looking for the magic. // Jim...

By alias_b

TW: Smut. Dark Themes. Abuse. Flawed characters. ** Nothing ever happens in Hawkins. Jim Hopper told himself... More

000 ♕ Introduction Summary ༄
001 ♕ Thread Count ༄
002 ♕ Pomegranate Juice ༄
003 ♕ Kaleidoscope Sirens ༄
004 ♕ Little Stamp Collection ༄
005 ♕ Bluebirds Fly ༄
006 ♕ Lights, Camera, Action ༄
007 ♕ Angel Of Music ༄
008 ♕ Pink Strawberry Cake ༄
009 ♕ A Very, Very, Very Fine House ༄
010 ♕ And Eve Was Weak ༄
011 ♕ A Tale Of Two Sisters ༄
012 ♕ An Affair To Remember ༄
013 ♕ Nearest Thing To Heaven ༄
015 ♕ Be My Baby ༄
016 ♕ My Forever Antagonist ༄
017 ♕ We'll Always Have Hawkins ༄
018 ♕ Thermodynamic Miracles ༄
019 ♕ Lucretia ༄
020 ♕ The Night We Met ༄
021 ♕ Becomes The Color ༄
022 ♕ Ave Maria ༄
023 ♕ Transverberation ༄
024 ♕ Phantom Pains ༄
025 ♕ Valley Of The Dolls ༄
026 ♕ And The Woman Clothed With The Sun ༄
027 ♕ Red Skies At Night ༄
028 ♕ Technically, Missing ༄
029 ♕ And so We Will All Be Together ༄

014 ♕ Paper Boats And Lovelace ༄

302 15 22
By alias_b

A/N: The timelines finally connect. Jim comes home to Hawkins in 1979. A hard consequence in 1982 changes Lucy. TW: Murder, vomiting, mentions of suicide. **Let me know if you're out there, thanks!! xx

** ** ** 

1979

Rain poured. Huge, glopping drops that splattered out. Lucy took a walk in it. Decided it was the perfect afternoon to get caught under a storm. Humming soft and sweet. Gone. Floating farther away from this reality.

A sleek rain coat, candied red, fitted taught along her frame. Shiny like plastic and so artificial. Heels clicked wet pavement under dark grey skies. A white umbrella with polka dots the same shade of red. She drenched the dull world in vibrant, bouncing colors. Blood in the streets.

Lucy imagined it flowing out from her. All directions. The hands of her experimental siblings dead and alive clawing out from sewer drains.

She continued to hum alone. Pretty siren. Murderess.

A child's helpless cry brought her down to Earth. Set her teeth on edge.

"No, wait! No!" Small rubber steps squeaking behind her. Lucy spun to see a little boy in a yellow raincoat that was too big on him. Racing down the side of the street to follow the water draining toward the sewer. Chasing a paper boat.

Lucy hurried to pluck it up before it could be washed away with nothing at the same time the boy skidded to fall into pavement. Her umbrella came down, quick steps to grasp his fragile, pale wrist and bring him up. The rain ruined her hair instantly. Splashed down her face to make the mascara bleed down by crimson lips.

"Are you alright, sweetheart?" She swept the mud from his clothes as he sniffled and tried to be braver through the pain. Ink black hair and snow white skin. A red tint across his puffed cheeks from the chase. Looked like a doll. Rain covered his little tears. He had to be about eight.

"I can't talk to strangers."

"You're very smart not to do so." Lucy stood and took a step back for good measure. Too still and eerie there. Plucked her umbrella up to close it. Head tilting without a blink. "What a lovely boat." She held it toward him. Scribbled on the side was S.S. Wheeler. "Would you like it back?"

A calm took her over with the rainfall. The little boy smelled vaguely of a bakery. Strawberry rhubarb pie. Frightened of a stranger with a red smile in the storm.

Lucy wondered if fear was a beautiful thing. It made us truly human. Reminded us that we were here and moral. Motivated us to be brave and push.

He nodded slower, eyes catching the light.

"You're Karen's son, aren't you? Mike." Lucy bent to offer the boat. "Be careful out here, you don't know what lurks underneath us."

