HxH x Female Reader

By Sanjis1stBitch

(Male and Nb reader version available <3) While taking place in the hunter exam, for reasons I do not care to... More

Chap 1: Eyes x Tell x All
Chap 2: Creepy x Number x 44
Chap 3: Starting x The x Exam
Chap 4: Purple x Needle-filled x Creep
Chap 5: Her x Nice x Nap...
Chap 6: Creeps x Of A x Feather
Chap 7: Too x Much x Hisoka
Chap 8: Yeah, x Still x Hisoka.
Chap 9: Killua x Is x Loud
Chap 10: Y/N: x Expert x Pig-Jockey
Chap 11: Cooking x It x Up
Chap 12: Y/N's x The x Smartest!
Chap 13: Understanding x Little x Y/N
Chap 14: Y/N x Goes x Nuts
Chap 15: Absolutely x Nothing x Happens
Chap 17: Big x Sister x Y/N
Chap 18: Wow x Another x Phase!!
Chap 19: Y/N x Hates x Work

Chap 16: Chairman x Eats x Balls

1.8K 84 23
By Sanjis1stBitch

♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡

As quickly as her smile developed, it died, as they all felt an energy spiking to the left of them.

"Huh?" Gon jumped as Y/N grabbed the two, sheltering them with her shoulders, her eyes darting left to right.

"Is something the matter?" The chairman sauntered in from the right, his long sleeves almost dragging the tiled ground as his wooden sandals echoed clacks against it.

"You didn't happen to see anyone coming from that side did you?" Gon pointed to the left, watching as the chairman confusedly followed his finger with his eyes.

"I did n-"
"Hm. You're quite fast for an old guy." Killua interrupted, sneering lightly while Y/N proudly nodded from beside him.

"That old trick? You flatter me.."
"What're you after?" Killua's guard spiked.
Gon stood beside the two, glancing between them with a confused look on his features.

"Y/N? What are they talking about?"
He whispered to the girl after sneaking her way through their determined glares.

"Netero was the presence to the left."
"Ah! How'd he do that?"
"Must be quite fast I s'pose."
"Wow! I wanna be that fast someday.. maybe I could win against you in a race?"
"Keep trying Gon."
Y/N dismissed the now pouty boy, watching as Killua continued to beef with the chairman.

Not long into their conversation, Killua grew annoyed at the chairman's attitude, stomping down one of his feet. He grabbed Y/N and Gon's wrists and flipped around, hurriedly trying to step away from the infuriating oldie.

"Now now! Before you go, I wanted to ask; would you like to play a game with me?"
At the end of his sentence, Y/N pulled her wrist from the boy's hand, switching in turn, to grab his hand and hold it up.

"You really shouldn't ask little boys to play games with you. I'm sure people wouldn't be happy to hear the chairman of the Hunter Association liked children like that.."

The old man awkwardly laughed, a spiteful sort of look in his eyes.

"Haha...You know I didn't mean it like that. Come along, join if you feel that you need to protect them!"
"What kind of game..?"
Killua interjected, his back still turned to the man.

"I can't tell. But I'll make it interesting by saying- I'll make you a Hunter on the spot if you win!"
"Wowie! Y/N can we play? Pretty please?"
Gon's brown eyes grew large, his hands clasping together to beg.

"If you want to, I don't care."
And despite the cold sentiment, Gon's arms flew up in a cheer, him shuffling behind Killua to push him along as the chairman turned to lead them.

"Yes, yes. Follow me."
And Y/N did, far behind the three who were forming a line.

♧                     ♢                     ♤                      ♡

He brought them to a circular padded baby blue room, small round windows spread in a pattern along the wall.
As they arrived, he seemed to be wearing different clothing. Clothing that Y/N did not see him change into.
Is he that fast or was he just wearing it underneath??
Though she wouldn't pander it for long as the man began to explain the rules.

"It's entirely simple, you manage to take the ball from me before the airship arrives at our location, you win."
He began to spin the ball along his finger.

"I believe we're scheduled for an 8 am arrival. I'll only be defending, please try your hardest."
They all glanced at the clock placed almost along the curve of the ceiling, it read 11:32.

Quite a bit of time..

"What? But that challenge is way too easy! You can hardly even consider it a game!" Gons shoulders flew up in surprise as he stepped towards the chairman, who did not flinch.

"Then give it a try, won't you?"
He impatiently queried, almost sighing when Killua asked yet another question.

"And... all we need to do is get the ball? No catch?"
"None."
"Then I'll give it a try as well."
"You're welcome to. Young woman, you can join as well, if you desire."
His eyes were pointed at Y/N, whose arms were permanently crossed at the idea of the whole thing.

"I don't desire anything of the sort."
As she spoke, Killua began to trudge around the room, right past her and Gon.
Behind him, a faint image of himself followed, Gon excitedly gasping at the prospect.

Soon there were many Killuas, all with their own after-image angrily staring at the calm man a-centre the room.

"I see a bunch of Killuas!!" Gon excitedly claimed.

Soon, the real Killua bounced out of the sequence, his arm swinging wildly in an attempt to gain the ball.
The chairman dodged but the young boy followed, punching, kicking, and flipping in the hopes of retrieving what he wanted.

After many fruitless attempts, he changed his trajectory. His leg flew at the old man's in a swift kick- though it only injured himself.

"What are you made of, steel?!"
He yelped at Netero after his hit made contact, arms flinging around his leg. He received but a simple shrug and smirk back.

"Killua tag me in!! I want a go!"
Gon waved his hand around, quickly gaining the frustrated boy's attention.

"Whatever. Go ahead."
They high-fived, Killua falling to his butt next to the door right after as the excitable kid ran away from him.

