No Rules In Bad Ideas | Book...

By mimisarai

A Sports Romance • Basketball/Soccer/Lacrosse • Two Neighbor Enemies. One Fake Relationship. • "I'm sick and... More

Introduction
Main Characters Aesthetics
Playlist
Part One
ʚїɞ │ Prologue
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea One
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Two
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Three
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Four
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Five
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Six
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Seven
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Eight
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Nine
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Ten
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Eleven
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Twelve
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Thirteen
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Fourteen
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Fifteen
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Sixteen
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Seventeen
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Eighteen
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Nineteen
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Twenty
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Twenty: Bonus Chapter
Part Two
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Twenty-One
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Twenty-Two
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Twenty-Three
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Twenty-Four
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Twenty-Five
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Twenty-Six
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Twenty-Seven
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Twenty-Seven: Bonus Chapter
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Twenty-Eight
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Twenty-Nine
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Thirty
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Thirty-One
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Thirty-Two
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Thirty-Three
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Thirty-Four: Part One
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Thirty-Five: Part Two
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Thirty-Five: Bonus Chapter
Part Three
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Thirty-Six
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Thirty-Seven
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Thirty-Eight
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Thirty-Nine
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Forty
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Forty-One
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Forty-Two
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Forty-Three
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Forty-Four
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Forty-Five
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Forty-Six
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Forty-Seven
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Forty-Eight
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Forty-Nine
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Fifty
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Fifty-One
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Fifty-Two
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Fifty-Three
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Fifty-Four
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Fifty-Five
Part Four
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Fifty-Six
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Fifty-Seven
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Fifty-Eight
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Fifty-Nine
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Sixty
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Sixty-One
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Sixty-Two
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Sixty-Four
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Sixty-Five
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Sixty-Six
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Sixty-Seven
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Sixty-Eight
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Sixty-Nine
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Seventy
ʚїɞ │Epilogue
ʚїɞ │Thank You My Butterflies
ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Right?

ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Sixty-Three

6.1K 157 29
By mimisarai

Song: New Classic

By: Selena Gomez & Drew Steeley

Dedicated to: Rosa, who loves this song as much as me.

It's the lacrosse championship games and I have made the greatest mistake of letting Khloe braid my hair while Josie paints Malia's jersey number on my face.

"You should've shaved today. Your facial hair is getting in the way." Josie purposely tilts my head back and Khloe accidentally pulls on my hair.

"I'm so sorry!" Khloe quickly apologizes before going back to braiding.

I glare at Josie, "Malia said she likes it, so I'm keeping it."

Josie huffs next to me before going back to painting my girlfriend's jersey number on my cheek.

"If I wasn't team Reynandez from the start I would've complained."

I raise an eyebrow at her and snort, "Reynandez?"

Khloe giggles next to me and says, "We couldn't put your two first names together because of the M's, so last names it is."

"Right, so my relationship is some type of drama show to you guys?"

"Uh, yeah. You guys could have your tv show considering everything that went on. Like who the hell breaks up for no reason?" Josie playfully rolls her eyes and before I can say anything, another voice speaks first, "Yeah, well you can blame me for that."

A smile takes over my face when I spot Malia standing in front of me. She bends down and places a quick kiss on my lips.

"Hi, baby," I tell her and she gives me another kiss. Then she sits down next to me, groaning loudly.

I can't look at her since Josie is finishing up the last coat of paint and Khloe is still working on my hair.

"You okay?" I place my hand on her thigh and she sighs, "I'm stressing out."

"Why?"

"Finals just ended, I sent in my drawings to fashion designers, and today is the championship games."

"Don't forget we learn who's Valedictorian today too." Mark adds on behind us and she flicks him off, "Don't remind me."

She lays her head on my shoulder but then suddenly sits up straight. Looking at us with a confused look.

"What are you guys doing to my boyfriend?" She raises an eyebrow at us and takes a bite of her apple.

Boyfriend.

She called me her boyfriend.

It's been so surreal being in a public relationship with Malia. It almost feels like it's all a dream.

We spent the first two days back together...in bed. I can say that sex marathons are seriously underrated. Especially when it's with someone you missed so much.

On Monday, two weeks ago, we decided to drive together to school. Everyone saw us and I swear people could never whisper. But the real kicker came when I kissed her in the hallway and walked her to class.

