Born His - Book #2 (Completed)

By TessaT

Book #2 in A Hidden Secret Trilogy Don't miss out on the continuation of Lexi's story! This is a sample. The... More

Book #2
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Series Info
A Group for you?
Back to Posting!
Competed!!!!
Book #3 Posting

Chapter 3

81.9K 1.8K 246
By TessaT

JUST A HEADS UP! THIS IS THE OLD VERSION, SO NO IT'S NOT EDITED AND WON'T BE. NOR WILL IT BE FINISHED.  THE REST IS GOING UP WEEKLY ON www.patreon.com/tessat  

 ALSO, THINGS WILL CHANGE. NOT THE PRINCES ATTITUDE OR HOW HE MEETS ROSE. BUT EVERYTHING ELSE WILL BE DIFFERENT. I WASN'T HONESTLY GOING TO POST THIS CHAPTER AS IT WILL NOT BE PART OF THE STORY AS IT DOESN'T GO WITH ALEXIS STORY AT ALL, BUT I FIGURED I'D GIVE YOU PART OF THE OLD CHAPTER. 

THE OLD VERSION WILL BE POSTED, OF WHAT I HAVE, I WON'T WRITE MORE TO IT. BUT IT WILL ONLY BE POSTED AFTER I HAVE FINISHED IT ON RADISH.

Chapter 3

Reaching the door to the main floor, I slam it open. Taking deep breathes; I try to calm my wolf down. What happens is the complete opposite. He clashes against the walls inside me; trying to escape.

I had to use all my strength to not let him out. Who knew what would happen if I did.

Trying to block him out, I force myself to take in my surroundings. That was when I finally smelt the most intoxicating smell. It hit me in chest to the point I had to lean against the door I crashed through moments before.

Taking another deep breathe, more of the invigorating fragrance hit my senses. I felt as if I was drowning in it; blackberries and earth. Those two things were now embedded into my mind and body. Even if I wanted to get rid of the scent I don't think I could.

Only after a minute, by body was craving it. I felt that if I wasn't swimming in it, I would die of dehydration.

Was this what I thought it was?

Was this my mates scent?

Is that why my wolf has been acting abnormal? Did he know this woman? Had we already met her? That can't be right, I would have smelt this stimulating aroma if we had met her in person.

She must have walked past this door in the last couple of minutes. My wolf had to have sensed her and that's why he was going crazy inside my mind.

Wanting to make sure I wasn't coming up with strange idea's I open up my family mind link. I knew my father would be the one to tell me if I was hallucinating or not.

"Father?" I could barely leave the happiness out of my voice. Did I really find my mate? Has she been under my nose this whole time?

That thought angered me. Why was she hiding?

"What is it Ralph, I'm in a meeting. Can't this wait?" I was too excited to give a comeback to his attitude.

"You told me when you first smelt mom, she had an intoxicating aroma. What did it feel like? What did your wolf do when he realized it was her?" I had tons of questions in my head, but those two were the most critical ones.

I could almost see him remembering that exact moment he found her. My mother loved to retell that moment in time. That special moment every werewolf couple is supposed to have and cherish. I knew every detail from her side of the story, but never did my father go into great detail about how his wolf felt. The only thing I would ever get out of him would be that her enthralling scent would drive me insane. That's it; not much to go off of.

"My wolf sensed her before I did. He started to howl and growl at any male in the room with us. When I tried to ignore him, all he did was shove himself against my walls. He tried to shift into his wolf form for over an hour before her aroma hit my nose. I had been sick that week and I couldn't smell anything. She was literally inches away from me before I could smell her."

He stopped talking, but I knew he wasn't finished.

It didn't matter in the least bit. He told me what I needed to hear.

"What is this about son?" He sounded guarded, as if he was hiding something from me.

"I think I have found her father! I walked out of the dungeon to be hit with this aroma that almost sent me to my knees!" I couldn't help, but to yell at him. My body felt unsteady and all I wanted to do was let my wolf take over and find our mate.

