Log Horizon: Alien Chronicles...

By Auto-nin

-Updated on Fridays- On the day the twelve expansion, Homesteading in the Noosphere, of Elder Tales launched... More

Ch.1 Edited
Ch.2
Ch.3
Ch.4
Ch.5
Ch.6
Ch.7
Ch.8
Ch.9
Ch.10
Ch.11
Ch.12
Ch.13
Ch. 14
Ch.15
Ch.16
Ch.17
Ch. 18
Ch.19
Ch.20
Ch. 21
Ch.22
Ch.23
Ch.24
Ch.25
Ch.26
Ch.27
Ch. 28
Ch. 29
Ch.30
Ch.31
Ch. 32
Ch.33
Ch.34
Ch.35
Ch.36
Ch.38
Ch. 39
Ch.40-Epilogue

Ch.37

251 9 4
By Auto-nin

"Hokage-sama, did I just hear that correctly?" Hiruzen smirked at his advisor Mitokado Homura. From the mirror, he could see his other advisor Utatane Koharu mouth was actually a gap at the screen above the mirror and before them. "Konohagakure is now own by this group Log Horizon?"

"Technically, I own Konohagakure. I joined Log Horizon to see if the guild system works here in our world and stayed in it to ensure Konoha was represented in this conference." Hiruzen said, chuckling, "Though, Naruto and his little friend are ruthlessly brilliant. Hence why I want to be allies with Akihabara than enemies."

"But, why is this Guild Hall Building so important? As well as owning these major buildings in the village?" Koharu asked, regaining her composure.

"The banks have been being demolished by the new system. Hence the only allowed bank is within the Guild Hall Building or  Konoha's Ninja Academy in Konoha's case." Koharu and Homura looked at their former teammate with horror. "Also, guilds can only be made, joined, or left through the Guild Hall Building. With owning a zone like the Guild Hall Building, I can control the settings like who is allowed access into the area. I can blacklist people from their bank accounts. Though, what Naruto had me focus on mainly buying is the Shrine."

"Blacklist a ninja from the Shrine, they won't revive." Homura said, frowning at the whispers they were hearing through Naruto's ears. "Anyone who gains control of a Shrine alone can easily control a whole army against their will."

"Naruto knew this and had me use the funds he had under this avatar to buy every important building and the city of Konohagakure itself to ensure our enemies don't get ahold of it. We have no way of confirming if blacklisting someone from the Shrine will result in death permanently, but it is something none of us want to find out." Hiruzen said, smiling at Shiroe. "However, to ensure this council would form, Shiroe and Naruto used that very advantage of now owning the city of Akihabara."

"They are villains." Homura sighed, "Makes me wonder where Naruto learned such skills."

"From the game some of those people think their world still is," Hiruzen chuckled, Though, it just became the real deal now.

Indeed, Old Man. Hiruzen nodded, looking back at the screen. Time to finish up this meeting. Upside, Hamelin has been taken care and will mostly be disbanding as soon as they figure out how to get out of their guild hall with now being blacklisted from the Guild Hall Building.

Good. Hiruzen smiled, I am proud of you, Naruto.

Nothing less than a checkmate, Old Man. That's how I roll. Hiruzen let a small chuckle out.

"Keeping us from our bank accounts seems like blackmail to me." Eins said, frowning at the screen.

"I simply answered the question. As mentioned, we plan on this not to be blackmail, but a means to allow the this council to prevent issues with conflicting guilds. It is for a last result if nothing else works." Naruto chuckled, looking around to give Hiruzen and his advisors a look of the whole council.

"Anyone who opposes the Round Table will lose access to the Guild Bank." Shiroe said, holding up a sheet of paper.

"It's still blackmail!" Akaneya shouted, glaring at Shiroe.

"Isn't saying you will start a war also blackmail?" Shiroe frowned at the others.

"Purchasing the Guild Hall Building would need a monstrous amount of money." Eins said, crossing his arms. "Though I know Log Horizon was running Santa's Workshop, I do not believe you earned it all from that business."

