, this is wonderful. Thank you." Catrina smiles. "It's an honour. The Houses of Tregor and Pendragon have been allies for as...well, as long as anyone can remember." Uther responds. "My father often spoke of you, My Lord." Catrina tells him. "And I will remember him always." Uther tells her. "I'm sorry I didn't get the chance to meet him." Arthur tells Catrina. "I'm sorry too. For the House of Tregor is no more." Catrina says sadly, putting her knife and fork down. "Well, no, Catrina, it lives on in you." Uther tells her, holding her hand. "I only wish that were true." Catrina responds. "It is, My Lady. Your courage, your modesty. And you are as you always were, ever since you were a child." Uther smiles. "Ah, I fear I am much changed since then, my Lord." Catrina laughs. "Oh, yes, it's true. You are far more beautiful now." Uther smiles, taking a drink. The brothers look at each other in disgust while Morgana smiles, Arthur fake yawns making everyone look at him "I'm sorry, hard day's training. If you'll excuse me. Also, Silas I need you help with something." Arthur says. "Of course." Catrina smiles. Uther nods "Arthur, Silas." he bids. "I should retire myself." Morgana smiles. "Morgana." Uther nods again as the trio leave.

The next morning Silas stands with Merlin and Arthur, brushing the horses. Uther and Catrina return from their picnic breakfast, Catrina being helped off her horse by Uther as they giggle "Honestly. Look at them." Arthur scoffs. "Are you alright?" Uther asks Catrina. "Don't you think it's odd how quickly they've become close?" Merlin asks. "There's nothing odd about that. My father's a wealthy and powerful man." Arthur responds, Silas shrugging with a nod. Just then Annalise walks past them with a basket of laundry, Silas watches her as she passes "Silas?" Arthur asks, smirking with Merlin. "Hm?" Silas responds, looking at them. "You alright there? You seem a little distracted." Merlin smiles. "N-No, no I'm not. I was just..." Silas stammers. "Watching Annalise?" Arthur grins. "I-I... um..." Silas blushes, looking away from them as they chuckle.

That night, Silas sits in his room when someone knocks on the door "Enter." he calls. Merlin immediately rushes in "Merlin?" Silas asks in concern. "Catrina isn't Catrina. She's a troll, I just saw her. She's leaving her room." Merlin tells him. Silas' eyes widening as he grabs his jacket and follows Merlin out, the two of them following the troll to a nest she's made under the castle. The two quickly turn and run "We need to tell Gaius." Silas tells Merlin, who nods in agreement.

The next morning, Silas heads to Gaius' chambers, he and Merlin explaining what they saw "What you saw is seldom seen, Merlin, Silas. Trolls despise all other living things, especially humans. They prefer to lurk in the darkness of their nests, feasting on rotten filth." the physician tells them. "And Jonas? Is he a troll too?" Merlin asks, having already told Silas about Jonas having a tail. "Who can tell what manner of creature he is." Gaius responds. "It makes no sense. If trolls like to lurk in their caves so much, what's this one doing in Camelot?" Silas asks. "Trolls are greedy. Lady Catrina's like the rest of her kind; she lusts after wealth and power." Gaius explains. "Uther's wealth and power." Merlin realises. "We've reached the point of no return. Uther has to be told." Gaius decides. "You're going to tell Father that his lady friend's a troll?" Silas asks. "That's exactly what I'm going to do." Gaius confirms. "Good luck." Merlin and Silas tell him simultaneously. "Thank you." Gaius responds.

After a while, Gaius walks back in "Please don't say anything, Merlin, Silas." Gaius tells them. "I wasn't going to say anything." Merlin defends. "You were going to say, 'I told you so'." Silas tells him, knowing his friend all too well. "Okay. I was. But I...I'm not going to now." Merlin admits. "Uther didn't take to it well." Gaius tells them. "Augh, you see? I told you...Sorry." Merlin says, Silas kicking him under the table. "But I know him, Merlin, Silas. He's a proud man, but he's not stupid. He will reflect on what I said, I'm sure he will." Gaius tells them. "Let's hope you're right." Silas sighs.

The next day Silas sits in his room, reading his spell book to try and find a way to unenchant his father. As he does there's a knock on the door "Enter." he tells them. Annalise walks in making him stand "Annalise, to what do I owe the pleasure?" he smiles. "Merlin told me about what's happening, I wanted to see if you needed any help." Annalise explains. "Yeah. Could you pass me the book over the? The one with the gold writing on the spine." Silas asks. Grabbing it, Annalise takes the book over to Silas "Merlin and Gaius are looking for a spell that could work." she tells him quietly. Silas nods "It's what I'm trying to do too. Troll magic is really powerful... I don't think I'm powerful enough." he responds just as quiet. Annalise takes his hand in her, squeezing it gently "You're more powerful than you know, I believe in you." she tells him. Silas smiles and put his other hand on top of hers "Thank you." he responds, lifting her hand and kissing it gently. There's a sudden knock on the door making them both stand, putting a few steps between them "Yes?" Silas asks. "The King has called the Council to Court." a guard tells him. "I will be right there." Silas responds. "I better go." Annalise tells him, going to leave. Silas bites his lip and grabs her hand, pulling her back towards him and into a kiss. Annalise smiles into the kiss as she puts a hand on his chest, Silas also smiling as he cups her face with one of his hands. The two break away and lean there foreheads against each other "I'll see you later." Silas tells her. Annalise smiles "I hope so." she responds, walking out the room.

