Defining a Terrorist #Wattys2...

By Shona1993

Two individuals and two different paths but at the end the same destination. Sana is a young bubbly girl in... More

Chapter 1: Introduction of the Boy behind the mask and Sana
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Epilogue
Thank you!

Chapter 15

4.1K 288 128
By Shona1993

Hey guys!

I am not sure if any of you are waiting for any updates right now. If you are then I am extremely sorry for the delay :(

This might bother you and I am sorry for that. Actually I am going underground till the 18th of June. My exams are going on in full swing till the 8th of June, my job have also required me to go on a extra course which is also on my mind and then I am going on a short trip.

So my updates are going to be on hold until the 18th of June, I am so sorry guys for the inconvenience. But I promise to give you regular and many updates when back.

I hope you will be there with me when I am back and I am really sorry <3 please don't have any grudges with me :( <3

(I will try my best to update the 9th of June but if I can't then please don't be mad as it will break my heart - dramaqueen much? No but seriously don't be mad :( )

So the next chapter is also a filler kind of chapter, my brain is too damned fried for a fun chapter I guess. I hope this is likable though and that you have something worth reading :$ <3

Love
Shona

----

Make love, not war.

John Lennon

------

While screaming my lungs out the stupid brat in front of me covers my mouth and is trying to hush me down with his finger on his own lips. "Please calm down and please stop screaming, it is just me. I'll take away my hand if you promise to not scream!" He whispers startled with horror evident in his soft brown eyes and I quickly nod with a racing heart.

When he takes away his hand I inhale deeply before lashing out on him. "What the heck is wrong with you Zaki!?" Glaring at him I scream with my struggling organs.

He quickly starts to apologize with a embarrassed childish look. "Sorry, sorry, Shawn told me to wake you up but I didn't know how to and ended up staring at you." What?

My temper starts to rise, the terrorist has actually smitten me with his nature. "What do you mean didn't know how to? You just wake me up! Call my name, poke me or just anything but don't stare at me like a creepy ghost!" I scold him with my lungs still deprived of oxygen. "Even Adam who is five years old knows how to wake me up." I add irritated while tucking my hair behind my ears.

Zaki sulks and mutters under his breath. "I am sorry." Great, he seem hurt.

"Where's Sahara? Or Shawn? Couldn't they do the honor themselves?" I inquire with a high pitch voice.

"Shawn said you're cranky when awaken, and I guess he is right." He chuckles where he stand and I scowl at him.

Shawn doesn't know about my cranky mood in the morning then why would he say that? Maybe he is embarrassed by yesterdays conversation? Not that he has anything to be embarrassed over.

"Anyway, I'll be with you in a second." Walking out of the bed I take a quick shower before heading towards the kitchen.

"Good morning." Everyone greets me in unison and I greet back.

Sahara is making chocolate chip pancakes to my delight and I try to help her but end up just eating. After breakfast we are ones again located in the living room. How I love living rooms, not! I don't know how but we have ended up in the same positions as yesterday.

Zaki enlightens us that he had yesterday removed a tracker from Shawns car. No wonder the Osman clan found us before.

Shawn clears his voice and starts. "So I have contacted the U.S. Army and talked to our chief. As I am quite tired of all the games and I am sure we all want to get back home, we have one last mission or more like a small task left. We need to expose Osman and their activities in Sweden."

Furrowing my eyebrows I question my mind. "What about the other terrorist networks? I mean I am still worried about ISIS growing each day." They're spreading like wild fire.

To my surprise they all chuckle. "Have you ever wondered why ISIS doesn't attack Israel even though it is in the Middle East? Our how some countries are more or less immune to them?" Javed asks me with a bitter smile.

Saeed continues from there. "Because USA backs Israel up and ISIS is a creation of the leaders of the world who are craving more political power." He answers Javeds question and I stare at them dumbfounded. "You know even the Turkish government seem to help ISIS."

"You can't beat them Sana." Zaki explains with a soft voice. "Be happy that they even want to expose Osmans network, Sweden will at least be free from a terrorist organization for a while." He adds optimistically.

"The only reason they're exposing them is because we are tired of being here and have messed up, at least this way the U.S. Army and government can get some credit for exposing terrorist activity in a European country." Ibrahim states bitterly and he leans back on the armchair he is sitting on.

"This is more for publicity stunt, this way they can show how good they're and play big brother in more countries." Javed shrugs and he runs a hand down his blond hair.

Their words just spins around in my mind, it is just so absurd. "You know what? Whatever reason, I am just glad if my Sweden gets back to a normal and safe country again. And so I can return back home safely." My voice is dripping in longing, my body is craving to be in the safe arms of my mother.

