someone to stay, supernatural...

By maybankwalker

[ supernatural -- seasons 1-5 ] SPN Crossover Series: Someone to Stay Something in the Orange I DO NOT own Su... More

CAST, ACT ONE
001. the winchesters
002. jericho
003. never go home
004. changed lives
005. terrible driver
006. wendigo
007. kids are strong
008. drowning
009. final destination thing
010. bloody mary
011. shapeshifter
012. hook man
013. bugs
014. psychics and poltergeists
015. telling secrets
016. scarecrows and hitchhiking
017. dying dean
018. dean's old girlfriend
019. special children
020. people are crazy
021. human monster
022. tulpa
023. like father, like daughter
024. no boys
025. vampires
026. "they're both mine!"
027. car crash
CAST, ACT TWO
029. the roadhouse
030. "i will never hate you."
031. gordon walker
032. what's dead should stay dead
033. andy and ansem
034. h. h. holmes ghost
035. death omen
036. crossroads
037. croatoan
038. new power
039. possession
040. scooby doo-like case
041. bank robbery
042. angels
043. 2018
044. return of meg
045. trickster
046. sisters
047. road kill
048. werewolf love
049. movie set
050. dream life
051. demon blood
052. gates of hell
CAST, ACT THREE
053. groups of seven
054. changelings
055. rabbit's foot
056. look out
057. fairy tales
058. ghost ship
059. vamp gordon
060. christmas
061. dream root
062. mystery spot
063. jus in bello
064. ghostfacers
065. dean and natalie
066. worst summer ever
CAST, ACT FOUR
067. september eighteenth
068. angel of the lord
069. 1973
070. angry aunt
071. rougarou
072. horror movie monsters
073. yellow fever
074. halloween
075. wishing well
076. anna and alastair
077. demons vs. angels
078. living in the walls
079. magic act
080. dead siblings
081. torture
082. amateurs
083. books
084. half-brother
085. secret's out
086. hallucinations
087. all hell breaks loose
CAST, ACT FIVE
88. beginning of the end
089. parting ways
090. different lives
091. role models
092. pranks
093. grumpy old men
094. play your part
095. convention
096. surprises
097. body swap
098. 1978
099. heaven
100. whore of babylon
101. saying yes
102. motel hell
103. sam's old friend
104. sam's plan
105. big showdown
BOOK TWO

028. really long nap

879 30 19
By maybankwalker

Sam walks into Dean's hospital room, looking at his brother's unconscious body. He finally managed to stop crying and get Libby to stop crying and come back inside. Libby is sniffling, her head resting on her dad's shoulder, cuddling into him as much as she can.

"Sammy!" Dean's spirit calls. "You and Libs look good. Considering."

"Oh, no." Sam whispers.

"Man, tell me you can hear me." Dean begs. "How're Ophi and Nat? Are they okay? Is dad alive? Come on, you're the psychic. Give me some ghost whispering or something."

Libby's eyebrows furrow and she lifts her head, looking around the room. Not seeing anything, she rests her head back on Sam's shoulder.

A nurse walks in, knocking on the door frame.

"Your niece is awake." She informs.

"Thank God." Dean sighs in relief.

"She's gonna be okay?" Sam asks.

"Yep. You know, she got very lucky. Guess she has some sort of guardian angel watching over her." The nurse smiles before walking out.

Sam quickly goes to Ophelia's hospital room and Dean follows.

"Oh, baby." Dean sadly sighs when he sees Ophelia's right arm in a cast and the bruises and scratches on her face, not to mention the tired look on her face. Her left ankle is wrapped up due to the sprain.

"Hey, Ophi." Sam gently greets. She manages to smile at him. "How you feeling?" Libby doesn't show any excitement for her cousin, not up to being happy when she's both tired and still sad.

"My whole body really hurts." Ophelia says making Sam softly laugh.

"Makes sense." He nods. "But you'll be okay. You'll be better before you know it."

"Are you guys okay?" Ophelia asks.