"Nothing ever happens in Hawkins, lady."

"Maybe when we're not looking. Sometimes it's easier not to see." She let him take the craft back. "Just keep those eyes open."

"Thank you." He sniffled and wiped his cheek.

"Mike!" A young teen raced around the tall hedges. Stilling without a coat on like she'd rushed out of the house. "You were supposed to wait for me! Mom's going to be upset-...oh, sorry about my brother, Ms. Garland."

"Nancy. It's fine. He's alright. Tough kid." Lucy felt droplets seeping down her locks and into her jacket. Warm, humid rain with no chill in sight.

"Miss Garland, the witch?" Mike had whispered to his sister.

"Be quiet!" Nancy hissed. "Sorry."

"No, I get that a lot. It's an old house and I live alone in. And I don't leave it often." Lucy knelt to Mike. "Promise to be a good witch only. But, you can't tell anyone." A finger touched her lips and Mike gave a toothy grin. Mimicking the motion. "Tell Karen I said hello, Nancy. You look so much like her, more and more every day."

Nancy took her brother's hand.

"Thanks and thanks for helping him." She pressed her lips. "C'mon, Mike. My jeans are ruined."

"Bye, lady!" Mike waved his boat and hurried to keep up with his sister. Lucy tucked the umbrella under her arm and made her path home to change into another dress. Caught a red light blinking on her answering machine. Pressed the button as she clipped her stockings into place.

"Lucy, it's Beverly. You won't believe who I saw in town. Hopper. Jim Hopper. Your Jim. I know he was your friend."

Lucy dropped her boot, back snapping. Her Jim.

"He didn't look the same. Why would he after... I just thought you should know if you haven't heard from him. He looked bad. Maybe you can check on him. Said he was staying at the Motel Six."

Lucy was already out the door. Car revving to squeal off. It'd been over a year since she spoke to Jim. Months of sending letters and leaving voicemails. Trying to reach him and say how sorry she was and that she was here.

Little Sara passed away. Word was Diane left him not long after.

The neon sign blared in the muted distance as she pulled up in search of him or his car. Anything. She ended up bribing the host five bucks for the room number. Nineteen.

"Jim!" Knocks shook the door. Turned her knuckles red. "Jim Hopper!"

She almost smacked him mid pound when the door swung back. There he was. Thermal black shirt and jeans. Rumbled and scruffy. Hair a mess. Eyes sunken like he hadn't slept in years. Lungs swept for air. Hands crossed to press into her beating heart.

"Jim...I heard you were in town."

"Lucy." A smile crept over his glazed expression and he hugged her smelling of a bar's back alley.

And then the metal poured molten and bloody.

Jim buried his nose in Lucy's neck and pulled her into the room.

"Hi." She stood still like marble.

"Mm so happy to see you. I got all 'yur letters." Jim wobbled with her tight in his arms, urging her to hug back so she did.

"J-Jim." Lucy touched his arms. Figured she was barely keeping him upright. They swayed together, Lucy trying to catch his eyes. "How much have you had to drink?"

"I'm celebrating the new job. I'm back for good." He staggered around. She saw rows of bottles lined up. Mostly empty.

"New job."

"Hawkins Chief-o-Police, they practically begged me to take it." He opened some scotch and spilled it all over the dresser trying to pour. The room was covered in clothing, trash, and towels. "Have a drink with me. To celebrate."

"I really shouldn't."

"Why are you here?" Jim turned, leaning against the TV stand, some black and white flick played behind him. "You look pretty."

"I heard you'd come home and I wanted to see you. Jim, I'm so-"

"Why won't you have a drink with me, Luce?" He pushed a glass of brown liquid into her hands. Clicked their cups and downed his in one go.

There was this haze all around him like a silent specter in wait. Lucy tasted blood and felt it fill her mouth. Her stomach. Drowned.

"Why're ya crying?" Jim took her glass and drank it too. Wiped her cheek with a fumbling hand.

"I'm sorry, I don't mean to." She sniffled and hid her face. "I just missed you."

