My Shining Star

By Myuseriszoey

A young charismatic girl struggling to survive life. Keeping up with bills to pay, stuck up friends, and a de... More

A/N: intro
The Weeping Willow (FULL VERSION)
Chapter 2: Maxine who?!
Chapter 3: Memories of their past
Chapter 4: Cooped up
Chapter 5: Our saviors
Chapter 6: Finders keepers
Chapter 7: Just once
Chapter 8: Dance fail
Chapter 9: Big bad wolf
Chapter 10: Thinking about you
🍋 Chapter 11: A tease
Chapter 12: Welcomed but not
🔓 Characters Unlocked (1)
Chapter 13: Run Maxi RUN!
Chapter 14: A way 2 hide a lie
🍋 Chapter 15: Fuzzy feelings
Chapter 16: Not so bad
Chapter 17: Top of the chain
Chapter 18: Fuming rage
Chapter 19: I'll always be there
Chapter 20: Something new
Chapter 21: Tell me everything...
Chapter 22: To the beasts city
Chapter 23: Downsides of traveling
Chapter 24: I'm a WIZARD?!
Chapter 25: It's all coming back to me now
🍋 Chapter 26: Plans to seduction
Chapter 27: My expertise
Chapter 28: We could have had...
🍋 Chapter 29: Jealousy between two
Chapter 30: Landslide
Chapter 31: Eyes on me!
Chapter 32: A shy stranger
🍋 Chapter 33: A wolf's obsession
Chapter 34: A wish comes true
🍋 Chapter 35: New rivals, new problems
Chapter 36: The tiger outside my window
🔓 Characters Unlocked (2)
🍋 Chapter 37: A kitty's prize
Chapter 38: Confessions
Chapter 39: Sweet promises
🍋 Chapter 40: Feline's trickery
Chapter 41: Queen over night
Chapter 42: Willow's true colors
Chapter 43: My downfall to a new change?
Chapter 44: Gardening 101
🍋 Chapter 45: Bashful beast
Chapter 46: The ultimate quest for sashimi
🍋 Chapter 47: Sweet treat
Chapter 48: A shiver down my spine
Chapter 49: Tiger vs. Tree
🍋 Chapter 50: A king's love
Chapter 51: Bunny Avalanche
Chapter 52: Villain revealed
Chapter 53: Eat or forever hold your peas!
Chapter 54: Family problems
Chapter 55: Tiger king's downfall
Chapter 56: Truth behind a suspicious tiger
Chapter 57: Family reunion
🍋 Chapter 58: The tiger inside me
Chapter 59: Battle between favoritism
Chapter 60: Wish upon a star (End)

Chapter 1: The past & now the present

6.1K 155 22
By Myuseriszoey

A/N: hi guys, this chapter is long so I made the one part shorter. (you'll find out when you start reading). Anyways enjoy!

3rd POV

"Gather around kids, it's story time! " said the gleeful old man as he slid a book from a dusty wooden shelf using his left finger, picking it up.

The tiny children all gathered in the small living room that was cluttered with shelves full of ceramic antiques, books, and trinkets hanging on the wall. They all sat down on the floor with their legs all criss crossed.

They looked up at the old man as he pulled up a wooden chair in his left hand while holding a book in the other. He placed the wooden chair in the center surrounding the children. When he sat down it made a slight creaking noise.

He turned the page reading out loud to the children....

"The Weeping Willow" by Devon Morell (short version)

In the deepest depths of the jungle, lived a beautiful maiden that sat next to a willow tree. The tree bestowed a human girl into the beast world and her name was Willow. She was considered the most prettiest and graceful female in the land. She had long silky brunette hair, and a body that was thin and curvy. With fair white skin and deep emerald green eyes.

Everywhere she went, many caught their eyes with admiration. She quickly became popular and respected. Beastmen from all over were captivated by her charm and beauty. Many fought for her love. They began courting her with jewels and gifts, while many other females were envious of her.