"Whatever you do son, do not and I repeat that, do not let your wolf take over. If you let him out this instant he will chase after her scent and take her down. If she is in human form...well it won't end well for either of you." His tone told me he was telling the truth.

So for once in my life, I listened to what my father said and pushed my wolf away. I was going to let him out, but now that I know I could be endangering myself I have to think of another way to get to her.

"I will try father, but he is rather consistent. I'm pushing him back, but he is doubling his strength somehow." Nothing I was doing was helping. My wolf was going to overpower me and I was helpless to stop him.

"He is gaining it from her, your mate's wolf. She knows you have found her scent and is trying to help him find her now."

"I don't want her help. I am the alpha male here!"

"Son, you have no idea what having a mate means. You think that once you have mated and marked her, you can walk away and bed another woman? Is that what you think? That you can make your soul-mate be your slave?" His barked out at me with accusation.

"Yes, dammit! I will not bend to a woman. She has been playing her little games long enough. We were supposed to find each other almost twenty years ago, father. I know she has had something to do with that. It's the only reason I can come up with for not finding her."

"You are delusional if you think she knew who you were all those years ago. No one knows who their mate will be until they smell that intoxicating aroma," he replied to me with a snarl.

"Don't you dare snarl at me father! I am not the one who has clearly messed up here. Don't you see what she is already doing to me?" I didn't want this to happen this way.

"Oh, I see everything clearly. You have hardened your heart to love. You are adamant that once you have completed the mating bond that she will be your slave. You want her to bend to your every wish and demand. How wrong you are, son. She won't let you make her into a servant. She will push you just as hard, if not more. What do you think she will do once she finds out you slept with another female after mating with her?"

"She will stay in her room until I need her, that's what she will do." This old man was infuriating. No woman should have power of her mate.

Pacing the floor, I send a frustrated look towards the guard that stands by the dungeon door. He didn't once look my way, but smartly kept his gaze plastered to the wall across from him.

"You're not the son I thought I had raised." He sighed as if he failed me.

He was right. If he had been the father, he should have been I would have had my mate in my arms twenty years ago.

"I know your train of thought son. It wasn't my fault you weren't given your mate at the age of five. If I hadn't found your mother, I would have searched for her and not once touched another woman. Instead you have destroyed your life, made a horrible name for yourself and this kingdom."

"I have become the monster I am because of the fates!"

"You are arguing with me instead of finding your mate! You know she is here, but all you can do is tell me how its everyone else's fault you couldn't find her! All I see is your failure as a Prince and a mate."

"I have never once failed anyone father." My anger was at a breaking point. I felt my wolf claw his way to the surface. This was not going to be good.

Fisting my hand, I slam it into the wall next to the door. I didn't feel an ounce of paint that how deeply this conversation was getting to me. Bring my fist back; I come to see a hole in the wall. I didn't care though; someone else would fix it for me.

"All you want is for your mate to serve you. I can't wait until your plan backfires. I won't be there to help you fix your mistakes. For my dear daughter, I will be there for her. She will need help with being your mate and who better to help her out then your dearest dad?"

"You will have no say in the matter! She is mine and I will not let you tell her what to do!" One of my walls crumbled to the ground as my wolf rammed his head through it. Three more to go and I wouldn't be in control.

"Don't you see where your problem is? You think anyone will be able to control her? The only control in this relationship will be hers. The moment you destroy your mates heart, will be the day she gains complete control over you."

"Never!" I shout at him.

"Think again Ralph, you and your wolf will go crazy if she ever ignored you, let alone left you. I doubt you would survive more than a month with her gone. You would literally gone insane with the need to drown yourself in her scent; to hold her in your arms, even if it to cuddle. You have no idea what having a mate means Ralph, but I know you will soon learn."

My knuckles hit the wall beside of me as I try to take my anger out at his words. The sight of blood didn't faze me.

I didn't want a female to have that much control over me. She was the one who was supposed to be falling all over my feet, begging to be my mate not the other way around.

