MADRID.

By bebegorll

[ jjk x pcy ] ❝ siempre fuiste tú. ❞ 一 in which two lost souls trying to find relief, instead find something... More

m a d r i d
prologue
하나 1
둘 2
셋 3
넷 4
여섯 6
일곱 7
여덟 8
아홉 9
열 10
열하나 11
열둘 12
열셋 13
열넷 14
열다섯 15
열여섯 16
열일곱 17
열여덟 18
열아홉 19
스물 20
스물하나 21
스물둘 22
스물셋 23
스물넷 24
스물다섯 25

다섯 5

581 42 14
By bebegorll

SEOUL, SK
KOOK & CHAE

A young woman, clad in all black, sat in a quaint café. She had a black coat on with sunglasses, a black beanie and a black mask that went up all the way to the bottom of her eyes. Park Sooyoung was supposed to meet up with her so-called best friend as she had finally replied back to her million messages.

She lowered her mask to take a sip of her coffee when a sudden voice appeared in front of her that made her almost choke.

"Yah, you look stupid," she snarked. Chaeyoung had finally arrived and she was wearing a blush pink matching lounge set. "Why is your whole family the same?"

Chayoung made herself laugh as she thought back on the ridiculous disguise Jungkook would wear when she saw him in Madrid. She realized Sooyoung wouldn't have understood that joke.

"What?" she asked cluelessly.

"Nevermind, why are you dressed like that?"

"I'm preparing for your funeral you see," Sooyoung replied back with an eerily sweet smile that scared Chaeyoung out of her chair. "Well, yours and Jungkook's."

After a certain someone mentioned how angry Sooyoung was at them and eating lots of comfort food to calm her nerves, she finally replied back the next day. Chaeyoung knew this was going to be the main topic of their conversation, but she didn't fully think about what she was going to say. Even her texts were full of stutters.

"Ahh about that," she laughed nervously, scratching the back of her neck.

Out of nowhere, Sooyoung started hitting her with her purse. Chaeyoung groaned in pain. It was a good thing that there were only two other customers present in the building, and it was a café where the people usually don't care about idols or celebrities.

"Mianhae," Chaeyoung apologized repeatedly.

Sooyoung rolled her eyes. "Whatever, I'm over it. Just tell me what happened."

"I thought Jungkook already told you,"

"Yeah, but you know how boys are. Madrid. Coincidence. Drunk. Kiss. Leaked," she replied in a monotonous voice, imitating the way her step-brother told the story. "Such assholes."

Chaeyoung giggled at her response. "I couldn't have said it better myself," she joked.

This earned her another smack from Sooyoung's purse.

"Aish, I swear that was it!" Chaeyoung shouted.

Sooyoung raised an eyebrow at her. She did not believe her, especially because she knew the two very well. "So tell me, how do two people who could literally start World War 3, end up kissing each other?"

Chaeyoung assumed that this girl would be the hardest to convince because she was close to both parties involved. One of the reasons why she avoided her the most. She wanted to run out of that café because she knew Sooyoung wouldn't stop until she forced the truth out of her.

"We were drunk!" she retaliated. This seemed like a practiced script at this point.

Sooyoung folder her arms over her chest. She still did not seem convinced.

Again, she knew both of them well. Chaeyoung was a lightweight, just a few shots in her and she was gone, but Jungkook was a different story. In fact, Sooyoung had never even seen him drunk before, certainly not enough to lose his mind and unconsciously kiss his worst enemy.

There was a few minutes of silence where no one spoke. Chaeyoung had beads of sweat forming on her head from how anxious she felt as the woman in front of her eyed her intensely. She even thought about just telling her everything just so she could finally breathe and get it over with.

Sooyoung cleared her throat before asking, "And how are you feeling now about this whole situation? Since you know... you've been in love with him since you were 18."

Chaeyoung almost choked on her own spit. She could feel herself being swallowed by the earth below her. One thing about her friend was that she was very blunt and not afraid to speak her mind.

While it was true that she fell in love with him at that age, she certainly did not feel that way anymore.

But who could have blamed her? He was Jeon Jungkook, the golden maknae of BTS and a complete ace in the industry. One sight of him singing or dancing was enough to make any person swoon. She was young, naïve, and impressionable, and he had been that cute boy with the nice smile you would steal glances from. Until eventually, those quick stares turned into seeing him almost everyday and falling for the man behind the idol.

"Yah unnie, can I use your purse to hit you?" Chaeyoung groaned. "Don't say that, someone might hear you. I stopped having those feelings for him a long time ago."

Although, she couldn't deny that there are still times where her heart involuntarily feels something different when she was around him, it adds to the many reasons why she's limiting their amount of contact throughout their whole fake relationship.

"And you're sure they won't come back after spending all this time with him?" she asked further.

