Defining a Terrorist #Wattys2...

By Shona1993

Two individuals and two different paths but at the end the same destination. Sana is a young bubbly girl in... More

Chapter 1: Introduction of the Boy behind the mask and Sana
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Epilogue
Thank you!

Chapter 17

3.1K 263 97
By Shona1993

Hello lovelies!!

So here you go another chapter!! My exams are done and I feel like a free bird, I do want to jump around and all but being tired and exhausted I am literally a zombie in my bed!

Anyway, so I'll be gone from tomorrow and hopefully will update again the 18th! Hope to see you guys with me then too and I know I say this all the time but I love you guys so much for all the support! Each and you deserve a hug, so please hug yourself from me <3

Love
Shona <3

------

You have to take risks. We will only understand the miracle of life fully when we allow the unexpected to happen.

Paulo Coelho

-------

So this is so typical me. Always ending up in the most not wanted situations. Why Allah? Why me? It is like every force in the world schemes to get me into trouble. Yousefs eyebrows are knitted now as he examines me with his suspicious eyes and I just pray that he doesn't recognize me. I know the chance is small as I am wearing a Niqab, only revealing my brown eyes, but still you never know.

Frozen to my spot and still shell shocked seeing one of my nightmares right in front of me makes me dumbfounded. How can I forget that this man tried to kill me? And his deep brown scar on his forehead reminds me of that night pretty loudly. Yousefs narrowed eyes roams to the guest list on the table then back to me.

Shawn have been trying to communicate with me through the Bluetooth but unintentionally I have been shutting him out of my system. "Sana, breathe! Just listen to me." I finally catch after a moment of shock. "He doesn't recognize you, he won't be able to harm you." He tries to sooth me with a calm and unusually soft voice.

Inhaling a deep breath I try to stable myself, not that my leaping heart is giving in. Gulping down I try to form words with my lips. "I was."

Shawn intervenes before I can say anymore. "Voice!" Crap my voice, I clear my throat.

Gosh, what happened to the temperature? Isn't the AC on? Without noticing I start to fan myself with my hand. "No, thank you." I try changing my voice to a more light one and the not so lovely fellow in front of me crosses his arms on his torso looking even more dangerous, great. Why am I sweating? "I was just checking the papers, it seemed important. You shouldn't leave such important papers by themselves so openly." I pick up the guest list. "Here you go." And shove it in his hands.

Yousef looks surprised and opens his mouth to say something. "Yousef!" Our heads snaps to the source of the voice.

My eyes lands on another familiar and not so pleasant figure. Ahmed gestures to Yousef with his hand to join him by the stage. Yousef nods in response before shifting his gaze back at me and my eyes widens just a bit alarmed. "Thank you." He nods and leaves, while following his retreating back I let go of a breath I didn't even know I was holding.

Wow, he can say thanks? Manners from this guy is the last thing I expected. Shaking away my thoughts I try to focus on what's next. So I have the pictures. OMG I have the pictures! The guest list contains every name associated to the stupid extremist organization. So what now? Right, I need to get out of here!

Why is Shawn so quite? "Do you need an invitation to leave?" Think about the sun, and it shines. No, not really, sulks and scowls more.

The half an hour break is still not over and I walk to the main door. Quickly taking hold of the handle I open it to sneak out of the heavy door.

Strolling with a victorious grin towards the elevator I can't help but feel on the top of the world. My first mission and I nailed it! Walking in to the elevator I think of a way to annoy Shawn. "So Shawn." I start with proudness and I know he knows that I am on to something.

"What Sana?" His tone is as boring as him, I don't let that bother me.

"Who's the best?" I inquire with excitement evident in my voice. "See, I didn't mess up! Rather I did great!" I boast proudly and I swear Shawn is rolling his eyes, it doesn't matter that he isn't in front of me.

"Congratulations Sana, you're amazing!" He starts and sounds hyper. "Let us celebrate, I am ordering a cake for you right away!" Shawn says delighted making my eyes pop out.

Cake! I love cake! "Really?" I exclaim stupidly and too excited.

There's a two seconds dead silence while I stroll towards the room. "No not really." He says as dry as dust.

I roll my eyes, his sarcasm isn't really appreciated. "Obviously." I scowl and knock on the door.

Guess who opens it? Well no one else than the dry cake himself. I brush past him and without thinking throw my phone at Zaki sitting beside the computer. My heart stops beating seeing my precious flying across the room. "Zaki!" I let out startled. Zaki looks at it with wide eyes and my eyes quickly closes. For extra precaution even my hands shifts to cover my eyes, well the fabric of the Niqab follows so I guess you can say that I have triple shield protecting me from seeing my precious die.

