someone to stay, supernatural...

By maybankwalker

[ supernatural -- seasons 1-5 ] SPN Crossover Series: Someone to Stay Something in the Orange I DO NOT own Su... More

CAST, ACT ONE
001. the winchesters
002. jericho
003. never go home
004. changed lives
005. terrible driver
006. wendigo
007. kids are strong
008. drowning
009. final destination thing
010. bloody mary
011. shapeshifter
012. hook man
013. bugs
014. psychics and poltergeists
015. telling secrets
016. scarecrows and hitchhiking
017. dying dean
018. dean's old girlfriend
019. special children
020. people are crazy
021. human monster
022. tulpa
023. like father, like daughter
024. no boys
025. vampires
026. "they're both mine!"
027. car crash
CAST, ACT TWO
028. really long nap
029. the roadhouse
030. "i will never hate you."
031. gordon walker
033. andy and ansem
034. h. h. holmes ghost
035. death omen
036. crossroads
037. croatoan
038. new power
039. possession
040. scooby doo-like case
041. bank robbery
042. angels
043. 2018
044. return of meg
045. trickster
046. sisters
047. road kill
048. werewolf love
049. movie set
050. dream life
051. demon blood
052. gates of hell
CAST, ACT THREE
053. groups of seven
054. changelings
055. rabbit's foot
056. look out
057. fairy tales
058. ghost ship
059. vamp gordon
060. christmas
061. dream root
062. mystery spot
063. jus in bello
064. ghostfacers
065. dean and natalie
066. worst summer ever
CAST, ACT FOUR
067. september eighteenth
068. angel of the lord
069. 1973
070. angry aunt
071. rougarou
072. horror movie monsters
073. yellow fever
074. halloween
075. wishing well
076. anna and alastair
077. demons vs. angels
078. living in the walls
079. magic act
080. dead siblings
081. torture
082. amateurs
083. books
084. half-brother
085. secret's out
086. hallucinations
087. all hell breaks loose
CAST, ACT FIVE
88. beginning of the end
089. parting ways
090. different lives
091. role models
092. pranks
093. grumpy old men
094. play your part
095. convention
096. surprises
097. body swap
098. 1978
099. heaven
100. whore of babylon
101. saying yes
102. motel hell
103. sam's old friend
104. sam's plan
105. big showdown
BOOK TWO

032. what's dead should stay dead

522 23 16
By maybankwalker

"Come on, Sam, I'm begging you. This is stupid." Dean says as he drives.

"Why?" Sam asks.

"Going to visit mom's grave? She doesn't even have a grave. There-There was no body left after the fire." Dean says.

"She has a headstone." Sam says.

"Yeah, put up by her uncle, a man we've never even met. So you wanna go pay your respects to a slab of granite put up by a stranger? Come on." Dean groans.

"Dean, that's not the point." Sam argues.

"Well then, enlighten me, Sam."

"It's not about a body, or-or a casket. It's about her memory, okay? And with both parents now... you know, dead, despite one not being a very good father, it just feels like the right thing to do."

"Can we stop fighting?" Libby asks.

"Good luck." Natalie scoffs.

"It's irrational is what it is." Dean says.

"Look, man. No one asked you to come." Sam says.

"Why don't we swing  by the roadhouse instead? I mean, we haven't heard anything on the demon lately. We should be hunting that son of a bitch down."

"That's a good idea, you should. Just drop me off, I'll hitch a ride, and I'll meet you there tomorrow."

"Right. Heh. Stuck... stuck with those people, making awkward small talk until you show up? No thanks." Dean says.

"Oh, please, you'd be hitting on Jo the whole time." Natalie says.

"I would not." Dean argues.

"You could take the girls." Sam suggests, nodding back to the two children.

"Ophelia doesn't like talking to stranger for longer than five minutes and Libby doesn't have a super large vocabulary. And the vocabulary she does have, I still struggle to understand half the time. Don't think it'd go far, I'd still have to do most of the talking." Dean shuts the idea down.