Chaeyoung had this thought sneak up on her every time she was alone. Even just one unplanned surprise with flowers was enough to make her heart race. Maybe it was the remnants of having him as her first love that was making her emotions messed up.

But at the end of the day, no matter what she felt or will feel, it doesn't excuse the way he's treated her these past few years, especially their last day in Madrid. That was something that will take a lot for her to move past.

She went through emotional and mental turmoil having fallen in love with her own best friend, especially when she also thought he felt the same way. Now imagine how much her world crashed when he stopped talking to her out of nowhere and started acting like their friendship never existed.

"I'll try my hardest," she replied honestly.

Catching genuine feelings for Jungkook again would be one of the worst things that could happen, especially since their fake relationship was only on borrowed time.

She remembered that time at the BigHit lounge when Jungkook had confronted her, and she put on her best front and attitude. Though she had been shaking inside, she wished she were able to act boldly and confidently like that towards him everyday. It would have been better for her peace of mind.

Sooyoung seemed content with that answer. Probably because she could tell it was the first real thing she had said.

"Does he know?" she asked further.

"That I used to love him?" Chaeyoung snorted. "God no! I would rather jump off a cliff, be eaten by a shark, and be shat out than have him ever finding out."

Her friend laughed at her, quite morbid, honesty. "But what else? You were there for a week."

"We saw and hung out with each other a couple times, like our feud had momentarily stopped while we were there," Chaeyoung was careful with her words to not reveal much. "But our relationship went straight back to normal as soon as we got back."

"Good thing I'm not actually related to that guy," Sooyoung retorted. Though she appreciated having a brother around to vent to and manipulate, he wasn't the best human being in the world. "He keeps messing with your feelings. I still don't understand how he went from being one of your closest friends to treating you like shit out of nowhere!"

"You don't know?" she asked.

This was a question that she had surprisingly never asked Sooyoung, probably because they only became siblings last year. But upon hearing that she knew many of Jungkook's secrets, it wouldn't be out of the ordinary if she knew this one.

"To be honest, no," Sooyoung replied. "I know a lot about Kook but this he keeps under lock and key, trust me I've tried. I mean, I have an assumption but I can't tell you without revealing his other secrets."

After all this time, Chaeyoung couldn't even form an idea as to why Jungkook started treating her differently. The day before things changed they were hanging out like usual and she even helped him buy gifts for their other best friend who was part of their trio.

"By the way, I'm sorry for avoiding you," she apologized. "Out of everyone, I didn't know how to explain if to you."

"Gwenchana," Sooyoung replied sympathized. "I understand."

She knew it must have been hard for Chaeyoung who was caught in the middle. Ever since Jungkook and her became siblings, she always felt a sense of guilt around her for being related to the cause of her pain. And she couldn't do anything about it. No matter how much she tried to talk to him about his hatred towards her, he would only mention how he could never move on from the past.

"I'm sorry that you have to be tied to my brother like this," she continued.

Chaeyoung reciprocated her small but genuine smile. "It's okay, it was our doing. Hopefully I'll never have to be involved with him again after these two months. My heart has been hurt enough."

Sooyoung assumed there was more to Madrid than what the two have led her to believe. But she didn't want to pressure. She'll wait until they were ready to be honest with her, and most importantly, themselves.

☾・゚: *✧・゚:*

Because fate despises her so much, Chaeyoung and Jungkook crossed paths again out of schedule, seemingly just one night before their first date, as if God was reminding her of what was to come.

The two were with their members along with many other Kpop groups attending an awards show.

Chaeyoung silently groaned at the sight of him across backstage. She had completely forgotten this aspect of their relationship that as being both in the same industry, the pair were bound to see each other in events such as these— adding on probably around two more sightings of him compared to as planned.

"Yah, say hi to your boyfriend," Jennie teased as she noticed who she was staring at while the other girls nudged her as well.

"I despise you guys," Chaeyoung said, dismissing Jennie's comment. They laughed at her reaction.

She had absolutely no intention of speaking with him that night unless he somehow approached her first, which was highly unlikely. It was better to avoid him, especially in this kind of environment where rumours and gossip were prone to happen. Everyone already knew they were a couple, there was no need to shove it in their faces.

Backstage was crawling with idols as they waited to be seated. The show should be starting soon. Blackpink was standing near other YG groups, conversing to pass the time.

She felt anxious, wanting to get this production over and done with. Her feelings might have stemmed from how uncomfortable she felt in the clothes her stylist picked. It was way to short for her liking, and so she had to keep pulling her skirt down ever so often.

Two familiar men approached Chaeyoung after they noticed how uncomfortable she was.

"Hi Rosé!" one of them greeted.

She turned around and was met by her favourite iKon boys. "Oh Junhoe and Bobby-oppa!" she smiled.