"Yeah. Where did you get that money?" Woodstock W asked, "We only earned 500,000 gold in this month with expenses and such taken out for our shops in the market."

"5 million." Hiruzen raised an eyebrow when the screen show the three major production guildmasters. "We gave him the money." Michitaka of Oceanic Systems said.

"So, the economic experiment you were expanding on from the success of Crescent Burger and Santa's Workshop..." Roderick of Roderick Firm adjusted his glasses with a frown.

"Indeed. It was to create this council." Shiroe said as all three production guild masters look down, all embarrassed and flustered.

"Now I see why you were so focused on Naruto becoming a ninja." Koharu sighed, shaking her head. "He managed to scam those three men, didn't he?"

"No. He is just one hell of a master at negotiation and business," Hiruzen said, sheepishly smiling. "I have been on the receiving end of it several times, resulting in either him making me buy him something or empty my wallet with treating him to ramen or something else. He has the very skills a leader in the current era we are in where war is often simply caused by basic conflicts that could be avoided with talking things out. Especially now when things are changing so fast and death is no longer a means to get rid of your enemies."

"You have anything to add, Shiroe?" Michitaka asked, frowning at Naruto.

"Still, you're in the position to blackmail us, Shiroe-sempai, Boss-sempai. People will lose their cool when under a threat, right?" Soujirou Seta asked, frowning at Naruto.

"Correct. Boss and I also prefer to not keep such authority as no one likes one person with all the control." Shiroe said, adjusting his glasses. "This is the objective of the meeting. Tell me, what does everyone think of this city... No, what do you think of this world's Adventurers and our situations? All my second-in-command, the Hokage, and I want is to complete two objectives. First is to let the citizens of both cities and of this world recover their vitality and livelihoods. The other goal is to create laws that bind the people of Akihabara and Konohagakure together. Does anyone oppose of this?" Shiroe asked.

My lord, the escape operation was a success. Sadly, I missed one for the blacklist, but Sasuke took care of him though his powers from the Otsutsuki clan. Hiruzen heard Shiroe's personal kunoichi speak in his mind and saw Shiroe chuckled.

"Will you stop laughing!" Isaac roared, standing up in fury. "If you're that determined, then I'll make a proposal of my own. Why don't you tell us what Log Horizon has in mind?"

"As I stated my goals before, it is to restore the life of the city and protect the people of both Akihabara and Konohagakure. As for the specifics, we'll begin with bringing life back to the area. Maryelle?" Shiroe looked at Maryelle of Crescent Moon. The woman stood up with a serious face on.

"As you all know, we've been running a restaurant known as Crescent Burger. The secret to it's popularity is due to the fact our food actually has taste. I will reveal that secret now." Everyone but a few at the table gasped.

"Taste?" Homura asked, confused while looking at the woman.

"As you both found out, you need cooking skills to properly cook food. A person with the Chef subclass does best at doing so." Hiruzen said, "However, due to all of them thinking the world was still the game, they discovered that by using the menus to create food, they still got food. Problem is, no taste to the food. To get taste, you have to cook the food without a menu and with the right amount of cooking skill to do so. They have only eaten tasteless food and ingredients for the past month before they discovered how to make taste and opened one of the two businesses they used for this plan. Part of Akiba's decline was due to the lack of taste in food, making living basically so cheap, you could live with doing nothing."

"If Konoha was forced to live on tasteless food, I could see how it could decline." Koharu sighed, "With now death not being permanent and money can be earned through monsters, ninja are more willing to take on riskier missions. However, that is only because now they have to pay more for proper food and comforts. If food was tasteless, then they would just need to do the bare minimum work to survive, possibly just taking on monsters alone."

"It would make the village go to a standstill economy wise, which has happened in Akihabara, right?" Homura asked, getting a nod from the Hokage.

"Yes. But, that is also why I want to join Ahikabara. We have military knowledge and politics under our belt, but Ahikabara doesn't. They have the knowledge of the new world we will be joining and the politics that are involved with it that we don't have. I think it is a perfect fit for the two villages to join forces as one." Hiruzen said, listening to Maryelle as she explained how to get taste through cooking and the shocked responses of the other members in the conference.