"I think we should just all go after seeing your mommy's grave." Ophelia says. "Cause then the twinnies can talk to Larissa and Jacob." She grins.

"And why would we do that?" Natalie asks.

"Cause you like him." Ophelia points at her aunt. "And he likes her." She points to Sam.

"I do not." The twins object.

"Well, they like you guys." Ophelia says. "Uncle Sammy only gets flustered around pretty girls. And he got flustered around Larissa."

"How do you know what flustered means?" Sam asks.

"I'm smart." Ophelia grins.

"Okay, Urkel, well, don't get any hopes up. We don't like them." Natalie says.

"I bet you five bucks you will." Ophelia says.

"Gambling with a six year old? No, thank you." Natalie says.

"Whatever. It's just cause you'll know you lose." Ophelia shrugs.

"Dean, you've raised a monster." Dean says.

"Hey, I just feed her and act like myself. It ain't my fault." Dean says.

"Fine. Five bucks. I won't like Jacob because I don't have a crush on him." Natalie says.

"Deal." Ophelia grins, holding her hand out. Natalie shakes her hand. "Uncle Sammy?" She gives her uncle puppy dog eyes.

"I'm not gonna take money from you, Ophi." Sam says.

"You won't. I'll be taking money from you. So, therefore, you can bet." She grins.

"Fine. Five bucks." Sam says, holding his hand out. Ophelia giggles as she shakes his hand.

+++

Natalie and Sam are standing at Mary's headstone and Sam is holding Libby. Sam pulls out some dogtags and kneels down.

"I think, um... I think you should have these. Dad would want that." Sam says, putting the dogtags in a small hole and covering them up with dirt. "I love you, mom."

"Is your mommy with my mommy?" Libby asks.

"Yeah. Yeah, I guess so. They're in the same place." Sam tells her.

"Do they know each other? And Uncle Noah?" Libby asks.

"Maybe." Sam shrugs. "If they do, I bet they're taking good care of each other." He says, kissing Libby on the cheek.

~ ~ ~

Dean holds Ophelia's hand as they're standing by a gravestone that has "Loving Father" on it.

"Are you okay?" Ophelia asks her dad.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine, O." Dean says.

"You don't feel fine." Ophelia says.

"Oph... look, I know you probably have a weight off your shoulders since we all know about your psychic thing now, but you don't have to out everybody's feelings 24/7. Capiche?" Dean says.

"Capiche." Ophelia mutters. "Sorry." She looks down, kicking some dirt around.

"I--" Dean sighs. He picks her up, holding her. "I'm not mad." He tells her. "Just... just reel back a bit, okay, babe?"

"Okay." Ophelia nods. Dean kisses her on the forehead.

Dean walks over to a dying tree and knocks on the trunk. He notices a perfect circle of dead grass surrounding a gravestone. Dean crouches down, touching some dead flowers.

~ ~ ~

"Angela Mason." Dean says, walking over to his siblings and niece, Ophelia's hand in his. "She was a student at the local college, funeral was three days ago."

"And?" Sam asks as they head back to the car.

"And? You saw her grave. Everything dead around it, in a perfect circle? You don't think that's a little weird?" Dean asks.

"Maybe the groundskeeper went a little argo with the pesticide." Sam shrugs.

"No, I asked him, I asked him. No pesticide, no chemicals. Nobody can explain it." Dean says.

"Okay, so what are you thinking?" Sam asks.

"I dunno. Unholy ground, maybe?"

"Un--" Sam stops.

"What? If something evil happened there, it could easily poison the ground. Remember the-the farm outside of Cedar Rapids?"

"Yeah, b--"

"Could be the sign of a demonic presence. Or the-the Angela girl's spirit, if it's powerful enough." Dean says and Sam nods, turning away. "Well, don't get too excited, you might pull something."

"It's just... stumbling onto a hunt. Here, of all places?" Sam asks.

"So?" Dean asks.

"So... are you sure this is about a hunt and not something else?" Sam asks.

"Ah, jeez." Natalie mumbles.

