Confessions of the Past

By ooohjiminah_

Summary: You live a quiet life in your late grandfather's cabin in the woods. You go to school just to gradua... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
EPILOGUE

Chapter Ten

2.5K 109 2
By ooohjiminah_

————

Avoiding the boys is harder than you thought. You know that one day, you'll have to face them again but that time comes a lot faster than expected when they come knocking on your door.

————

Suga or Yoongi still dropped by your cafe to get coffee from you. But you treated him like a regular customer. There are no more small conversations or anything. You get the order, make his coffee and send him on his way.

You finished the book RM lent to you and placed it on his table when they had yet to come back from lunch break. You knew 3/7 of their wolves, you didn't get a chance to see the others to match the human face to the wolf face and frankly, you didn't know if you wanted to.

"Study well, we'll see you back for the exams." Your teacher left class.

Before the exams, there was always a study period where students didn't have to go to school. You only had to come back for the exams and there was a holiday after that.

"(y/n), can we talk?" Jin approached you first.

"I'm... late for work. Sorry." You said quickly and ran out of there. Of course, it was a lie, you didn't really know how to face them.

You were studying by your window when you saw two people approaching your house. You stood up and backed away from the window, wincing when you heard them knocking on the door.

*Maybe if I don't answer-*

"Please, (y/n). We're desperate. We need your help." You heard Taehyung whimpered softly. Sighing, you knew you couldn't leave them if they really needed your help in an emergency. You walked to the door and opened it, looking at them. Taehyung stood with RM beside him. They both looked sad and distraught.

"Yes?" You said softly.

"Jungkookie... He needs you." RM relayed.

"Why?"

"He's sick and he needs you. Please, we wouldn't be here if we were not desperate." Taehyung was close to his knees as he begged you. Heck, he would do that if it convinced you.

"He doesn't need me. He needs a doctor." You shook your head and was going to close the door when RM put a hand to it, stopping you.

"I know there's a lot you're scared of and confused about. But no doctor can help him. He needs you. I promise, there is no lie or ruse. After that, we can talk and explain everything to you. If you don't want anything to do with us, I promise we won't bother you anymore." RM said.

"Hyung!" Taehyung turned to RM, outraged at his promise. He didn't want you to leave them.

"Okay. Take me to him." You grabbed your bag, with Yoongi's washed clothes in them. The two began to walk with you down the forest path. As the house came into view, you had to remind yourself to breathe.

"She's here..." The other wolves inside stood up when they scented you outside the house.

"She came." Suga thought fondly. When you entered the house, you kept your head down, wanting to keep any interaction to a minimum.

"This way." RM said and you nodded, following him up. Standing in front of Jungkook's closed room door, RM knocked before allowing you to enter. Jungkook smelled his leader before your scent.

"(y/n)?" He refused to believe his nose and grunted as he turned to face you. The two weren't lying. Jungkook looked absolutely horrible. His face was paler than Yoongi's, dark circles were prominent under his bloodshot eyes. It looked like the energy had been sucked out of him. Of course, you knew you were the cause of it and guilt hit your heart.

"I heard you're sick." You whispered.

"I'll let you two have some privacy." RM said with a clear of his throat and left, closing the door behind him.

"I'm the cause of this?" Tears swam in your eyes.

"No, no, no. Don't blame yourself. Come here." He waved you over and you hesitantly shuffled over. Once you were close enough, Jungkook pushed himself up to hug you.

"I would never hurt you." He replied, as if he could hear your worried thoughts. You nodded as you let your tears fall.

"I missed you." He hugged you against his chest, inhaling your scent. Reaching up, you rubbed his back in a soothing way. With a gently tug, he pulled you to lie down next to him. At that moment, it didn't feel awkward.

"Jungkook-"

"I'm sorry, just let me... Hold you for a while." He whimpered. He sighed in relief as he felt you nod against him. Jungkook was definitely Kookie. The personality and actions he did helped you connect the dots. He was someone who acted tough but never let others see his emotions.

"It's okay, Kookie." You whispered as you hummed a soft lullaby for him. Jungkook pressed his face against your chest and you held him like a mother would hold her child.

"Sleep."

"I don't want to... What if you're gone when I wake up?" He looked up at you with sad eyes.

"I'll still be here, I promise. You need to rest, your hyungs are worried for you." You convinced, like coaxing a child to take his nap. He nodded his head and it was almost instantly that he fell asleep, his soft snores filling the quiet room. You felt yourself slowly getting sleepy as well, getting too comfortable with his body heat.