"This discovery actually is deeper than just cooking." Naruto said, interrupting the conversation at the table and with the Hokage. "Right, Michitaka?" Naruto looked at the production guild masters.

"Yes. With conjunction with Santa's Workshop, Roderick Firm, and 8th Shopping District, our guild has successfully created a stream engine." Michitaka grinned at the other people at the table.

"A prototype to be exact." Roderick sighed, adjusting his glasses.

"It still has flaws, but it is a great proof of concept." Charasin of 8th Shopping said.

"It's amazing you did that in fewer than 12 hours, though Boss has managed a greater feat in less time with discovering you can create new skills and magic through having a Scribe make a scroll for it or through experimenting with the magic itself. Though the later has more taxing to the body." Everyone looked at Naruto with shock, making the Hokage nervously chuckled from seeing all the eyes aimed at the screen.

Naruto, maybe I need to revamp the school if you failed twice, but are this good. Hiruzen sighed, shaking his head.

"Wait..." Isaac said, his voice filled with confusion. "What does this all mean, huh? I mean, knowing there is new skills and spells to be made is great for battle guilds, but I don't get it."

"It means what you learned of cooking does not just apply to it." Shiroe said, smiling. "It applies to all subclasses and classes. When Elder Tales was a game, there was no steam engines. However, a player with sufficient crafting skills can take this world's materials and with their own hands can create things, without the command menu, that weren't originally a part of this world. This also applies to magic and skills. Las Boss is from the Noosphere, a world that is being absorbed into this one. His world is actually lower in tech, though they still had computers. That is how he found Elder Tales and began working for them to bring the game to the Noosphere. Instead of tech, the Noosphere actually has people who can use abilities akin to magic, hence how Boss was able to figure out how to make new magic and potions not seen before in the game. There is also the discovery of Overskills."

"Overskills?" Krusty asked, adjusting his glasses, "Aren't those just player hacks the developers never expected?"

"Yep, but they exist now in a bigger way than before." Naruto said, adjusting his glasses from the Hokage seeing his finger before the screen. "In fact, Real Food Preparation and Magic Engineering as we told you are Overskills. However, they are not limited to subclasses alone. You are seeing my Overskill Hydra Link now in action through using the text boxes to show what the Old Man is seeing on his side and he is seeing and hearing what I am hearing. This is due to I can still multi-box characters like in the game. Though, it can be taxing on me for doing it with a lot of people or keeping the link open like this for communication."

"Naruto can control people?" Koharu asked, anger rising up in her voice.

"Yes and no. The person has to give him willing control or else he gets a nasty backlash if he does take control of someone unwilling." Hiruzen sighed, "Though, I can do the same. I have figured out how to do Hydra Link as well, though I am nowhere as skilled as Naruto. It's quite a beast to master."

"Now, with no boundaries on what people can create and new things to discover, there will be a rush to invent things and explore this world." Roderick said, "That means new products and services that will require money to purchase them."

"That will resort in restoring the economy and even bring a technological revolution." Charasin chimed as all three production guild masters nodded in agreement.

"In light of this, we, the three major crafting guilds, support the creation of the Round Table Alliance!" Michitaka said, grinning at Shiroe and Naruto.

"Part of the reason the town feels so dead is due to simple despair caused by there being nothing for people to do." Shiroe said, focused at the Naruto and the screen before him. "Surviving in this world costs too little money. Wouldn't it be better to do something with the money you earn from defeating monsters for more than just survival? To get money and crafting materials, activities like hunting and taking on quests become necessary. That would give the combat guilds more work as bodyguards. However, though the help of Konohagakure sharing it's mission system and Santa's Workshop, we have also managed to bring back quests though they never disappeared. Instead, the quest menu just doesn't work the same and you  need documentation to get People of the Land related quests to appear in the quest bar. With Konohagakure's system, we now also rate quests to make it easier for Adventurers to figure out the proper quest as well as proper payment from the quest giver." All the guilds nodded, smiling at Shiroe.