"I'm staying in this shitpile 'til I close on the new place." Jim changed the subject. Leaning on Lucy's shoulder with his big hand for support. "I'm right here, Lucy, don't cry."

"I tried to call."

"I know." He seemed sobered. The haze darkened around him. Festering. Blood bubbled and boiled over. It bled from the walls. Same way her mother sensed once. "I'm right here."

Jim couldn't see it. He couldn't see this pain and danger consuming him. But, Lucy could so she stayed right there. Static.

"I'm worried about you."

"Don't do that. I don't need to be fuckin' worried about." Jim's terse voice changed. "I think you should go." He turned to drink straight from the bottle. Every single drop. Lucy crushed her teeth in.

If she left this room, she would not see Jim Hopper again.

"I think I should stay." Lucy lifted a shaken hand and touched his rigid back. Jim shoved a pill into his mouth. Sniffled hard. "I'm staying, Jim, we don't have to talk."

"You know what I think, Luce?" Jim swerved toward her and stopped. A lump welled in his neck.

Lucy saw the expression change and shoved him toward the tiny bathroom. Jim barely made it to the toilet bowl before he was puking. Violent wretches that seized his entire body. Lucy crouched and held him in place, let him finish before he shoved her hard enough that she hit the floor. Shocked at him. Mouth open to gape. He pushed her. Pushed his friend away like he did with everyone.

And then Jim broke. Buried his face back into the bowl and sobbed. So hard that he puked some more. Lucy wet a towel to wipe his slack lips clean and Jim was gathering her back into his arms. Face stuck into the terry cloth between them.

"I'm sorry, Lucy." He squeaked out, slurring. "Sorry. 'M so sorry."

"Jim, I'm gonna stay." Was all she said which earned a nod. "C'mon, get undressed. Let's get you cleaned up." She pulled at his shirt. Helped him stand until he was clad in boxers. Ran the water warm and coaxed him to get under it. "Just wash up." She went out and trashed every bottle she found. Disposed of them in a nearby dumpster as the rain began to clear. Jim emerged and put on some fresh clothing she left.

"They had some sandwiches at the gas station across the way. Eat something and go to bed." Lucy waved the food in his face. "We don't have to talk. Just eat and lie down. I'm going to take this second load of garbage out... You're worse than a rock star, trashing hotel rooms."

She plucked up a black bag and Jim stood there. Sobering.

"Lucy." He waited until she turned. "I missed you too. I should have written back."

"You're here now." Lucy acknowledged softer. "We're together again. I have my friend back and I'm sorry." Lucy remembered those bright eyes and that toothy smile. The little baby full of life with parents who loved her so much.

Blue eyes cast somewhere else. All he could do was nod stiffly.

Anything else would have shattered him.

Lucy returned barely three minutes later to Jim snoring atop the covers with a paper wrapper clutched in his hand. Easing it out, she managed to cover him and took the couch. Curled up and stayed there switching TV channels until sleep took her too.

Jim rolled out of bed a few hours later. Dinner time. Lucy was balled up under her own jacket. Stocking clad toes sticking out from under the hem. Head pounding, Jim went to wash his mouth out. Downed two capsules.

"Luce." One finger drew some black strands aside. Lashes fluttered.

"Hmm, Jim?" Her eyes cracked. "Sorry, I dozed off. What time is it?"

"Just after six." He stuffed a hand into his pocket. "Thanks for...staying around."

"You were pretty out of it." Lucy stretched out.

"I, uh, start Monday. At the station. Should be moved in by then. Some trailer near the other side of the quarry." He exhaled. "I..."

"Yeah, I should..." Lucy reached for a pad and paper. "Let me give you my-"

"I still remember your number." Jim stopped her. "I'll give you mine when I'm settled into the new place." Lucy came to her feet, using his arm to stay steady and put her heels on. Jim touched her elbow. Let Lucy settle into his chest. No one had held him in months. Since Diane left.

"Jim, you take care of yourself." She murmured into his shirt, fingers bunching the fabric. "Please."

Too much loss had touched them both. More would come.

