The Beginning Of Us

By CallMeQu1nn

Quinn and Vivian were with Joel and Parker when it happened. When the world went to Shit. When the Infected s... More

1.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.

2.

25 2 23
By CallMeQu1nn

(Parker's is Joel's...partner or not yet but maybe but also yes and no? Quinn is his adopted daughter, Sarah is Joel's biological daughter and Vivian is Quinns best friend and Joel treats her like his daughter [storyline is going to be a bit altered so don't scream at me thank you])

All three of the kids, Quinn, Vivian, and Sarah were sitting on the couch, Sarah asleep, when Joel and Parker walked in.

"Vivian hey! You're still here?" Parker asks with a smile, setting his coat down.

"Yeah, My mom said I could stay over!" Vivian says excited, Looking over at Quinn who nods in response.

"You two get upstairs so Joel can wake up Sarah." Parker walks upstairs and the two follow him. Joel smiles softly at the trio and walks over to his daughter.

He sits down on the couch and Sarah sits up sleepily.

"Long day at work?" She asks with a yawn.

"You know it kiddo.."

"Well in that case I've got a surprise for you!"

"Sarah I'm not in the mood for this-" Sarah reaches off of the couch and grabs a small box. Smiling, she hands it to Joel. He opens it to be met with a new watch.

"You were always complaining about your broken watch soo.."

"Sarah I love it but..I think it's stuck.." Joel says with a sigh.

"What?! No!" She grabs his arm to get a closer look at the watch and realizes he was messing around.

"Oh come on-"

"Where'd you get the money for this anyway?"

"Drugs. I sell hardcore drugs." Sarah says, laying back down on the couch.

"Good, you can help with the mortgage then." Joel chuckles and looks down at the watch. After a moment of them just sitting there Joel looks over and sees Sarah asleep.