She had an enchanting voice that could be heard in many places until it allured three beasts.....

On the first day, she met a jaguar waking up from his nap. "Little female, be my mate and I will give you my strength," he said.

One the second day, she met a leopard running towards the hill at the top. "Female, be my mate and I'll give you my power for I am the king" said the leopard bowing down.

On the third day, the maiden met a wolf that heard her singing. "Be my mate and I will give you my loyalty", the wolf said.

"When the moon is full and the flowers fully bloom, meet me here. Then you will get your answer" she said to all three of them.

From the day on, many beastmen began confessing their love and admiration towards her. Delighted by their praise, she began to worry about the many confessions towards her. She began to weep and weep in distraught. In-

***

As the old man read the book, booming stomps can be heard across the room.

"Grandpa, this is stupid!" said the frowning little girl crossing her arms together.

"NO, IT'S NOT!" said Ronny, munching down on his third chocolate bar.

"Why this book again!? WHO PICKED THIS BOOK ANYWAYS!" the little girl, angrily banging her fisted hands on the coffee table.

"Thea, go back and finish your homework"

***

(7 year old) Theanna POV

"I can't belif it! My grandpa is reading this book again!" I don't like this book, it's so sad. I hate that woman in the book, she is such a cry baby like get over it sis. And who the heck cries by a tree ?! She is stupid." I thought

"Thea, go back and finish your homework"

"NO! You can't make me grandpa!", I said as I stood up racing to the couch. I climbed the tall thick couch like I was rocking climbing on a mountain. Conquering the top, I begin jumping up and down on the fluffy and springy cushions.

" THEA!" My grandpa yelled. I heard him but I was not in the mood, so I kept on jumping. I'm not really scared of my grandpa, he is too good to be a meanie.

"WWHHhheeeeee.... Jumping is so fun!"

"This is so fun! I love jumping! I love playing! and most of all, NO SCHOOL! BEST DAY EVER!"

*Thump* *Thump*

(Original owner: Jungkook tired)

"Huh? Why do I feel something shivering down my spine? ", I shivered in thought while jumping on the couch.

"Theanna..."

.

.

"Oh sugar snaps!" I felt my body freezing like a statue once I heard a familiar voice behind me.

"Please don't be her, please don't be her" I said, panicking. Slowly and steadily turning my head facing my demise....

.

.

"GASP"

(From: an anime Noragami)

I stand very still, truly becoming a statue. But there load and behold m-my GRANDMA! .... Not just any grandma but my Asian grandma... She was literally like the devil!.. No actually.. She was THE DEVIL!..

She towered over me with her hands on her hips and a pissed look written all over her face. "Oh god, please spare me" I said, praying to the heavens and god himself to protect me and not to get my ass brutally whipped.

My grandma wore a pink apron that had flower prints, from when she was preparing today's dinner. I don't know what I was more scared of, the giant ass needle that tied her messy bun or the two murder weapons she was holding in her hands. A knife on the left and a cheese grinder on the other.

"PLEASE GOD, PROTECT ME!" I prayed and prayed heavily to god. I didn't want my ass to be shredded and served for dinner.

When I was praying to the gods, I felt cold wrinkly hands tightly wrap around my right arm.

"Oh no....."

"It's time to do your homework now..." my grandma said in a deep and daunting voice, dragging me away with a dark look on her face.

"AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHhhhh!!!" I screamed and screamed as my grandma dragged me back to my h-homework....

"NOOOOOOOOOO, ANYTHING BUT THAT!"

"AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHhhhhhhh!!!!"

***
3rd POV

The loud echoes of the little girl's screams can be heard through the walls...

The room was dark and silent. The little children trembled in the corner of the couch, horrified by what had happened...

"Ah- l-let's get back to the story!"  said the old man as he quivered to the next page. The kid sat here quietly listening to the rest of the story...