"Yeah. Yeah, we're fine." Sam forces a smile.

"What about daddy?" Ophelia asks, managing to sit up with a small wince.

"He, uh... he'll be fine." Sam tells her.

"You're lying." Ophelia pouts.

"Ophi..."

"Is he dead?" She worriedly asks.

"No. No, he's not dead. He's just... he isn't awake yet." Sam says. "But he'll wake up. I'll make sure of it."

"What about Aunt Natty?" Ophelia asks.

"Yes. Yes, Natty. What about Natty?" Dean asks.

"Um..." Sam looks down, quietly clearing his throat.

"Where's Aunt Natty?" Ophelia asks.

"Honey, she... she didn't make it." Sam quietly says.

"What?" Ophelia asks, tears springing to her eyes.

"No. No, no, no." Dean whispers, feeling tears prick his eyes.

"I'm sorry, sweetie. She... she died." Sam says, his voice cracking as he winces as if he's in pain. In a way, he is.

"But... no." Ophelia whines, starting to cry.

"I know. I-I know, honey. I'm sorry." Sam scoots closer and hugs her with one arm, keeping Libby in his other. Ophelia ignores the pain from her concussion as she sobs into her uncle's chest.

"No." Dean rushes out and follows the signs until he gets to the morgue. He looks through the window and his heart drops as he sees a doctor standing by Natalie's body, only her head showing as the doctor writes on a clipboard.

"Oh, God." Dean whispers in horror, running his hand through his short hair. "Fucking damn it. No." He growls. "God, it should've at least been me. Fuck."

~ ~ ~

Dean gets back to Ophelia's hospital room and Sam is still there, Ophelia a little calmer, though she's still sniffling.

"Your father's awake." The doctor announces as he walks in. "You can go see him if you like."

Sam nods.

"Okay, uh... you two stay here, all right?" Sam tells the girls, putting Libby next to Ophelia.

"Why?" Ophelia asks.

"No, daddy." Libby whines, gripping onto her dad's jacket.

"I know, baby. But-- but I don't want you around your grandpa, okay? Neither of you." Sam says. "It'll be okay. Just... just stay in here, stay in bed, and-and watch TV, all right? I'll be back before you know it."

"Okay." Ophelia nods.

"I'll see you in a bit, baby girl. I promise." Sam says, kissing Libby on the forehead. He gently pries her hands off his jacket, giving her another kiss but to her cheek.

"I'll be back soon." He promises. Libby pouts but nods. Sam kisses Ophelia on the forehead before walking out and finds the doctor a few doors down.

"Doc, what about my brother?" Sam asks.

"Well, he sustained serious injury -- blood loss, contusions to his liver and kidney. But it's the head trauma I'm worried about. There's early signs of cerebral edema."

"Well, what can we do?"

"Well, we won't know his full condition until he wakes up. If he wakes up."

"If?"

"Oh, screw you, doc, I'm waking up." Dean sneers.

"I have to be honest, most people with this degree of injury wouldn't have survived this long. He's fighting very hard. But you need to have realistic expectations." The doctor says.

"Come on, Sam. Go find some hoodoo priest to lay some mojo on me."

"And, uh... have you told my dad about my-my sister yet?" Sam asks.

"No. Do you want to or would you like us to?" The doctor asks.

"No, no, I-- I'll do it." Sam says.

~ ~ ~

"Here. Give them my insurance." John gives Sam a card.

"Elroy McGillicutty?" Sam asks.

"So, what else did the doctor say about Dean?" John asks.

"Nothing. But, uh... but Natalie, um..." Sam looks down. "She... she's gone." His voice cracks. "They... they lost her. She-- she didn't even make it to the hospital." Sam says, ignoring the sting of tears in his eyes.

"I'm sorry." John says. Dean scoffs in disbelief at his father's lack of caring. Sam looks up at him, a range of emotions passing through him at the lack of emotion in John's tone and on his face.

"You really don't care. You couldn't care less if she was dead or not." Sam says.

