Confessions of the Past

De ooohjiminah_

Summary: You live a quiet life in your late grandfather's cabin in the woods. You go to school just to gradua... Mais

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
EPILOGUE

Chapter Fifteen

2.1K 88 1
De ooohjiminah_

————

Chapter warning(s): Some harsh language, bullying, violence

The boys leave you for one moment and trouble already comes knocking, leaving them a worried mess. But it is the perfect opportunity for you to mend the broken with Taehyung and Jimin.

————

Today was the last day of the exams. You have been seeing all the wolves occasionally except Jimin and Taehyung. It hurt you a lot. Each of the boys had a special place in your heart and that goes without saying that Taehyung and Jimin had their own spot as well.

But if they really didn't want you as their mates anymore, who were you to force them to continue to accept you?

"What's wrong? You've been sighing." Namjoon's voice broke you out of your thoughts. You blinked and turned to him, staring at his face. He had a worried look on his face.

"What happens if... werewolves reject their mate?" You asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Kookie was telling me about how mates are fated by the moon goddess. But if a werewolf meets his or her mate and doesn't like them, what happens? What happens to the mate bond that you guys were talking about?" You explained your question. Hoseok and Jin, who were sitting behind the two of you heard what you asked and their blood ran cold.

"Well, if they haven't officially mated, they can just ignore it? But it'll always be there. If they officially mated but decided not to be mates anymore, it'll hurt them significantly." Namjoon explained.

"Hurt them?"

"The mating bond can kill them. If they try to mate with others, it will really hurt. Why do you ask?" He tilted his head.

"I just wanted to know... you know since... Taehyung and Jimin probably don't want me as their mate anymore..." It was a hard pill to swallow and you winced as you said that.

"Those two idiots." Jin sighed.

"Poor (y/n). That explains why we feel her heart break." Hoseok whimpered. The bus came to a stop and all of you got off.

"Hey, don't think about them now, alright? Focus on yourself and your exams now. It'll be okay. Don't put too much on your plate. We'll take things one step at a time, hmm?" Namjoon cupped your cheek, giving you a soft smile. You nodded your head.

"It's the final stretch. You can do it." Hoseok patted your shoulder.

"Thank you for being here with me. Even with everything that happened." You looked down. Jin tilted your chin up to look at him.

"It's not your fault. Like Namjoon said, don't worry about that for now. We're mates, we will figure things out together. A small disagreement isn't going to split us." Jin smiled.

"Alright." You held his hand and walked into class with all of them.

After the exam, you were suddenly called in for a shift at work so you told the boys to go home first while you went to work.

"We'll take you." Hoseok said.

"It's okay. Go home and rest. Besides, I have to use the restroom before I go. I'll call when I reach." You smiled reassuringly. They nodded, giving you hugs and discreet kisses before leaving. You went to the restroom and when you were done, you were washing your hands with a small hum. Suddenly, the door burst open and you jumped in shock.

"Not so tough without your knights, huh?" Kira crossed her arms. You took a wary step back as one of her girls locked the door. You've watched enough television to know what happens next.

"Why so quiet?" She tilted her head to the side.

"Kira, don't." You said.

"Don't what? What am I going to do? You act all high and mighty just because you managed to charm the 7 new kids when we all know, you're a nobody." Kira smirked.

"Stop." You closed your eyes, clenching your fists.

"Getting angry? It's the truth and you know it, (y/n). You will always be a nobody. You're nothing!" Kira raised a hand.

And there, you felt it. The stinging on your cheek that left a dull burn. You held your cheek in horror. No one has ever hit you before. From that point, there were just a rain of punches and kicks to your body. Grunting, you fell to the ground and curled upon yourself in a weak attempt to protect yourself.

"That will teach you a lesson!"

"Don't try to be someone you're not!"

You just laid there, feeling all the pain in your body. A kick to your stomach made you choke and wheeze.

"Let's go." Kira rolled her eyes and left with her group. Your body felt numb by all the pain as you cried into your arm. Slowly, you felt your vision start to cave in and turn to black.

The door to the wolves' property slammed open.

"Park Jimin! Kim Taehyung!" Namjoon shouted and the two came down at their leader's serious voice. Hoseok and Jin stood behind him, arms crossed with looks of anger on their faces. Taehyung and Jimin did not look like they were in the best condition either. They were paler, unshaven with dark circles under their eyes from lack of sleep.

"You two better find our mate before it is too late." Namjoon said.