The room falls silent and I don't hear a crash. "You can open your eyes drama queen." Shawns monotone voice reaches my ears.

Letting my hands drop to my sides I let my gaze wander to Zaki. My mouth split up in a smile. "You're the best!" I grin to Zaki who is holding my phone proudly in one hand. "You caught it?" I say jumping up and down all excited.

The room is bright as the beige curtains are drawn to the sides, letting the sun sip in through the windows. "Yes, of course. I couldn't let our evidence go down the drain, could I?" He smirks and I just realize that my phone contains the evidence.

I shake my head at my own stupidity. Why even jeopardize my own phones life? I pull away the microphone attached to my body and hand it to Zaki.

"What's the password to your mobile?" Zaki asks me and I notice that Ibrahim, Saeed, Javed and Sahara isn't in the room.

"5102." I absently blurt out. "Where's the others?" I inquire instead.

"They are in the cars, keeping an eye from there." Shawn answers and I ignore him.

What can they possibly keep an eye on in the parking? "Keeping an eye on what?" I direct my question to Zaki.

I sit down on the couch and can feel Shawns glaring eyes burn on my skin even though I have a Niqab as a shield, silent treatment serves him right. "Why do you have such a odd password?" Zaki doesn't even seem to have heard my question.

I raise an eyebrow. "I thought you were the genius in here?" I actually am surprised that he hasn't figured it out, my password is really easy to solve and remember.

Zaki murmurs something. "I am, but I don't want to waste my energy on solving your password." He shrugs and I smile, poor boy, his ego is definitely bruised.

Shawn places himself next to me and I move away, making the already huge space between us even wider. Trust me he is glaring at me, but I try to shake of that stupid annoying laser gaze of his. No wonder he is a remarkable officer, he can kill with his bare eyes. "Her password is 2015 backwards." Shawn enlightens Zaki still keeping his gaze on me.

Giving him a sideway glance, I roll my eyes. Obviously he has to prove that he is the next Einstein. "Zaki." My mind remembers something when I see the pictures of the guest list on the computer.

"Yeah?" Zakis attention is still on the screen.

My heart starts to ponder hard, as I don't know how these two will react. "If you find Aunt Hebas, Maryams and Saras name on the list, please erase them." Not caring, I tell him determined.

Zaki nods. "Yes, I am on it." He instead says surprising me, did I hear right? "Shawn had already told me to." This time my astonished gaze turns to meet Shawns cold blue ones.

His scowl is gone and funnily he also seem surprised. This time I do offer him a small smile. "Great minds thinks alike." I joke and he just stares at me blankly.

"Right." Is the only dry word that leaves his lips.

Weirdo. At least he can try to be normal or social or something. Shaking my head I stand up. "I am going to meet Anna to thank her for her help. I'll be back in fifteen minutes or so." I enlighten them before strolling towards the door.

Gosh, I don't know why I am feeling so lightheaded and happy. Maybe because I'll soon be in my mothers arms. Strolling around in the Niqab just got easier. When hearing Shawn and Zaki talk I realize that I still have my Bluetooth on. Taking it down and turning it off I put it in my pocket, for your information I do have my normal clothes underneath the Niqab. At the lobby I start to look for Anna and walk up to the receptionist. "Hey." I say and the brunette looks up at me from her papers and flinches before plastering a smile.

That's the reaction I am always afraid of getting in a hijab and here I am wearing a Niqab, I would lie if I say that it doesn't hurt. "What may I help you with?" she professionally inquires.

The golden and white designs around here is actually very pleasant to the eyes. "I am looking for my friend Anna, she works here." I enlighten her and she nods.

Her blue eyes shines up after realizing that I asked for Anna. "Yeah, Anna is in the cafeteria on a break." She quickly enlightens me.

"Great, thanks." I smile before walking to the cafe.

Quickly finding my friend in a corner with a hot beverage in front of her browsing in her phone I walk towards her. When arriving to the table I politely inquire. "Miss, is this seat taken?" She looks up to meet my eyes and smiles.

"Of course not darling, you know it is always reserved for you." She wiggles her eyebrows and I chuckle. "How did your mission go?" She inquire while I sit down.

"It went rather perfect." I say with a huge grin which she most probably can't see. "Hey, how did you know that it was me?" I question her and she passes her chai latte to me, knowing that I have a soft spot for it.