"Sam--"

"I mean, why should I be surprised? You left her for dead with those vamps. I bet you're fucking celebrating on the inside." Sam sneers.

"Look, let's focus on Dean. We haven't lost him yet." John says.

"Unbelievable." Sam mutters, rolling his eyes.

"Sam..." John says.

"Oh, and, um, your granddaughters are fine. Thanks for asking. You know, since you care about them just as much as you do Natty." Sam says.

"Focus on Dean." John says and Sam rolls his eyes.

"Well, if the doctors won't do anything, then we'll have to, that's all." Sam says. "I don't know, I'll find some hoodoo priest and lay some mojo on him. Try to see if he can do anything for Natty."

"We'll look for someone." John assures.

"Yeah." Sam mutters.

"But, Sam, I don't know if we're gonna find anyone."

"Why not? I found that faith healer before."

"All right, that was-- that was one in a million."

"So what? Do we just sit here with our thumbs up our ass?"

"No, I said we'd look. All right? I'll check under every stone." John states.

"For something for Dean and Natty." Sam states.

"And Natalie." John says. "Where's the colt?"

"Your son is dying, your daughter is dead, and you're worried about the colt?" Sam angrily questions.

"We're hunting this demon, and maybe it's hunting us, too. That gun may be our only card." John says.

"It's in the trunk. They dragged the car to a yard off of I-83." Sam says.

"All right. You've gotta clean out that trunk before some junk man sees what's inside." John says.

"I already called Bobby. He's like an hour out, he's gonna tow the Impala back to his place."

"All right. You-you go meet up with Bobby, you get that colt, and you bring it back to me. And you watch out for hospital security." John says and Sam gets up to leave. "Hey. Here. I made a list of things I need, have Bobby pick them up for me."

Sam takes the piece of paper from John and skims it.

"Acacia? Oil of Abramelin? What's this stuff for?" Sam asks.

"Protection."

"Hey, dad? You know, the demon, he said he had plans for me... and the children like me, including Libby. Do you have any idea what he meant by that?"

"No, I don't."

Sam leaves and shuts the door behind him.

"Well, you sure know something." Dean mumbles.

+++

Dean is in Ophelia's hospital room, watching over the girls, even though he wouldn't exactly be able to do anything if anything did happen.

Dean focuses on the random Hallmark movie playing on the TV, it being the only thing Ophelia could find. He looks over when he notices movement in the corner of his eyes. Libby is asleep while Ophelia is getting up.

"Ophi, no." Dean says as she gets out of the bed. She lets out a small whimper when she puts pressure on her sprained ankle.

Dean follows Ophelia as she manages to find his hospital room. Ophelia frowns, tears pricking her eyes when she sees the tubes in her dad.

"Daddy?" Ophelia gently pokes his arm, even though she knows that won't wake him up.

"Unfortunately, not that easy, baby." Dean sighs, sitting on the edge of the bed. "I'll wake up for you, I promise."

"I'm sorry, daddy." Ophelia says, holding his hand. "I... I should've told you about the psychic thing a while ago. Probably when Missouri told me about it. I was just scared you'd hate me."

"Baby..." Dean frowns.

"And you're always scared of Sammy's dream thingy. I just wanted you to still love me. Aunt Natty said that you'd understand and wouldn't be mad, but... but I still wasn't sure."

"Wait, your aunt knows?" Dean asks.

"I'm just really sorry. And even if I'm still scared you don't like me anymore, I really want you to wake up. Especially if you don't hate me."

Ophelia leans up and kisses Dean's cheek.

+++

Sam storms into John's hospital room, tossing the bag down.

"You're quiet." John notes.

"Did you think I wouldn't find out?" Sam asks.

"What are you talking about?" John asks.

"That stuff from Bobby, you don't use it to ward off a demon, you use it to summon one. You're planning on bringing the demon here, aren't you? Having some stupid macho showdown?!"

"I have a plan, Sam."

"That's exactly my point! Dean is dying, Natalie is dead, and you have a plan! You know what, you care more about killing this demon than you do about your own damn children!"

