Confessions of the Past

By ooohjiminah_

Summary: You live a quiet life in your late grandfather's cabin in the woods. You go to school just to gradua... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
EPILOGUE

Chapter Seven

3.1K 125 5
By ooohjiminah_

————

Dinner with the boys gave you a new experience that you knew would stick with you for a while. Although you cannot forget the wolves, you're just as happy with your 7 new friends.

————

Friday drew a lot nearer than you expected. After school, you parted ways with the boys and went home. Of course, they didn't stop reminding you about coming over to their house for dinner later. As if you would forget in the span of 5 minutes.

"Should I bring anything?" You asked.

"Just yourself." Jungkook smiled and you nodded your head with a smile. You headed into your cabin and took a quick shower.

"What should I wear?" You stood in front of your closet, only wrapped in a towel. You haven't really been to anyone else's home for a meal before so you were a little nervous.

"Too casual... Too fancy..." You tossed aside each outfit that you felt didn't fit.

In the end, you decided to go with a blue skater skirt with stars and a white button up shirt. Staring at yourself in the mirror, you brushed your hair.

"There." You nodded in approval.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

"Coming!" You put your brush down and headed downstairs. When you opened the door, you were not expecting to see RM standing there. When he saw you, he was taken aback by how simply breathtaking you were, even if you didn't deliberately dress up. He cleared his throat before smiling at you, flashing you his deep dimple.

"I came to escort you. Make sure you don't get lost on your way. You look good, by the way." RM explained with a smile and you blushed.

"Oh, thank you. Am I over dressed?" You asked.

"Not at all." He shook his head.

"Just let me get my bag." You said to him and ran back to your room. You slung your bag over your shoulder and wore your converse shoes. After you were done, you turned off the lights and locked the front door.

"RM- Oof!" You had turned and bumped into his chest, not realising he was standing right behind you.

"Sorry." The both of you stepped away from one another.

"Ready to go?" He cleared his throat. You gave an awkward smile and nodded your head. RM led the way and you followed him through the forest.

"We're on the way." RM told his brothers as he cast you a subtle side glance. You were focused on the path ahead of you, not being familiar with this part of the forest. He smiled softly at you, finding it a little hard to believe that you were standing by his side, walking alone with him.

"Woah." You stopped as the big bungalow came to view. It was so big and modern that you wondered just how they built it so quickly.

"What do you think?" RM nudged you gently.

"It's huge!" You chuckled. He gestured forward to the steps and you bowed your head, stepping up. RM opened the door and led you inside. If you thought the outside was nice, the inside was even more impressive.

"(y/n)!" You were tackled by hugs.

"H-Hello." You stuttered.

"Hey, let our guest breathe." The 3 youngest ones were pulled away from you and you straightened your skirt.

"You're here." Jimin grinned.

"That, I am. Thanks again for inviting me over. Your house is so beautiful." You complimented and the boys once again, mentally fawned over how adorable you were as you had a fascinated look on your face.

"Have a seat! Dinner will be done soon." J-Hope invited, pointing to the empty couch, and you nodded, tucking your skirt under your bum as you sat down. V placed a cup of tea down in front of you and you bowed your head, taking the cup and sipping the liquid lightly. The 5 boys all sat around you, Seokjin and Suga staying in the kitchen to finish cooking.

"The tea is very nice." You turned to V.

"Thank you. It's my own custom blend that I created." V said and you nodded your head, impressed.

"I have not greeted Seokjin and Suga." You remembered and stood up.

"She's so polite and courteous." Jungkook stared at you. Jimin led you to the kitchen, where the oldest two were cooking. They were so busy that they didn't even notice that you walked in. They didn't even smell your scent.

"Hyungs." V coughed and they jumped slightly, turning around to see you standing there with a shy smile.

"Hello. Thank you for cooking." You said to them.

"No problem. It should be done in about half an hour. Did the boys get you a drink while you wait?" Jin asked and you nodded your head, laughing. Your tinkling laughter was like music to their ears.

"Please, don't rush on my accord. I love the tea V gave me and the boys are nice to talk to. Actually, is there anything I can help with? I'm not a gourmet chef but I can do simple things like chopping or stir frying. If that will help take some load off you." You offered, rolling your sleeves up.