It took some time for people to shut up about us but by the end of the week, it was known that their lacrosse and soccer captains are officially back together.

I can say though we do get a bit awkward when Easton passes by. He and I don't talk much anymore but once in a while, we do say hi. It's a start and hopefully in a few months or years even, we can reconnect and laugh about all that happened.

The group wasn't shocked when we told them that we were back together. They are all happy for us and begged us to keep the PDA to a minimum.

We'll think about that last part.

"They're helping me show my support."

"By making you look pretty?" She snorts and I half shrug, "You can't be the only pretty one there."

Malia playfully rolls her eyes as goes to finish the rest of her apple.

"Okay, done!" Josie claps her hands together and I can finally put my neck straight. It almost hurts a little.

"Me too!" Khloe pats my back and I lean forward so she can get up from the table.

"Awe, you guys look so cute! Let's take a picture!" Loui gushes at us and I cover my face with my hand, "No paparazzi, please."

"Shut up and smile." Malia laughs and wraps her arm around mine.

We place our heads together and smile as Loui takes pictures of us.

At that moment my eyes wander off and I find myself meeting eye contact with Maddie.

I haven't talked to her since everything went down. There are times I do miss her, she was my best friend for a long time and we've been through so much. But what she did wasn't okay and a big part of me can't process the fact she would ever do something so viscous like that. I also can't seriously blame her when I'd do anything for the girl I love.

Maybe one day we can talk about it and move on.

I don't know.

I glance away from her and Christian comes up to us, "Wait, you three are in the running for Valedictorian?"

Loui rolls his eyes, "I told you this! You never listen to me."

"I do listen. I just forget, but seriously who do you think is going to win?" Christian gives us a smug look and the three running opponents look at each other.

Mark is the first one to speak, "Well, I flunked my finals so Mauricio or Malia it is."

"Well, no offense Mauricio but I hope it's Malia. She'd give an amazing speech." Khloe side hugs Malia and Mark is quick to scoff, "What and I wouldn't?"

Khloe's face falls at the sound of his voice. She slowly lets go of Malia and mumbles, "I didn't say that."

"Right. You never say anything." His jaw clenches and he glares down at the floor.

What the hell is going on?

Nope, none of my business.

"Alright, well, it doesn't matter because we all know in the end I'll be the one people will remember." I wink at Malia who rolls her eyes, "And why's that?"

I clear my throat and put my hands up as if I'm showing the future, "Picture this...Mauricio Reyes, world cup champion. Front page news."

Malia snorts next to me and copies my future hands, "How about Mauricio Reyes...husband of icon fashion designer Malia Hernandez."

"Mhm, you're right. That sounds better." I give her a small kiss which she returns.

"You guys make me feel so single." Josie groans next to us and Mark yells over at her, "I can be your boyfriend!", "Yeah, no. Fuck off."

The group bursts out laughing and Mark is no longer angry, he's pouting like a damn puppy. Elias sneakingly punches him on the arm and I'm the only one who catches it.

The bell rings and Malia quickly stands up, "Alright, see you guys later. Wish me luck!"

"Bye Mal! Good luck!" Everyone waves goodbye and she thanks them.

I stand up and grab her face, "Good luck, baby. You got this. Lucky charm remember?"

She snorts lightly, "I don't think it works if I'm the one who's playing this time." I bring my eyebrows together and shrug, "Well, then I'm your lucky charm."

Malia smiles at me before she leans forward and presses her lips against mine. She even slips a little bit of her tongue before pulling away.

"You're a brat." I mumble at her and she chuckles, "I love you too. See you later, Reyes."

I watch my butterfly walk away from me.

But this time I know she'll be back. This time my heart doesn't break and drop to the pit of my stomach. No, this time it is content and happy knowing I'd never watch her walk away again like I did that day everything went down.

"Man, you're whipped." Tyler snickers behind me and I flick him off.

How could I not be?

She's Malia Hernandez.

"This is not how it was on Teen Wolf." Remi covers her eyes and shakes her head.

Elias snorts next to her and says, "Teen Wolf had boys lacrosse and werewolves. Trust me... girl's lacrosse is much more aggressive."

"Is it though?" Christian squints his eyes at Elias and then Elias points to the girls on the field. One of them has thrown themselves on top of another girl, blocking her from throwing the ball in the goal.

Of course, tackling is forbidden so the girl ends up being kicked out for violation and replaced with another.

"Technically men's lacrosse is more aggressive since they can body check. But women's lacrosse is more technical." I shrug at them as everyone stares at me with a "seriously" face.

"Look, Malia has the ball!" Meliana jumps up from her seat and we all follow suit.

Malia dodges past the opponents, holding her stick closely to her chest. She does almost lose her balance but doesn't fall. And with one swing, the ball flies past the goalie and into the net.

Our side of the bleachers goes crazy and I jump up in excitement.

"That's my girl!" I yell with my hands cupping the sides of my mouth.

Malia celebrates with her team before looking over at the bleachers and pounding her stick in the air.

"Let's go, Malia!" Angelina and Vikki yell behind me, Lina being on Vikki's shoulders.

Everyone is here including my family. Well, Malia's dad wasn't able to leave work early but he'll be here in a bit. We're only in the first half and Lilybeth is recording on her phone for him. It should be all good.

I sit back down with everyone else and Josie passes me on the signs they made. I hold it up in the air and yell my girl's name.

After the first half finishes, our team is in winning. Samuel got here right before it finished and is watching the video Lilybeth recorded to catch up.

"Do I have to pick a sport when I come to high school?" Angelina asks the group and we all shake our heads.

"Remi and Aaron aren't in any sports. And if you enter with the academic scholarship—which you will—all you need is to have good grades. Sports is just a bonus for some of us. Khloe doesn't play a sport but she does ballet. Even then she got the scholarship because of her grades."

Angelina nods her head, "I'll play the violin. Maybe I can join my school's music club."

"We do have an orchestra here at Morhills Academy. My sister plays the piano." Tyler speaks up beside me and Angelina smiles at his words, "That's perfect!"

Man, I didn't realize in a few years she'll be coming here. Angelina will be entering seventh grade while Reuben will be entering high school.

Fucking shit.

We're all growing up.

"And you, Reuben? Heard anything from the Morhills Academy High academic scholarship team?"

The name is a handful but it's worth saying it after it helped you join one of the best schools in California.

"Yeah, they accepted me. I'll be joining the whole sports thing too. Soccer. I talked to Mauricio's coach and we agreed on varsity." He shyly presses his lips together to stop himself from talking.

"Oh shit, congrats!" Mark grabs his shoulder and shakes him a bit. Everyone else congratulates him too. He thanks them.

"Someone else also got accepted...Lilybeth." Vikki announces to which we all congratulate her for too. She side glares at Vikki before thanking us.

"And are you sticking to lacross like Mal?" Josie asks and Lilybeth nods her head, "Yeah. I made Varsity too."

"You'll both probably end up being captains like your older siblings." I slightly flex which Josie smacks me on the head for.

"I doubt it."

"That's the plan."

I guess we will have to wait and see.

Both teams are tied. And we're left with five minutes on the clock.

I haven't been this nervous since my championship game. My heart is beating against my chest. And I swear if I tighten my fingers on the edges of the poster I am holding anymore, it will break in half.

"I swear you and Malia freaked out the same way during this time. She's going to win, Mauricio. We're going to be four-year champions." Josie smiles at me while rubbing my back and I nod my head with a small smile.

Yeah, she's right.

Christian and Josie won their championship games this week too.

Malia is the last one left and we're all filled with anticipation.

I know it's important for Malia to win this game. This will be possibly the only women's lacrosse championship she will ever get to play. There is a possibility for college but sports in college are much more different than high school. And I know she doesn't plan on playing past college.

"Thirty seconds! Morhills has the ball!" Meliana jumps up from her seat and we follow right after her.

Everyone stands up with anticipation as we watch Leilani pass the ball to Malia. The seconds go by faster than it would feel on the field.

The poster is no longer in my hands and I swear it feels as if I'm terrified.

"Come on, baby," I whisper to myself and watch as my girl uses all her might to run across the field. Dodging past every one of her opponents.

Malia swings back her stick right before swinging forward with all her strength. The ball flies straight past the goalie and into the next.

Our side of the bleachers jumps up in celebration.

"She did it! Mal did it!" I hear Lilybeth scream with excitement behind me and everyone celebrates all around me.

I stand there still with a giant smile on my face and a proud stance.

My girl did it.

"Come on, let's go!" Mark brushes past me as does everyone else.

I watched as everyone ran down the stairs of the bleachers and go straight to the field.

The lacrosse girls are jumping around with the trophy in Malia's hands. They're hugging in a circle while Malia shows off the trophy.

Once the bleachers are cleared, I let myself finally join our friends and family. Giving them enough time to congratulate them and take pictures with her.

Her back is turned to me when I get to her. She's talking to Christian and Vikki while playing with her right braid.

As if she can feel my presence, she glances over her shoulder and looks at me.

"There you are!" She turns fully around to face and tilts her head to the side, "What were you doing up there?"

I give her one of my best cocky grins, "Saving the best for last."

She laughs and says, "You're an asshole." Right before she runs to me and wraps her arms around me. In a swift move, I pick her up and press my lips against hers.

A long bruising kiss is what we needed.

I press my forehead against hers and hold her tighter, "Congratulations, Myers."

"I love you."

"Always?"

Malia nodded her head and grinned, "Always."

"The results are in bitches." Mark jumps over the couch and squeezes himself between me and Malia.

Fucking shit.

Malia rolls her eyes and leans over to him, "So, who's smarter?"

The loud music booms in my ears as we wait for Mark to open the email.

We agreed only one of us needed to read the email out loud. Mark being the cocky asshole he is, offered to do it.

Before he can open the email, Malia stops him.

"Wait!" She grabs his phone and he raises his eyebrows at her, "What?"

Malia looks between Mark and me. Uncertainty in her green eyes.

"Whatever the results are...it won't change anything between us." She places the phone facing down on Mark's lap.

"Don't be dramatic, Myers. It's not like we're going to hate each other. Now, come on...open it."

Mark snorts at my words before grabbing his phone and opening the email.

He stays quiet for a moment, reading the beginning of the email.

"Blah, blah. Not important. He's talking about how grateful he is for us. And FINALLY! Oh––" Mark cuts himself off and then turns off his phone.

Malia and I stare at him with confused looks but he ignores us. Looking anywhere but our eyes.

"Hello? What did it say?" Malia smacks Mark on the chest which he jumps at.

He stays quiet which frustrates Malia. Then she grabs his phone and puts in his passcode, going to read the email herself.

I watch as she reads for a few seconds before sucking in a dramatic breath.

"What?" I put my hands up and wave at her to tell me.

"Mark is Valedictorian! He got the best scores on the SAT and the highest GPA. Congrats, best friend!" She hugs Mark from the side which he mumbles a thank you for.

"Congrats, man!" I slap his shoulder and he nods his head, still avoiding eye contact.

"Hey..." I trail off as I squeeze his shoulder and he glances at me, "Be proud, man. It doesn't matter if your dad's business friends will be there. You won this fair and square. Okay?"

Mark smiles at me before thanking me also.

"One more thing." Malia looks at me with an awkward face and I raise an eyebrow at her, "What now?"

"We're going to be co-salutatorians. We scored the same."

Fucking shit, we did?

"Oh shit, for real?"

Malia nods her head, "The principal said we will both have separate speeches. Our time will be half and half from what originally a Salutatorian usually had."

Makes sense.

"Alright, well then I'll have to make a better speech than you. You know...for all time's sake." I wink at her which she rolls her eyes at, "Sure. Whatever you say, Reyes. Mine will be the best speech and we know it."

"We'll see about that."

"We sure will."

We're both squinting our eyes with each other while Mark sits in the middle of it.

"Yeah, you guys are a weird couple." And with that Mark stands up from the couch and walks away from us.

"I think we were hoping it wasn't him. He didn't want his dad to come to the graduation. It was the last thing Mark would ever want." Malia half shrugs and I nod my head.

I grab ahold of her hands and pull her towards me. She willingly lets me pull her on top of me and kiss those red-stained lips.

"What was that for?" She chuckles and I rub my nose against hers, "I'm just so happy that you're finally mine. Publicly that it."

"You're so cheesy, Reyes."

"Only for you, Myers."

Suddenly a very tipsy Khloe and Meliana pop up next to us with mics.

"There are some speakers outside and people are requesting you two love birds. Come on!" Khloe and Meliana pass us the mics and I snort at the look on Malia's face.

She looks unsure.

"I don't know guys...I'm pretty tired." Malia falters away but I quickly say, "Let's do it. It'll be fun."