"Is everything okay?" Junhoe asked. She was much more closer with him because they were born the same year.

"Ne," Chaeyoung replied sheepishly. She was unable to tell them she wasn't because it would only make their conversation awkward. It's not like they could do anything to change her outfit.

"We're so excited for your guys' comeback!" Bobby exclaimed, changing the subject. "You should give us a sneak peek."

"Of course! Just drop by our studio any time," Chaeyoung replied.

She was certainly grateful for their company as it took her mind off of her worries.

On the other side of the area, a pair of eyes had been watching them converse.

"Why is she talking with Junhoe and Bobby-hyung so much?" Jungkook asked his eldest hyung.

Their band was standing around, waiting for their queue to go to their seats, like all other groups. Their members were all preoccupied with either practicing their choreography or talking with idols around them. Jin had asked their maknae to fix his tie.

"They're under the same company so they could be close," Jin replied. "Wae? Are you jealous?"

Jungkook's eyes widened in shock as he immediately denied the claims. "What? Of course not!"

"I-It's just that it's not good for the image of fake relationship you know, if she's seen around other guys so much. What would other people think?" he continued to explain.

Jin saw right through the youngest's lies. He practically raised the boy. He had never seen him this nervous, nor what he said made any sense as all idols were interacting with each other backstage. He simply nodded in agreement with an expression that said he did not believe him one bit, but didn't press on it as the show was starting soon.

Their manager then gestured for them to walk to their seats. BTS came together and stood in a somewhat straight line before heading to their seats. The audience erupted into cheers once all the idols had come out.

Their group sat down and waved at the crowd, but they soon had to stand again at the presence of a group of girls who were to sit in front of them. The seven boys bowed to the four girls who reciprocated their sign of respect. It was only when they came closer that Jungkook realized who it was.

Chaeyoung turned red at the sight of her alleged boyfriend. She started walking slower so that Jisoo would have gotten ahead of her and she wouldn't have had to sit directly in front of Jungkook. She knew that she wouldn't have been able to survive the whole show, knowing that nuisance was right behind her. Her movement was subtle enough that it did not seem like it was on done on purpose as it would raise too many questions.

Jungkook noticed though. He rolled his eyes. That Chaeyoung was really playing with his patience. He couldn't believe she was going through these lengths to avoid him. Although, he probably would've done the same thing.

She was now in front of Taehyung instead, who seemed to become weirdly flustered at her presence. Jungkook was curious about his hyung's suspicious reaction but his thoughts were interrupted by the sudden sound of the mc on the speakers.

The award ceremony began. It was the same routine. Groups were called one after the other with a few performances here and there. Everyone would sing and dance to the music. Except this time, Jungkook would steal a few glances at a certain someone. He noticed her being uncomfortable because of her skirt since earlier, and he wanted to make sure that the blanket they gave female idols was covering her legs.

Jungkook wanted to punch himself for feeling protective and jealous of her because he had no right, he forced himself to leave those emotions in Madrid. But he just couldn't help it. For some reason, his mind couldn't sit still until he knew she was okay.

This whole fake relationship scheme was going to be a lot harder than he thought.

Caught up in his own world, he didn't notice that it was his group's turn to perform on stage. It was only when Yoongi called his name for the third time.

"Are you okay?" Yoongi asked him once backstage and they received their microphones.

"Yeah," was all he could say.

His hyung didn't seem convinced, much like the way Jin looked at him earlier, but he didn't ask any further questions.

During the part of the choreography where Jungkook was front and centre, the jumbotron showed Chaeyoung's live reaction and the audience erupted into cheers. It was only then that she realized that there was a camera in front of her. She was taken by surprise, but she waved and made a heart with her hands as she lip synced to his voice.

Although she was getting better acting, she couldn't believe that this was another bullet point in her job description. The public sure loved a good romance any chance they could get.

Her girls nudged her teasingly as she swatted them away.

"I'm gonna bang my head against a wall," she whispered through gritted teeth, loud enough for her members to hear.

"You're loving this," Lisa replied with a wink, happily dancing to the group performing on stage.

Right after their number, BTS was presented with a daesang for song of the year. Everyone stood up to give them a round of applause. Chaeyoung couldn't deny her counterpart's achievements. Those boys worked so hard for everything they had today. She was undeniably proud of their accomplishments, especially in representing their country internationally. More than anyone, they deserved this award.

She made a mental note to congratulate Jungkook later. Even if their relationship was fabricated, she was a decent human being who gave credit where it was due.

A bit later, BTS returned back to their seats. Jungkook was surprised to see Blackpink's chairs unoccupied. He wondered where Chaeyoung was and if she was okay. Did something happen with her skirt?

His questions were answered at the sound of the girl group's anthem ringing through the stadium.

