Infinity | B. Barnes

By legoellis

Y/n's life was turned upside down when she was taken hostage by HYDRA. After almost a year in captivity, and... More

Playlist
The breakout
Undercover in Lagos
The Sokovia Accords
The Winter Soldier
Caught red handed
Ready to comply?
Antman?
Everyone's got a gimmick now
Division
Betrayal
Divided we fall
The rescue
I just feel you
It's not hopeless
You are free
Home
In the name of love
The Endgame
The aftermath
A moment of normality
Androids, aliens and wizards
The white wolf
Caps wingmen
Couples therapy
Baron Zemo
Midnight
The party
The Lab
Turkish delight
Looking strong, John!
The whole world is watching
You shouldnt have done that
Justice
Peace
The beginning of the end
You had one job
Captain America
Peace

Thanos?

735 26 7
By legoellis

Y/n was rudely awoken by her phone at a ridiculous time, 5:36 am is too early for anyone to be calling her.

She groaned loudly, annoyed that she had to wake up and see who was calling her. Whoever it was was about to get an earful from her. She was not a morning person. It took her about an hour to actually wake up.

Y/n rolled over and tossed her hand onto the table next to her bed. Her hand landed on her phone and she lifted it up to her face. She squinted for a moment when the bright screen illuminated the dark room, a name appearing on the screen, Steve.

Y/n was going to kill him. Why was he calling at this time? She reluctantly sat up and answered the phone.

"Hello?" She spoke into it, her voice groggy from sleep.

"Y/n, hey." Steve's voice came over the speaker

"What's up? There better be a good reason for waking me up at this hour." She stated

"There is. We have a problem." Steve said, his voice sounded serious and grim.

Y/n felt herself grow more alert. "What's wrong?"

"Well...it's a long story. I'll explain later. Right now I need you to get ready."

"Get ready for what?" She asked in confusion

"I'm coming to get you. I need you for a mission, vision is in danger and we have to find him." Steve stated

"What? Why? What's happening Steve?" She said quickly, feeling concerned for her friend

"There's a...well...an alien wants the mind stone from his head to destroy half the universe." Steve said awkwardly, not sure how to describe what has been going on

"I'm sorry what? Alright? When should I expect you to be here?" She asked, deciding that she can ask him questions later.

"30 minutes tops." Steve stated

"Alright. I'll be ready. You better explain to me what's going on though." She said

"I will. see you soon." Steve said before he hung up the phone

Y/n sighed, running a hand down her face, she reluctantly got up and out of her bed. Dragging her feet across the floor to the bathroom to try and get ready.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n trudged down the familiar grassy hill, her backpack slung over her shoulder and donned in her tactical suit.

She saw the back of Bucky, he was sitting on the shore facing out towards the water. He looked peaceful, and she was not wanting to break his peaceful moment.

Bucky turned his head around look at her once he heard her footsteps on the sand, though the smile that he wore dropped quickly at the sight of her attire.

He stood up and quickly approached her. "What's going on?" He asked in concern

Y/n sighed slightly, feeling awful for having to leave him. "Steve called. I have to go on a mission."

"What mission?" He asked her

"I have to find vision, apparently there's an alien after him who wants to destroy half the universe." She told him

Bucky's face contorted in confusion before his expression was replaced with a frown again. "How long will you be gone?...are you coming back?" His voice was hesitant

"Of course I am. I don't know how long I'll be, it could be a week or longer." She stated with a kind tone in her voice, trying to reassure him that she would come back to him.

Bucky nodded and looked off to the side, trying to hide that this was affecting him. His eyes betrayed him. He didn't want to be left alone, he didn't want her to leave.

Y/n furrowed her eyebrows and placed her hand on Bucky's shoulder, she ran her hand down the length of his arm and settled on his hand. Giving it a tight squeeze.

"It'll be ok Buck. I'll be back." She said reassuringly. If she was being honest, she didn't want to leave him either.

"Promise me you'll be safe, you'll be ok." He asked her, his voice thick with worry

"I promise. I will come back." She stated firmly.