"What else would it be about?" Dean asks.

"You know, just forget it." Sam sighs, walking towards the Impala.

"You believe what you want, Sam, but I let you drag my ass out here, the least we could do is check this out."

"Yeah. Fine."

"Girl's dad works in town. He's a professor at the school."

+++

They get to the college and knock on the door to Angela's dad's office.

"Dr. Mason?" Dean asks after the man opens the door.

"Yes?" Dr. Mason asks.

"I'm Sam. This is Dean and Natalie. Uh, Libby and Ophelia. We were friends of Angela's. We... we wanted to offer our condolences." Sam says.

"Please, come in." Dr. Mason lets them walk in and shuts the door behind them. The twins and Dr. Mason all sit down, Libby on Sam's lap, and Dean looks through the bookshelf. Ophelia goes over to Natalie and sits on her lap.

"She was beautiful." Sam says as Dr. Mason flips through a photo album.

"Yes, she was." Dr. Mason sadly smiles.

"This is an unusual book." Dean comments, holding up a book.

"It's ancient Greek. I teach a course." Dr. Mason says.

"So a car accident, that's-that's horrible." Dean says.

"Angie was only a mile away from here when, uh..." Dr. Mason trails off. Ophelia wishes she could make him feel better, the overwhelming grief radiating off of him making her heart break. It reminds her of what Sam felt like when Libby drowned.

"It's gotta be hard. Losing someone like that. Sometimes it's like they're s-still around. Almost like you can still sense their presence. You ever feel anything like that?" Dean asks.

"I do, as a matter of fact." Dr. Mason says.

"That's perfectly normal, Dr. Mason. Especially with what you're going through." Sam says while staring at Dean.

"You know, I still phone her. And the phone's ringing before I remember that, uh... family's everything, you know? Angie was the most important thing in my life. And now, I-I-I'm just lost without her."

"I understand." Sam says, weakly smiling, his grip tightening around Libby a little. "We're very sorry." He says.

+++

They're at the motel and it's nighttime. Libby is asleep while Ophelia is paying attention to the TV.

"I'm telling you, there's something going on here. We just haven't found it yet." Dean says.

"Dean, so far, you've got a patch of dead grass and nothing." Sam says.

"Well, something turned that grave into unholy ground." Dean says.

"There's no reason for it to be unholy ground. Angela Mason was a nice girl who died in a car crash. That's not exactly vengeful spirit material. You heard her father."

"Yeah, well, maybe daddy doesn't know everything there is to know about his little angel, huh?"

"You know what? We never should have bothered that poor man. We shouldn't even be here anymore."

"So what, Sam? What, we just bail? Without even figuring out what's going on?"

"I think I know what's going on here. It's the only reason I went along with you this far."

"What are you talking about?"

"This is about mom's grave."

"That's got nothing to do with it."

"You wouldn't step within a hundred yards of it. Look, maybe you're imaging a hunt where there isn't one so you don't have to think about mom. Or dad." Sam suggests and Dean turns to him. "You wanna take another swing? Go ahead, if it'll make you feel better."

"Can we not?" Natalie asks.

"I don't need this shit." Dean says, grabbing his jacket and keys.

"Dean, where are you going?" Sam asks as Dean walks to the door.

"I'm going to get a drink. Alone." Dean states before leaving and Sam sighs.

"You know, your guys' anger gets really annoying." Ophelia comments.

"I agree. And I can't even feel it." Natalie says.

"Would you two go to sleep or something?" Sam grumbles, going to the bathroom.

+++

Natalie and the girls are at a vending machine, getting what they can for breakfast.

"Hey." Dean walks up.

"Hey." Natalie mutters.

"Daddy!" Ophelia hugs him.

"Hey, baby." Dean hugs her back, ruffling her hair.

"Where were you? Find a, um... overnight buddy?" Natalie asks.

"No. No buddies." Dean says.

They head back to the room, Sam sitting on the end of one of the beds.