"What do you mean?" Taehyung asked.

"She-"

"Guys. Something is wrong. Do you feel that?" Yoongi came down. All of them looked at the older then they felt it. The feeling was faint but there. Their eyes widened, something happened to their mate.

"She said she was called in last minute for work and told us to go home first. She was supposed to call us when she reaches.. I'll call her." Jin took his phone out to call her but there was no answer. Jimin sat on the couch, shivering lightly at the gut stirring feeling.

"I'll call her work place." Yoongi called your manager.

"Hello-"

"May? It's Yoongi. Is (y/n) there?" He asked.

"Hey, Yoongi. Uhhh no. (y/n) hasn't come in yet. Her shift started 15 minutes ago but she hasn't shown up. I tried to call her cellphone but she didn't answer too. Is everything okay?"

"Yeah. Thanks, May." Yoongi quickly hung up. He looked at his brothers and shook his head.

"We're leaving. Now." They all ran out of the house.

"Yoongi and Hoseok, go to her work place. Youngest 3, to the school. Jin and I will go to her house and the lake." Namjoon said. Everyone nodded and sprinted off. Namjoon and Jin shifted while the rest remained in human form. Taehyung's heart pounded against his chest as he ran. Was this what Namjoon meant by too late?

"Check the bathrooms? The last time they saw her, she was going to the bathrooms." Jimin suggested.

"We'll split up and cover the different floors." Jungkook said. He took the third floor while Taehyung took the second floor and Jimin took the first floor. Most of the students were gone, considering the exams were over.

"My mate. Please tell me where you are." Taehyung whimpered.

"Third floor is cleared." Jungkook reported. Taehyung opened the door of the last bathroom on the second floor and his eyes widened at the figure that laid on the floor.

"(y/n)!" Taehyung screamed and rushed to you. Jimin and Jungkook heard his shouts and came downstairs to join him.

"No!" Jimin ran forward as Jungkook's eyes widened.

"We need to get her to a hospital." Jungkook said as Taehyung lifted your unconscious body in his arms. Jimin called out to you constantly but you were out cold. They ran all the way to the hospital. Jungkook got the attention of nurses, who wheeled a gurney out and took you to emergency.

"Please, help her." Jimin cried.

"She'll be okay, son." The nurse assured and closed the doors, preventing them from entering the restricted area. Rather quickly, the 4 older wolves joined the three. Jungkook was pacing up and down.

"What happened?" Jin asked.

"Tae found her unconscious in the school bathroom." Jimin whispered. Taehyung looked at his shaky hands, how could someone hurt you like that?

"Family of (y/l/n) (y/n)?" The nurse came out and the 7 boys rushed to her. She stared at them.

"We're her brothers... adopted." Namjoon lied and the nurse nodded her head slowly, seemingly unconvinced but there was no one else stepping up as your family so she would just have to take their word for it. The doctor came out to join his nurse and took the clipboard from her as they stepped aside to somewhere more private.

"The patient has two broken ribs and some internal bleeding around the stomach area. She has a minor concussion. It is obvious that she was beaten up." The doctor stated.

"We understand." Yoongi nodded his head. They were all trying their best to keep calm and listen to the doctor.

"Hospital protocol is to involved the authorities." The nurse added.

"Right, they will come and take her statement but legally, it is her decision if she would like to press charges. For now, you may see her. She is a little groggy from some painkillers that we administered." The doctor explained.

"Thank you." The 7 boys bowed and the doctor left with his nurse. Namjoon knocked on the door lightly before they all entered. It hurt to see their mate laying in the hospital bed, injured and all beaten up. They were supposed to be protecting her.

"Boys?" You stirred and they rushed to your side.

"Hey." Yoongi stroked your head softly. You tried to sit up but winced in pain, falling back.

"Don't move too much. Here." Jungkook pressed the buttons on the remote to help you sit up. You smiled gratefully, trying not to let too much of the pain show. You didn't want to worry them.

"Stop trying to hide your pain. You can be vulnerable around us." Hoseok smiled sadly.

"The hospital has some protocol where the police will come and question you. But at the end of the day, it is up to you if you want to press charges, alright? Of course, we want to see the people get their punishment but it's what you want. We will respect whatever decision you make." Jin squeezed your hand lightly and you looked at Taehyung and Jimin.

"Okay." You bit your lip.

"She's afraid of our reaction...for a decision that is rightfully hers. What have we done?" Taehyung looked down sadly.