Ibrahim directs a question towards Shawn. "She doesn't know does she?" His brown eyes are softened and Shawn shakes his head.

Narrowing my eyes I grimace at them. "What do I not know?" I question annoyed.

"Well, the Swedish government has announced to let ISIS fighters to come back home and provide them psychological help." My jaw falls to the ground, say what? "Not just that, they will be provided home, job, safety and money to survive the trauma they have gone through." Ibrahim says with a soft sarcastic smile, and my mind goes blank.

This is a sick joke? Our tax money is going to people who are slaughtering innocent human beings? Unknowingly I clench my fisted hands and my jaw tightens, almost gritting my teeth. Calm down, Sana. Calm down. "What about the people who are fighting against ISIS? Are they getting any aid?" My question comes out raspy and suddenly I am feeling cold.

Saeed shakes his head with his golden brown hair dancing. "Nope, that's the irony. The cold blooded murderers are portrayed as the victims here." Saeed enlightens me and my whole body trembles in, I would like to say anger but the truth is, fear. What the heck is going on? Why are extremists being granted royal treatment? Why are they being granted the chance to mingle in our society? There's a sudden silence in the room and I can hear my harsh breathing.

"This is why I didn't want to tell her." Shawn cuts through the thick cloud of fog around me, my storm filled eyes darts up to his intense blue ones. "Look at her, she is going to behave like a zombie the whole day as if the whole worlds problems are on her shoulders." I gulp down tightly while he runs a hand down his dark hair.

"Not funny." I manage to spit out, seriously I won't even notice if my neighbors or future colleagues are terrorists.

"I know that." He snaps and leans forward resting his elbows on his knees. "But you have to stop acting like you're some kind of a superwoman or savior who happens to have the magical formula and solution to every problem." He looks straight into my eyes while I scowl. "You can change whatever you like and help whomever you want when you have become the next prime minister." The others chuckles while he earns himself a glare from me. "For now focus as I think both you and I want to get back home." The last word makes me snap back to reality, right home.

"I am always focused." I murmur and everyone smiles at that while Shawn leans back as if he is tired of my tantrums.

Inhaling a deep breath I try to get rid of my turbulent emotions. "So what's the plan?" I try to sound excited while Shawn rubs his face annoyed.

Javed gently messes my hair. "On the 18th there's going to be a big conference with all the people in Sweden connected to the organization. That's our chance." Shawn enlightens with his eyes on mine, he is quite rigid.

Can't he stop frowning? I am focusing for the love of God. Maybe he do want heavy wrinkles on his face.

Shawn continues not leaving my eyes making me a bit uncomfortable, I shift in my seat. "We just need to get in there, film a bit of the event, get the file with the invitation list, give it to the media and then call the cops. Osmans and the other officers involved won't have any power after being exposed by the media." Shawn states as if it is a piece of cake.

"Exposed by the media?" I question more to myself. "They will make the news sound something like the Muslim terrorist organization was caught planning to kill." A shiver runs down my spine. "Yes they are Muslims but they don't seem to know A for being one." I mutter annoyed and cross my arms.

"I can't go against my orders and this is the way it will be." Shawn shrugs determined, dismissing my tangled thoughts and I know he is right, but something keeps bugging me.

Trying to avoid my juvenile thoughts, another thought suddenly reaches my mind which makes me a bit uneasy. "Sahara, what about Sara, Maryam and aunt Heba. They're nice people aren't they?" I question her as she has lived with them.

Sahara sighs clutching the pillow in her lap into her chest. "Yes, they really are. The only reason they're involved is because they have developed a bitterness due to all the injustice they have seen and been through, and because of the brainwash of the men." Sahara enlightens a bit lost in thoughts.

Sincerely, I wish that they don't get harmed if we succeed in bringing out the names of the people involved. The girls and their mother deserves a second chance in life. A note to myself, if you can save them do it.

My eyes wanders back to Shawn. "Hey, you said the 18th? What's the date today?"

Zaki answers from beside me. "16th." My eyes widens as it rings a bell in my mind.

No way! That's not happening! "OMG, I have exam today!" I cry resting my head in my hands, as I remember. "OMG I haven't even studied." The exam is upon the subject pharmacology, which is quite interesting. You learn about all kind of drugs, even drugs that can kill without being noticed.

The people around me chuckles at me, note at me and not with me. "You're crazy." Javed mumbles from beside me.

Shawn exaggeratedly rolls his eyes. "Anyway, Sana I am not sure if you can help us in this mission so you can stay back." He tells me straight which doesn't go down well with me.