"Next, on the Skin channel, Casa Erotica Four. A tale of two Latin beauties--" Sam startles when the door opens and he scrambles for the remote and turns the TV off before tossing the remote away.

"Hey." He greets, his siblings staring at him, though the two children are thankfully oblivious.

"Awkward." Dean comments.

"Glad I took them with me." Natalie mutters.

"Where in the hell were you?" Sam asks Dean. Libby walks over to him, holding her arms out and Sam lifts her onto his lap.

"Working my imaginary case." Dean says.

"Yeah? And?" Sam asks.

"Well, you were right, I didn't find much." Dean says. "Yeah. Except Angela's boyfriend died last night. Slit his own throat. But, you know, that's normal. Uh, let's see, what else? Oh, he was seeing Angela everywhere before he died. But you know, I'm sure that's juts me transferring my own feelings."

"Okay, drama queen, can we get the info without the stupid little remarks?" Natalie asks.

"Yeah, I get it. I'm sorry, maybe there is something going on here." Sam says.

"Maybe? Sam, I know how to do my job, despite what you might think." Dean says.

"We should check out the guy's apartment." Sam says.

"I just came from there. Pile of dead plants, just like the cemetery. Hell, dead goldfish, too." Dean says.

"The fishies are dead?" Libby asks.

"Uh... yeah. Yeah, sorry, kiddo." Dean mutters and Libby pouts.

"So, unholy ground?" Sam asks.

"Maybe. I'm still not getting that powerful angry spirit vibe from Angela. I have been reading this, though." Dean holds up a journal.

"You stole the girl's diary?" Sam asks.

"Yeah, Sam. And if anything, the girl's a little too nice." Dean says.

"So, what do you want to do?" Sam asks.

"Keep digging, talk to more of her friends." Dean says.

"You get any names?"

"Are you kidding me? I have her bestest friend in the whole wide world." Dean says, holding up the diary.

+++

"I didn't realize the college employed grief counselors." Neil says.

"Oh, yeah. Yeah, you talk, we listen. Or maybe throw in a little therapeutic collage, whatever jumpstarts the healing." Dean says.

"Well, I think I'm okay. Thanks." Neil says.

"Well, you heard what happened to Matt Harrison, right?" Sam asks.

"Yeah, I did." Neil nods.

"Well, we just wanted to make sure you were okay. Grief can make people do crazy things." Sam says.

"Look, I'm sorry about what happened to him. I am. But if Matt killed himself it wasn't cause of grief." Neil says.

"No? Then why?" Dean asks.

"It was guilt. Angie's death was Matt's fault and he knew it." Neil says.

"How was Matt responsible?" Natalie asks.

"Well, she really loved that guy. But the night of the accident, she walked in on him with another girl." Neil says. "She was really torn up, that's why she crashed the car. Um, look, I gotta get ready for work, so... thanks for the concern, but... seriously, I'll be okay."

~ ~ ~

"Well, that vengeful spirit theory's starting to make a little more sense. I mean, hell hath no fury." Dean says as they walk down the street.

"So if Angela got her revenge on Matt, you think it's over?" Sam asks.

"Well, there's one way to be sure." Dean says as they get in the car where the girls are.

"Yeah? What's that?" Sam asks.

"Burn the bones." Dean says.

"Burn the bones?" Sam scoffs. "Are you high? Angela died last week."

"So?" Dean asks.

"So, there's not gonna be bones. There's gonna be a ripe, rotting body in the coffin." Sam says.

"Ew." Ophelia mumbles.

"Since when are you afraid to get dirty? Huh?" Dean asks.

"I'll be on babysitting detail." Natalie volunteers.

"Oh, now you wanna babysit." Dean rolls his eyes.

+++

The two girls are asleep in the car, Natalie standing by the grave and holding a flashlight so Sam and Dean can see while they finish digging the grave. They get to the coffin and break it open, the three finding it empty.

"They buried the body four days ago." Dean says.

"I don't get it." Sam says. "Look." He points something carved into the inside of the coffin.

"What is that?" Dean asks.