Hopper only held Lucy a little tighter in response.

** ** **

1982

Lucy knew she'd done the job well because they left her alone after the short debrief. A week of silence. Total and complete.

And it became maddening. So, she went to her friend one early morning. Blue Velvet sat in wait. A flutter of lights from the disco ball hit the dark windows. Gleeful and obscene. It set her nerves prickling on edge.

"Logan..." She hurried into the doors. He was always in first. Early to rise and prepare for the next day's intake of cash. "Logan!" She swept through velvet drapes. "You answer me this minute!" There were glittering chunks of confetti from the night before. Sweeping forth at her quick steps.

A creak. Up in the rafters.

Lucy closed her eyes. Never wanted to open them again.

She knew.

Logan had known too. He tried to prepare her.

Another lengthy creak like the swingset she and Mia used to play on when they were young and free.

Brown eyes lifted. The scream howled endless. A siren's blare. A warning to oncoming ships that she would come for fresh blood.

Logan Myers. Hanging limp and blue from a rope. Like his sister before him. The light played on his skin. Made him almost alive. Didn't revive enough. Lucy found herself pulling at his legs. Wanting to give him the dignity of lying him down to rest.

She just cried and wailed again. Swept everything off the bar. Glass shattered with her screams. Brenner did this. Logan must have blown his cover when the heat kicked up. For her and for Mia and for all those poor souls they saved or tried to.

All those goodbyes he gave her couldn't prepare Lucy for this. She howled at him. Distant echoes that bounced back and forth. He must have fought. Hard.

And he would be remembered for how he died. Being the last of his family. Lucy sucked every bit of fight back into her ribcage. Staggered out into the sunlight to a payphone. Covered her fingers with a cloth. Dialed.

"He's dead. Up at the Blue Velvet. Find him." She hung up and went to her car. Saw those pretty lights flare. Skidded to drive off. Another payphone far enough away.

"Dr. Brenner, speaking."

"Why?" Lucy cried into the receiver. "Why, him? You knew I loved him. He was the only person out here who knew all about me and he was mine. I was his too. You took my sole comfort in this hell and-!"

"Lucy. Our friend's side activities were too much to be ignored or forgiven. He's caused us a great deal of trouble and he was caught. There will always be consequences, you know this by now."

Beating hearts were all consequences to Martin Brenner. Rage flickered.

"You have me mopping up your strongest failures, Martin," Lucy spit through teeth, "but, I wonder...who will be left and able enough to take me down when my number's up too? I really wonder and I know you think of it too. I know it keeps you up at night."

"Lucy, I realize this is hard for you to accept. But, you will. You'll bury it somewhere nice. All that sorrow." He replied in his clinical way. "I'll take care of you. Why not come here today? We'll talk about this."

Talk. That's not what he meant.

Choke it down. Her voice calmed. She hadn't called his private line so this was being listened in on.

A laugh drew like the cackle of a mad clown. Or witch.

"And you still won't be able to bury your fucking sorrow in my pussy." Lucy hit the phone down so hard, it snapped. She broke the door too shoving out to get back into her car. Martin would steam on that vulgarity for awhile.

Logan was dead. Terry was gone. Her parents were gone. Mia was trapped. Jane was trapped. All because one man wanted to feel like God.

Lucy would play his game. Until her siren song drew him under dark waters into her arms. Until she could sink sharp teeth into his neck. Suck him dry and tear flesh from clean bone.

She tried to go home. Drove up to the quarry instead.

Knocked on Jim's trailer because she wanted to be more.

Tears ruined her makeup. He answered with this alert look upon seeing her expression. They hadn't spoken since that dinner. Since she tried to cut him out.

"Jim." Lucy came into his arms. Felt him tense up and grasp her elbows.

"Lucy, what happened?"

"I'm sorry." She pushed out. Gripping his shoulders. "I didn't know where to go. My friend...My close friend. We loved each other. And he...he died this morning. Suddenly. I should have been there. I didn't get to say goodbye." Lucy was in his chest again, inhaling. Crying too soft. "I just needed to tell someone and, fuck, Jim. Fuck. You're the first person I think about when I wake up, did you know that?"