I see. That also gives Konoha a gauge for how much we should be charging out of gold instead of ryou with how fast gold is replacing our currency. It also makes it so once we are in that world, Konohagakure has the edge of an already established system to take on quests and missions. Hiruzen thought, pulling out his pipe to chew on it's mouthpiece.

"Next problem is safety. The laws don't have to be strict. If you consider the fights over territory and hunting grounds to simply be another form of competition, there is no need to outright ban those fights." Shiroe said.

"That's right," Isaac said, grinning at the cloaked man.

"However," Shiroe shocked everyone with his stern tone. "Certain things go too far and need to be banned. PKing, or for the two advisors with the Hokage, murdering another person out of pure pleasure and looting their items, needs to be restricted. Why don't we forbid PKing within the lower level zones around Akihabara?"

"They had people enjoying murdering others?" Homura sighed, frowning.

"Hence we will be actually restricting this PKing around Konoha's low level areas since we have people who enjoyed it before revival came to be." Hiruzen sighed, "Which isn't hard since we already have a patrol system up."

"Our next issue is one of human rights." Shiroe said, "I believe that with death no longer absolute, kidnapping, imprisonments, rape, and torture are far more serious crimes than they would have been in the old world. Leaving and joining a guild should also be up to the individual, not forced on them."

"Agreed." Michitaka said, crossing his arms.

"My final suggestion is that these rights don't just apply to Adventurers, but to the People of the Land as well. This includes the citizens of the Noosphere." Everyone at the conference except Shiroe and Naruto gasped.

"People of the Land?" Homura asked, both advisors looking at the Hokage.

"They are the natives of the world our world is fusing to." Hiruzen said, "But, it also applies to our non-ninja civilians of this world. Just listen."

"This is not the world of Elder Tales we know." Naruto spoke up, the screen shifting as Naruto stood up. "In fact, instead, Elder Tales was simply a portal connecting Adventurers to the bodies we are no trapped within. These bodies came to exist in this world the moment we made our avatar for the game. This world is affected by game mechanics and such, but it is not purely a world of computer data and numbers. It is a real, living world that we must keep in mind at all times. The ability to cook and invent new items is not the only proof. And hence we also must keep in mind that the People of the Land, the NPCs, are the original inhabitants of these lands. We are the outsiders and lack in numbers compared to them. The same for the people of my world that is combining with this one to make this world completely the size of Earth. The total population of ninja and other such occupations that has been marked as Adventurer is only roughly 1/10th the population of the whole world."

"They are not simply non-player characters?" Charasin asked, confused.

"Correct." Shiroe said, "They have their own personalities, back stories, memories, and dreams. Just like us."

"That's idiocy." Isaac chuckled.

"Have you ever spoken with them?" Shiroe asked, glaring at the knight.

"Why would I?" Isaac said, annoyed.

"M-May I say something?" Maryelle asked, getting everyone's attention. "Adventurers are not the only ones coming to Crescent Burger. We have also gotten many customers who were People of the Land as well. They desire good food as well."

"Many People of the Land work the market and Guild Hall Building," Naruto said with a frown, "They also serve even now as an important means to control inflation with gold. We cannot live without them, but they can most likely live without us no problem."

"If we cannot govern ourselves, then it might not be too long before our relations with the People of the Land will be damaged beyond repair." Shiroe said in a serious tone, "Even with restoring quests, the People of the Land are wary of us."

"Are you implying there's a possibility of war with the People of the Land?" Krusty asked.

"I think that is a question for the Round Table." Shiroe said before motioning to Las Boss.

"Also, I have one more discovery to announce." Naruto said, holding his hands out. "This world is still adapting to us and changing. Though my world, I was able to find that Earth knows we are missing. However, whatever trapped us in this world has tried to tempt new players to log in. The company has managed to stop this, but there is still a means for new players to entered this world."

"Wait, so players can still log in?" Woodstock W asked as everyone but Shiroe looked at Naruto with shock.

