Recovery

By Laughingwolf78

Twenty-two year old hero Izuku Midoriya has been severely hurt by a villain attack. It's left him battered an... More

1. Mood
3. Pity
4. Hand Out
5. Memories
6. Admissions
7. Tension
8. Signs of Strength
9. Rough Day
10. Frustrating
11. Day Out
12. Morning Talk
13. Signs of Hope
14. First Step is the Hardest
15. The Final Push
16. Spoken Truth
17. Motivation
18. Date Night.
19. Progress
20. Qualified?
21. Visit
22. More Progress
23. Savior
24. Side By Side
25. Worried
26.The Wait
27. Set Back
28. Show Me
29. Testing the Limits
30. Always a Hero
31. What Moves Me
32. Welcome Home Wonder Duo

2. No

3.7K 215 201
By Laughingwolf78

The name said by his old teacher was enough to make Katsuki give his full attention while he snapped at anyone in the area to shut up so he could hear the call fully.

There's a steady banging of his heart against his chest at whatever is about to be said.

As he moves to an unoccupied side of a building rooftop he was patrolling from he pushes his shock and maybe even fear down and speaks.

"What the hell does that mean exactly?"

Aizawa takes a breath.

" It means just what I said. Midoriya needs your help. I know you know of his condition but what you might not know is that he's given up hope. He's bitter and angry, refusing most visitors and now refusing therapy sessions and even check-ups from his caregivers."

Katsuki furrows his brows a feeling of fear rising that's unfamiliar to him.

" What the hells going on back there huh? I mean I heard about him not being able to move his legs but I thought that was just till the swelling in his spine and shit went down. And what the fuck do you mean he's refusing?"

" Just as I said, refusing because he believes the therapy won't work. He's lost hope Katsuki and when that happens it has a domino effect on everything else."

The blonde listens pinching the bridge of his nose from the stress he feels steadily rising.

" So what are the damn doctors actually saying?"

" They aren't giving any real answers, mostly because I don't think they have them but I can tell most of them believe he won't recover from this."

Theres anger in crimson eyes as he fights the feel of acid creeping up his throat.

" That's bullshit! Deku is strong as fuck. He's just being goddamn stubborn right now."

Aizawa smiles at the defensiveness he knew would come.

The blonde's voice breaks in again.

" I still don't know why or how you think I can help."

" I think you might be the only one who can. You have always pushed Midoriya to go the distance to not give up or give in because he always wanted to be able to keep up with you. Out of everyone here he looks up to you the most, he has since you were children. You feed off each other, put the competitive drive in each other. We can't seem to push him without backing down when he pushes back, you will not back down. He needs almost a drill sergeant approach and I can't think of anyone who holds attitude more than you do."

There's silence on the line as Katsuki takes in the words.

He hears Aizawa once again.

" Plus you and Midoriya have the bond of being childhood friends. You know him better than most."

Katsuki scoffs eyes down on his hero boots.

" Yeah, where I bullied the fuck outta him. I mean yeah alright we were decent to each other by the time we graduated and shit but still."

There's something behind the reason Aizawa chose Katsuki, that something is that all through UA he saw what the two tried so hard to hide behind petty fights and misunderstandings.

There were feelings there.

He saw it in the way each would stare at the other when the other wasn't looking.

Saw it in the way Katsuki claimed he hated Izuku but was never far from him.

Saw it in the way Izuku would brag for hours about how great Katsuki was and how amazing his quirks were.

Watched it during training sessions when Katsuki would go brutally hard on anyone who might have an eye on Izuku.

He saw it the day Katsuki had left town to work for another agency and watched them both break down out of what they thought was everyone's sight.

The two may have never confessed their true feelings to each other but to a sharp raven-haired teacher, it had always been crystal clear.

Aizawa clears his throat.

" Still, as I said you two hold a childhood friendship and Izuku looks up to you. He won't back down but you won't either and that's what he needs."

The blonde's mind is spinning, he actually feels a little sick because he isn't sure he can do what's being asked of him.

It's not that he's not mouthy enough to handle it, bossy enough to push that nerd to do what he's supposed. It's not that he's not physically strong enough to take care of Deku till he can move on his own.

It's that deep down inside, in a place where he will never let anyone see, he's terrified.

Terrified to see Izuku in the state he's in, terrified he won't be enough to make him walk again. Terrified that the one he's always loved from a far will forever remain broken in ways he can't fix.

For once in Katsuki's life he doesn't feel strong enough to do this.

He hears Aizawa start to talk but he cuts him off in a panicked angry fury.

" No."

Aizawa raises a brow.

" What?"

" I fucking said no, I'm not doing it. I'm busy and if that nerd is too stubborn and stupid to know what's good for him then there's nothing I can do anyway"

" But Bakugo.."

" Like I said no, if Deku wants to rot in that chair then let him. I gotta go"

Line is dead before Aizawa can say anything else.

He stands there in surprise unsure he just actually heard the words he had.

He'll admit he thought the plan was foolproof and that Katsuki would gumble and gripe about it but that he would jump at the chance to play hero in a different role.

He sighs heavily, sliding his hands back into his pockets and making his way back inside the hospital where lately he's been spending most of his time.

Katsuki has now slid down the brick wall he was leaning against yanking his hero mask off with a string of curses feeling his heart ache from the tips of his toes to the top of perfect spikes.

He takes a deep breath trying to steady the shaking he feels at his core.

He feels much like he did the night his mother called him with the news Izuku had been hurt in the first place. The night he had emptied the contents of his stomach more than once, a feeling that is once again threatening his lunch.