***
Continuation of " The Weeping Willow"

Instead she began to sing all around the land to make them happy. It made many beastmen feel bliss from listening to her voice. Many gave her gifts and praise as a thanks for her singing.

When the moon was full and flowers blossomed in the night sky, there stood three mighty beasts bowing down upon the maiden. "You should find another female, I'm not worthy of your love" said the maiden, almost tearing up.

Stunned, the three mighty beastmen refused, they instead swore to follow and protect her.

As the day continued, the maiden would sing sweet songs that many heard. She gained immense strength and power from her suitors and other beastmen.

Until he came along, the moment she looked at him, the maiden's heart struck a beat inside of her. She fell in love with him the moment they met. She wanted him.

In the sun set, the maiden and her mate left everything behind and to start their new life together.

They lived happily ever after..

***
15 years later.... (This is where Thea Morell is now an adult)

"RING."

"RING.."

"RING..."

"Ugh.. five more minutes.." said the girl slamming her fisted hand onto the alarm clock to make it stop as she was still sleeping.

"BEEP.. BEEP... BEEP.. BEEP"

"UGH!.. Okay, I'm up already!" I said, lazily waking up from bed

***
Theanna POV:

"God, what time is it?" I yawned while stretching my arms around. I grabbed my beeping phone beside me, as I slowly opened my eyes checking the time seeing its 8:45 am.

" 8:45? ", I yawned but my eyes widened as I remembered what today is. Today is April 20, XXXX on a Monday...

(XXXX is any year in modern times)

"Wait... 8:45?! OH SHIT I'M LATE!" I threw my phone on my bed. Dashing fast to my closet getting ready for work. Throwing on whatever clothes I had left in the closet since my lazy ass forgot to do laundry two weeks ago. I wore blue denim shorts, a white tank top with an oversize black jacket.

"DAMMIT, where is my bag!" I look around my apartment trying to find it, spotting it in the corner. I grabbed it and everything I needed for the day. I ran to the front door locking my apartment.

"Okay, phone check, keys check, wallet check, and shoes.. check" I said while jogging to the bus stop while making sure I didn't forget anything.

"THEANNA!"

Looking from behind, I saw my landlord in the corner of the building.

"oh no.. what does she want? ''

She was in her pajamas wearing a red velvet robe with hot pink rolls curled in her hair. In her bare feet wearing a green facial mask, looking like she was the witch of the west in that movie I watched last night called "The wizard of Oz".

" Good morning, Mrs. T! '' I responded, plastering a fake smile to her.

She walked towards me all pissed, grinding her teeth. When she walked her platypus feet made a big thud on the concrete ground. Crossing her arms and raising her snub nose upwards to me. As she was about to speak my phone rang..

"TH--"

"Ah- SORRY MRS. T, GOTTA GO!", I ran quickly to the bus stop, fearing I might get fired today.

"YOU BETTER PAY YOUR BILLS ON TIME OR ELSE I'LL KICK YOU OUT!!" She furiously said with arms tightly folded

"Got it, okay byeee!" waving at her from behind, making my way to the bus stop across the block.

Hey, my name is Theanna Morell but you can call me Thea for short! Right now I'm 22 years old, I live far away from my family to study abroad. But let's start from the beginning..

When I was born both my parents died. So, I was raised by my grandparents. I come from an crazy Asian family, not just "crazy" but THEE CRAZIEST Asian family. I'm talking about my grandma and aunties, they'll do anything to get what they want even if it means breaking the law or even murder!

This one time my aunt Mildren caught her husband having an affair with her friend's wife's sister in his coffee shop. She went ham on both of them, ramming her car to his shop then setting it on fire. The day after she filed both a divorce and lawsuit against them and won, thanks to my family digging up every dirt he had against him. She took away every penny he had in his wallet as well as the keys to his property.