He picks her up, smiling down at his daughter and the watch she'd gotten her.

~~~

Quinn woke up to Sarah's phone ringing. She noticed Vivian wasn't in the room and assumed she was in the bathroom. She gets up and walks to Sarah's room.

"Sarah, Answer your phone already..It's fucking loud-" Quinn mumbles, rubbing her eyes.

"Sorry.." Sarah reaches over and picks up the phone.

"Sarah?! Sarah!" What the two knew as Uncle Tommy's voice said frantically into the phone.

"Uncle Tommy?"

"Sarah! Is your dad there?!"

"Yeah I think so?"

"I need you to-" The phone line cuts off and Sarah looks over at Quinn, a worried look on her face. Sarah gets up and walks over to her fathers room, Quinn going to find Vivian who was in the bathroom.

"He's not in his bedroom.." Sarah says with a scared tone to her voice.

"Hey It's okay Sarah, Let's just go check downstairs. I'm sure Joel is fine." Vivian comforts the girl, Quinn already having gone downstairs.

As the duo upstairs reach the downstairs there's a loud boom. Quinn covers her ears quickly, the boom being louder for her since her ears are extremely sensitive.

"What was that??" Vivian whisper-yelled.

"DAD?!" Sarah called out, running through the house. Vivian made sure Quinn was okay and the two of them went to check the garage. Sarah walks into her fathers office only to see him run through the glass sliding doors, covered in blood.

"Dad?? Why are you covered in blood?!" She runs towards him.

"Sarah! Stay awake from the doors!"

"What why?!" There's a loud bang and a man comes crashing through the window. Joel stands protectively in front of Sarah.

"Back up! I'm giving you one chance!" Joel yells at the man, the guy running and jumping at Joel. Joel shoots the man in the head, him falling back against the ground.

Parker runs into the house with Tommy, Vivian and Quinn now besides them.

"Get in the car let's go!" Tommy shouts, walking back out of the house. They all get in Tommy's car, Quinn holding onto Parker tightly.

"Is Quinn okay?" Joel asks, getting in the front seat and reloading his gun.

"All the loud noises are overwhelming her, she's gonna be okay though.." Parker gives Joel a soft smile and Joel nods to Tommy to drive away.

"What's happening??" Vivian practically explodes out, panicking heavily lacing her tone.

"We'll explain later kiddo. For now all you need to know is that getting out of the city is our main priority." Joel says, Trying to keep Vivian and Sarah calm.

"Can we turn on the radio?" Sarah asks, Putting a comforting hand on Vivian's shoulder.

"Of course," Tommy reaches down and turns on the radio.

"Crazed people have escaped from the hospital and are now roaming the streets. Citizens have been strictly advised to stay in your homes-"

There's a loud boom from the radio and it goes completely silent.

"Oh shit.." Parker mumbles as Tommy turns the corner, a house have been lit on fire. Sarah turns and stares out at the house in shock.

"You think they made it out..?" She wonders out loud, keeping her gaze on the burning house as they drive off.

"I hope so.."

"HEY!" They all turn their attention to three people standing on the side of the road, "HEY STOP THE CAR!"

"Keep driving Tommy." Joel added, a stern tone to his voice. Parker covers Quinn's ears as they continue to drive into the city.

"Ah fuck!" Tommy hits the steering wheel in anger as they reach a road blocked by traffic.

"What're we gonna do now?" Vivian leans forward so she's in-between the drivers and passengers seat to get a better look at everything.

There's a loud scream from one of the scars and two people in hospital gowns rip open the door to a persons car and get in, blood spattering across the windows. One of the people gets out a stumbles towards Tommy's car.

"Tommy drive." Joel says quickly and sternly. "Tommy! Drive!"

Tommy backs the car up and drives down a different street, The person having jumped at the car right before they turned but ended up missing.

"Holy shit that was close-" Vivian breathes out, all of them letting out a collective sigh of relief.

"Come on, go through here." Parker points out, Quinn now holding her hands over her ears.

"I can't there's to many fucking people!" Tommy shouts in anger, trying to go past the people.

"Go around them Tommy!" Joel shouts back, grabbing his gun. Tommy waits a few more seconds before going around the people and driving quickly down the street.

"TOMMY WATCH OUT-" There's a loud crash as a huge truck slams into the car, sending it sliding across the ground.

The first one to wake up was Sarah.

"Dad..?" She says softly, wincing in pain as her leg was hurting badly.

"It's okay kiddo, Wake up the others in the backseat for me.." Joel starts to kick the cracked window as Sarah wakes up Vivian, Parker, and Quinn. Joel breaks the window and all of them climb out.

Sarah winces and leans on her father as she climbs out of the car.

"What's wrong??" Joel asks worriedly, holding onto her.

"My leg, it hurts real bad.."

"Uh Joel? We gotta go-" Tommy blurts out urgently. Joel picks up Sarah and the group runs down the street.

"JOEL! THIS WAY!" Tommy calls Joel away from an infected and towards a building. Quinn, Vivian, and Parker run into the building and just as Joel gets inside the Infected start pushing at the door.

"GO! I'LL BUY YOU SOME TIME!" Tommy yells, pushing the door back against the Infected.

Joel gives Tommy a look before Parker pulls him out of the building. They run across the street and past an ambulance.

"There's one after us!" Quinn practically sobs out, Tears streaming down her face.

"Keep running!" Parker yells, grabbing onto her hand. There's a loud gunshot and the Infected behind them falls dead.

"Don't move." A solider commands, pointing his gun at the group.

"Please..we have kids and injured.." Parker mumbles, holding onto Quinn and Vivian.

"Sir there are two adults and three kids at the border what are your orders," The man says into a comm, pausing before nodding with a sigh, "Yes sir." He aims his gun and takes a step towards us.

"Please-" Before Joel could finish his sentence the man shot his gun, sending the most of them falling backwards.

Parker whips around, covering his face with his arms but getting no pain which is what he expected.

They all look over to see Tommy standing next to the Soldiers dead body.

"Fucking heartless." There's a soft gasp from behind Joel and the attention turns to see Sarah laying on the ground, Blood soaking through her shirt.

"Sarah!" Joel rushes over and presses his hand against the wound. Tears start streaming down Quinn's face, The shock of seeing her sister like this keeping her frozen in place.

"Sarah hold on.." Parker says quietly, placing his hand over Joel's. Tears run down Sarah's face as her eyes unfocus and her breathing slows to a stop..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

470K 31.7K 47
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
221K 4.6K 47
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
1.1M 38.2K 63
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
1.3M 58.9K 105
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC