Confessions of the Past

By ooohjiminah_

Summary: You live a quiet life in your late grandfather's cabin in the woods. You go to school just to gradua... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
EPILOGUE

Chapter Twenty Four

1.6K 84 8
By ooohjiminah_

A/N: Thank you so much for taking the time to read this series. I appreciate you taking the time to connect with me. This is gonna be the last chapter of the series. Epilogue will be posted very soon!

————

In life, you never walk alone.

————

"Be careful, bub." You heard Jimin's voice behind you. Each of your hands were being held by a different person and Jimin's hands were on your hips to catch you in case you fell.

"Where are we going?" You giggled.

"It's a surprise, babes. Just be patient." You heard Jungkook's voice on your right. The boys had woken you up in the morning, fed you a delicious breakfast and blindfolded you, bringing you out of the house. You had no idea where you were going, trusting that your mates would take care of you.

"You're not going to kill me and leave me in some ditch, right?" You asked.

"Jagi, you and your crazy imagination." Yoongi scoffed.

"Well, for the first part of my life, I thought werewolves were also part of my imagination. And yet, here we are." You retorted, rolling your eyes behind your blindfold.

"Maybe letting her into our mind link was a bad idea. We can't keep any secrets from her." Taehyung thought.

"Excuse me?! Kim Taehyung! I heard that!" You hissed. With all the boys having mated with you, you were now a part of every mind link conversation that they had, which the boys were starting to regret.

How was life for you now? You still worked at the cafe. As for school... You couldn't graduate at the time you were supposed to because of your attendance. But Namjoon enrolled you into an online school that allowed you to complete the second half of your semester for you to at least get your high school diploma.

But after receving that, you decided not to go to college and just want to spend time building a family with the boys.

"Are we there yet?" You whined.

"Yes, my little pup." Jin removed your blindfold. You squinted your eyes a little to get used to the sudden light but when your eyes focused, you were in shock.

"W-What is this?" You looked up at the house before you.

"It's going to be our new home." Hoseok explained. This was the place where your shared house with your grandfather once stood. You never even noticed that the boys did this.

"When...?"

"We have been designing and planning the house in secret. Yoongi hyung designed the inside." Jimin said and Yoongi rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly.

"It's a beautiful house." Was all you could say, being choked up with so much emotions. They brought you in and the house was even prettier on the inside. It was modern but still had a rustic, warm feel to it. Definitely, it was a place where you could raise a family in.

"What do you think?" Yoongi asked.

"I love it. Thank you." You hugged each of them, giving them kisses as well. As you explored, you saw the photo wall. Tears welled up in your eyes and you covered your face.

"Aww, don't cry, my love." Namjoon hugged you. There were pictures of you, the boys, you and the boys, as well as you with your grandfather.

"He would have loved this." You said against his chest.

"You're carrying on his legacy." He kissed the top of your head. Seeing you cry, Taehyung pulled you into a big hear hug, rocking you gently from side to side. This was really such a great surprise.

"You once told us that you would never want to leave this place. We know it's not the same as your old house... but we're still here. You don't ever have to leave. This is your home, our home." He whispered. You nodded your head in agreement. Your whole life is here, starting with your grandfather and ending with the boys. There's no place you'd rather be.

"Let's start moving." Jin held your hand. You headed back to the house and started to pack. You didn't have much, losing quite some stuff in the fire.

"Here, let me get that." Hoseok held you take your duffel bag.

"Thank you, Hobi." You smiled as you wheeled your luggage. The boys did most of the manual labour, moving things over to the new house. Yoongi stayed with you to unpack.

"Are you excited?" Yoongi chuckled when he caught you day dreaming in the kitchen. You turned around and smiled at him.

"I never thought my life would be like this. It feels like just yesterday, I was getting home after being bullied in school and working at a stinky barbecue meat place." You said with a shrug.

"Yes, you smelled like delicious beef." Yoongi wrapped his arms around your waist.

"Then Jimin came into my life. He became the first companion I had in a long time, followed by all of you. I remember thinking, even if I wasn't a wolf, I had to find a way to join your pack. Make you guys accept a human with no reason." You giggled and Yoongi pinched your cheek.

"We were going to let you join either way." He kissed your nose.

"Hey! You guys are supposed to be unpacking, not cuddling! No fair!" Jungkook whined, stomping over to you.

"We're just reminiscing, Koo." You ruffled his hair. Yoongi rolled his eyes as how easily Jungkook was able to steal your attention away.

"I helped comfort you when you were crying!" Jungkook smiled proudly.

"Yes, you did." You thought of the memory. The first time a rogue tried to attack you, you cried and hugged Jimin but Jungkook came, whining to try and cheer you up.

"She tried comparing me to puppies on some nature show she was watching and told me that they were cute! She couldn't even pay attention to me because the puppies were 'too cute to handle'." Jimin shouted from the living room. You coughed and blushed, not even really remembering such a thing happening with Jimin.

"Puppies are cute!" You defended.

"Oh, please. We're cuter." Jungkook rolled his eyes.

"Okay! Out! You two are supposed to be helping bring boxes here." Yoongi moved the two out of the kitchen. You shook your head with a chuckle. You entered your room, unpacking your things.

"Be careful!" Taehyung helped you put the box up on the shelf in your closet. You turned around and smiled at him.

"I've got it." You giggled.

"No! Namjoon hyung already said you can't be over exerting yourself when-" You covered Taehyung's mouth to cut him off from lecturing you. You've already been lectured enough by all the boys. Taehyung scrunched his nose, grabbing your wrists and pulling them away.

"We're just concerned, jagi." He kissed your knuckles, sending you a playful smile. You chortled, rolling your eyes. When you tried to move away to continue unpacking, Taehyung blocked your way.

"Seriously?" You whined.

"I'm just teasing, jagi. You're so cute." He lightly knocked his forehead against yours. You scoffed but couldn't hide your smile.

"Give me a kiss?" He tilted his head. Of course you wouldn't say no so you leaned in and pressed your lips against his plush ones. He smiled in the kiss, wrapping his arms around your waist.

CRASH!

"What was that?" You pulled away, making him groaned in annoyance, dropping his forehead onto your shoulder. You pulled away, dragging him with you. The first person to put his hands up was Namjoon, knowing that everyone would probably blame him first whenever something was broken. You chuckled and headed into the kitchen.

"Everyone okay?" You asked.

"Jungkook dropped a frying pan. Sorry, to shock you." Jin said. You shook your head.

"I'm okay, don't worry. As long as no one was hurt." You giggled. Jin kissed the top of your head and sent you away, not wanting you to unpack the kitchen where all the knives were.

"Done unpacking. Can I offer anyone help?" You asked.

"I'm done too. I don't think the boys will let you help them, want to go on a walk instead?" Jimin offered. You nodded your head, loving nature walks with the boys. Wearing your shoes, you grabbed your coat and slipped it on. Jimin held your hand and set off with you.

"Yoongi and I were reminiscing in the kitchen earlier." You told him. Jimin hummed, turning to you.

"About?"

"How we all met. How all of this started." You shrugged.

"Well, it's all thanks to me! If I didn't find your house when I was injured and met you, we wouldn't have met you. Maybe, we would still be mateless now." Jimin chuckled, squeezing your hand.

"I thought I was crazy for thinking a wolf could have human expressions and read." You blushed.

"I knew you were the one from the first night. When I was crying because I thought I lost the entire pack and you hugged me to comfort me, calling me 'wolfie'. Then you slept on the ground with me and I crawled under your arm to be a little spoon. You told me that 'it'll be okay' and I immediately felt better." Jimin smiled softly.

"You guys remember every little detail, it's amazing." You giggled.

"Because that moment meant so much to me. Even if you did torture me with boiled chicken breast with no seasoning!" Jimin scoffed.

"Hey! How was I supposed to know you were a freaking human? Geez, sorry for not wanting you to die." You rolled your eyes, elbowing his side. Jimin burst out laughing, hugging you.

"Alright, alright. You did always let me steal your food so I forgive you." He smiled and you glared at him.

"And you still dare to mention that, Park Jimin?" You screeched.

"I love you, bub."

"I love you too." You couldn't fight to smile and continued on your walk with him. The sun was starting to set when Jimin got a phone call from the others, telling us to meet them down by the lake. It was getting close to dinner so maybe the boys wanted a picnic there.

"What's going on?" There was fairy lights on the ground, illuminating the area with a nice, soft glow. The 6 boys were there.

"Even if we're not in our new house, we're still sticking to the tradition of eating black bean noodles and chinese food. Plus, we know you have been craving it." Hoseok smiled.

"Are you surprised?" Jimin asked.

"Aww, thank you for all the surprises today. Yes, I am surprised by all this. I was not expecting this kind of picnic by the lake." You melted.

"This is also to commemorate a new chapter in our lives with you being a part of it." Jungkook explained.

"I mean, there's no place I'd rather be than here with you boys, taking this next step in life." You teared up, wiping them with the sleeve of your sweater. You were so grateful for the boys. You didn't need many friends, they were the only companions that you needed. Namjoon helped you sit down on the picnic mat and unwrapped a bowl of noodles for you.

"Eat up." Yoongi placed a fried dumpling into your bowl. You slurped the delicious noodles, the saltiness satisfying all your cravings.

"When I was first kidnapped, my so called 'uncle' and 'cousins' tried to convince me that wolves were the reason my family was broken." You told them honestly.

"Really?" Jin looked up at you.

"Yeah but I knew, there's no way that was the truth." You said.

"How did you know?" Taehyung asked.

"Because ever since I met all of you, I've been feeling the opposite of that. Besides my grandfather, I've never felt what it was like to be part of a family, to have a meal together, to feel a mother's hug. But with all of you, I've experienced all of that." You confessed.

"Maybe that was what your grandfather wanted. You always thought he wanted you to grow up having a normal life, maybe it's not that." Namjoon said.

"What do you mean?" You tilted your head.

"Maybe instead of wanting you to have a normal life, your grandfather was just keeping you away from the hunters until the time was right for you to join a pack, human or not." Namjoon explained.

"You think so?"

"You did say he even had a house ready in our community to bring you to, right? Maybe when your fated mate came to find you or when you were old enough to learn the truth, he would have wanted you to join our community. But unfortunately, he passed away before he could bring you there." Namjoon patted your head.

"Maybe you're right, Joon." You looked out into the lake with a soft sigh. You could never ask your grandfather anymore questions.

"We say this often but he would have been so happy and proud to see where you are today, baby. Everything you've been through on your own, how strong you are." Jin smiled at you.

"I'd like to think that too." You giggled.

"You guys tell me the same thing my grandfather used to tell me when I was sad about not having any friends." You turned to all of them.

"And what is that?"

"That in life, you never walk alone." You smiled softly.

————

After eating, you all headed home since it was cold and the boys didn't want you to get sick. Jungkook and Namjoon got the fire place going while Taehyung played some soft tunes on the piano. Hoseok and Yoongi made hot chocolate for everyone. Jimin and Jin got blankets to keep everyone warm.

"Here, babes." Jungkook wrapped you up in a blanket.

"Thank you." You were in your own little cocoon of warmth. It felt so nice that you swore you could have fallen asleep right there. Hoseok and Yoongi gave out the cups of hot chocolate.

"Yay!" Taehyung stepped away from the piano to enjoy the warm, sweet beverage. Yoongi took over, settling by the piano to play.

"Your mothers and fathers messaged me this morning. They would like to come visit soon. I wanted to tell them that we could go over instead but they insisted on making the trip down." You informed.

"You're in contact with our parents?" Namjoon blinked.

"Ah... Yes. It just appeared randomly, with all the parents and me in just a group chat but it's mainly the mothers asking me for updates." You giggled.

"I'm glad that you're close with our parents. Our mothers probably adore you more than they love us." Taehyung chuckled.

"That's not true." You rolled your eyes. You were happy that the boys' parents were so supportive and gave you all the parental love that you missed in your own childhood. The mothers were always checking up on you and the fathers loved to spoil you.

"We'll book a hotel for them when they come. I don't think we have room here." Jimin laughed and you nodded.

"Besides, when they're here they steal you from us!" Jungkook scoffed with his arms crossed. The boys all agreed with the maknae.

"They're being nice." You shook your head at them and their jealousy.

"Comfortable?" Jin chuckled.

"Very." You said, voice a little muffled by the blanket in front of your face. Hoseok lifted your entire bundle up, setting you down on his lap. You leaned your head back against his chest, letting out little hums of happiness. Hoseok chuckled, wrapping his arms around your bundle to keep you secure. The boys all chuckled.

"Look here." Taehyung said and snapped a picture of you and Hoseok with his camera. With your sweater paws, you held your hot chocolate with both hands, sipping gently.

"You're like a kitten." Yoongi patted your head.

"Says the one that is actually a cat in his past life, meow meow." You taunted him. Yoongi rolled his eyes.

"One of the first times you came over, you fell asleep on Hobi hyung's chest like that. That was the first time you stayed over." Jimin said and you nodded your head, blushing at that memory.

"I can't believe I did that." You shook your head.

"Whenever Kira or the other students bullied me, I started to believe that maybe there was no purpose in life. I mean, my routine was school, work and come home. That was how mundane my life was and I was just going with the motions." You said.

"It must have been hard." Jungkook empathised.

"At first it was but I just thought that my life was just going to be like that. I continued going to school for my grandfather. I worked to feed myself. That was it." You shrugged.

"But then, Jimin appeared in my home one night, seeking shelter." You looked over at Jimin, who grinned at you.

"Then Taehyung met us at the lake. I was sad, jealous even, that Jimin had people there for him. The fact that he had a family to go back to while I practically had no one." You lowered your head, staring at your hot chocolate.

"You're killing me, jagi." Hoseok kissed your temple.

"It's the truth. But then, all of you came. Even when I thought you all were just a pack of wolves from the wild, it felt nice to have other people in the house for once. Like I actually had a family to come home to after every long day." You giggled, blushing. The boys all smiled at that, remembering all the conversations you had with them as wolves.

"You gave us baths!" Taehyung smiled.

"Yeah, we smelled like dog shampoo." Jin cringed.

"Sorry! Geez..." You rolled your eyes.

"Then V appeared in my school and said he wanted to be friends with me. I was so suspicious. Like, why did the new, good looking kid want to be my friend?" You blinked.

"You thought I was good looking from the start?" Taehyung smirked.

"Not the point!" You hissed.

"No doubt, when I met all of you as humans, I felt some sort of connection, which I now know is the mate bond. After that, there was just this feeling... I didn't want to be separated from you all. Learning about your secret, those days we didn't see each other hurt me too." You softened.

"But you guys were so patient and I knew I should be fair in giving you all a chance." You smiled awkwardly.

"And the rest is history." Namjoon smiled.

"Earlier, I said I felt that my life had no purpose. But I guess I was just waiting for you all to show up, my actual purposes." You giggled.

"You're our reason for existing, (y/n). Every wolf waits for the moment their mate comes into their lives. Ever since the prophecy said we will all have one mate, we've been anxiously waiting for the day that you show up. The moon goddess couldn't choose a better mate for us." Jungkook reached over to hold your hand, rubbing the back with his thumb.

"Yes, if I meet her one day, I'll thank her." You joked.

No matter where you are in your life, no one is destined to be alone. You knew that you could count on the boys to be by your side. Even if you fight or argue, you would always find a way to work things out.

Life was going to be full of different journeys and pathways.

But you will be together forever.

"And now, we're starting our family, starting with this little pup right here." Namjoon smiled softly, putting his hand on your tiny bump.

You know that because thanks to the boys,

You'll never walk alone.

————

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.8K 804 20
Warning: This story is fictional and has nothing to do with real life events or the actual members of BTS. It may contain depictions of violence, blo...
20.2K 1K 42
If Taehyung and Jungkook were to describe in colors; they would be found on the opposite side of a spectrum. They never see anything eye to eye, And...
7.7K 760 31
Book 2 of 'Flames' "You're the only one who can calm him down Indigo, help him!" As Namjoon started to be the alpha again, he learns how to be open...
51.7K 2.2K 59
[OT7] [omegaverse] πŸ’œ Jimin always wants to find a home and wants to be loved. But he doesn't know how to be able to love or how to accept them beca...