Silas stands next to Arthur in the council chamber as Uther walks in with Catrina on his arm "Thank you all for coming. You are, no doubt, wondering why I have gathered you here today. Though we live in dark times, today I bring you light, and love. It gives me greatest pleasure to inform you that the Houses of Tregor and Pendragon are to be united in the closest bond of all. I am to marry Lady Catrina of Tregor. I am to marry Lady Catrina tomorrow. This union heralds a new dawn for the kingdom, a new beginning..." Uther starts, everyone applauding at the announcement. Silas and Arthur look at each other in concern and confusion, Merlin moving behind a pillar and trying a spell "Hierste þæt íecen sóna." he tries. "...and a new queen for all here in Camelot." Uther continues. "Hierste þæt íecen sóna." Silas tries. "I could not hope to have made a better match." Uther smiles. "Hierste þæt íecen sóna." Silas and Merlin try simultaneously, Catrina tensing slightly as her smile drops. "I hope you will all share in our joy. Thank you." Uther finishes, everyone applauding as he and Catrina leave.

Silas walks into Gaius' chambers with Merlin and Gaius following "I'm sorry. I tried. I gave it everything I had." Merlin says. "So did I." Silas sighs. "It's not your fault, Merlin, Silas. You did your best." Gaius tells them. "The spell of revelation is powerful magic. And she could feel it, I could see she could feel it." Merlin responds. "You could tell by the look on her face." Silas nods in agreement. "Her magic must be strong, indeed, to be able to resist both of you." Gaius tells them. Silas and Merlin look at each other before heading to the door "Where are you going?" Gaius asks. "To see Arthur! He's our only hope!" Merlin responds. "Merlin!" Gaius calls after them.

The two young sorcerers head to Arthur's Chambers and walk in "Yes?" Arthur asks. "Arthur. We're going to tell you something. It's not going to be easy." Silas tells him. "Right..." Arthur responds. "It concerns the Lady Catrina." Merlin explains. "You're not using my chambers to spy on her again." Arthur tells him, Silas looking at Merlin in confusion. "Oh, no. Trust me, I saw everything I needed to see." Merlin responds. "I'm sure you did." Arthur says. "Arthur. She's a troll." Silas tells his brother. Arthur laughs "She's not that bad." he tells them. "We're serious. She is. She's an actual troll." Merlin tries. "Silas, Merlin, I know what you're trying to do, and I appreciate it. You're true friends. But it's not about whether I like her or not, it's about what makes our father happy. And when they announced the wedding today, I realised that Lady Catrina does just that. She makes him happy." Arthur tells them. "Well, he won't be so damn happy when he discovers his wife's a fruit munching monster." Merlin retorts. "That's enough, Merlin." Arthur glares. "But..." Silas starts. "She's the future queen of Camelot whether you like it or not. So you better get used to it." Arthur cuts him off. Silas scoffs and storms out, going to his room and flopping onto his bed.

Silas stands with Morgana and Arthur and Uther walk down the aisle, everyone bowing or curtsying. After a couple of minutes. Catrina follows suit, holding Uther's hands when she reaches him "My lords, ladies, and gentlemen of Camelot, we are gathered here today to celebrate, by the ancient right of handfasting, the union of Uther Pendragon and Lady Catrina of Tregor. Is it your wish, Uther, to become one with this woman?" Geoffrey asks. "It is." Uther responds. "Is it your wish, Catrina, to become one with this man?" Geoffrey asks, turning to Catrina. "It is." she responds. "Do any say nay?" Geoffrey asks the crowd, Silas having to bite his tongue "With this garland, I do tie a knot, and by doing so, bind your hands and your hearts for all eternity." Geoffrey continues, tying Uther and Catrina's hands together. "I, Uther Pendragon, King of Camelot, I shall not seek to change thee in any way. I shall respect thee as I respect myself." Uther promises. "I now pronounce you to be husband and wife." Geoffrey announces, making them kiss. Silas turns to see Merlin burst into the room as everyone applauds, the two looking at each other with defeat.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.1K 756 15
Uther begins to fear Arthur's strength and power he holds over his knights and banishes him. Arthur must then begin to fight to become the king he is...
28K 802 33
Arthur pendragon x reader
34.7K 1.4K 17
The prince of Camelot has a secret he has yet to reveal and his manservant, Merlin , has the same secret. They can't reveal it until the right time c...
7.3K 174 16
Ember Elrod, Arthur Pendragon's best friend since childhood. After a devastating fire burns her family home to the ground, killing both her mother an...