Jim gave this sobering unreadable expression. Smelled bloody, but it went sour with shame.

Lucy searched him. Lips opened to tell him something close to the truth while his eyes averted.

"Hopper, I'm using the shower." A giggle pulled from down the hallway. Attached to a pretty pair of legs in Jim's flannel. Lucy dropped away from him. Stepped backward.

"Oh, you're..." She'd clearly interrupted something from last night. "Sorry."

"Luce, wait a second." Jim scrambled after her. "Your friend. Jesus . Wait, this isn't-"

"No, Jim, it's fine. We were never..." She pressed a tight smile at him. "I gotta go. I'm just emotional and...and stupid."

"Lucy, wait." He snatched her wrist and got shaken off. "Stop!" The unintentional shout had Lucy's hands pressed flat against her car door. She blinked and shook her head. Shared at her wide-eyed reflection there.

Realized that there was no unconditioning herself into something real Jim Hopper could possibly love.

"Can we talk about this?" He asked gentler. "Meet me at lunch. Can we just talk about it? I'm sorry. I am. About all of it."

"No, Jim, we can't." Lucy got into her car. Smacked the door shut on him. Ignored his hand on the glass.

She started the engine to drive as far away from Jim Hopper as she could.

Sawyer was the only one at Logan's funeral when that time came.

He held Lucy's hand. Confirmed what she knew about Logan and the things he hid from her out of love.

"You need anything, sugar, call this number. Me and the guys are hightailing it out. We were loyal to Logan." Sawyer kissed her cheek. "I know you loved him. I did too. I just wish I..."

His big eyes watered so he put sunglasses on.

"He trusted you, Sawyer. Stay safe out there." Lucy begged with one hand gripping his suit. "You should go. And thank you for everything."

"Remember what I told you. That night."

"I will. Promise."

Lucy had kissed Logan's pale, painted cheek. Closed the casket so he could finally rest well in a better place.

1981

Hawkins was a small town.

Which meant Lucy saw Jim Hopper often as the months became long years when he returned for good. He was a well put together mess. Grumpy then kind when he wanted to be. Uncaring of this job that required little of him. Sleeping around with women who stared daggers at him afterwards. Tuinal capsules leveled him into a handsome zombie with flesh and bone and not a care in sight. He never talked about Diane or Sara.

Only called Diane when he was drunk and missing her. She remarried. Moved on. It felt unfair for her to move on without him. While he was still hurting.

He called her less.

But, Jim saw Lucy more going about her day. Perfectly adjusted. Beautiful starlet. Something about Lucy Garland was gift wrapped in gold cellophane with a pretty, red velvet bow. The thought turned him on a little. Fuck.

These thoughts gnawed when he was trying to sleep. Lucy in all lace smiling at him and batting her lashes. Lovely lace , he dreamed. Lovelace. Sometimes he thought of her when he was with another. Maybe, that was wrong.

He started to pull her over in his police car. Just to talk. A friendly game. And then he saw her in bars more. Few drinks and a chat. He always took someone else home. Never asked if she did.

Lucy was the town witch. Little strange shut in. But, she was always there. Always there for him. Even his mother's funeral at the end of '79. She'd been the only person he told that he was a bit glad mom was gone. Because her mind had already left and he couldn't bear the thought of her asking about Sara still.

And Lucy just held him close. With her Beautiful by Estee Lauder perfume. Her expense lotions. Her mauve lips so full and pretty. Those dark, hooded eyes and their depths.

Gift wrapped. Lovelace.

Jim decided he liked to run into her. This person who knew him from before...before all of it. Before death and war.

This Lucy he was getting to know. This painted face. She was something new. Not the girl who idolized her sister and wanted to climb trees and go out partying, but never could. She'd grown up. Blossomed into a beauty. A peculiar beauty with secrets he observed, but never pried into.

How he thought about prying into the buttons of her blouse.

Jim cringed. He never thought about Lucy Garland this way. Their paths crossed and never joined. Never brought up her illness or the rumors of her brief mental break. Same way she left his past alone. They always did each other these courtesies.