"Blackpink in your area!"

His hyungs danced energetically to their song. Though they wouldn't admit it, they had memorize all of the moves to Lovesick Girls. It was their favourite. Jungkook could already see the millions of fancams that would be released of them.

"Your girlfriend looks so pretty up there," Jimin gushed, pointing to the blonde petite girl giving her all on stage.

Jungkook's eyes traveled to her. She certainly did. He cringed at the thought of other men looking at her, especially at her very exposed legs (more so now as she was dancing).

"She looks ugly," he muttered.

"Yah, then break up with her so she can be mine," he teased, which earned him a smack from the maknae.

After the show, BTS walked towards backstage, alongside Blackpink as they were in the same seating area. Jisoo could be heard conversing with Taehyung. They knew each other well since their gig as mc's for that one music show. But other than that, the tension was awkward and loud between the two groups who had recently been caught in a scandal because of their members.

Chaeyoung once again did her best in avoiding Jungkook who happened to be right beside her. She could feel his eyes burning on her skin but she remained looking the other way. Jennie had noticed this because she was on the other side of her.

"Yah, do you have a stiff neck or what? Why do you keep looking at me?" she asked under her breath.

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes at at her dense unnie. She was never one to be able to take a hint. Jungkook must have heard as he let out a small chuckle out of nowhere.

When she looked back at him, she was only met with a cold and hard exterior, very different from the small laugh that she heard earlier. He wouldn't even look her in the eye.

Typical Jeon Jungkook, she thought.

It was after a few minutes, when the line stopped moving, that she realized many idols were staring at them. There was even a group of girls who were shamelessly whispering and pointing, as if they wanted to make it known that they were talking about them. This was the aspect of the industry that she didn't like.

Although, she understood why they were doing this. To an unknowing audience, Jungkook and her looked like unapproachable strangers who were forced to walk alongside each other. Their movements were rigid and calculated, as if even just one accidental touch was poison.

Chaeyoung assumed that he didn't know this was happening, so she took matters into her own hands by literally slipping her hand into his. She knew this went against her efforts of avoiding him the whole night, but she wasn't about to let a couple of rookies gossip about her over something so simple.

Jungkook, who was unaware of his surroundings, was taken aback when he felt her fingers lace through his. He met her eyes which were flickering towards a young group of girls across the stage, helping him put together what was happening.

He nodded curtly in response to show her he understood. To fan the flames of their romance even more, Jungkook squeezed her hand tightly before kissing the top of it.

Chaeyoung blushed at his action as Jungkook stared lovingly into her eyes, which seemed too real to be fake.

He always had his ways of going farther than what was required of him, which didn't play well with her heartstrings.

She thought back to the talk she had with Sooyoung the day before. This was exactly why she said she'll try her best. Not because of her own personal feelings, but the way Jungkook acted towards her too that made her feel like there might be a chance. But no, she had to get it in her head that this is all an act.

She hoped that since the show was over, all the cameras were off and no one in the audience spotted this happening. She hated seeing her face associated with his on her timeline everyday.

"Yah, stop making me feel so single," Hoseok whined, who was situated directly behind them and witnessed the whole thing.

This was the first time Chaeyoung had ever interacted with the famous main dancer of BTS, so she couldn't help but feel embarrassed. The sound of Jennie giggling from her other side didn't help as well.

All she could think of was why the staff thought it was a good idea for the groups to exit all at once.

Once they finally made their way to backstage, Jungkook didn't even bat an eyelash in letting her hand go.

"See you tomorrow," he said blankly before going his separate way.

Chaeyoung scoffed. She made an effort to settle down rumours (which in all fairness was a bit her fault as she had ignored him the whole time) only for him to revert that progress by leaving with no warning or expression. Although, thankfully, it seemed like all the people around them were preoccupied in their efforts to finally leave the building and the group of gossips were nowhere to be found.

As she walked with her members to their dressing room, she was already dreading their first official scheduled date tomorrow.

Little did they know, there was a special certain set of eyes gazing on them from afar throughout the whole event.

A pair that Jungkook used to look into the same way.

author's note: another filler, i'm not even sure if things are making sense anymore LOL, as well as i have no clue how these shows work. but to those who are bearing with the story so far, thank you!
let's all wish our jin a safe time in the military <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.5K 2.4K 22
❝You will fall in love many times in your life, but the best one will be falling in love with your best friend.❞ A Rosekook Fanfiction
97.5K 3.4K 36
When one girl becomes an employee of the biggest company in Korea called the 'Jeon Group'. What happens when her boss falls for her? Will their compa...
172K 10.6K 39
01 | People are trying to find their way back home so Jeon Jungkook will find his way to Park Chaeyoung too. © 2018, YORI. All Right Reserved.
8.3K 366 20
One Shots 🔞