"Correct and the very reason I am spending my whole fortune to ensure Akiba and Konoha stays out of the hands of those who would harm them. It also proves that our bodies we are now in existed before the Catastrophe. My wife is currently pregnant, exactly 4 months with three buns in the oven." Naruto said, his tone serious.

"P-Pregnant?" Isaac stuttered in shock. "A-And t-three b-buns? Holy berserker..."

"Wait, we been only stuck in this world for roughly 1 to 2 months. How can she being 4 months pregnant?" Krusty asked.

"N-Naruto's a dad?" Hiruzen asked, pale as a ghost. Does he even know what sex is?

Yes I do, Old Man. Though how my wife is pregnant is important for Konohagakure as well. Hiruzen focused back on the screen with hearing Naruto's voice. "With investigation through speaking with other players and giving exams to female ones who were feeling odd, Log Horizon has discovered Adventurers can only have children through the couple system and sex is not needed, too. It only works with gaining the anniversary Baby Stork Bonus with gaining marriage status as a couple. The People of the Land are able to procreate like back on Earth, but it makes me realize that the couple system might be a means to control the Adventurer's population or it could be just the beginning as this world becomes more and more reality and less of a game you all know." Naruto looked at everyone. "I already decided this world and Akiba is my home. And I will be raising my children here. Hence, I want to ensure my expecting family's safety along with those I care for as friends are ensured. Be it here in Akiba or in Konoha. Don't you all want the same for your guilds and the guilds all throughout Akiba?"

Silence whispers filled the room, everyone looked at each other in shock. "Naruto." Hiruzen said, standing up at his desk. "Konohagakure recognizes the Round Table Alliance."

"Hai. The Old Man told me Konohagakure recognizes the Round Table Alliance." Naruto repeated what the Hokage said to the others.

"D.D.D. agrees to the establishment of the Round Table Alliance." Krusty said, standing up. Hiruzen smiled, watching one by one as the guild masters stood up and agreed to the council.

"Log Horizon also agrees." Shiroe said last, finishing off the agreement. "Hence, as mentioned with the Hidden Leaf Trade Alliance, the alliance is disbanded and a new one shall be establish in the coming days for the whole council to insure proper trade with Konohagakure."

"Also, the deal between Log Horizon and the Kunie clan is now active." Naruto chimed, doing a thumbs-up. "With a council now formed, we can set up new laws for the Royal Guard to enforce due to the Royal Guard being under my control. Since the Royal Guard is actually the Kunie clan members using special armor, I wanted to make sure we do this without forcing our will on to them as we currently are with simply thinking they are a defense system that comes out when you fight in No Combat Zones. This should allow the Royal Guard's job to become easier and a bit more livable doing while helping with the security of the city."

"We will also publically informing everyone the formation of this council and the various secrets discuss here this afternoon through a public announcement and good-will feast. Also, we will put up the first tax to help run the council, which will be one gold piece for each use of the Guild Hall Building. We will plan for figuring out future funds as Boss only can only keep up with the upkeep costs for a year or two with both Akiba and Konoha. However, I think there is not much more we need to agree on since the rest is just drafting out the official paperwork and preparing for this afternoon."

"We will be doing the same." Hiruzen sighed, "The information we will be releasing needs to be known by not just our fellow Konoha citizens, but the world. Keeping it could cause conflict that we don't need." Hiruzen watched as his advisors nodded. "Rare that you two agree on me with such stuff."

"We know of you stopping Danzou from getting information from Naruto's computer and wiping said information." Koharu said, but kept looking at the screen. "Information now is a very vital thing and far more potent. But, that also makes it far more dangerous now to mislead allies and enemies. Especially with Konoha's current state."

"Agreed. We can't afford a war with how fast our population is growing. Even with lacking business skills, we understand an army cannot stand on its own without supplies and support." Homura said, adjusting his glasses.

"Wait." Hiruzen focused back at the screen, finding Krusty on it. "There is one thing we do need to do before we finish up here."

"Hm? What is it?" Shiroe asked.