"How generous." Jin and Suga melted.

"Nonsense. You're our guest, we can't possibly make you cook with us. You should be relaxing. And you're dressed so nicely, we wouldn't want to dirty your clothes." Yoongi spoke softly.

"That's okay. And it feels weird to be treated so formally. We're friends after all, right?" You asked and they all nodded their heads.

"Still, we're not going to let you cook. Come on, we'll give you a house tour." Placing his hands on your shoulders, Jimin led you out of the kitchen. You followed them as they showed you their new house.

They didn't bother going through the bedrooms because that was boring. But they did show you the library, the backyard garden, the dining room, the bar area and their home theatre. Even their hallways had a lot of glass panels, which let a lot of natural light in, giving the space a warm feeling. It was very homey but you knew it must have cost a lot.

"Really nice home." You told them.

"Thank you, we're glad you like it. You know you can come over whenever you like." V grinned and your eyes widened slightly. Jungkook nudged his older brother gently.

"Hyung, you can't say that to a girl." Jungkook whispered. You covered your hands to stifle your laughs.

"Oh, sorry." V blushed.

"It's fine." You laughed and continued walking back to the living room with them. You saw Jungkook helping the others set the table and stepped up, going to the kitchen to find J-Hope scooping the rice into bowls.

"Can I help?" You asked.

"Alright. Help me bring these out?" He smiled and you nodded, taking the bowls in your hands. With each bowl, he told you who was having which. There were different amounts of rice. For example, Jungkook, Seokjin and RM ate a lot more rice than Suga and Jimin.

"Is this good for you?" He showed you the bowl.

"Perfect." You grabbed the bowl graciously and brought it out. Of course, he knew how much you ate after seeing out cook for yourself over the course of 2 weeks.

"Wow, what a spread. Thanks for cooking." You turned to Suga and Seokjin.

"Hope it's to your liking." Seokjin smiled.

"Don't worry! It looks so good, I'll definitely like it." You chuckled as everyone took their seats. You sat in between V and Jungkook. There was seriously so much food but mostly beef. Seeing how the boys ate so much beef reminded you of the 7 wolves yet again. Wolf Jimin would have loved to have so much beef instead of that boiled chicken he hated.

"(y/n)? You okay?" Suga waved a hand in front of your face.

"Huh? Oh, yeah, I'm fine. Just day dreaming, sorry." You blushed and continued eating. Jungkook grabbed a piece of beef, putting it in your bowl with a small smile.

"Thank you." You turned to him.

"Eat up!" Jungkook grinned, reminding you a bunny. It felt awkward at first but the boys were quick to make you feel comfortable with conversations you could relate to. You have never eaten a home cooked meal with this many people before.It had always been you and your grandfather.

"How's the food?" Seokjin asked.

"It's really good! You guys are great cooks." You smiled as you put another spoon of rice into your mouth.

"So, what's the reason you guys decided to settle here? You all seem like the kind to live in the city rather than a secluded country side like here." You asked.

"We're here because of you." They all thought.

"Not really though. We appreciate our nature. The city gets too noisy and stressful some times. But you never get tired of the countryside. We definitely wouldn't be able to get such a nice house if we were in the city." V spoke.

"You're right. I grew up here with my grandfather. This place is my life and I never want to leave." You confessed, remembering fond memories with your grandfather.

"Even if he's not here anymore, I still want to continue living here." You added. The boys grew soft.

"We're sorry for your loss." Suga whispered.

"Thank you. But I guess I got to meet you guys so I'm not completely alone." You shrugged with a smile.

"Ever the optimist. You're right, you will never be alone again." J-Hope smiled softly.

"Next time, you guys should come over to mine. I'll bake something if you guys like." You smiled. The boys were all excited at the thought of going over to your house. They missed the scent of your cabin and most of all, they missed being around you. And now, with the promise of your baked goods, they were even more than thrilled to go.

"We would love to!" Jungkook said a little too enthusiastically. You grinned and reached out to pat his head, making him freeze.

"Sorry! I shouldn't have..." You panicked, not knowing what got into you.