He felt something within surge when she so much as looked in his direction. It bubbled in his heart. Spread. Burned as she touched his hand like he was a schoolboy again with a crush.

Hopper had a crush. On his friend. His oldest friend.

Lucy smiled and laughed at his jokes over her usual drink. The Hideaway bustled because it was almost a new year. Almost 1982. Jim wondered how many more he would make it through with his lifestyle.

But, it didn't matter when Lucy smiled at him. When he felt the same security enough to return it. He could be crass and apathetic, but not so much around her. There was a great deal of care in their relationship. Like they might be nursing each other back to health.

Her lips were moving.

"What?" He called over the festivities. A hand touched his arm.

"I can barely hear myself, want to go?"

"Before the ball drops?" He joked so she pushed at him. A playful gesture.

Lucy was up and paying her bill so Jim followed. Took the hand she offered to go through the crowds. Warmed. Snow was falling outside. Hawkins became alive with its celebration on this day. And still hushed just for them.

"That's so much better." Lucy ruffled her hair. "I have wine at my place, feel like a glass? Watch the ball drop there and the fireworks won't be as bad. I know you don't like them."

She thought of Jim without trying. Still had his hand.

"Really, I just want to bum a free ride." Lucy giggled again and looked back at him.

"Good thing I was looking to bum some free wine."

They rode together. Chattered over the radio. Lucy kicked her heels aside and his own shoes followed once they got in. Turned up the TV to the party in New York.

"You ever go to that? Looks magical. The city." She poured two glasses. Came around the island to offer his.

"Ah, wasn't for me." Jim thanked her.

"We should toast. To the New Year. May it be even better than the last."

Hopper looked at Lucy there sparkling. Decided it always was. They drank. Glasses set upon the high counter.

"You know, if you believe it, I usually hit the party at the Blue Velvet."

"Lucy Garland in a strip club?" Jim laughed openly about it. Blushed when he thought of her hips on that stage. Crawling and swaying slow to music and dancing lights. In all lace, of course. Lovely as can be.

"Ah, I know some people who work there. Good people. I promised my friend I'd hit the party next time." She didn't know that wouldn't come to pass. Funny, how we could be so blissful of a future despite fear it would come even still.

Time ticked.

"They're about to do the countdown." Lucy sounded giddy now. Cheeks all rosy. Peered up at Jim's softening expression as she set her elbow upon the island. "Shall we count with it, Jim?"

"Sure, Luce." He managed, watching her. Beautiful and happy next to him. Her lush perfume and hair bouncing in its style. Body almost leaning into him there as the television illuminated the room.

"Well?" Lucy turned, still beaming at him and Jim's fingers touched her jaw. Guided her lips into his because he couldn't stop the urge he'd had in his belly for months. A light teasing kiss. Testing the waters. Lucy gave a breathless sound into him, took his wrist. Barely came out to see those gorgeous blue eyes.

"Now, why'd you go and do a thing like that, Jim?" Her fingers were tracing into his knuckles.

"I..." A palm slid to grip her bicep.

"Do it again." Lucy let him come down. Captured her plump mouth fully.

Her arm dropped at the same time midnight hit. Sending the glasses and wine over into the sink. One shattered. Music lifted from the screen. Dreamy hopes and opulent visions of the new year flowed.

Jim was still kissing her. Feverishly. Coaxing her lips open. Tasting of white wine. Her fingers pulled for his flannel shirt.

"Wait." Lucy rushed up for air. Head shaking. Breathless. "What am I doing? We can't...We can't do that."

"Why not?" Jim blurted and she scoffed, pulling from him to pace.

"You can't just kiss me that way out of the blue," a finger poked his chest, "when I've wanted to kiss you since I was a teenager-"

Jim cupped her face. Kissed her even harder to make his point. Tongue and teeth. Nipping her bottom lip until she was pressing back into him.

"Let's go upstairs." Lucy hadn't been touched by a man since she cut Brenner off. Instantly, she swept him from her thoughts. Let Jim's hands explore.

