Confessions of the Past

By ooohjiminah_

Summary: You live a quiet life in your late grandfather's cabin in the woods. You go to school just to gradua... More

Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
EPILOGUE

Chapter One

5.1K 166 16
By ooohjiminah_

————

Chapter warning(s): Bullying is mentioned, reader is alone. Please read at your own discretion.

Your life is either uneventful or really sucks. No one really notices you as you live your everyday life. Loneliness has become your best friend.

————

((Bolded words are spoken through mind link))

You pressed the button as you saw the bus coming to your stop. Tapping your card, you stepped off, with your headphones in your ears, playing a song. You watched as other students met up with their friends to enter the school together. You weren't like them.

"Move aside, loser." Someone bumped into your shoulder. He snickered and hi-fived his friends before walking away. Sighing, you shook your head.

"Ugh, a sore sight to see in the morning." Your usual bully, Kira, snorted as you opened your locker. You rolled your eyes, ignoring her as you arranged your books.

Thankfully, she didn't cause much harm and was mostly verbal, which meant it was easy to block her out. She only picked on you because you were alone.

"Don't you ever get tired of just talking, Kira?" You sighed as you closed your locker.

"If I'm one step closer to getting rid of you, I don't mind." She shrugged, laughing with her group of girls. You just walked away, heading to your class. You sat in the back, away from everyone else.

"Class, let's start." The teacher came in with a bored look on his face. No one wanted to be here, including you. But before your grandfather passed away, he made you promise him to at least graduate high school before you did anything else. You didn't have to go to college but you had to at least graduate high school with a diploma.

"Hey, loner." Someone threw something at your head but you ignored it, kicking the paper ball aside with your foot.

"Why do you eve bother showing your face?" The guy behind you kicked your chair. You sighed, knowing this was their tactic to try and get a reaction out of you but you weren't going to give them the time of day.

"Yah, I'm talking to you. Are you deaf?" He continued.

"You think you're all that?" His deskmate snickered, throwing another paper ball at your back.

When the lunch bell rang, you slung your bag over your shoulder and went out the backdoor of the school. You always took your bag because one time, you left it in class, the other students thought it would be funny to throw your things into the pond.

It was a quiet, small field, your usual spot being under the big tree. This had been your secret spot for a long time. Well, it wasn't really a secret. It's just that no one comes here.

"A few more hours to go." You sighed as you sat down and took your lunch box out. It was just a mix of leftovers from last night.

You slowly ate by yourself. At first, it felt really lonely and sad but you're used to it now, after years.

"We're running laps today." Your gym coach said and everyone let out groans. He didn't care about anyone else so he blew his whistle and went to take a seat by the bleachers. You wordlessly began your run with the other students.

————

"Hyung!"

"Jimin! Run!" Jimin fell to the side, letting out a whimper. He pushed himself to stand up, shaking his head to get his vision straight. Looking left and right, he saw his brother fighting.

"RUN JIMIN!"

"But-"

"We'll find you again! Just run and don't look back!"

His older brother howled and Jimin took a small step back before running off. He needed to find help or his brothers were going to die. The forest never seemed to end and all Jimin saw were the same tress and shrubs. The sounds of fighting were gone and it was silent now.

"Hyungs? Tae? Jungkook?"

He let out a whimper when he heard nothing on the mind link. Jimin wanted to turn back but he remembered his brother's words to run and hide. Being an omega, he wouldn't be able to help much.

"I swore I heard something." There were voices behind him with footsteps. Fearing that people knew he escape, Jimin took off again.

"Shelter!"

Jimin saw a small house there. Even if he risked humans finding him and killing him for trespassing, he knew this was his only hope now. He saw an open window by the side of the house and used his hind legs to push him in.

As he ducked down, he noticed how dark the house was. He didn't smell anyone currently here.

"Please... hyungs... Taehyung... Kookie. Please say something." Jimin tried to connect with his brothers but there was no reply from their side. He could only pray that the worse didn't happen. He hide his head between his paws, his ears pressed against his head. There was a wound on his side but that was the least of his worries now.

"Only one more year of hell." Jimin heard footsteps approaching. It was a female. He stood up, looking around in panic. Where could he hide?

You took your keys out, opening screen door followed by the main door. Work always left you tired, drained and hungry but you needed it to survive. Plus, the restaurant owner always let the staff take leftovers home.

"Ugh, I need a shower." One thing you hated about working at a barbecue restaurant was the smell afterwards.

You dropped your bag when you saw something on the ground. Frozen, you leaned down to touch the small drop on the ground. The crimson colour was a dead giveaway.

"H-Hello? Is someone here?" You called out.

"Are you hurt?" You asked.