"No! No! It's okay! I don't mind." Jungkook assured. It was more than okay. The skin to skin contact you had with him just sent shivers down his spine, in a good way.

"Calm down." Jungkook scowled to his wolf.

When dinner was done, you helped bring the dishes to the back, which the boys already tried to protest to you doing. Therefore, when you tried to ask to help with the dishes, they kicked you out of the kitchen.

"I just wanted to help. It feels weird not to be doing anything." You rubbed the back of your neck.

"Just relax, (y/n). It's our agreement with one another anyway. Those who don't cook, help to clean up." Seokjin leaned against the back of the couch. Suga nodded in agreement, drinking his iced coffee. He looked up but when your eyes met, you turned away in embarrassment.

"Cute." Suga thought fondly.

"You like coffee?" You asked. He nodded his head.

"I want to visit your cafe." He stated quite straightforwardly. Your eyes widened and Seokjin burst out laughing.

"Forgive my dear Suga, he speaks his mind without thinking. What he means is, we would love to visit the cafe you're working at. You know, to try the coffee that you make." Seokjin quickly explained.

"Oh, right. Here." You gave them the name card of the cafe. Suga took it with two hands, slipping it into his back pocket. You checked your phone and saw that it was getting quite late. If it was your first time over, you shouldn't overstay your welcome.

"I should get going." You slung your bag over your shoulder.

"I'll walk you home." Suga stood up as well. The others came out and grabbed Suga and Seokjin, dragging them to the ktichen. You stood there awkwardly.

"Rock, paper, scissors." They squinted at each other.

"Wait! Namjoon hyung already got to pick her up! He should be excluded." V said and everyone turned to look at the leader. He sighed and backed away with his hands held up in surrender.

"Rock, paper, scissors!" They shot out. Seokjin won. He held his scissors up proudly, smirking at the rest.

"I'll bring you." Seokjin smiled.

"Thanks for coming over." The other 6 walked the two of you to the door with smiles and waves.

"Thanks for having me." You bowed slightly and followed Seokjin out. The forest path was dark and quiet but enough moonlight shone through the tree tops so you were not walking back blindly. You turned slightly to look at Seokjin, his handsome features standing out more than usual under the illuminating moonlight.

"Yes?" He turned to you.

"Nothing." You shook your head, turning your gaze back forward. Seokjin snickered silently to himself. It was a nice silence that engulfed the two of you.

"Are you cold?" Seokjin removed his denim jacket.

"It's okay, Seokjin."

"I wouldn't want you getting sick." He chuckled, draping the cardigan over your shoulders. You smiled gratefully and hugged the jacket around your frame tighter. It did bring some warmth and Seokjin's faint scent on the cloth made you feel more comforted.

"Have a nice night, (y/n). Sleep well." Seokjin stopped in front of your door.

"Thank you for having me over and walking me back. Have a good night." You wished. Seokjin waited for you to enter your house before leaving. As you closed the door, you realised that you still had his jacket.

"I'll return it on Monday or something." You threw it in the wash and headed upstairs to your room.

————

You had morning shift the next day at the cafe. You headed in and removed your hoodie, changing into your barista uniform. Checking your reflection, you adjusted the apron around your waist and headed to the front.

"Morning." Your manager, May, came out a few minutes after, checking the cash register.

"Morning, May sshi." You bowed your head and turned on the coffee equipment. The machines buzzed lightly as it heated up. There was half an hour until opening time so you went around your area, checking and making sure you had everything you needed. You went back to get the milk out, stocking the mini fridge that was below your counter.

"The new cups need labels." May told you.

"On it." You went to get the bag of new cups, sticking the cafe's labels on each one by hand.

"I'm going to open up." May smiled and you nodded your head, putting the finished cups aside. The regular office workers came through to get their hot coffees on the go. You were very much focused on delivering the orders.

"1 iced americano, please." A customer ordered. You heard the order and immediately started making the order.

"So this is it, huh?" The same voice spoke and you jumped slightly. You looked up to see the customer in front of you, with only the counter table separating the both of you.

"Suga sshi?" You moved your head slightly forward to see the face that was covered by the black cap.

"What's with the formality?" He tilted his head. You blushed slightly.