I'm the strong Alpha Prince and not some lover boy chasing after his wayward mate.

"Your losing control Ralph, push your wolf down otherwise I will have the guards lock you up. I do not want my new daughter to be killed because you couldn't control yourself!"

Wall two came crumbling down.

At this point in time, I didn't care if I hurt her. I needed to prove to her who was boss in this relationship.

"You just doomed yourself son. To purposely inflict pain on your soul mate is punishment worthy of death. Not by my hands, but by your mates."

"She won't lay a harmful hand on me father."

I stopped pacing the floor. This conversation was over. I was going to find her and stake my claim before she knew what hit her.

"I never said she would lay a hand on you. Mental pain is worse than physical pain when it comes to mates. You will regret your choices soon enough Ralph."

"How do I find her father? Since you have blatantly told me I can't shift."

"When did your wolf first start to act oddly?"

"When I was inspecting my new toy down in the dungeon. Why?"

"Did you get to touch her? Or at least look into her eyes?"

"No, before I could touch her skin, Warren barged in. I instantly took him by the throat and tried to kill him. He then explained why he had barged in."

"Which was?"

"The woman that was hanging by her wrist was none other than his fiancée."

At saying her name, a small, but pleasurable sensation traveled down my spine. I didn't know what it was, but I liked it.

"Fiancée? When did he get a fiancée?" My father for once sounded flabbergasted.

"How would I know, you have been sending me to meetings left and right. I don't have a chance to hang out with my friends here at the castle!" The only reason, I know him is because we were best friends growing up. When he and the other three weren't working for my father, the five of us would hang out.

I've even taken them on some of my father's missions. Ones, where they finally had the chance to see the real me. Things slightly changed from that day one, but they didn't have the guts to tell me what they felt about my actions. They weren't allowed to speak about it to anyone other than the five of us. I didn't even want my father to know.

"Ralph, what is her name? Please give me a good reason for why she down in your dungeon room if she is his fiancée?" now he sounded as if he was about to break. What the hell was going on here?

"He called her Rose. Warren was going on about how they were drugged. He said he had only woken up moments before coming down and finding her."

"Rose!?" I felt the full effect of his Alpha authority flow over me. He has never once used it on me; not even when I knew I deserved it.

"Yes, father, her name is Rose. What is wrong?"

"What were they planning on doing once they left the dungeon?" He sounded afraid, but I knew that couldn't be right.

He didn't answer my question and that got to me. What was he hiding?

"He said they were going to spend some quality time together. Why? What aren't you telling me?" I hardened my voice. My own father was now playing games with me and I was sick of it.

"What does Rose have to do with any of this?" Nothing was making sense and I wanted to full my hair out.

Pacing again, I reached up and slammed my other fist into the wall. The blood on the right knuckles was already dry; the left ones would soon follow.

As a royal, my body healed faster than a normal werewolf would. If I was shot, it would only take me two- three days to heal; unlike a normal werewolf would take at least two weeks.

Something was going on and I didn't know what. Was Rose my mate? Did he know and that's why he wants me to stop Warren from completing the bond?

My heart nearly stopped at my own thoughts.

Warren told me he was going to spend some time alone with his fiancée. That meant more than just cuddling. He was going to have sex with her, but that was it right? He would have told me he was going to complete the mating bond. What am I thinking? He told me they were going to wait and see if they had their own mates. That is if he was telling me the truth. He could have been lying to me. He wanted her all to himself and told me what I wanted to hear.

I felt my blood boil at my thoughts. My best friend and Beta had lied to me.

"When I am finished finding my mate and strapping her to my bed, I will find you father. Do not think otherwise. We will finish this discussion and you will tell me what you know. If you won't...well then I will have no choice, but to fight you for the right to be King."

"Ralph, you have no idea what you're getting yourself into."

"Oh I know alright. You sent me off on all those trips, knowing that my mate was here!"