When Jungkook fell asleep, you slowly slid away from him to use the bathroom. You came out and saw the paper bag next to your bag.

"I'll be back." You whispered to a sleepy Jungkook and left the room. Being in such a hurry, you tried your best to find Yoongi's room, not wanting to unnecessarily run into the others.

"RM?" You called softly, seeing him sitting on the couch. Hearing your voice, he immediately scrambled to his feet.

"What's up?" He coughed slightly

"Where's Yoongi's room?" You asked and he quietly beckoned you to follow him. He led you to another door, it was Yoongi's room. From the music playing inside, you knew he was there. Taking a deep breath, you knocked on the door.

"Come in." You heard a lazed reply and entered.

"Umm... Sorry to interrupt." You cleared your throat. Yoongi jumped slightly when he saw that it was you, quickly reaching over to lower the volume of the speaker on his nightstand before standing up. He straightened his clothes in an effort to look presentable to you.

"You're not interrupting. What do you need?" He asked softly.

"Here. I washed them. Thanks again for lending it to me." You held out the paper bag. Yoongi tilted his head in confusion, taking the bag in his hands and looking inside.

"Oh, you're welcome. Thanks for washing them, I guess." He placed the paper bag on the bed. The both of you stared at each other awkwardly.

"I'm gonna go." You turned.

"Wait." Yoongi hastily grabbed your wrist.

"I need to go, Yoongi. If Jungkook wakes up and I'm not there..." You looked at him with sad eyes, almost as if begging him to hold this conversation off for later. Yoongi let you go, his hand falling limply by your side. You headed back to Jungkook's room, sliding back into the same position that you were in. He immediately sighed in his sleep, his body molding into yours.

What you didn't know was that you just being in the house made all the wolves feel better. Your scent, your energy, your aura was able to calm the nerves that bubbled within them.

If only they could be as lucky as Jungkook, to have you hold them.

"You're really still here." Jungkook woke up, a little shocked to see that you stuck to your promise. You hummed with a nod.

"The hyungs want to see you..." He informed.

"I don't know, Kookie." You sighed. Jungkook's heart quickened at you calling his nickname and told the others to wait. He wanted to hear what you had to say, he wanted to hear what you were hesitant or afraid of. Most importantly, he didn't want your fears clouding your judgement of them.

"What's going through your mind?" He sat up. You crossed your legs, facing him.

"I don't know where to start, Kookie. I can't help but feel betrayed that you guys didn't tell me that you already knew me. I'm sad that this has caused me to drive a wedge between all of us. I'm guilty that I caused you to be sick. I'm angry with myself for not being able to grasp this reality." You balled his blanket material into your fists as you cried.

"(y/n)..." Jungkook whimpered at your loud sobs. He drew your head to his chest like earlier, letting you release your choked sobs.

"I'm trying. I really am." You cried.

"Shh, it's okay." Jungkook finally understood how you felt. He felt your feelings, you being lost, scared, confused, everything. There was an ache in his chest. Everyone in the house felt your strong emotions.

"We can take it slow. We don't have to rush anything." He said.

"I'm sorry."

"Stop apologising. You did nothing wrong. It was careless of us to do that with you around. You were meant to find out in another way, not like that." He revealed. So they did plan to tell you sooner or later. After a few more minutes of calming down, you left the room with Jungkook.

The others were already sat in the living room. J-Hope and Taehyung's eyes were read, evident that they cried too. Yoongi had a distant look on his face. You wanted to run away.

"Let's talk." Was all you could say as you took your seat.

"Where do you want to start? We'll follow whatever flow you wanna go by. Do you just want to ask us questions?" RM started.

"I... I don't really know what to ask or what I don't know. Maybe... start by telling me your names? Your real names? Then I'll sort out my thoughts." You said meekly. They nodded their heads, simple enough. You let out a short sigh, you had that amount of time to think of anything else you wanted to ask them. Well, what were you supposed to ask werewolves?

"Well, I'm Namjoon."

"Yoongi."

"Jin."

"Jimin."

"Jungkook."

"Hoseok or Hobi."

"...Taehyung." The boy looked away, not wanting you to see the hurt he had in his eyes. You nodded your head, picturing what each wolf looked like. Yoongi's white fur, Taehyung's double coloured tail and Hoseok golden back.