"Do not tell me how I feel! I am doing this for Dean and Natalie."

"Oh, so now you're doing something for Natalie? Now!? Not when she gets kidnapped by vamps, but now? And, how? How is revenge going to help them? You're not thinking about anybody but yourself, it's the same selfish obsession!"

"You know, it's funny, I thought it was your obsession too! This demon killed your mother, killed your girlfriend, killed your sister's boyfriend, and now your sister. You begged me to be part of this hunt. Now if you'd killed that damn thing when you had the chance, none of this would have happened."

"It was possessing you, dad. I would have killed you too. Which doesn't seem too bad at the moment."

"Yeah, and your siblings might both be awake right now."

"Go to Hell."

"I should have never taken you along in the first place. I knew it was a mistake, I knew I was wrong--" They both turn when a glass of water is thrown off of the table and shatters on the floor.

They turn around when nurses and doctors rush down the hallway.

"Something's going on out there." John says, nodding for Sam to go find out what's happening.

+++

Sam is in the room with the girls. Libby is still asleep and Sam is sitting on the chair next to the bed, just wanting to stay with them for a few moments so they don't feel neglected or anything.

"Uncle Sammy?" Ophelia calls.

"Hmm?" He looks up at her.

"Do you hate me?" She asks.

"What? Of course not. Why would I hate you?" Sam asks.

"I... because I'm a psychic." Ophelia says.

"No. No, no way, honey. I would never hate you, no matter what you are or what you do." Sam assures.

"Are you sure?" Ophelia asks.

"Positive. I have powers, do you hate me?" Sam asks.

"No." Ophelia shakes her head.

"Exactly. Just because we're... extra special, doesn't mean that we should be hated." Sam says.

"So daddy won't hate me?" Ophelia asks.

"Ophi, your dad loves you more than anything else. He will never hate you. I promise." Sam says.

"Will he be mad?" Ophelia asks.

"He won't be mad you're psychic. There's a small chance that he could be mad that you didn't tell him sooner, but not too much. He'll be okay. You'll be okay. It'll be all right." Sam promises.

"It'd be better if Aunt Natty was still here." Ophelia mumbles.

"I agree." Sam sighs.

+++

Sam is standing in Dean's room.

"Dean, are you here?" He asks, looking around for any sign. "I couldn't find anything in the book. I don't know how to help you. But I'll keep trying, all right? As long as you keep fighting. I mean, come on, you can't... you can't leave me here alone with dad. We'll kill each other, you know that. I'm very close to actually killing him. And-- and you can't leave, Ophi, man. She needs you... she needs you more than anybody else."

"Dean, you gotta hold on. You can't go, man, not now. We were just starting to be brothers again. And you... you can't leave now, I... I just lost Natty, man. I lost my twin." Tears return to Sam's eyes. "I can't lose you too."

+++

"Look, I'm sure you've heard this before, but... you've gotta make an exception, you've gotta cut me a break." Dean tells Tessa.

"Stage three -- bargaining." She states.

"I'm serious. My family's in danger. See, we're kind of in the middle of this, um, war, and they need me." Dean says.

"The fight's over." Tessa says.

"No, it isn't." Dean argues.

"It is for you, Dean. You're not the first soldier I've plucked from the field. They all feel the same. They can't leave. Victory hangs in the balance. But they're wrong. The battle goes on without them."

"My brother. He could die without me. And he doesn't have our sister now either."

"Maybe he will. Maybe he won't. Nothing you can do about it. It's an honorable death. A warrior's death."

"I think I'll pass on the 72 virgins, thanks. I'm not that into prude chicks anyway."

"That's funny. You're very cute."

"There's no such thing as an honorable death. My corpse is going to rot in the ground and my family is going to die! No. I'm not going with you, I don't care what you do."

"Well, like you said. There's always a choice. I can't make you come with me. But you're not getting back in your body. And that's just facts. So, yes, you can stay. You'll stay here for years. Disembodied, scared, and over the decades, it'll probably drive you mad. Maybe you'll even get violent."