"I'm sorry for worrying you." You looked at all of them.

"Stop apologising. It's not your fault. We shouldn't have left you alone. We should be better at protecting you." Namjoon rubbed the back of your hand with his thumb.

"I insisted on you guys going home first. This is the consequence of my decision." You shook your head.

"Alright, no more blaming yourselves. You should rest more." Yoongi kissed your forehead and tucked you in. Jin lowered the bed and turned off the lights. You fell asleep in no time, the effect of the painkillers easing you into dreamland rather quickly.

"Let's talk." Namjoon waved at all of them to leave your ward.

"I'll stay here, in case the police come to take her statement." Jungkook told the leader, who nodded.

"I will go settle her paperwork and stuff." Yoongi mumbled and left before anyone could say anything else. He knew what was probably going to happen and he didn't really want to be a part of it.

"Hyung, is this what you meant by, before it is too late?" Jimin asked.

"No. Of course, no one knew this was going to happen. No one should be taking the blame for this except those who actually hurt her." Namjoon said and as he sat down.

"Then?" Taehyung was confused.

"This morning, (y/n) asked Namjoon what happens when mates... reject one another." Hoseok started. The two felt their chest tighten at the older's words.

"You saw her reaction just now when Jin hyung spoke to her. She was afraid of making the wrong decision and causing another fight to break out. I hope you two understand that, that only happened because of how the both of you reacted to the situation the other day. I'm not saying it to blame you or make you guys feel worse. I just want you to be aware." Namjoon sighed.

"She... doesn't want us as mates?" Jimin asked sadly.

"Quite the opposite. She's under the impression that you two don't want her to be her mate anymore." Jin spoke.

"We would never... She's the only mate for us. We would never reject her or leave her. We love her." The two were stunned by what Jin told them.

"You two didn't show it. You hurt her with your words. Taehyung, you insulted her and her grandfather by poking at a super sensitive subject and Jimin, you expressed your frustration of having her, a human, as a mate. It's only normal she would think that she's not enough for you." Namjoon said.

"No..." Jimin cried.

"We need to talk to her." Taehyung clenched his fists. They were about to go in when they saw two police officers outside.

"Later. Let them get her statement first." Namjoon told them and they nodded. Seeing the two police officers come in, Jungkook lightly shook you to wake up. He helped you sit up.

"Sorry to disturb your rest, Miss (y/l/n). I'm Officer Kim and this is my partner, Officer Lee. Are you okay to give us your statement now?" They showed their work passes and badged. You held Jungkook's hand and nodded your head.

"He can stay, right?" You asked.

"Whatever you're comfortable with." Officer Kim said. They sat on your other side, Officer Lee taking a notepad and pen down to get your statement.

"So, why don't you tell me how this happened? What led you to being here in the hospital? Give all the details, doesn't matter if you think they're necessary or not." Officer Kim started.

"Today was the last day of the exams. I was called in for work tonight so I was going to head over. I went to use the restroom on the second floor. When I was washing my hands, a group of girls came in. They started to verbally insult me. I told them to stop but they locked the door and began to hit me. I guess I lost consciousness because when I woke up, I was here." You explained.

"Okay. Do you know this group of girls?"

"Yes. They... have been bullying me for years." You fiddled with your fingers, keeping your head low.

"Can you give us their names?" Officer Kim asked. You proceeded to list out the names of all the girls in Kira's group. Jungkook frowned, he knew that Kira was behind all this.

"Did you ever do anything about this bullying situation?"

"Who was there to tell? The school doesn't care. I'm just a girl, who's a loner and a nobody." You chuckled bitterly.

"I understand. And you, found her?" Both officers turned to Jungkook.

"She was supposed to call my brothers and I when she arrived at work. We tried to call her but she didn't pick up. We even called her workplace and they didn't see her even though her shift started 15 minutes prior. So we searched the school and found her unconscious on the bathroom floor." Jungkook said.

"Okay." Officer Lee wrote this down.

"Now, Miss (y/l/n). We have all the evidence you need to press charges against these girls for battery and harassment. If you would like to talk this over with your family, you can." Officer Kim said.

"No, I have made my decision." You looked at Jungkook, gulping.

————

*KNOCK KNOCK*

"Come in." You said, not looking up from your book.

"Are we interrupting anything?" From the voice, you finally raised your head. You blinked at the two before shaking your head and putting the bookmark at the page you stopped. You closed the book and placed it on the nightstand.