Two strong orange and green gloved hands go to blonde spikes where he runs them through his hair feeling tears sting crimson eyes.

His minds reels as his heart bleeds with the words he just spoke to his teacher, words about a green eyed hero rotting away in a wheelchair. The thought and image are now ripping a regret filled sob from his throat, one he hardly realizes is him.

But it is him and on top of a towering building with his knees pulled up and his face buried in them, Katsuki Badass Bakugo, Japan's number one Hero is sobbing like a baby.

Eight hours from where Katsuki is a now defeated looking raven-eyed pro walks down a hospital corridor where he sees hopeful eyes staring back at him.

Four heros jump to their feet in anticipation.

" So what did he say?!"

" Yeah, when's he coming?!"

" Should we head to the airport now?!"

" Will they need a place to stay?"

Aizawa is a strong man, never letting his real emotions be seen on the surface. He has both seen a lot and been through a lot in his life but between the condition of his favorite problem child and the failure of his plan and now the look of the four standing in front of him who at this moment look like children a single tear escapes his eye causing the four to go wide eyed at the sight.

" He's not coming."

Shock radiates through the group.

" What?!! What do you mean?!", Kirishima yells.

Aizawa shrugs.

" I mean just that, he said no."

Denki furrows his brows.

" But why? I mean I know him and Midoriya didn't always see eye to eye but things had gotten better. I .. I don't understand."

Shoto scoffs.

" I do. Bakugo is still a self centered jerk who cares only for himself."

Sero shakes his head.

" No way, I don't believe that not when it comes to something like this."

Kiri pulls his phone out in a panic.

" I .. I gotta call him, this is crazy. He ..he cares I know he does!"

Aizawa meets his eye.

" That may be the problem."

They all snap attention to the pro hero.

" What?", Denki questions.

" Sometimes when we care too much and have no control over a very scary situation that might not turn out the way we want it to its easier to keep distance from the situation, it's a form of self-preservation."

The four exchange looks.

Kirishima sighs.

" Yeah I get it I guess but.. but I'm still super disappointed in him man. We all hurt over this, especially Mido."

Aizawa gives a slight smile.

" Yes, and that's what we must focus on now is helping him through the hurt even when he doesn't want us to. Now, I think you four should head out and get a break from here, tomorrow is another day and we'll try again. I'll remain here in case he needs anything. I'll see you four tomorrow"

They reluctantly leave, leave a teacher to try and desperately come up with a plan B.

When the next day does roll around Aizawa finds himself standing in an extremely irritable green eyed heroes room trying to calm his former student down.

" But Midoriya, it's a good thing that they feel as tho you are ready to leave here and go home. I thought you would be happy about that."

Green eyes narrow.

" Why would I be happy about that?! I can't take care of myself properly yet! Where am I even going to go?! I'm not going to my mom's, she has enough going on and she isn't strong enough to lift me when I need to be! This is ridiculous!", he snaps

Four friends had also amazingly made it into his room today and they too were trying to soothe the greenett.

" Mido, please calm down bro. You can stay with me! I can lift you man, it won't be a problem." Kirishima chimes in with a hopeful grin.

" Yeah! And if he's busy I can help!", Denki adds.

Izuku shakes his head no.

" Guys I get what you're trying to do and I love you but no way am I going to be a burden to my friends who are super busy trying to be heros like I use to be"

Sero frowns.

" You're still a hero Mido. You're off your feet right now but that doesn't make you any less a hero"

Izuku laughs bitterly.

"Some hero. I can't even make it to my bed on my own let alone save anyone."

While the argument in room 214 rages on down a couple hallways a male walks with intent.

Baseball cap pulled down low, white and black Adidas sneakers hitting the shiny white title floor with purpose. The Stranger makes no eye contact, keeps his eyes straight with a harsh intense gaze.

Hands are tucked in the pockets of his hoodie and there's a black bag slung over his shoulder.

He nears the room, ears picking up the sound of argumentative bickering.

Izuku sighs in pure anger and frustration. Tears of anger fill his dull green eyes.

" Kacchan was right. He was right when he named me Deku, right when he told me I was useless and that I would never be able to do anything right."

When the last word left his mouth his hospital room door was harshly kicked open making everyone jump at the sound and stare with wide eyes at the loud bang that nearly took the door from it's hinges.

The male in the door way picks his head up, narrowed crimson eyes now seen as he pulls off the ball cap from blonde spikes.

" Oi, who the fuck are you to sit there and put words in my mouth huh nerd?!"

Green eyes are wide with shock.

" K-Kacchan?"

Katsuki takes a step inside dropping his bag at the door not making eye contact with anyone else except the greenett.

He moves across the room now standing right in front of Izuku.

" That's right you stubborn bastard, look who's home."

A/N

Oof I'm loving this one like I did when I started to write worth saving.

Our tale continues

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

136K 3.9K 58
♥︎♡♥︎♡ Izuku Midoriya's world comes crumbling down. He's all alone in a world with no one to care for him. He ends up in the streets. When he disap...
27K 1.5K 16
Last Year things got complicated for Katsuki Bakugo when at a Christmas party he kissed his childhood friend Izuku Midoriya under the mistletoe. It w...
8.8K 528 5
Twenty-three year old Hero Dynamite, Katsuki Bakugo is having a day like any other while he fights a villain alongside his husband Pro Hero Deku. Tha...
1.1M 30.2K 39
RANK #1 IN BAKUDEKU ON 12.4.22 🍓 Izuku Midoriya is just a useless kid without a quirk. Bakugo Katsuki is a ticking time bomb aiming for the top. W...