"What are you saying?"

"Dean. How do you think angry spirits are born? They can't let go and they can't move on. Why do you think Natalie isn't with you?" Tessa questions. "She was ready to go."

"No. No, she wouldn't leave me and Sam like that. She wouldn't leave Oph and Libby." Dean protests.

"She knew her dying would be easier than you having to hunt her years down the road." Tessa says. "And not taking the same route as her, you're about to become one. The same thing you hunt." Tessa states.

+++

John and the yellow eyed demon stand in the boiler room, two of the demon's minions standing by.

"It's very unseemly, making deals with devils. How do I know this isn't just another trick?" The demon asks.

"It's no trick. I will give you the colt and the bullet, but you've got to help Dean and Natalie. You've got to bring them back." John states.

"Why, John, you're a sentimentalist. If only your boys knew how much their daddy loved them. But Natty... you don't seem to care much about her. Hell, pretty sure you hate her. So why would you want her back?"

"So she can help Dean." John says. "I know he may not be able to do what I want him to alone, he'll need her. Just bring her back as part of the deal, all right? It's a good trade. You care a hell of a lot more about this gun than you do them."

"Don't be so sure. He killed some people very special to me. But, you are right, he's not much of a threat. And neither are your other children. You know the truth, right? About Sammy? And Libby? And the other children?"

"Yeah. I've known for a while." John says.

"But Sam doesn't, does he? You've been playing dumb." The demon says.

"Can you bring Dean and Natalie back? Yes or no?" John asks.

"No. But I know someone who can. It's not a problem." The demon assures.

"Good. Before I give you the gun, I'm going to want to make sure that they're okay. With my own eyes."

"Oh, John, I'm offended. Don't you trust me?" The demon asks and John shakes his head. "Fine."

"So we have a deal?"

"No, John, not yet. You still need to sweeten the pot."

"With what?"

"There's something else I want as much as that gun. Maybe more. Besides, two for two is only fair."

+++

Natalie shoots up with a gasp, the sheet falling off of the top half of her body. She looks around the morgue, looking down at the cold silver table she's on.

The doors open, a doctor walking in. He looks up from the clipboard he's holding and freezes at the sight of Natalie alive.

The doctor screams which only makes Natalie scream back. She looks down, realizing her breasts are out in the open and quickly holds the sheet up to cover them before she resumes screaming.

A few more doctors and nurses rush in, eyes all going wide at Natalie's state. One even faints.

+++

Natalie is sitting in a hospital bed and now dressed in hospital clothes, blue pants and a white long sleeve shirt. She's resting back against the pillows, her arms crossed over her chest.

"I can't explain it. It... must be some sort of freak miracle." The doctor says, looking at a clipboard. "I mean, not only are you alive, but none of your internal injuries are present. Everything's healed. You got something looking out for you... in some sort of way."

"Yeah, I'm sure." Natalie mumbles, trying to think of what could bring her back.

"You're very lucky." The doctor says.

"Thanks." Natalie mutters as the man walks out. She looks down at her pudding cup, taking a bite. She looks over at hurried footsteps and watches Sam have to catch himself from falling by holding on to the door.

"Holy, shit." Sam breathes out.

"Miss me?" Natalie asks with a sheepish smile.

"Oh, my God." Sam rushes over, engulfing her in a tight hug. He holds her as close to him as he can, one hand cradling her head to his chest. He keeps her in his hold for a few minutes before eventually pulling away.

"You're... you're alive." Sam chuckles. He pats her head and face and arms as if to confirm she's real.

"Yeah. Yep. Breathing, beating heart, the whole nine." Natalie says.

"I love you so much. You are my favorite sister." Sam declares, hugging her again.

"I'm your only sister." Natalie frowns.

"Yeah, and favorite." Sam says.

"Not as meaningful when I have zero competition, but, okay." Natalie mumbles. Sam lets go of her and kneels next to her bed, keeping a hand on her arm gently.