Bucky squeezed her hand back before he released her hand and stepped forward, wrapping his arm around her waist and pulling her into him.

Y/n quickly reciprocated the embrace. Wrapping her arms tightly around his shoulders and burying her head into the junction between his shoulder and his neck.

They stayed like that for a moment, before they reluctantly let go of each other. They had been with each other for 2 years now, it felt wrong to be separated.

Y/n gave him a reassuring smile. "I have to go. But I'll be back, I promise." She stated

Bucky gave her a nod and mustered up a small smile. "Be careful." He stated

"I will." She said before she turned and began walking back up the hill to meet Steve. Y/n turned her head and saw Bucky watching her ascend. He had a worried and sad look on his face that tugged at her heart.

She turned her head back around and continued to walk. She was worried that if she looked back for too long she might not be able to leave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The engines of the Quinjet roared as they landed on the empty runway, the noise piercing her eardrums. Though the familiar sound brought a small amount of comfort to her.

The ramp to the Quinjet lowered and three people descended from the ramp. Steve, Nat and Sam.

A smile broke out on y/n's face upon seeing her friends, she had missed them greatly in her time spent here. Steve stepped off the ramp and walked towards her first, embracing her in a hug.

"Good to see you, y/n," Steve said happily, letting go of her

"It's good to see you too," Y/n stated, a wide smile still donning her face.

Another set of arms wrapped around her, pulling her into another embrace. Natasha held onto her tightly.

Y/n and Nat separated and y/n turned to give a hug to Sam. "How are you?" Sam asked her

"I'm good, you?" She asked back, releasing him from her embrace

"I'm good too." He replied.

"Ready to go?" Steve interjected

"Yeah." Y/n nodded, trying to assure herself that she was ready. She hadn't been on a mission for 2 years. Not since the fight at the airport, and to say that she was nervous was an understatement.

The four of them made their way back up into the Quinjet and took off. Y/n watched out the window as Wakanda shrunk in the distance. She felt her chest squeeze, she had been there for so long, and the further away she went from the country, the further away from Bucky she would be.

Steve's voice snapped her out of her thoughts. "How's Bucky?"

"He's...good, Better. He's free from HYDRA and has finally been able to have some peace." she said, not sure how to articulate how Bucky was. He was doing better, but 70 years of being tortured will take a large toll on anyone.

"So...Steve told us that you and Bucky have gotten...close," Sam said, a teasing tone in his voice

"Well, yeah. I mean we're pretty good friends now." She said, faking confusion because she knew where he was trying to go with this conversation.

The three avengers gave her a disbelieving and amused look, Sam snorted at her answer

"What?" She said incredously.

"What do you mean? "What?" It's obvious that that's not true." Sam said in amusement

"What do you mean that it's not true? Of course I'm friends with Bucky?" She asked in confusion.

"Alright come on Sam, leave her be" Steve said with an amused tone.

"I just didn't think you had a thing for older guys." Sam muttered under his breath.

Y/n leaned over and jokingly smacked him on the arm. "Hey! Come on, it's not like that." Y/n stated

"Sure it's not." Sam said, a wide smile on his face.

"I think Sam might be right, y/n. You're blushing." Nat joined in, laughing at her flustered expression.

"I am not." She said while trying to hide her face from her friends.

The group of hero's erupted into laughter, y/n couldn't help but join them.

"It's ok, y/n. I think it's great. Bucks a great guy." Steve said, a hint of joking in his tone

"Not you too Steve." She said as she slid down her chair with her hands over her face.

She had to admit that yes, maybe she did have some feelings for Bucky. Yes he is extremely attractive, and kind, and funny....but that didn't mean anything serious, right?

Ok, maybe she really did like Bucky. But she wasn't about to tell her friends that.

"Come on guys, please." She pleaded with them to stop.

"Ok, ok well stop." Sam said, though she didn't think that he fully meant it.