She stares at me for a moment before nodding her head, "Fine."

We end up being pulled off the couch by Khloe and Meliana. We walk outside to Malia's teammate's backyard and find everyone standing by the speakers.

"What song are you guys choosing?" Ariana, a teammate of Malia's, speaks up while setting up her phone.

"Do we have a theme?" Malia raises her eyebrow and Ariana shrugs, "Sure. Disney Channel songs."

Hm.

One song comes to mind and I smirk.

"I got one." I wink at Malia before whispering the song to Ariana.

I don't miss the gleam in her eyes and the way she quickly goes to find the song on Spotify.

I go quickly to stand back next to Malia. She's giving me a weird look before her face suddenly falls to the sound of the song coming alive in the speakers.

She knows what song it is and so does everyone else. They all cheered and circled us, knowing what song it is.

"Anything but this one." Malia groans and I chuckle, "Why are you having flashbacks?"

Malia used to be obsessed with "Another Cinderella Story" starring Selena Gomez and Drew Seeley. She'd be in her room practicing the dance classroom scene for four hours. "New Classic" by Selena Gomez and Drew Steeley was seriously all I heard for weeks coming from her bedroom when we were younger.

We seriously need to learn to close our curtains more often. I practically saw everything. No pun intended.

"I hate you."

"I love you too, baby."

I start to sing my part of the song.

Ever tried to reach for something

But it's someone else's dream

Every step that you take forward

Malia crosses her arms over her chest and gives me a slight glare. I take this as the opportunity to do the first steps of the dance move.

The dance doesn't go with this exact song but who cares?

"Your part is coming up, Myers." I sing between the lyrics which Malia rolls her eyes at.

"Fine."

Then she begins her duet with me.

You woke me up

No longer tired

She joins me in the dance and I swear I almost stop to die from laughter.

We're seriously doing this in front of everyone. But hey, they're all enjoying it from the looks of it.

You're the new PYT

Stands for paid, young

Taking on the world from the driver's seat

My steps are sloppy but Malia is killing it. She ends up taking the shine for a bit, I'm the one who forgets some of the steps.

It's just success, not a test

You put in work to be the best

Malia stops dancing and holds out her hand, the mic still in hand. I gladly take it, our voices combining along with the song.

She pulls me against her and wraps her arm around mine. Her mic is now pointing toward me while mine is pointing toward her.

You're the new PYT

Stands for paid, young, and trying everything

Just to touch your dreams

We sing together in unison like the old times. The nostalgia of us singing together in the past sets in.

It's become so hard

For me to be surprised

She lets go of me and spins around.

You're bringing back the real me

No judgment in your eyes

That part was all me and I end up getting some hollers.

I give her a nod before we end up dancing all over again.

You're the new classic

You're the new PYT

'Cause you're paid, young, and taking on the world

We're no longer singing, losing breath from our laughter and dancing.

The song ends up becoming background noise while we put our mics down and hug each other. Everyone around us claps their hands and cheers us on.

"You guys are so embarrassing." Josie comes up to us and laughs.

"You love us, nosey." I ruffle her hair while keeping Malia under my arm.

Josie shrugs with a grin, "Eh."

"I know something she loves." Elias comes up to us and wraps an arm around Josie. She rolls her eyes before pushing off his arm.

"Fuck off," She says before taking a sip of her drink.

I raise my eyebrows at them before saying, "Alright, well, we're going to be over there. Have fun."

Malia snorts at my attempt to escape the fighting love birds. And as we're walking away from them I swear they start arguing.

I wonder what's going to happen to them during college. They are living together next year and that won't be easy.

I guess we'll find out soon.

Seven chapters left until No Rules is complete!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

201K 3.2K 30
𝑇𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑅𝑜𝑚𝑎𝑛𝑐𝑒 Two Wrongs don't make a right they simply cancel the other out but one must be held accountable. Who did the most damage? Wh...
35.2K 516 7
A series of oneshot stories featuring pairings from the characters of Ninjago! Art by @dropixle on Twitter :) created: May 22, 2020
24K 641 14
When Natsu finally realizes the importance of his loved ones after the loss and grief of a death in the guild, Natsu is sent straight into oblivion. ...
102K 1.6K 29
SLOW UPDATES ❝ 𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮. 𝐈 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐝. ❞ People don't know they have someone special until they're gone...