"Do you... I don't know, did anything happen while you-- while you were, you know..." Sam trails off.

"Dead?" Natalie asks.

"Yeah." Sam sadly nods.

"No. I... last thing I remember is passing out in the cabin and then... I wake up in the morgue. Those tables are super cold when you're naked, FYI." Natalie says and Sam can't stop the small laugh that escapes him. "No idea what brought me back or-or anything."

"God, who cares right now. I'm just happy you're back." Sam says, hugging her back. His arms wrap around her middle, his face nestling into her shoulder.

Natalie softly smiles and she hugs him back, her chin resting on his shoulder.

"I love you, too." She tells him, gently patting the back of his head. They pull away after a bit, Sam's eyes teary. "I'm okay. Can't keep me away that easily." She cockily smiles.

"Yeah. Yeah." Sam nods, wiping his eyes.

"Pudding?" Natalie holds the cup out to him and Sam lets out a weak laugh.

"No. No, you... you can finish it. All yours." Sam pushes her hand away.

"How's everybody else? How are you?" Natalie asks.

"I'm-- Libby and I are fine. Just some scratches and bruises. Nothing super major. Uh, Ophi... concussion, sprained ankle, broken arm. Dean, um... Dean's a long story."

"Long story?" Natalie asks.

"He's okay now. It just... it's... I don't really know right now. We'll explain later." Sam says. "You wanna see the girls?"

"That's the stupidest question you have ever asked." Natalie says making Sam chuckle.

Sam helps her out of bed and holds onto her hand, leading her to Ophelia's room.

"Uh... let me go in first. Try to, um..."

"Try to explain how their aunt is back from the dead?" Natalie asks.

"Yeah." Sam nods.

"Yeah." Natalie nods, staying back while Sam goes into the room.

"Hey, munchkins." Sam softly greets. "So, um... you, uh, you know how... how sometimes, things come back? Usually as monsters?"

"Yeah." Ophelia nods.

"Well, um... you know how I said that-- that Aunt Natty was... was in Heaven with-with Libby's mom?" Sam asks and both girls nod.

"I want Aunt Natty." Libby whines.

"Well, um... you can have her." Sam says. Ophelia's nose scrunches in confusion, her eyes widening when Natalie walks in.

"Hey, sweet girls." Natalie softly smiles, walking closer.

"Is... is she a ghost? Or-or a zombie?" Ophelia asks.

"No. No, no, no she-- she's just Natty. She's your usual, favorite Natty." Sam assures.

"Aunt Natty!" Libby squeals, standing on the bed. She jumps towards Natalie, the twins each having a mini heart attack before Natalie catches her.

"Oh. Okay. I'm excited to see you, too, but no more jumping off of beds." Natalie says as Libby giggles.

"Daddy said you with mommy." Libby frowns.

"Well, now I'm with you guys." Natalie says.

"I thought we couldn't visit mommy." Libby says, confused.

"Well, um... you can't. It-- I wasn't with your mommy. Never saw her." Natalie says.

"Oh." Libby frowns. "So then where were you?"

"I, uh... I was just taking a really long nap." Natalie says. Libby smiles, tightly hugging her aunt again and Natalie kisses her on the head.

"Ophi?" Natalie walks closer.

"You're actually alive?" Ophelia whispers in shock.

"Yeah, baby. I'm here." Natalie softly smiles. Ophelia gets up as quickly as she can without hurting herself and she tightly hugs her aunt.

Natalie wraps one arm around her, kissing her on the head and smoothing some of the girl's hair down.

"I'm okay. I'm right here." Natalie softly reassures.

"Excuse me." They turn to the doctor. "Your brother's awake. You can see him now."

"Daddy!" Ophelia cheers.

They go to Dean's hospital room, Ophelia ignoring her sprained ankle as she rushes for Dean.

"Daddy!" Ophelia cheers.

"Hey, sweetheart." Dean smiles.

Sam lifts Ophelia onto the bed and she hugs Dean.

"Oh, I missed you so much." Dean says, hugging her back as tightly as he can.