"Sorry, I'm just used to formalities while I'm at work. I wasn't expecting to see you." You smiled as you fixed his coffee.

"I told you I was going to come check it out." He shrugged. You rubbed the back of your neck sheepishly and closed the lid over his cold beverage, putting it on the pick up table. You gestured to it with a slight bow of the head and he grabbed it, along with a straw.

"Thank you. Have a nice day." You hummed and went back to making the other orders. Suga sat at a table near the corner, on his phone. You would occasionally look over at him to see him on his phone.

"Afternoon." Your other colleagues, Junseo and Soojoo, came in. You bowed your head in greeting.

"Go have lunch. We'll take over." They said and you nodded.

Suga saw you leaving to the back room and stood up, his almost empty cup in his hand. When he saw you coming out the kitchen's double doors with your bag, he followed you.

"You're still here?" You giggled.

"Are you having your lunch break?" He ignored your question as he opened the cafe door for you to exit. You nodded your head. Suga looked conflicted, he wasn't someone confident in his verbal confessions.

"Suga, would you like to have lunch together?" You asked. He nodded his head, looking away.

"Noodles?" The two of you walked to the nearby noodle bar together to eat. The owner gave you a table by the window and Suga removed his cap, running his fingers through his hair before fixing the accessory over his head again. His fluffy hair reminded you of the white wolf's soft fur and it made you softened slightly at the memory of the wolves.

"One spicy soup for me." You looked at the menu.

"Same." Suga nodded. He called the waiter over to take your orders. Even if Suga was quiet, it was a nice kind of silence that the two of you shared.

"Sorry, I don't hold a lot of conversations. I'm not like V or Jimin." Suga cleared his throat.

"Don't apologise. You're Suga, you're your own person. I don't expect you to be like V or Jimin. Besides, sometimes I like the peace and quiet too. And I'm sure there are things that make you uniquely you." You sent him a soft, reassuring smile.

"That's why you're perfect." Suga mentally smiled.

"Two spicy noodles." The waiter placed the bowls in front of you. You gave out the cutlery while Suga poured the cold tea.

"So, when did you move here?" Suga asked.

"I think... When I was about 5? The memory is quite foggy that I don't quite remember what happened to my parents. My grandfather also grew sour when I asked him about it so I just stopped asking." You shrugged.

"Do you... ever want to know what happened?"

"Of course, I do. At the end of the day, they're still my parents." You said a bit coldly.

"I-I'm sorry! That was totally not cool of me. I didn't mean for it to come out like that." You realised how horrible your tone was and was in panic. You didn't want to make Suga feel bad for asking.

"No, it's alright. I shouldn't have asked so much." Suga replied.

"That still doesn't give me a reason to be rude about it. It's just... I do want to know what happened to them. But I don't even know where to start looking for them and maybe after so many years, I've just accepted the fact that maybe they just aren't around anymore. If they really wanted to reconnect, they would have done it by now." You sighed.

"Whatever it is, I don't want you to think it's your fault in any way, okay? With your parents, that's between them." Suga comforted.

"Thank you for saying that." You smiled.

"What about you, Suga? How did you come to live with the other boys?" You turned the conversation on him.

"Well, it's kind of obvious that we are biological brothers. But we have been together since we were little. Our parents are all very close and when we grew older, we just decided to stick together." Suga said briefly.

"I see. Must be nice to have such a big family." He noticed the slight falter in your voice.

"You are part of that family too, (y/n). We're friends now, you don't have to feel like you're alone." Suga told you.

————

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 159 8
Summary: Just when you thought that you life was at its end, you were ready to disappear but a door appears in front of you. Above you was the milky...
149K 5.8K 42
•mature content• -Sexual themes from mild angst to 21+ -violence (will have tw) This fantasy story is about where a group of all kinds of beings and...
4.9K 148 6
Joon:Y/N...please...g-get out of here. Don't worry...about me. J-Just go. He raised the knife in the air and jabbed it in Namjoon's heart. Y/N:NAMJO...
49.3K 2.7K 22
[Book 1 of A Chaotic Serendipity] when omega Park Jimin chooses two Alphas at the mating festival it becomes the rarest bond seen in decades. contai...