"I'm sorry." You buried your face in your hands.

"It's okay. Take your time." Jin rubbed your back in a soothing way, his voice full of adoration and assurance.

"We'll tell you. If you have questions after, feel free to ask. Or if you want us to stop at any point." Yoongi said. You nodded your head. The pale boy looked to his leader, who gave a curt nod.

"Well, we are werewolves. So we can turn into wolves. We are of royal lineage because of our pure werewolf blood so in a sense, we are regarded as the princes of this 'colony'. We don't have powers but we do move faster, heal faster and are stronger than humans and other werewolves..." Namjoon started, scratching his head to think of what else there was to tell you.

"When Jimin came to me, that night... Was it planned?" You asked.

"No, that was purely coincidental. We were raided by hunters and Jimin escaped, finding your house for shelter." Hoseok explained and you nodded your head.

"(y/n), there was never an ulterior motive in any of us approaching you. We will never harm you, in human form or wolf form." Jin said.

"I know, I'm sorry. I just..."

"It's alright. You're feeling guarded now because you don't know anything about this. You probably thought all this only happened in books or movies. Completely understandable." Jimin held your hand.

"In werewolf hierarchy, there are 3 rankings of some sort. So, Yoongi hyung, Jungkook and myself are alphas. We're slightly stronger and bigger than the others. Taehyung and Hoseok are betas, second in command. Jimin and Jin hyung are omegas." Namjoon informed.

"I see." You were taking all this in and the boys were relieved that you haven't stormed out yet.

"Why me?" You asked softly.

"What do you mean?" Namjoon tilted his head.

"Why do you all stick around me? Ever since I've met you all, I feel so different. Everything just feels so different when you guys are around. I don't know how to explain it." You shook your head, frustrated that you couldn't get your words out.

"Do you know what a mate is?" Jin asked.

"When animals get partners, they're called mates." You stated but then realisation hit you. No? Is it even possible?

"Yes, (y/n). You're our mate. What you're feeling is our mate bond. We feel what you feel. When we're too far from one another, you'll feel the strain of the mate bond." Yoongi said.

"Is that why Jungkook got sick?" You turned to the youngest, who nodded his head. So it was true, Jungkook really got sick because of you. It was your fault.

"Don't blame yourself. You didn't know. It's okay." Jungkook was quick to dismiss your guilt.

"But I'm not a werewolf. How can I be a mate to all of you?"

"You don't have to be a werewolf to be our mate. A prophecy was that we would all have the same mate and that's you. You're the last piece to our puzzle. That's why you feel such strong emotions for us and we feel the same for you. Mates make each other stronger. Even if we're not officially mates yets, our bond is already so strong." Taehyung finally spoke.

"And... how do mates become official?" You asked. The boys all coughed, their cheeks turning red.

"It requires sleeping together. And we... need to bite you." Namjoon let out a deep breath. Now, it was your turn to blush. You needed to be intimate with them and let them bite you to mark you?

"But that doesn't have to happen now." Hoseok shook his hands to reassure you. You let out a sigh of relief. This is too much for you and if you had to give your body immediately, you think you might just pass out right on the spot.

"(y/n). You're our mate, we would never, ever, hurt you. All we want to do is protect you and love you." Jungkook said.

"We communicate through our mind links. When you officially become our mate, you'll be able to join in too. Even if you're a human. But we'll take it one step at a time, alright?" Jimin patted your hand and you nodded your head.  Things were starting to make sense.

"I'm sorry for running away." You felt tears well in your eyes.

"You were scared. It wasn't your fault. We're sorry you had to find out that way." Jimin hugged you.

"Will I have to leave my grandfather's cabin?" You asked. You weren't ready to leave your home yet. To you, it was like leaving your grandfather behind and that was something you didn't want to do.

"You don't have to. Like we said, you do whatever you're comfortable with. We won't force you." Namjoon said.

"Will you accept us now?" Jungkook asked the question on everyone's mind.

"I may not know much but if you're willing to teach me and we take things slow, then yes." You nodded. Finally, all the boys could smile. They hugged you tightly and you let your tears fall from your cheeks. Hoseok wiped them with his thumbs and kissed the top of your head.

"Can you show me?" You asked and pulled away.

"Show you?" They were confused.

"You know... The wolves." You rubbed the back of your neck. The boys were more than happy to show you, it only meant that you were slowly starting to adjust and get comfortable around their natural selves.