"I missed you, too. I thought you were gonna die." Ophelia whispers, feeling tears sting her eyes again.

"Nah, don't worry. You can't get rid of me that easily." Dean says, kissing her on the head.

"We're sure you're my twin, right?" Sam whispers to Natalie.

"You're hilarious." Natalie remarks and Sam chuckles.

"Deanie!" Libby squirms in Natalie's arms until she puts her on Dean's bed.

"Ah, favorite toddler." Dean smiles as Libby hugs him. "Man, why aren't you two this happy to see me all the time?" He asks his siblings.

"Cause you piss us off more." Natalie smirks. She leans down, kissing him on the cheek. "But at least you're alive." She pats him on the head.

~ ~ ~

"I can't explain it. The edema's vanished. The internal contusions are healed. Your vitals are good. You have some kind of angel watching over you. You, your sister, and your sister both." The doctor tells Dean. Ophelia is sitting and cuddled into her dad's side. Sam and Natalie are standing up and Sam is holding Libby.

"Thanks, doc." Dean says and the doctor leaves. "Sister?" He looks at Natalie. He was already briefed on Ophelia's injuries.

"Ah, yes, um..." Natalie covers Libby's ears. "I had some time in the afterlife."

"What?!"

"Oh, hmm, yeah. I died." Natalie smiles. "But I'm alive now, so... huh?" She grins.

"You didn't mention that part with her." Dean looks at his brother.

"I was getting there." Sam says. "It's still a little hard to put her name and... and the 'D' word in the same sentence." He says.

"He means "dead."" Natalie comments.

"I know what he means, Natty." Dean rolls his eyes. "But, despite just being informed, I'm glad you're alive."

"Wow. You rank last on the happy scale." Natalie says. "Well, actually, second to last. I'm sure dad won't even notice." She says before uncovering Libby's ears.

"So you said a reaper was after me?" Dean asks.

"What, I only get two minutes of attention? Really? After what happened? How rude." Natalie says.

Libby makes grabby hands for her aunt who takes her.

"I always knew I liked you better than your dad." Natalie says, taking her niece who giggles.

"Hilarious." Sam rolls his eyes. "And, yeah." Sam answers Dean.

"How'd I ditch it?" Dean asks.

"You got me." Sam shrugs. "Dean, you really don't remember anything?"

"No. Except this pit in my stomach. Guys, something's wrong." Dean says.

There's a knock on the door, the three turning to find John.

"How you feeling, dude?" John asks.

"Fine, I guess. I'm alive." Dean says.

"Natalie?" John looks at her.

"Alive." She says. "Not that you care."

"That's what matters." John says.

"Is he sick?" She quietly asks her brothers.

"Where were you last night?" Sam angrily asks.

"I had some things to take care of." John says.

"Well, that's specific." Sam comments.

"Come on, Sam." Dean sighs, too tired to deal with everything. And he doesn't want to put Ophelia or Libby through another fight.

"Did you go after the demon?" Sam asks.

"No." John answers.

"You know, why don't I believe you right now?" Sam asks.

"Can we not fight?" John asks. "You know, half the time we're fighting, I don't know what we're fighting about. We're just butting heads. Sammy, I-I've made some mistakes."

"That's understatement of the year." Natalie mumbles.

"But I've always done the best I could. I just don't want to fight anymore, okay?" John says.

"The fuck is he talking about?" Natalie whispers.

"Dad, are you all right?" Sam asks, confusion showing on his face.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm just a little tired." John tells him. "Hey, son, would you, uh, would you mind getting me a cup of caffeine?" He asks Sam.

"Yeah. Yeah, sure." Sam says.

John gives Dean a look.

"Uh, Sammy... take-take O." Dean says.

"No, but I wanna stay with you, daddy." Ophelia whines.

"I'll see you in a bit. Promise. Just wanna talk to grandpa." Dean says.

"Talk, right? Which means no fists?" Ophelia worriedly asks.

"Just talk." Dean assures, kissing her on the head.