"Thank you." Y/n said before she shuffled back up to sit properly in her chair, opting to stare out the window and try her hardest to not think about Bucky.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n was crouched behind a pillar at Edinburgh Waverley train station. Vision and Wanda had been staying at Edinburgh together for a while, the both of them had gone on the run together.

Y/n could hear the noise of glass breaking and two pairs of feet landing heavily on the ground of the station. Apparently some of Thanos's "children" had found them and were trying to take the stone from vision.

Steve had filled y/n in one everything that had happened, with Bruce calling him after falling from the sky, Thors brother Loki being killed for the tesseract and Thanos's plan.

Y/n had fought many different people in her years of being an avenger, she thought the weirdest was going to be fighting Ultron, but no. Apparently the world still had to go throw aliens in the mix too. Not that she was too surprised after the events that happened in New York. And that her friend, Thor, was from a different planet too.

Y/n then heard a train pulling into the station, that was Steve's queue. She readied herself to jump in after him.

Y/n peaked round the corner from where she was crouching and saw Sam swoop in and kick one of the aliens through the window of a coffee shop.

Sam then shot at the other alien. Steve threw a spear at him and Nat slid in and caught it, ramming it through the aliens stomach.

The other alien, the woman, who Sam had thrown through the window jumped over to them. She got her spear back and raised it at Nat. But Steve managed to stop it.

He struggled to hold the spear back, the female alien was strong and she was somehow taller than Steve. So y/n took this as her chance to step in.

She ran out from behind the pillar and raised her hand, throwing the female alien backwards again. However, she quickly sprung back up on her feet and engaged Steve and Nat again.

Y/n noticed sam coming from above, so to make it easier for him, she lifted the woman upwards and sam flew forward and rammed into her again. Sending her flying over to her companion.

She crouched down protectively in front of him and growled at them. Sam held two guns at them and y/n raised her hand.

The female alien shook her friend. "Get up."

"I cant." He Said

"We don't want to kill you, but we will." Nat said to them

"You'll never get the chance again." The female alien said. She pressed something on her wrist and a blue light appeared around her and her friend, pulling them upwards and out of the station. They were taken into a donut shaped spaceship that disappeared into the night sky.

Y/n, Steve, Sam and Nat all turned and began making their way towards Wanda and Vision. Vision was sitting against a railing on the floor of the station.

"Can you stand?" Sam asked him as he offered him his hand.

Vision managed to get up on his feet with help from Sam and Wanda, the two of them supporting him on both sides.

He didn't look too good, he kept flashing yellow. Like his system was glitching.

"Thank you, captain." Vision said, he was slightly out of breath

Steve nodded to him lightly. "Let's get you on the jet."

The group of avengers then Made their way back through the station and up the Taxi ramp where they had parked the Quinjet.

They all got on and took off, leaving Edinburgh station in a bit of a state. The ramp closed while they were taking off. Giving them a beautiful view of Edinburgh castle before the ramp closed with a thud.

"Now, I thought we had a deal. Stay close, check in, don't take any chances." Nat said to Wanda

"I'm sorry. We just wanted time." Wanda said from next to vision.

"Where to cap?" Sam asked from the pilot's seat.

"Home." Steve said.

Y/n felt a rush of joy and happiness enter her, home. She didn't think she would ever get to go back there. After everything that happened two years ago and being on the run. Though she knew that they wouldn't be able to stay long, she would make the most of what she could get.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

310K 7.4K 47
When Y/n moves into Avengers Tower on the same day as Steve's best friend, you and Bucky become fast friends. Looking at Bucky you want something mor...
46.3K 1.8K 41
"For only a fraction of a second she felt that their hearts were beating in the same rhythm - the world around them seemed to be frozen again." She m...
5.6K 119 29
⚠️ This following story contains - Mature Content, Miscarriage, Mentions of Domestic Abuse, Alcohol Consumption and Traumatic Child Birth. If this i...
1.5M 19.2K 180
‼️The story is in 2 parts, Enjoy!! Self-insert‼️ You are a former Black Widow who has been in hiding for years. You have made amends and have dealt w...