"She was safe Ralph and you...you do not care for anyone, but yourself. She needed to be loved before she was taken by you." He sounded defeated. This man had more emotion in this one conversation then, I've ever notice in my whole life.

The third wall fell. One more to go.

My wolf howled inside me. He wanted blood and I was tempted to give it to him.

" I am leaving to find my mate and kill the bastard that has been touching what belongs to me. He is no longer my Beta and friend. Once I am done with him, no one will be able to recognize him."

I was no longer in control. My wolf destroyed the last wall and took over. Not in wolf form, but in mine. My eyes shifted to black as I let the power of my Alpha settle in my body. I loved this feeling.

"Ralph, remember when you see them that she loves him. She wouldn't have said yes to his proposal if she didn't. If you kill him, you will push her away. She will hate you and never except your mating or wolf. She will push you away to the point you will never see her again."

"I said enough! Old Man, if you do not know the meaning of the word, I will gladly show you." I bellowed through the mind link. He did not understand what I was saying.

Leaving the hallway I was pacing while talking to my father I head up to Warren's suite. It was down the hall from mine since we were supposed to be Alpha and Beta together. That no longer will be happening. By my words to my father, Warren's title and rank was stripped away. He would be feeling it soon enough. All wolves would know he no longer held the power of a Beta. Instead he would drop down to what he was as a child. A mere servant whelp.

My body was completely tense that I didn't feel anything or see anyone as they stared at my back. It took me a good ten minutes to reach the wing we slept in, but I knew they hadn't done anything yet because I felt no pain. The mating bond would still belong to me.

My wolf was shoving all kinds of ideas into my head. The one I was most interested in was where we rip Warren's throat out with our wolf's teeth. But that would be after we claimed our mate in front of him. He would have to watch as I took her from him. First I would tie him up, so that he couldn't charge at me while I am doing the deed. Wouldn't want him to make me stop in the middle; I wouldn't be too happy about that.

Without knocking I kick open the door and step into the bedroom thinking to find they on the bed together, but all I find is an empty room.

Turning around and around I try to see if I could find any hint as to where they could have gone. He said they were going to his room right? If they were engaged they would be sharing the same bedroom wouldn't they?

That thought pushed my wolf even further. My claims could now be seen and I had no doubt my fur was starting to sprout all over my body. It wouldn't be too long until I transformed and he chased down our mate.

I had no doubt she was ours.

Walking back to the door, I was about to walk through it when a shirring pain ripped through my body. My heart began to beat too fast and I thought I was about to pass out from the pain it was too much.

Clutching my chest, I feel as if someone was literally ripping my heart out. Digging deep into my chest with a jagged knife, was now they were getting it out. My eyes blurred and my body collapsed to the floor. I had no control over what was happening.

I could hear screams as I was now halfway out the door, but laying on the floor.

My body began to shake as my eyes rolled back into my head.

Hands were grabbing onto me; shaking me, but I knew what was happening.

My soul mate was completing the bond with another werewolf.

My body was getting to the point of shutting down. If they complete the bond, it would kill me.

That's when I felt a power surge through my body. I didn't understand it, but I used it. Shifting into my wolf, I let him call to our mate's wolf.

If Rose thought she could get rid us this easily, she was extremely mistaken.

The moment I lay my eyes on her, she will learn who owns her.

******************

How did you guy like it?

Happy Reading.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.9M 488K 29
Highest Rank: #1 in Werewolf When eighteen year old Josephine Evans is out in the woods with her pack, they didn't expect to stumble across the bigge...
172K 3.7K 32
Sheltered shifter Celeste runs away after disappointing her parents with another failure to secure a worthy mate bond, but she accidentally stumbles...
2.3M 55.6K 200
I'm a new grad human in huge debt, and cheated by my Omega boyfriend. When I got wasted in a bar, I didn't expect to have the best sex ever. And the...
666K 15.1K 41
"I may be your second chance, Wade, but I will not be your second choice." Reeling from the death of his mate, Alpha Wade tried everything in his pow...