Taking a savoring sip of the sweet creamy textured drink I listen to her explanation. "It is actually hard to not recognize you my dear. Those sparkling and, not to forget mention, smiling brown eyes is more than enough for me to recognize you." She winks and I chuckle. "And of course the Niqab gives away." She adds smiling.

"Aren't you a charmer." I say and meet her blue eyes, MashAllah meaning praise to the Lord, I love her features. "Thank you Anna, for everything. You don't know how much of a help you have been." I sincerely thank her holding her soft hands.

She squeezes them with a soft smile. "Hey don't worry about it! What are friends for?" She winks and with a smile I give her back her employees card. "I have so many questions for you but as my break is over in five minutes I am going with the not so necessary but very hot topic." I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. "Your kidnapper." She says with a mischievous smile.

I try to keep a poker face. "What about him?" I know where this topic is going to head, but I am not sure how she knows who of them is my kidnapper.

Anna tosses back her brown hair with her hand. "Don't act Sana! The tension between you and the blue eyed man can be detected from miles and I bet he is your kidnaper." My jaw drops at first but then I burst out laughing.

Did she just draw the conclusion that Shawn is my kidnapper as we have a tension between us? "OMG! Seriously Anna?" I manage to say between my laughters.

"Oh please! He is the one! He is really handsome Sana and he always keeps his attention on you." Composing myself I try to be serious, I have already drawn the other guests attention to me. I smile at a older man sipping on his tea, why do I forget that no one can see me smile? Or wait, they maybe notices that I smile as my eyes smiles too? Sana focus please!

Back to Annas question, where were we? Oh right. "Okey, fine yes you are right. He is my kidnapper. And let me tell you the only reason he gives me attention is because he either is annoyed with me or need to glare at something." I shrug and give a soft smile.

She stocks her arms on the table. "And what about the fact that he is handsome?" She wiggles her eyebrows and I can't help to laugh at her cute gesture.

I raise my eyebrows and shake my head amused. "I won't deny the fact that he look decent. You know the day you'll get kidnapped you'll notice that your kidnappers appearance is the last thought that crosses your mind." I tell her sincerely and she nods with a bit of sympathy. "And Shawn is special, his personality is so cold and mean." I take a pause as I realize that I am talking about a so called terrorist and a kidnapper. "Actually scratch that, he is a kidnapper so obviously he will be rigid." I instead say. "Seeing him only one question pops into my mind." I exclaim shaking my head in an amused smile.

"And that is?" Anna asks curiosity evident in her voice.

"Is your smile that ugly?" I joke and we chuckle a bit.

"Seriously girl, if I knew kidnappers looked like that I would arrange my own abduction." She sighs dreamily and I just shake my head.

I can't believe we are talking about kidnappers and terrorists so casually as if there is nothing wrong with them or gawking at them, not that I ever gawked at Shawn. He is just my kidnapper turned acquaintance, that's it.

The expression on Annas face actually makes me laugh. "I can hook you up with Shawn, he seem to need someone in his life." I suggest and she smiles. "At least that way he might pick up some social skills." I add chuckling.

Anna shakes her head amused. "No, I think he is reserved already." she says and I don't catch her but before I can question she stands up. "Sorry Sana, I am already late and need to get back but let us catch up later?" She says and hugs me. "I am so glad you're back!" She says and sounds genuinely happy.

I hug her back with a chuckle. "I am glad to be back." After saying bye to Anna I make my way towards the elevator. When reaching our floor and walking towards our corridor I start to think about Anna.

Anna is breathtakingly beautiful. No more and no less. MashAllah, praise to the Lord. Shawn is also handsome, they might actually work.

Before my mind can produce anymore ideas a blow on my head from behind makes a sharp pain bolt up through my spine and unwillingly I lean forward. My hand reaches my head and I gasp in pain. My vision starts to blur and my head suddenly feels heavy. The corridor starts to spin around.

Shawn hasn't taught me selfdefense when being hit on the head foully or what to do when fainting, and with that thought I fall to the ground with a loud bang.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Wicked Desire By Krissy

Mystery / Thriller

12.1K 491 53
Clodagh is thrust into a life she can't escape from. Taken from her own apartment late one night by a mysterious man, a 20-year-old university studen...
1.4M 112K 54
As if being kidnapped from a poverty-stricken town in the Middle East was not horrifying enough, Hayat Ishfaq, a 21 year-old American Muslim, is forc...
219 111 32
A story of surprises and twists Sarah!19 years old.Can see the future of other.she love to help people. Everyone think she's fine...but dee...
56 0 18
In two countries where a shy, cautious girl and a timid, demure boy take slow steps, peace and serenity following behind. Suddenly, peace is covered...