Paralyzed (Tboah!AlbeCale)

By CaleBarr0w

(HIATUS)"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santanaya //A young Alberu... More

1) Wrong Kitchen...nvmd this shit's good af
2) Meet Vinny, a professional gambler
3) Breaking News: the 2 MCs have startled the hell out of each other
4) Crown Prince? nah, vacuum cleaner
5) Vacuum Cleaner? Nah, full time maid
6) An Impressive intermission, aka timeskip
7) How to Annoy a lout: starring Neo Tolz
8) Cale Shows up to the grand noble meeting and plays fun mind games
9) 👀 👀 Pt. 1
10) Cale gets Complimented <3
12) His Majesty's 50th birthday party caused quite the explosive reaction.
13) Cale needs a helping hand. Preferably a left one.
14) The Fun Chapter
15) His Highness, Crown Prince Fuckface
16) Deruth the Bullshit eater
17) Poor Hans needs a raise, especially bc of what will happen in the future.
18) Time to Party
19) Cale Interrupts, then seduces third prince with only 4 words
20) The moment you've all been waiting for
21) BuSiNeSs PrOpOsAl/Cale rats on Assturd
22) Lol 'safe'? What's 'safe'?
23) Emergency report this mf
24) Deruth no longer holds the bullshit eater title
25) Orange Hair is a bitch. Hans is baby <3
26) When misunderstandings cause Kidnapping, mental trauma, & attempted murder😅
27) Koala!Cale clings onto a confused crown prince
28) memory loss go brrrr
29) Ever peeled a banana before? Imagine that but with someone's face.
30) Choi Han cameo? Whaaaat? (Also told u it wasn't mpreg)
31) Cale drinks some water, but make it spicy (with a sprinkle of trauma)
32) COUGH-shirtless Cale-COUGH COUGH
33) Cale is sick and it's karma for you guys calling him hot
34) Rumor Reveal
35) Alberu regrets feeding Cale's alcohol addiction lol
36) Bud and Gleeeeeenn cameo
37) He's the perfect pillow, your honor
38) Angsteru Crossman's feelin' guilty uwu
39) Two bros, chillin' in a carriage, 8in. apart cuz of Bud's driving skills
40) idk what to name this chapter but it's chaotic

11) 👀 👀 Pt. 2 (Alberu~)

925 53 18
By CaleBarr0w

A/n: Some of this is copy paste from the novel, but it's edited and important for story flow. Credit to Yoo Ryeo Han for those parts.

Sometime before the royal family entrance...

"Auntie, am I really cut out for this?"

"Haha, just stand still so I can straighten it properly."

"..."

"Oh, you were being serious?"

"Haaa. Just fix my coat."

"Alberu, you are the most qualified person I know. You have worked harder than all your siblings combined, and without backing from the royal family at that. Your question is a stupid one."

"... I guess you're right."

A disguised Tasha stared at her nephew with an unimpressed look as she finished adjusting his coat. She brushed nonexistent dust off his shoulder and walked past him, her confident voice ringing throughout the large office.

"I'm dead serious, you know. I couldn't have done what you did. None of it was an understatement."

Alberu just looked down at his shoes. For some reason her praise didn't affect him as much as it used to. Like some part of him knew she might be lying.

He was forced to raise his face when a finger lifted his chin gently.

"Keep your head up high... Gosh, how are you so handsome like this as well, it's not fair."

"Hah, you say that like multiple palace attendants haven't expressed their fancy for you."

"You're one to talk, your stack of unanswered marriage proposals are nearly as tall as me! Mr Never-getting-married has no right to talk to me about love. Plus...It's true, I look like an average human in this form! All my extravagant beauty has dissipated, it's so depressing!"

Alberu watched in amusement as his aunt dramatically flopped a hand over her forehead. She really was good at making him feel better. A quick glance at the clock brought his worries back however, even if they were at half strength now.

"Haaa, it's nearly time. How do I look?"

"..."

"What?"

Tasha could not ignore the obvious resemblance he had with his mother. She studied his features with nostalgic melancholy. They really were so similar. But she knew if she mentioned her, that his mood would sink again, even if he tried to hide it.

"Stunning, my dear nephew. No one in the kingdom could ever compare."

"Hmm, then it is good enough. And just in time, too."

"Ah, is it that time already? Well I wish you the best of luck."

4:50 pm. It was time for him to start heading towards the meeting hall which should be filled with nobles by now.

Walking out of his office, he quickly greeted his small entourage of underlings and attendants that would accompany him to the hall.

As he started walking towards the correct room, he came across the second and third princes who were also heading to the same destination, with their respective people as well.

Their conversation was short and uncomfortable, just like usual.

"Oh, your highness, you're here right on time, as expected."

"Punctual as always. Let's walk together, since we're all here."

"Sure."

Soon enough, they came across the large double doors to the hall. They all glanced at the clock. One more minute to go.

'3...2...1.'

Screeeeech-

The second he entered, a servant was ready to announce his arrival. Alberu made sure to stop that from happening, this was a place he did not need an entrance handed to him. He could make one himself.

As he stepped up to his podium, the doors latched closed, sending the room into silence. All eyes were now on him.

He put on his brightest smile and most confident voice, and started his greetings.

"Welcome. Thank you for responding to my invitation."

'There are many fresh faces among the successors.'

"Precious individuals who will make this kingdom shine, the future leaders of our kingdom, this prince is very happy that all of you have come to this gathering."

As he talked, he looked over all the faces throughout the room, one by one.

It was at that moment.