My eyebrows shots up annoyed. "No, I won't stay here alone. I want to help and the more we are the merrier." Obviously I protest, this is actually exciting.

I am feeling like a FBI agent, Shawn shakes his head as if I have a screw lose. "Anyway, two days to go. I am going to make a plan and enlighten everyone about their roll." "And by the time teach Sana a bit of selfdefense." He sighs and I smile broadly, that sounds so cool!

That evening the rest of us sit down to watch a movie, Avengers 2. The movie is awesome, and that is just a understatement! Black widow is my ultimate inspiration when it comes to swift movement and deadly fighting skills. Shawn is in his room talking on the phone and I guess making plans.

I can see fire and more fire. Feel a warmth I have never earlier felt. My skin is burning and my screams are piercing but at the same time muted. This is weird, I am scared and I can feel my every heartbeat. Trying to runaway is futile as I am trapped in the dark. Turning, screaming and even crying I try to find a way out but deep inside I know there is no way. A dagger is suddenly seen coming towards me with full force and my eyes widens. Breathing hard I don't know where to hide. Frozen to my spot it hits my chest, pierces through my heart and the firing pain makes me scream in a agony I have never felt before.

Gasping I wake up dizzy, I sit down on the bed and breathe heavily resting my head on my sweaty palms. It was just a nightmare, breathe. Oh God, it felt so real. The warmth of the fire. The dagger piercing through me. I shake my head to get rid of the memories. Breathe, all is well. Just the fact that the intensity of a nightmare can be so horrifying is something new to me. Breathe Sana, breathe. I rub my face annoyed at myself.

When my racing heart and tremor finally slows down I walk to the kitchen to grab a glass of water. My tired eyes catches light sipping out from Shawns door. Tiptoeing to his room I slightly knock before opening it, obviously surprising him. "What are you doing awake?" He ironically questions me while he is standing in front of a whiteboard with lots of scribble.

I don't recall having seen him in a simple white shirt and black jogging pants before, he seem so much younger and innocent now. Reminding me of Adam.

"Woke up due to a nightmare." I shrug. "You should get some sleep." I reply supporting myself on the door frame as tired as I am.

The nightmare wasn't pleasant to be honest, at the beginning I saw myself fall right into the pit of hell. My skin burning due to the flames and all I could hear was accusations and words like sinner, hijab, judgmental, liar, terrorist and what not. A shiver runs down my spine as I hope he doesn't inquires about it.

Thankfully Shawn absently just nods. "I know but I can't figure out how we are going to get us in to the main room, they don't allow any staff member or anyone else for that matter enter without a invite." Messaging his temples he says. "I have gotten us in to Grand Hotel and everything else is set, it is just how to enter the conference room that is bothering me."

Grand Hotel? "In Stockholm?" I inquire a bit too excited, that's home! He notices my excitement and turns his head with a defiant stare but still nods to confirm. "You know, I think I have a friend working there. If you want I can contact her and she can smuggle me in." Shawn sighs and rubs his face with his palms.

"And why wouldn't Osman recognize you?" He fires back annoyed.

"Because I will be wearing a Niqab." I shrug, having no idea where that notion came from, Shawns heads turns to me with wide eyes, slowly his mouth split into a delightful smile.

"That's perfect!" He says lightheaded. "Finally, I can get some well deserved rest." He sighs weary and I turn around.

"No need to thank me, we're even." I say before walking away with a satisfied smile.

"Who said that I was going to thank you?" He snickers and I roll my eyes at his arrogance.

"Your dark circles." I say loud enough for him to hear.

The next day we are back on the lounge room with a tired Shawn presenting the plan to us. "Everyone clear on everything?" He questions and I furrow my eyebrows.

"No!" He glares at me for my negative answer.

He has changed the plan and made sure that Sahara will be the one entering the conference room. You know what honorable task he handed out to me? To stay in the room with Zaki to just observe everything.

Shawn clenches his jaw. "I don't have time to argue with you." He dismisses me.

Crossing my arms across my chest I look at him with challenge. "Yes you have!" I protest. "My friend doesn't know Sahara, she can only fix me in!" I frown from where I am sitting on the floor with my back against the couch.

"I can't afford your clumsiness." He simply states.

Now it is my turn to glare at him as that hurt my ego. "Then get yourself another friend, I am not fixing anyone in." I say inspecting my nails. "Anna also said that the guest list is not given to them, instead they have it inside the room. That means if I can't get in you will not be able to film or record or get hold of the guest list." I challenge him and he flares up with his face turning bright red.