"You okay little man?"
Y/N pat the wincing boy's shoulder as he stretched his leg out amongst the wooden floor.

"It's fine. Nothing I can't take!"
He smirked, kicking his foot out in a display of his physical prowess, suppressing another wince.

"Ah. You probably shouldn't do that, I imagine. Just let it sit for a bit, maybe? I wouldn't know. I'm no doctor."
She pat the boy again, though this time on his fluffy-haired head, then slumped against the door, sprawled comfortably along the ground.

"I'm going to nap. Wake me up if he starts being a creep, alright? Be good."
She pointed lazily to the old man as Gon zoomed towards him, switching to go upwards.

Y/N would not have her well deserved nap right away though, as she heard the boy hit his head against the ceiling.
And when she peeked F/N swore she saw some dust fall..

"Oww!!"
He held his head, wiggling around while Killua scolded him.

"Yelling is not being good, Kill."
Y/N sleepily remarked realizing the pun of the boy's name, taking quickly to it as a nickname for him.
Beside him the red faced boy continued to yell, a deeper malice to his words as Y/N stood, shoulders slumped and hands to her eyes, harshly rubbing them.

"Come sit, Gon. You'll get brain damage if you keep trying right after. Who knows when you'll go and hit your head again."
"It was a one-time thing! It won't happen again, swear."
"Sit."
She commanded.

So Gon sat, the chairman joining them as well, though he stayed firmly planted in the middle of the room, rolling around the ball in boredom of their recovery period.

When Gon's ears stopped ringing -as he had told her when Y/N began asking proper medical questions- he stepped up again. Leaving behind Killua, who wanted to stay and savour his chilling time with the super awesome cool guy, Y/N.

Y/N's back hit the door again at the absence of the injured, her eyes not sparing even a moment to swing shut lightly snoring in a simple moment's time.
Killua sighed from where he was squatting, scooting just a few centimetres closer to the older.

♧                     ♢                     ♤                      ♡

When her eyes cracked open again, the sun was now peaking through the small window.
The two youngers were now working together, their overgarments laid across her body, one over her shoulders-Gon's, and one on her head-Killua's..

She shook them off, standing and stretching hard enough that her ears rang. She listened in to the grunts of the two until Killua halted his movements.

"Ah forget it, we quit."
"Eh? We've got lots of time left. Come on! We can do this."
"Nah. I'm tired, he's got me beat. He hasn't even used his right hand or his left leg."
"Ehhh! Really?"

Killua solemnly walked to the door, swinging it open and flinging his shirt up from the ground to throw it over his shoulder.

"You're sure good at pissing me off old man. Good fight, I suppose..."
He walked out backwards, eyes averted from F/N's observing ones. Perhaps he was a bit embarrassed.

"Let's go, Gon." Killua gestured, waiting impatiently for the boy to sprint and follow.

"Nahh. I'll think I'll stay for a little longer."
"Wh-"
"It's good to have a fighting spirit, Gon."
F/N interrupted, seeing the desire in Killua's eyes to give the determined fighter a yelling-to.

"You think so, Y/N?" Killua's gaze leered.
"Well, it's also good to recognize when to quit."
"Which is it then?" He pried.

"It depends."
His head flew down, grumbling, as he stepped out of the room again, most of the fire in his system long gone.

"See you dummies when you realize that fight is pointless." He 'cheerfully' waved, the door swinging glumly shut behind him.

"Well.. Now my plan is to make him use his right hand, Y/N!"
"Good on you, little one."

So Gon flew at the man again, faster this time.
He fought and fought, but by a mishap, Gon went flying to the wall, hitting his head once again.
This time, though, instead of pain, he felt achievement. A large, shining, grin came upon his face as he rotated, staring at the old man.

"I made you use your right hand.."
"Huh..." he looked down to his palm, recalling the previously fast paced events.

"You did."
Gon's smile grew somehow ever larger, his limbs flying as he cheered himself on.

"Mm. Good one Gon."
Y/N smiled warmly at the boy who stopped for a moment, processing it.

"Really? Then hug me for it?"
Y/N pretended to think, for just a moment before rapidly denying the boy. She watched as his smile died just a bit returning full force a second later.

"That's fine I'll get it another day."
He then fell back, closing his eyes and beginning to snore.
The chairman's eyes looked to Gon then F/N, and he began to chuckle.

"What a driven boy."
"Yes."
Y/N picked him up, throwing him over her shoulder, somehow without disturbing him, then looked the chairman in the eyes.

"Did you want to give it a go? You have some 3 hours left."
The chairman asked, blinking, then suddenly feeling an absence in his palm.
His reaction delayed as he saw the ball in the palm of the other, her body in almost the same spot as he had been earlier.

"I'll pass on the Hunter thing- I don't really care for shortcuts. I know I'll pass the exam nonetheless."
The chairman's sweat hit the tiles.

"Then I'll be on my way, have a good.. day."
She tossed the ball back, using Gon's body to push open the door then routing herself back to the room they'd all chosen to stay in.

♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡♧♢♤♡

(Mehehe I love making my little characters op. swear by it I have a reason behind her being able to do that I just don't care to explain it!!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31K 973 28
There's a lot of difficulties in life one might run into. Could be a life or death situation, the meeting of a life long friendship, tipping over the...
199K 5.4K 35
(Y/n) is an assassin for the (L/n) family. She's gone to participate in the Hunter Exams in an attempt to escape her assassin career. It should be a...
422 31 15
"Why me?" She asks the man. "Simply because, you interest me~" . . . . . Hunter X Hunter story- A girl who wants to protect others fatefully meets a...
449K 14.6K 33
COMPLETED at 79092 Words (only story) 'Remember. Control.' Ding. I walk into a underground tunnel that seems to have no exit except the weird elevato...