"C'mon, Oph." Sam picks her up, carrying her out and Natalie follows him.

"That was beyond weird, right?" Natalie asks.

"Yeah." Sam nods.

"What is it?" Dean asks.

"You know, when you were a kid, you'd come home from a hunt, and after what I'd seen, I'd be... I'd be wrecked. And you... you'd come up to me and you-- you'd put your hand on my shoulder and you'd look me in the eye and you'd... you'd say "It's okay, dad." Dean, I'm sorry."

"What?" Dean asks.

"You shouldn't have had to say that to me. I should have been saying that to you. You know, I put too much on your shoulders, I made you grow up too fast. You took care of Sammy and Natalie, you took care of me. You did that, and you didn't complain, not once. I just want you to know that I am so proud of you."

"This really you talking?"

"Yeah. Yeah, it's really me."

"Why are you saying this stuff?"

John moves closer, putting a hand on Dean's shoulder.

"I want you to watch out for Sammy, okay? And Libby." John says.

"Yeah, dad, you know I will. Also Natty and Oph. You're scaring me." Dean says.

"Don't be scared, Dean." John says.

"You gotta save 'em, Dean. But if-- if you can't save them... you might have to kill 'em." John says.

"What?" Dean asks.

"Just... you might have to. That's all. And you might have to kill Ophelia with... with that whole psychic thing. If she goes bad." John says.

"She's a good kid. She's not going bad." Dean says, glaring at his father.

"I know. I know. But... but she still could." John says. "So, just... be prepared to have to kill the three of them. That's why Natalie's okay. To help you. In case you don't have the guts."

"Dad... we're not gonna kill our brother. I'm not killing my daughter, or letting anybody else kill her. Nat won't let that happen, either. And we're not killing Libby. You want us to kill a fucking three year old? A six year old?"

"I didn't say I want you to. I said you might have to." John says. "There's a difference." Dean scoffs. "You can't tell any of them this. You can't."

"Why not?"

"Just, please, Dean... don't. Don't tell them. Don't let Natalie know until the time might come. Especially cause we know she'll tell Sam no matter how much I plead her not to. Just... just keep your mouth shut and wait for the time to come. If it comes."

Dean clenches his jaw, squeezing his eyes shut as he shakes his head.

~ ~ ~

Sam and Natalie walk through the hospital, Sam holding Ophelia and Natalie holding Libby. They pass a room, stopping when they see John on the floor.

"Dad?!" Sam calls. He drops the coffee and puts Ophelia down, rushing into the room and kneeling next to John. "Help!" He screams.

Natalie grabs Ophelia, dragging her closer and she hides Libby's face in her shoulder. Natalie wraps an arm around Ophelia who tightly hugs her.

Soon, nurses and doctors get there, moving Sam away, and they crowd around John as they try to bring him back. Dean got there a few moments after and is standing in the doorway with Sam.

"No, no, no, it's our dad. It's our dad!" Dean tells the nurse who pushes the two out. "Come on."

"Okay, stop compressions." The doctor says after a few moments.

"Still no pulse." A nurse states.

"Okay, that's it, everybody. I'll call it. Time of death: 10:41 AM." The doctor announces.

=========================

We get Lissy and Jacob in the next chapter!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 2.9K 86
[ supernatural -- seasons 1-5 ] Miranda Carpenter Series: Gorgeous Sparks Fly Falling Like the Stars Say You Won't Let Go I DO NOT own Supernatural...
54.3K 2.3K 101
[ supernatural -- seasons 9-15 ] Larissa Brewster Series: Habits Iris I DO NOT own Supernatural, any of the show's characters or storylines. I ONLY o...
17K 354 20
Dean rescues 5 year old Hayden from her abusive family and takes her under his wing. After recruiting his brother, Sam to find their father, the two...
13.9K 857 112
[ supernatural -- seasons 11-15 ] Second Crossover Series: Someone to You Not Strong Enough I Know the End I DO NOT own Supernatural, any of the show...