Tipsy kisses with him all the way up the steps. Into her bedroom. Fireworks charged beyond the windows in the distance. Lucy got Jim's shirt off first.

Stopped to fold it. He thought it odd. A little cute too. And she kept doing it. Two piles until she had his jeans.

"Lucy, you don't have to..." Jim got her to drop the denim and pulled her body into his. The rest of their garments hit the floor. Lucy pressed flush into him. Traced his collarbone and kissed the hot skin there. They fell back into bed with lighter hearts. Rolling around.

She kept her arms down by her head. Almost afraid to touch him once they were in the plush covers. Jim kissed up her wrist and palm. Settled her hand on his shoulder. Encouraged her to grasp at him. She moaned as his lips lowered to her breasts. Hopper took his time to massage the tension from her bones. Let her suck on his fingers and explore his body in return.

"Jim." She whined at his big hands pulling her thighs apart. Kneading. "I want it. I want to feel you. I'm-ah! Birth control..." A deep rub sent her hips rutting up into his touch. "Fuck." Nails scratched Hopper's back. Burnt sugar poured to scorch her skin. Jim kissed her before he pushed inside. Held her there in total darkness and began to pump. Built a rhythm with her clinging to him.

It was pure sin how good she felt here. Every little whine and moan he pulled. Felt greedy to want more and more. Jim thought for a moment he'd never get enough of Lucy. She cried out when his hand lowered between their bodies. Teased her in a state until she begged. Coaxed an orgasm out. Drank her sigh down.

"Turn over." His low utter sent a thrill down her spine. Dripping still and clutching at the sheets, she did so. Moaning when he pushed back inside despite the snug fit. Face into the pillows Lucy pushed back into him. Felt his touch bruise her hips.

"Fuck me," came the order at last. "Not getting tired on me, are you?"

Jim gave a breathless chuckle. Fucked her into the mattress until her thighs were quivering.

"You have another for me, Lucy?" He saw her fingers twisting the pillows. Muffled her moans. "Almost there, fuck." Jim thrust into her. Smacked hard and fast. Played with her clit again to feel her tighten up, another oncoming rush of climax was betraying her joints.

"Don't stop, Jim, I'm..." Lucy cried out under him. Worked her hips back into his until it ached. Spine curving. Unable to lessen the pressure of his touch. Another peak. Jim followed her this time. Came inside her and finished on her thighs. Sticky and uncaring, Lucy slipped from him. Boneless. Jim fell beside her.

"I've wanted that a long time too. Thought about it." Jim's palm skimmed up her side. A lengthy kiss to seal it.

"I couldn't tell." Lucy shifted so they could get under the covers. Felt Jim nestle in behind her and pull her into his bare chest. Kissed along her shoulder blade.

She almost asked him what he was doing.

Never been held so sweetly after.

Jim breathed her in. Held her like she was truly important. Tears welled at being so overwhelmed. He didn't catch them in the dark. Tucking Lucy's hair aside to lean over for her lips. Another kiss where she tasted that same burning sweetness. She sagged. Lucy let Jim hold her. Nuzzled back into him after getting over her initial awkwardness. Kissed Jim's scruffy chin and nipped playfully at his lip.

"Happy New Year." She sighed into his body. Melting into the lines of him.

"You too, Luce." Jim let her settle on his arm. Snuggled in. Heard Lucy breathe even and pressed his lips into her hair.

Felt almost happy here. Safer. Hushed.

Chased that feeling into the daylight.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 30 11
A fanfiction about Joyce Byers and Jim Hopper after their return to Hawkins. Will they finally get togehter and have their date at Enzo's? There will...
182K 3.7K 46
a story where an unlovable girl learns what it means to love and be loved. {oc x dustin henderson} {oc x eleven hopper} {disclaimer: I do not own st...
4.3K 213 15
"𝐢 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬 𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐈'𝐝 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐤 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐮𝐧𝐚𝐟𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐝...
1.2K 6 17
third part of the fanfic A lot has changed, in almost seven months. Y/n now lives alone. Her family went back to Utah, leaving her behind in Hawkins...