"I'm not sure." Sam mutters.

"I've seen these kind of symbols before." Dean says.

+++

They get to Dr. Mason's house and Dean bangs on the door. It's daytime and Sam is holding Libby while Natalie is holding Ophelia's hand.

"Dean. Take it easy, okay?" Sam warns before the door opens.

"You're Angie's friends, right?" Dr. Mason asks.

"Dr. Mason..." Sam gently starts before Dean harshly cuts him off.

"We need to talk."

"Well, then, come in." Dr. Mason says.

"Thanks." Sam smiles, the Winchesters walking in.

"Thank you." Natalie politely smiles.

"You teach ancient Greek. Tell me -- what are these?" Dean asks, showing Dr. Mason the paper he used to copy the symbols in the coffin.

"I don't understand. You said this had something to do with Angela." Dr. Mason says.

"It does. Please, just humor me." Dean says.

"They're part of an ancient Greek divination ritual." Dr. Mason says.

"Used for necromancy, right?" Dean asks.

"That's right." Dr. Mason nods.

"See, before we came over here, we stopped by the library and did a little homework ourselves. Apparently they sued rituals like this one for communicating with the dead. Even bringing corpses back to life. Full on zombie action."

"Yes. I mean, according to the legends. Now, what's all this about?" Dr. Mason asks. Ophelia tugs on Natalie's jacket, forcing her aunt to lean down.

"He's really confused." Ophelia whispers. "Wouldn't he feel guilty if it was him? I know daddy thinks he's acting confused, but he wouldn't feel confused if it was him, right?"

"More than likely not." Natalie whispers. She stands up, walking closer to Sam. "Oph says he's confused. No idea what the fuck Dean is talking about."

"I think you know." Dean says. Sam glances around, seeing all of the plants alive and well.

"Dean." Sam tries to warn.

"Look, I get it. Okay? There are people that I would give anything to see again. But what gives you the right?" Dean asks.

"Dean!" Sam yells.

"What are you talking about?" Dr. Mason asks.

"What's dead should stay dead!"

"What?!"

"Stop it!" Sam yells.

"What you brought back isn't even your daughter anymore. These things are vicious, they're violent, they're so nasty they rot the ground around them. I mean, come on, haven't you seen Pet Semetary?"

"You're insane."

"Where is she?"

"Daddy, it wasn't him." Ophelia says, though her words fall on deaf ears.

"Get out of my house." Dr. Mason orders, picking the phone up and starting to dial, but Dean knocks it out of his hand.

"Dean!" Natalie yells.

"I know you're hiding her somewhere. Where is she?!" Dean asks.

"Dean! Stop, that's enough! Dean, look!" Sam finally gets Dean's attention and points to a row of plants by the window. "Beautiful, living plants." He turns to Dr. Mason. "We're leaving." He assures.

"I'm calling the police." Dr. Mason says as Dean storms to the door.

"Sir, we're sorry. We won't bother you again." Sam says, the twins rushing outside with the girls and they catch up to Dean.

"What the hell is the matter with you, Dean?" Sam asks.

"Back off." Dean snaps.

"That man is innocent! He didn't deserve that!" Sam exclaims.

"Okay, so she's not here, maybe he's keeping her somewhere else." Dean says.

"It's not him!" Ophelia yells.

"Oph, I know you're smart, but that doesn't mean you fucking know everything!" Dean yells and she flinches at his loud voice.

Libby whines, covering her ears as the loud voices continue. Sam puts a hand on her back, rubbing it.

"Dean!" Natalie glares at him.

"You scared him and he was confused! That doesn't scream guilty!" Ophelia exclaims. "Just because you're mad doesn't make you fucking right!"

"Car!" Dean orders, pointing to the Impala. Ophelia sticks her tongue out at him as she storms over to the Impala and gets in. She stares at her father as she makes sure to slam the door shut as hard as she can knowing he hates that.

Natalie winces, knowing she's gonna kill them all when she's older.

"Sam, I know what I'm doing." Dean says.