*CRASH*

You jumped and turned around to meet a pair of eyes in the dark. Squinting, you reached for the light switch and turned it on to see a wolf or very large dog. He was trapped under the folded chairs that he knocked over, struggling and whimpering pitifully.

"Hey, hey. It's alright." You rushed over and helped lift the chairs up. The wolf was quick to back away, as if he was the one scared of you.

"I'm not going to hurt you, I promise." You sat down, holding your hands up in surrender.

Slowly, he took cautionary steps towards you, sniffing you slightly. You let him sniff your hand and that was when your eyes caught the deep, bleeding gash on his side.

"You're hurt." You pointed out. He just stared at you. You stood up, startling him slightly. You went to your kitchen to grab your first aid kit. Your grandfather got hurt often so you had put one in the house to treat him.

"Will you let me help you?" You asked before you got closer. As a sign of trust, he laid down, exposing his side to you.

"It's going to sting." You shook the antiseptic spray. You didn't know why you felt the need to explain each step to the wolf as if it would understand you. Maybe it was just the nerves. Sighing, you sprayed the purple spray, making the wolf hiss slightly. Taking some gauze, you cleaned the wound like you would with a normal human wound.

"I should be googling this." You took your phone out to research how you should be treating an animal wound. Fortunately, you weren't too off.

The wolf stood up to let you wrap the bandage around his ribs. You secured it and it was done. Then, you proceeded to clear the area and throw all the used gauze away.

"It's so late." You went to take a quick shower. When you came out, you made some fried rice for yourself and sat by the couch.

*whimper*

"Geez! I forgot you're here." You nearly dropped your plate of food. The wolf sat next to you, eyeing your food. He looked at it then looked at you, blinking before returning his gaze to your food. You weren't dumb to know that wolves obviously cannot eat kimchi fried rice.

"Let me see what I have." You put the food down and went to the kitchen to retrieve the chicken. As you waited for the water to boil, you saw the wolf getting closer to your fried rice.

"Yah!" You shuffled over and hit his snout. He shot you a glare, growling to expose his canines.

For a second, you cursed yourself for forgetting that you're dealing with a wild animal. You cleared your throat, making the wolf look at you.

"I'm already making chicken for you. Just be patient, alright? You can't eat that, you might die or something." You told him, standing up and rushing to the kitchen. When the chicken was done, you placed it on a paper plate and slid it over to the wolf. He stared at it, before looking at it and sniffing it. Lifting his head, he gave you a flat look.

"What?"

"Stop looking at me like that. Animals can't have seasoning on their food so appreciate it. I could have left you hungry." You sassed. You swore the wolf scoffed at your words.

Still, he took a bite and it wasn't long until he polished the entire plate. You threw the paper plate and washed your own bowl.

"You can stay the night if you want. But you're staying down here." You headed to the storeroom to get some spare blankets that your grandfather had kept for the winter.

"Here." You laid it on the ground in a cozy corner with some pillows from the couch. The wolf sniffed the material putting on hesitant paw before sitting down. You watched as he turned around in the spot, pushing the things aside before he got comfortable.

"Goodnight." You wished the wolf and went upstairs to your room. You didn't sleep yet, you stayed up for a while more to finish your homework.

Only when the clock hit 2 am, then you realised that you needed to go to bed or you wouldn't wake up for school tomorrow. As you stacked your finished papers and put them in your bag, you thought about the wolf.

Was he okay?

"He's a wide animal, he has probably lived in conditions much worse than this. This is a luxury to him." You laughed to yourself. As you settled in bed, waiting to fall asleep, a cry made you get up.

"Wolfie? You okay?" You turned the lights on and went downstairs. He was sitting on the blanket, a tensed look on his canine face.

"What's wrong?" You asked softly, sitting in front of him. What he did next totally caught you off guard.

He suddenly came close to you, standing in between you legs and leaning into you. His head was on your shoulder, his muzzle nuzzling against your cheek slightly. With shaky hands, you wrapped one around him while the other stroked his back. You never thought you would be sitting in your living room, at 2 am, comforting a wolf with hugs.

"It's alright." You cooed.

He seemed to be better when he pulled away, even licking your cheek, which made you cringe a little.

"Go to sleep." You stood up to leave when there was a tug on your shirt. He bit the end of your shirt, pulling you back gently. He didn't want you to leave him alone. Sighing, you tugged your shirt back.

"You want me to sleep here?" You interpreted. Looks like you were correct as the wolf let out a small bark, letting his tongue hang out of his mouth.

"Ugh. Fine!" You went upstairs to grab you pillow and blanket. You laid down beside the wolf when he decided to get under your blanket and squeeze under your arm. It almost looked like you were spooning him, with him being the little spoon while you were the big spoon.

"I swear, you could be a human." You rolled your eyes as his ears twitched. He scooted back so his back was flushed against your front.