"Is everything okay?"

"We... wanted to talk." Jimin spoke. You nodded your head and they closed the door, sitting where the two officers sat earlier.

"Namjoon hyung told us about what you asked him. About mate rejection. That made us realise how we must have made you felt with our words. (y/n), we would never want to exchange you for another mate or reject you. We love you so much, more than you could ever know. Knowing that what we said hurt you, hurts us." Taehyung explained.

"I should have never said what I said. Whether you're human or not, you're my mate, no matter what." Jimin said.

"And I crossed the line by saying your promise to your grandfather was stupid. That was insensitive of me and I shouldn't have even gone there." Taehyung held your hand. They both had tears in their eyes.

"I'm sorry." Tears spilled down your cheeks.

"Don't apologise, angel. You aren't at fault." Jimin reached up to wipe your tears.

"No. I should have understood that you guys were just trying to protect me and make sure I was safe. Yet, I jumped to conclusions and lost my temper." You hugged them and cried.

"I hate that we were the cause of your tears and heartbreak." Taehyung whispered, kissing the top of your head.

"(y/n). We want you to be able to be honest with us, okay? Don't be afraid of our reactions. What happened the other day won't repeat itself. Be yourself, stand by your decisions. After all, that's one of the reasons why we fell for you." He cupped your cheeks.

"W-What?" You choked at his words, blushing furiously.

"You're so unique, unlike any other human we have met. From the time that I met you and watched you as a person, I always knew you were the one." Jimin smiled softly.

"But I don't know anything about being a werewolf mate." You sighed in disappointment with yourself.

"That's okay. We don't really know what it's like to love a human either. We'll take things a step at a time and learn from one another." Taehyung grinned.

"And if we hit a few bumps on the way..."

"That's okay." You completed their sentence. Reaching up, you gave them both soft kisses on the cheek. They were right, a relationship needed effort from both ends to work. You would learn from them and they would learn from you.

"Besides, now that we're on holiday, we will make sure to take better care of you. We will protect you and keep you safe." Jimin kissed the back of your hand. Taehyung nodded in agreement. He would be lying if he said he wasn't a little traumatised from finding you unconscious earlier. The two decided to stay over with you.

When you discharged the next morning, they patiently walked you out. The other boys were all there. You smiled and hugged all of them.

"I'm so glad you're okay." Jin whispered.

"I'm happy they let me go home after a day." You giggled. Jungkook surprised you by suddenly carrying you bridal style, making you yelp. The other people around either looked on in disgust or aadoration.

"Koo! You don't have to! I can walk."

"Nope! You should be resting and recovering. You're not at 100% condition yet." He grinned down at you. You laughed and gave up protesting, wrapping your arms around his neck to support yourself. All of you decided to go to a nice Korean restaurant to have lunch.

"What's good?" Yoongi asked you, showing you the menu. You hummed as you scanned through the options.

"This?" You pointed at the spicy seafood stew.

"You shouldn't be having that, jagi. You're still recovering from internal bleeding. Having some rice porridge instead, doctor's orders." He stroked your head while you pouted.

"Fine..." You crossed your arms.

"This sucks." You whined and Yoongi patted your head with a chuckle. The way you could suddenly act like a child just made him love you even more.

"Hey, Hobi. Sneak me some stew." You winked.

"(y/n)... You know you can't have that. When you're better, we'll come back and you can have all the spicy stew you want, alright? Be a good mate and listen to hyung." He chuckled. You scrunched your nose at him. The waitress soon came, fawning over all the cute boys while she took your order. Yoongi ordered for you beef and vegetable porridge.

"Let's get you better then we'll enjoy our holiday together, alright?" Namjoon kissed your temple.

————

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

385K 22.1K 64
[COMPLETED] Cover by @/nightingales- "Did it mean nothing to you, Yoongi?! Were all those afternoons we spent together just a part of your games!? Wa...
9.8K 806 20
Warning: This story is fictional and has nothing to do with real life events or the actual members of BTS. It may contain depictions of violence, blo...
18.6K 1.2K 32
Summary: Confirming you were dating the famous Min Suga of BTS, you knew you were bound to make some enemies. But what you didn't expect was to be cu...
4.7K 596 6
BTS X READER - SUPERNATURAL/SOULMATE AU ♡♡♡ Being a half-breed with vampire and dragon blood is a rare thing in this world, and it comes with its sha...