"What? Like snapping at your six year old daughter?" Sam asks. "No, you don't know. At all. Dean, I don't scare easy, but man, you're scaring the shit out of me." Sam says.

"Don't be overdramatic, Sam." Dean rolls his eyes.

"You're lucky this turned out to be a real case. Because if it wasn't, you would have just found something else to kill." Sam says.

"Wha--"

"You're on edge, you're erratic -- except for when you're hunting, because then you're downright scary. You're tailspinning, man. And you refuse to talk about it and you won't let us help you."

"I can take care of myself, thanks."

"No, you can't. And you know what? You're the only one who thinks you should have to. You don't have to handle this on your own, Dean, no one can."

"Sam, if you bring up dad's death one more time I swear--"

"Stop. Please, Dean, it's killing you. Please. We've lost dad. We've lost mom. Nat and I have lost Jessica and Noah. And now we're going to lose you too? Ophelia's gonna lose you?"

"We better get out of here before the cops come." Dean says after a moment and Sam frowns at him. "I hear you, okay? Yeah, I'm being an ass. And I'm sorry. But right now we've got a fucking zombie running around, and we need to figure out how to kill it." He says and Sam laughs. "Right?"

"Our lives are weird, man." Sam says.

"You're telling me? Come on."

"Car ride with Ophelia and you? That should be fun." Natalie mutters.

+++

They get to the motel and Dean takes Ophelia inside, making the twins and Libby stay inside.

"Oph--"

"Sit down and don't talk. Yeah, yeah, yeah." Ophelia huffs, rolling her eyes, going to sit at the table.

"No." Dean grabs her arm and gently stops her. He kneels in front of her. "I'm sorry for... for being mean and scary. And yelling some possible hurtful words at you. Though, nobody knows absolutely everything, but you are very smart and I'm proud of you for that."

"I'm sorry for directing the F word at you." Ophelia says, looking down. "But I do still think I'm right. Bad guys aren't usually confused or scared. At least not scared from you yelling."

"I know. And I'll take your thoughts and, uh... whatever you call this empathy thing into more consideration when you can tell if it could be a bad guy or not." Dean says.

Ophelia holds her pinky out and Dean softly smiles. He hooks his pinky around hers, using it to drag her closer and he kisses her on the forehead.

+++

It's nighttime and the girls are asleep while the siblings are still trying to figure out how to kill Angela and find out who brought her back.

"We can't just waste it with a head shot?" Dean asks.

"Dude. You've been watching way too many Romero flicks." Sam says.

"You're telling me there's no lore on how to smoke 'em." Dean says.

"No, Dean, I'm telling you, there's too much. I mean, there's a hundred different legends on the walking dead, but they all have different methods for killing them." Sam says. "Some say setting them on fire, uh, one said, where it is? Right here. Feeding their hearts to wild dogs. That's my personal favorite. I mean, who knows what's real and what's myth?"

"Is there anything they all have in common?" Dean asks.

"No. But a few said silver might work." Sam says.

"Silver's a start." Dean says.

"Yeah. But now how are we going to find Angela?" Sam asks.

"We've got to figure out the person who brought her back." Dean says.

"Any ideas?" Sam asks.

"I think if it's not her dad, it might be that guy Neil." Dean says.

"Neil?"

"Yep." Dean walks over and grabs Angela's diary.

"How'd you come up with that?" Sam asks.

"Well, you've got your journal, I've got mine." Dean says. ""Neil's a real shoulder to cry on, he so understands what I'm going through with Matt."" He reads. "There's more in here where that came from. It's got unrequited Duckie love written all over it."

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean he brought her back from the dead."

"Hmm. Did I mention he's Professor Mason's TA? Has access to all the same books." Dean says.

"That would've been a good point to lead with." Natalie says.

+++

They break into Neil's house.

"Hello? Neil?!" Dean quietly calls. "It's your grief counselors -- we've come to hug." He pulls his gun out.

"Silver bullets?" Sam asks.