"Sure." Taehyung held your hand and led you out to the front porch. This was where you saw it all happen.

"We'll remove our shirts since it'll rip." Jin explained, blushing. You choked but nodded your head. You looked away as the boys all removed their shirts. Taking a deep breath, you turned to them.

"Don't worry." Yoongi whispered, cupping your cheek with a soft smile. They all took turns to shift.

"It really is you." You hugged Jimin, burying your face into his neck. Jungkook walked over to lick your arm like he always would when he stayed with you. You smiled through your tears and the wolves all let out whines of displeasure. Reaching out, you scratched the bottom of Hoseok's chin, making his tail thump against the ground happily.

"My beautiful boy." You stroked Yoongi's head and he nuzzled against your palm softly.

"I'm okay." You closed your eyes. Sitting on the edge of the porch, the wolves all settled around you. You decided to just continue chilling outside with them. Namjoon strolled onto the platform, biting his jacket and passing it to you.

"Thank you, Namjoon." You patted his head like he would do with you and draped it over your lap.

Yoongi sat beside you as Jungkook, Hoseok, Taehyung and Jimin played around, chasing one another to playfully catch each other's tails.

"What's this?" You touched the black crystal necklace that hung around Yoongi's neck. He just leaned in the lick your hand, proceeding to rest his head on your thigh. Namjoon and Jin walked over to sit closer to you. Namjoon let you run your fingers through his black fur.

"Does this mean you guys understood me from the start?" You asked them. They nodded their heads.

"Oh no... That means you understood all my rantings." You buried your face in your hands. Jin fell onto his back in seeming laughter. You blushed, all your crazy talk was actually understood.

"I swear I'm not crazy." You shook your head. Namjoon leaned in to press his nose against your cheek, making you giggle at how damp it was.

"Maybe that's why you guys entered my dreams as humans. It was a sign all along." You rubbed his ear.

"Chim!" You called and the wolf stopping rough housing with his brothers, looking up at you. Waving him over, he trotted over to you happily. He rest his front paws on your unoccupied thigh, his tail wagging and his tongue sticking out as he waited for you to talk. You laughed, remembering what happened when you first saw him in your dream.

"I'm sorry for feeding you bland chicken." You chuckled.

"It's okay!" He barked with a wolfish smile. The boys decided that it was time to change back and bring you home so you could rest and study. But they forgot one small detail...

"Ah! You're all naked!" You squealed and covered your eyes, spinning around. The boys' eyes widened.

"SORRY!"

"WE FORGOT!" You felt them all rush past you and head into the house. You didn't want to remove your hands, not wanting to face anymore unnecessary nudity.

"We're changed." Taehyung grabbed your wrists gently, pulling them away from your eyes. It was true, he was already changed. With a light tug, he pulled you back into the house and sat you down.

"Do you want to stay for dinner?" Jin asked.

"Thanks for the offer but I think I should go home. I need some space to collect my thoughts." You smiled tiredly. They all nodded, understanding you. Everything was already moving faster than they expected. You needed some alone time to fully grasp anything.

"We'll walk you home." They offered.

"Thank you." You all wore your shoes and began the walk through the forest path. Jungkook was looking significantly better already. That was when you understood what an impact that you brought.

"You look well." You looked up at him. He nodded in agreement, tucking his hands into his pant pockets.

"Mates also help with healing. The less stress we feel, the faster we get better." He explained and you nodded. He gave a small smile and tucked a lock of hair behind your ear.

"Goodnight." The boys wished as you unlocked your door.

"Goodnight. Thank you." You smiled softly and opened your door. The 7 of them stood there, waving at you as you disappeared into your cabin.

————

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

732 59 11
𝗱𝗼𝗻𝘁 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗺𝗲𝗲𝘁. 𝗢𝗿 𝗲𝗹𝘀𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂'𝗹𝗹 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗿𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘀 - 𝗝𝗞 𝗜 𝘄𝗮𝘀𝗻'𝘁 𝗺...
14.7K 455 8
You lived in a world where you were born eyes uncolored, only seeing shades of grey. The only way to see color was to finally fall inlove. OT7 X REA...
34.2K 2K 30
Warning: This story is fictional and has nothing to do with real life events or the actual members of BTS. It may contain depictions of violence, blo...
2K 159 8
Summary: Just when you thought that you life was at its end, you were ready to disappear but a door appears in front of you. Above you was the milky...