"We need an official leader for the council. I am not saying the person needs to be the one in charge, but I think it is far we at least structure this council akin to a guild to make things easier on the rest of Akiba accepting this council. Hence we will refer to this council as an unofficial guild which focuses on keeping the city stable and creating laws to ensure everyone's safety and happiness." Krusty said, holding up his hand.

"But, who should be the leader?" Isaac smirked, "I mean, you have the battle guilds, the craft guilds, and small guilds here who would want control."

"Actually, the perfect candidate is already here with us." Krusty said, smirking while adjusting his glasses. "It is best to not use a guild master from the guilds forming this council as that would give too much power to one guild. Same for this Hokage who from what I understand technically controls a whole player city himself."

"So, who is this candidate?" Maryelle asked while Shiroe smirked.

"The only non-guild master sitting at this table. Or should I say standing on it right now." Krusty said with a chimed, making everyone look straight at Naruto.

"Whoa! No no!" Naruto shook his head, actually giving Hiruzen motion sickness from the screen moving. "I just bought up the buildings due to my funds are locked even with becoming part of a guild. Once the Round Table Alliance manages to get the needed funds to cover the upkeep costs, I will be resigning my properties to the council and leaving the council with not being a guild master."

"But, that actually makes you perfect for the job." Roderick smirked, adjusting his glasses as well. "Even though you are still a part of Log Horizon, it is a small guild and you are not the guild master. Also, add the fact you are the End Game Boss, this should help serve as a deterrent to both players and NPCs since your reputation alone is well known."

"And, you are a mean negotiator," Michitaka added, his own grin quickly being joined by the others. "In fact, with such an villian person like you, leader is not a good term for you."

"Ah, I know, maybe king or dictator would work better!" Soujirou chimed.

"Hell no! A hate those titles! I rather Dad nagging me to act more like a sage than take on such a title!" Naruto growled before Hiruzen instantly felt the very same chill going down the boy's body. With Naruto looking around, Hiruzen realized everyone was giving the boy a smirk with an evil gleam in their eyes. "Don't even think about it. Who the hell would take me seriously anyways since I am a brat unless in combat."

"All who agrees to make Boss the King for the Round Table Alliance said, yah." Shiroe said, holding up his hand.

"Yah!" Hiruzen even said out loud, amused by the shocked looks of his advisors as everyone agreed to the motion.

"You guys are assholes!" Naruto growled, "I mean, I look like a freakin' fairy here. Noone is going seriously and I rather be out of politics now that we have the council set up. I hate doing meetings like this!" Naruto whined. "I can already hear people mocking me now and forcing me to try and not kill them."

"The Fairy King of the Round Table sounds like a good title." Shiroe said, smirking at Naruto. "Hence along with the formation of the Round Table Alliance, we also have nominated Otsutsuki Las Boss Naruto as the King of the Round Table, specifically the Fairy King of the Round Table."

"Agreed." Everyone said, nodding in agreement.

"Fuck you." Naruto groaned, flopping right onto his back. "Can I break the link now? I need a fucking Ultimate Fatigue Crusher and aspirin."

"Yes. I believe Hokage-sama knows everything he needs for now and we will contact you soon, sir." Shiroe chuckled.

"Understood." Hiruzen said allowed while also thinking it before the screen disappeared and his vision became clear of the blue tint. "Fairy King of the Round Table. I still haven't gotten those photos of Naruto dressing up as Santa Claus, so now I have more stuff to enjoy from his embarrassment." Hiruzen laughed, ignoring the strange looks he was getting from his old teammates.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 119 13
I glared at the old man. These humans... They took me away from my pack. I don't know what they want, but I will not submit to their desires. "So we...
64.2K 1.8K 24
(She/Her Reader) (DISCONTINUED, OLD AND CRINGE) This story takes place after the demon lord himself was defeated, even though he and the Twelve Moons...
819 92 45
To make ends meet after losing his parents, Daisuke picked up a job at a local convenience store while learning code. His aim? To sell top-of-the-lin...
720K 43.4K 200
The universe gave me another chance after life screwed me over. My second life brought me to a world where people breath fire, walk on water and some...