"Yeah, enough to make her rattle like a change purse." Dean says.

They search through the house, Dean walking in front of the twins, holding his gun out. They spot wilted plants by a window. Dean nods to the basement door.

"Unless it's where he keeps his porn..." Dean says.

Sam opens the door and Dean walks in, the twins following. They go downstairs, but it's empty.

"Sure looks like a zombie pen to me." Dean says.

"Yeah. An empty one. You think Angela's going after somebody?" Sam asks. Dean finds a loose grate and pulls it aside, finding that it leads out somewhere.

"Nah, I think she went out to rent Beaches." Dean remarks.

"Hilarious, Dean." Natalie rolls her eyes.

"I know." He grins.

"Look, smartass, she might kill someone. We gotta find her, Dean." Sam says.

"Yeah. All right. She, uh, she clipped Matt because he was cheating, right?" Dean asks.

"Yeah." Sam nods.

"Well, it takes two to, you know, have hardcore sex." Dean says. Sam shakes his head and Natalie rolls her eyes. "I don't know, it just seemed that, uh, Angela's roommate was broken up over Matt's death. I mean, like, really broken up."

+++

They get to Angela and Lindsey's place and rush in, Angela trying to stab Lindsey with a pair of scissors. Dean shoots Angela multiple times and she convulses.

She screams and bolts out the window, Dean following her while the twins run to Lindsey.

"Gotcha. I gotcha." Sam assures and Dean soon gets back.

"Damn, that dead chick can run." Dean pants.

"What now?" Sam asks.

"I say we got have a little chat with Neil." Dean says.

+++

"So, the silver bullets, they did something, right?" Sam asks.

"Yeah, something, but not enough. What else you got?" Dean asks while driving.

"Um, okay, besides silver, we have... nailing the undead back into their gravebeds. It's mentioned a few times. It's probably where the whole vampire staking lore came from." Sam says.

"Their gravebeds? You serious?"

"Yeah."

"How the hell are we going to get Angela back to the cemetery?"

+++

They get to Neil's office and go in, finding him sitting down, the lights still off.

"What are you guys doing here?" Neil asks.

"You know, I've heard of people doing some pretty desperate things to get laid, but you-- you take the cake." Dean says.

"Okay. Who are you guys?" Neil asks.

"You might want to ask Angela that question." Dean says.

"What?" Neil asks.

"We know what you did. The ritual? Everything." Sam says.

"You're crazy." Neil scoffs.

"Nah, I-I think you're the crazy one." Natalie counters.

"Your girlfriend's past her expiration date and we're crazy?" Dean asks. "When someone's gone, they should stay gone. You don't mess with that kind of stuff."

"Angela killed Matt. She tried to kill Lindsey." Sam says.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Neil says. Dean storms over and yanks Neil up by the collar of his shirt.

"Hey! No more shit, Neil. His blood is on your hands. Now. Me and him and her can make this right, but you've gotta tell us where she is." Dean says. "Tell us!"

"My house. She's at my house." Neil says. Dean lets go of him before spotting the dead plants.

"You sure about that?" Dean asks. Neil nods, looking around nervously. Dean looks past him and spots a closet.

"Listen. It doesn't really matter where she is." Dean says, raising his voice a bit. "There's only one way to stop her. We've got to perform another ritual over her grave to reverse the one that you did. We're going to need some black root, some-some scar weed, some candles... it's very complicated, but it'll get the job done. She'll be dead again in a couple hours. I think you should come with us. I'm serious, Neil. Leave with us. Right now."

"No. No." Neil denies. Dean leans closer to him, lowering his voice.

"Listen to me. Get out of here as soon as you can. But most of all, be cool. No sudden movements. Don't make her mad." He says. "Let's go." He tells the twins and the three leave.

+++

The three are at Angela's grave and light the candles around it.

"You really think this is going to work?" Sam asks.

"No, not really. But it was the only thing I could come up with." Dean says.

They hear a noise and nod to each other. Sam stands up and pulls a gun out of the back of his jeans. He goes in the direction of the sound.