Clutching on to the piece of paper he is holding he stares at me with fury. "You know what, fine! If you get into trouble don't expect us to jump in to save you." Shawn snaps through gritted teeth and I smile satisfied.

"Don't worry Shawn, I'll plant every microphone carefully around her." Zaki assures and I smile at him warmly.

"And I'll make sure that the Niqab is securely wrapped." Sahara adds with a wink.

Shawn ignores them. "Anyway, everyone remember all of your tasks until tomorrow, we will leave from here at 12pm and check in to the hotel around 3 pm. The conference is at 7pm. This is a simple sting operation which doesn't afford to go wrong." Shawn warns everyone with seriousness evident in his eyes.

Everyone nods and starts to leave from there to mind their own businesses. I stand up to leave as well but Shawn stops me. "And where do you think you're going?" He questions amused making me confused.

Turning around to face him I narrow my eyes. "Pardon me?" I question back to his smiling face. "Is there anywhere I need to be?"

He for a change smirks. "Yes, here with me." My eyebrows shoots up in utter surprise, what does that suppose to mean? "I hope you are ready to practice selfdefense." My lips break into a smile and my face radiances hearing that, this is going to be awesome.

First he teaches me how to always have my posture straight, the power should come all the way from the center of the body. The most effective body parts to attack is the eyes, nose, ears, neck, knee, legs and obviously private parts. After a short lecture he stands up. "Come on, you're going to try on me now." He says and I get a bit nervous, I don't want to hurt him.

He suddenly grabs my arm and turns me around in a second, I gasp as I am not prepared for whatever he is up to. Being a bit dizzy from the sudden spin I don't even notice when his arm is placed around my neck locking me. "I wasn't ready!" I scream at him when I grasp and struggle in his hold.

"That's the point!" He says rudely and without thinking I knock him with the back of my head.

Abruptly he lets go off me and growls in pain. "That was actually good." He complements and then adds. "But you don't need to hit me on real!" I smirk at that to tease him and he rolls his eyes.

The next few hours I learn to hurt someone being in different positions, the adrenaline rush is overwhelming. Shawn teaches me how to hurt someones nose with my palm, give a choke attack on ones neck, pull ones ears to earn time, hit someones knee to make them fall down and same with legs.

Shawn positions himself in front of me and takes a hold of my two arms. "Try to get away from this." He smiles amused and mind you he is strong, it doesn't even take effort for him to hold down my arms while I struggle.

From behind I have already knocked him with my head ones but from in front I think a moment to register my options.

My first attempt is to knock him again and as clumsily I do it, I end up hurting myself on my forehead as he yanks his head back and I hit his bone crushing jaw. "Ouch!" He tries to stiff a laughter and chuckle amused while my head spins.

His stupid amusement in behalf of my pain bruises my ego and I angle my right foot to slide it in between his legs and kick him in the knee with my heel, as he was off guarded his knee stumbles forward. As a reflex he lets go of my arm to get back his balance and that's the moment I take charge and smack his neck with the side of my outstretched hand. "Damn it!" He actually swears a more brutal curse hitting the ground but I censor it for my own peace of mind.

"Never underestimate and mess with a woman." I snicker and reach out my hand for him to grab.

He glares at it for a moment with his blue eyes twinkling and finally takes it to heave himself up with my help. "The only reason you're good is because you have me as your master." He boasts and I roll my eyes.

"Whatever makes you sleep at night Shawn, at least you acknowledged that I am good." I give a confident smile with crossed arms, he smiles or more like grimace at me before going back to frown.

It is actually a full on training session we are having, as much as I enjoy I also sweat and pant. The thing he doesn't teach me is how to kneel someone in the private parts as we both assume that it is a inbuilt safety mechanism in us humans, and because it is embarrassing.

At the end Shawn smirks seeing me tired and all worked up. "Good job! Now get some rest, it is a long day ahead of us tomorrow." Shawn compliments and I nod with anticipation building up in me.

Tomorrow I'll be free. In Sha Allah, if God will.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.4K 1.9K 49
Completed - After years of running, Denae Ivanlia's life finally calms down, only to pave way for another vicious storm to hit her. As her past opens...
61.6K 2.3K 30
⭐𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐈𝐬 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐩𝐚𝐝 𝐂𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐦⭐ Grace Matthews yearns to break away from her small hom...
51K 5.7K 49
The things I knew that were once unethical, were bound to be saintly. The dreams I dreamt once upon a time, seemed to be an epitome of nightmares. Th...
56 0 18
In two countries where a shy, cautious girl and a timid, demure boy take slow steps, peace and serenity following behind. Suddenly, peace is covered...