"It'll be okay..." You yawned, mumbling from the pure exhaustion.

It felt weird that someone was in the house with you. You were used to the quiet, the loneliness that even having another being, human or not, felt different.

The last person that was here with you was your grandfather but he died two years back. Even then, you were alone in school and at work. The only person you felt you needed was your grandfather. Now that he's gone, you were truly alone. The sudden appearance of the wolf made you feel self conscious but at the same time, a part of you wished he would never leave.

It was about 5 am when the wolf was whimpering and kicking around slightly in his sleep, waking you up. He looked like he was having a nightmare.

"Hyungs! Please don't go! Tell me that you're all okay. I didn't mean to abandon you." Jimin cowered in fright.

"It's okay." You stroked his fur in attempt to calm him down. Lifting the blanket, you noticed that he bled through his bandage from all the moving. You pushed yourself up and went to get the first aid kit.

"Wake up. Let me change your bandage." You shook him and his eyes fluttered open. You swore you saw tears in his eyes.

"Were you having a nightmare? Do wolves have dreams?" You thought.

"I'm crazy to think you even understand me." You chuckled to yourself as you cut away the bandage and replaced it with a new one, securing it with the metal fasteners.

This time, you didn't clear the things. You just pushed everything aside and laid down to sleep. You definitely needed more sleep but you only had one hour left, which would have to suffice for now. Casually, you threw your arm over the wolf, snuggling into the warmth of his fur.

"You're nice and warm." You mumbled sleepily and began to drift off again.

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

You and the wolf jumped at your sudden alarm. You felt him slip out from your grasp, sniffing your phone and pawing at it in annoyance. Chuckling, you reached over to turn it off.

"I have to go to school. Which means you'll go back, hmm?" You hummed. Holding a hand out, you let the wolf put his head under it.

"Breakfast?" You giggled and he barked.

Standing up, you gathered your blanket and pillow, bringing it back to your room before you washed up. You brushed your teeth and combed your hair. When you entered your bedroom to change, you saw the wolf walking around, sniffing the area.

"Are you done?" You raised an eyebrow and he turned around to face you before snorting and sitting down on the carpet.

"I need to change and no way are you staying in here." You pointed to the door. It looked like he was rolling his eyes at you before he strode out of there and you closed the door. You changed into your school uniform.

"Breakfast time." You went to the kitchen. You made a sandwich for yourself, not having much time.

*whimper*

"Fine, you can have one piece of bacon." You tossed him one. He jumped up, catching it in his mouth before gobbling it up. He obviously wasn't happy with the boiled chicken yesterday but you didn't really have anything else to give him. You knew he was over it when you dropped the chicken into the water and he gave you the same flat look with his ears folded down.

"I'm sorry, okay? I don't want a dead wolf in my hands." You scoffed and bit into your sandwich as you waited for his food.

"Here you go." You placed the plate of food down and sat in front of him as he ate. He stopped and looked up to meet eyes with you. There was a blush on your cheeks as you were caught staring by a wolf.

You coughed and looked away as he continued eating. Subconsciously, you reached out to pat his head again.

"I've always been alone here. But with you here, even if it was only for one night, made the house feel that much more lively. It felt nice. So thank you for that." You whispered.

"You don't have to always be alone." Jimin said softly in his head.

"Alright. Let's go." You quickly stood up. The wolf followed you as you wore your shoes and locked the door behind you.

"Goodbye. Stay safe." You bent down in front of him. He licked your cheek, nuzzling against it softly. His soft fur tickled your skin, making your laugh. You turned to walk to the same bus stop that you go to everyday. But the crunching behind you made you turn around.

"You can go! Your friends might be looking for you." You chuckled. He walked forward, standing beside you and looked up at you.

He followed you all the way to the bus stop. He kept his distance as he saw an elderly couple also waiting for the bus but you could see him sitting there, watching you.

Soon, the bus came and you turned to look at him. You waved at him with a small smile and stepped into the bus. Looking out the window, you saw him turn around and enter the forest once again.

————

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

425K 13.8K 47
BTS are mates. Namjoon and Hoseok returned home with another omega walking behind them. The new arrival seems to get along with everyone but Yoongi...
33.8K 2K 30
Warning: This story is fictional and has nothing to do with real life events or the actual members of BTS. It may contain depictions of violence, blo...
177K 3.9K 39
Jungkook x reader ft Taehyung Wolf AU Y/N is a young 17 year old girl who left her pack due to her own reasons but what happens when she runs into...
723 59 11
𝗱𝗼𝗻𝘁 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗺𝗲𝗲𝘁. 𝗢𝗿 𝗲𝗹𝘀𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂'𝗹𝗹 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗿𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘀 - 𝗝𝗞 𝗜 𝘄𝗮𝘀𝗻'𝘁 𝗺...