The two hear a gunshot after a few moments and soon, Sam is running back with Angela chasing him. Angela tackles Sam to the ground, grabbing his head. Before she can hurt him, Dean and Natalie shoot her. She stands up and turns to them, the two shooting her more times until she falls into her open grave.

Dean grabs the silver blade and runs for the grave, sliding on his knees the last little bit and diving into the coffin. Natalie runs over to Sam.

"Hey. Hey, hey, you okay?" Natalie asks, helping him sit up. Sam groans in pain which Natalie assumes means he could be better.

Dean stabs Angela, pinning her to the coffin. She dies and Dean moves back.

"What's dead should stay dead."

+++

The three siblings get done reburying Angela's coffin.

"Rest in peace." Sam says.

"Yeah. For good this time, okay?" Dean says.

They get their stuff and start to walk to the car.

"You know, that whole fake ritual thing, luring Angela into the cemetery? Pretty sharp." Sam says.

"Thanks." Dean replies.

"But did we have to use me as bait?"

"I figured you were more her type. You know, she had pretty crappy taste in guys."

"Plus, I beat you in rock, paper, scissors." Natalie grins and Sam rolls his eyes.

"I think she broke my hand." Sam says

"You're just too fragile. We'll get it looked at later." Dean says.

"You want to stay for a while?" Sam asks, noticing Dean looking towards Mary's grave.

"No." Dean answers.

+++

They got the girls from the motel and Dean is driving. However, he pulls over onto the shoulder and gets out. The twins share a look.

"Stay here, guys." Sam tells the two kids before he and Natalie get out, joining Dean who is sitting on the hood of the car.

"Dean, what is it?" Sam asks.

"I'm sorry." Dean says after a moment.

"You-- for what?" Sam asks.

"The way I've been acting." Dean says. Natalie sits next to Dean, but makes sure to keep a little space between them and Sam sits on the other side of his brother. "And for dad. I mean, he was your dad, too. And I know, it's... it's all complicated since he-he was dad, but he was a shitty one. And it's my fault that he's gone."

"What are you talking about?" Sam asks.

"I know you've been thinking it -- so have I. Doesn't take a genius to figure it out. Back at the hospital, I made a full recovery. Natty came back to life. It was a miracle, and I'm not sure there's any reasonable explanation for a girl coming back from the dead. And five minutes later, dad's dead and the colt's gone."

"Two for two." Natalie mumbles.

"Dean." Sam says.

"You can't tell me there's not a connection there. I don't know how the demon was involved. I don't know how the whole thing went down exactly. But dad's dead because of me. And that much I do know."

"Okay, well, if he's dead because of you, then he's also dead cause of me. And, plus, we don't know that. Not for sure." Natalie says.

"Guys... you four--" Dean points between the twins and then back to the car. "You're the most important people in my life. And now... I never should've come back, Sam. It wasn't natural. Natty wasn't natural. And now look what's come of it. We were dead. And as much as I hate it for her, we should've stayed dead. You wanted to know how I was feeling. Well, that's it."

"So tell me. What could you possibly say to make that all right?"

"Well, it's not gonna make it all right, but I'm a little hurt." Natalie mumbles.

"I don't want you dead." Dean says. "But coming back to life isn't exactly natural."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 194 11
❝Things don't quite seem to work out for us, do they?❞ ❝It never does for people like us.❞ . . β€’ β˜† . Β° .β€’ -ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-Β°:. *β‚Š Β° . Adelaide Booker and...
543K 14.4K 68
Sam left his family to attend Stanford University. There he comes across a girl by the name of Jess. The duo hit it off which leads to Jess giving bi...
17K 354 20
Dean rescues 5 year old Hayden from her abusive family and takes her under his wing. After recruiting his brother, Sam to find their father, the two...
50.1K 1.6K 17
Miranda Carpenter Series: Gorgeous Sparks Fly Falling like the Stars Say You Won't Let Go I DON'T own Sam Winchester or anything related to Supernatu...