Growing up my grandparents, "my grandma" had high expectations for me, like REALLY HIGH! They wanted me to become a doctor, lawyer and pianist at the same time! .School was a pain in the ass not because I hated it, I actually liked school! But because of my grandma. She would always sign me up for many clubs, sports and extra classes when I had "extra time".

This one time, I had to play violin tap dance while juggling a bucket of water on my head, just to earn medals for her to fill a empty spot in the house. My whole life, I have been mostly practicing, studying, studying, and studying even more. And For what? you tell me I don't really know..

When I graduated from highschool, I moved out to start my own life without her. To prove to her I'm just as capable of being successful like grandpa.

Many people around me say that "self- belief and hard work will always earn you success", but I think that's bullshit. And let me tell you, my life right now is pretty shitty. I thought I would make it big in the world BUT NO!

I'm here working a shitty job in a CRAB SHACK! as a waitress. I'm starting to believe the only reason I got hired was because of my looks since there have been many men coming just to hit on me. The only reason I did not quit this hell hole was because it's my only hope to pay bills and not become homeless.

Thinking of shitty, don't get me started on my friends! They are all a bunch of stuck up assholes! They never once gave me back my money! or supported me when I needed it the most!

One time we were at a club having girls night out, when I passed out drunk from a drinking game they made me play. They all left me, only with a long ass bill to pay! Then on never went with them again, they kept calling me but I told them to fuck off and leave me alone.

So yeah, that's my shitty life but let's get back to the present...

"Finally, I'm done with work!" walking down the street all happy while looking at my phone.

"HUH?! WHAT DO YOU MEAN REJECTED?!" my eyes widened as I read the email.

I sat near a dark alleyway reading the email again, my hands were trembling as I read it out loud..

"N-no, this c-cant be true.." I said tears dripped down onto my phone.

"All that time and effort I spent working and studying just to get into college was all a waste.. I-I didn't get in..."

"I-I can't-t believe it, they rejected my application... Now what am I supposed to do? How am I supposed to tell her? w-wait... h-how am I supposed to face her...I-I don't know..." I lay there sitting with my arms and knees bent together crying in the dark abyss.

"W-what should I do? How will I tell her..." I sat thinking about what to do...

(1 Hour Later...)

" YOU KNOW WHAT, SCREW COLLEGE! , SCREW MY JOB!, SCREW MY FRIENDS!, MOST OF ALL SCREW AL!" (Al is her boss), I yelled out loud for the whole damn world to hear while holding my seventh shot up high.

" EXCUSE ME MR. BARTENDER, refill please!" I said, waving up my empty cup

I opened my wallet seeing that it was empty, then checking all over my pockets, it was also empty.

" Aw shit, no money" I said as I checked my wallet again

I left the bar and decided to walk home at night instead of taking the bus since I used it all up.

"Now I'm useless AND BROKE! DAMMIT! Why the hell did I use all my money for wine!"

"DAMMIT!" I grumbled as I kept walking.

"Why is it so dark all of a sudden?"

I rummaged through my purse trying to find my phone. Looking down at my phone, I turned on the flashlight. Stunned to see I was in the middle of the road.

I heard a horn from a distance, it kept getting louder and louder. A flash of light appeared as I turned to the noise.

The only thing I remember we're hearing the voices and flashes as I slowly close my eyes...

♡♡ Thanks for reading! ♡♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.2K 1.7K 17
Join Dahlia as she stumbles across the Beastworld after dying in a car wreck. While never one to ever consider herself the main character, here she w...
85.1K 6.1K 65
Join Aurora as she negotiates her way through a different world. Based on books I have read on the beast world. First book I have ever written. Creat...
167K 8.8K 58
Senexxa is a 20 year old woman. She does school online for college. She wants to follow her dad's love of field testing in archaeology. She love's th...
4.8K 222 16
Your, just an ordinary vlogger who made an interesting point but you get invited to an unexplored jungle with a team of archeologists and your t...