The crown prince turned his gaze towards the table near the entrance. For a moment, a head of bright red hair caught his attention. That seemed to be the famous Cale Henituse.

'Wasn't Basen Henituse supposed to attend? Why did they switch at the last second?'

Out of the corner of his eye, Alberu noticed a guard asking with their eyes if he was alright. Damn, he had stopped talking for too long.

He resumed his introduction speech hastily before anyone caught on that he was getting distracted. After another 30 seconds or so, it happened again.

The movement of color in his peripheral vision caused him to glance back over to the Northeastern nobles' table, which made him accidentally make eye contact with Cale.

He looked away after a reasonable amount of time, but something about Cale made him want to keep looking. Alberu felt like he had met him before, but he couldn't recall such an interaction.

Anyway, he was nearly done with the starting announcement for the meal.

"I... wanted to gather together the individuals who will bring forth the future of our kingdom and share a meal together. Thank you all for showing up, and I hope we have a wonderful meal."

As soon as he finished speaking, the servants entered with plates of food for each table. An orchestra started to play background music from the back of the hall as well.

His first mini speech was done. Alberu breathed out an unnoticeable sigh. The next event of the evening was the numerous greetings with the nobles.

He disliked talking with such greedy opportunists since he couldn't let his guard down for even a second, but that was almost second nature for Alberu anyway.

'One...Two...Four...Six...'

As he was mentally counting the number of nobles which came up to him, something pulled his attention away for a moment.

It looked like the Northeastern nobles were taking their turn next.

Alberu observed each of them. Cale was the only one who looked relaxed. In fact, he seemed loose enough to gulp down half a glass of wine before standing up leisurely. Alberu was struck with déjà vu once again as he watched Cale brush back his hair.

For some reason his heart was beating a bit faster, as if anticipating his arrival. He kept feeling like he knew Cale from somewhere. It was bugging him that he couldn't remember where.

'Here he comes.'

"Oh, our Northeastern nobles!"

Alberu made sure to welcome the four of them with a bright smile. He had been shaking hands with everybody who came up to greet him as well, so he also stuck out an open hand towards the Wheelsman heir.

"Your highness, it is great to see you. Eric Wheelsman greets his highness for the first time in a while."

As he talked, he felt Cale's eyes boring holes into him. Well, there were still priorities he should mention before interacting with the other three.

"Yes, yes, Mister Eric. Don't we have something to talk about?"

Eric responded back to the crown prince, who brought up the Northeastern shoreline investment issue with a bright expression.

"Yes! I have been waiting for a good moment to discuss it with you!"

"I am also waiting for that moment. You are the intelligent young master of Count Wheelsman's family. The Wheelsman family is responsible for the entrance to the Northeast region, and has been doing a very good job. How could I push that off?"

Alberu continued to use his glib tongue to praise Eric, and then Amiru and Gilbert as well. The entire time, Cale was staring at him.

Finally,

He reached his hand out to Cale who in return, slightly bowed his head.

Alberu watched him closely with something akin to anticipation— how would a trash act towards him? Alberu secretly hoped it wouldn't be the usual sucking up. A trash's reaction would surely be more entertaining.

"Mr. Cale of the Henituse family, that is responsible for the edge of our Northeastern region. It may be my first time meeting you, but, thanks to Count Deruth's good work, we are no longer afraid of the Forest of Darkness. You don't know how reassuring that is for me and everyone else."

Alberu's quick thinking skills aided in his search for bottom of the barrel compliments. It was definitely more difficult to find praise for someone who seemed to only commit foul acts.

"I heard that Mister Cale is a very free spirit. I'm sure this is because the artistic souls of the sculptures in the Henituse territory have given you an epiphany? I feel like your free spirit makes your soul very pure."

"Yes, it's an honor to meet your highness. And thank you for the kind compliments. This young master will remember this day for years to come."

Cale Henituse's response was noticeably shorter than everyone else's, but other than that, nothing special.

"... Is that so?"

Cale continued on in a slightly lower voice as they firmly shook hands. Cale's hands were rougher than a typical noble's. The palms also looked bruised.

'Interesting.'

"Indeed, your highness. I may not be able to sleep at night now that I have personally met you."

'Oh? It looks like even a trash has to suck up to royalty. How disappointing.'

"... Mister Cale seems to be a bit different than the rumors. I hope we get the chance to meet again, you seem like an interesting person."

"Your highness, such a statement is only flattery. I would believe you more easily if you knew my personality from personal experience, and still said the same thing."

Alberu let go of Cale's hand from slightly delayed shock. Cale stepped back without a word, moving behind Eric Wheelsman.

What Cale absentmindedly said was on the verge of calling him a liar and a suckup, and yet he said it so naturally without blinking an eye, that Alberu nearly missed it.

'So he does have a bold streak.'

Alberu observed Cale with more curiosity than he previously had, before turning his gaze over to Eric.

Eric started to speak with him once again.

Sometime during their chat, Alberu did not miss when Cale Henituse yawned openly. It seemed everything he did caught Alberu's attention in one way or another.

'How strange.'

...

All throughout the meal, Alberu's eyes regularly drifted towards the Northeastern table. Specifically, Cale Henituse.

Like right now for instance, he was eating strawberries and cherries as red as his hair.

However, it was almost time to wrap up the meal portion of today with a closing speech. Alberu stood and walked back to the podium, taking a deep breath as he did so.

"It was a pleasure to share this dinner with all of you tonight. I have prepared a simple wine party for those who may be interested, so please enjoy yourselves. Ah, I have also prepared a spot for all of you at the birthday celebration that is coming up."

'Maybe he will stay since there's a wine party... Well, anyway I'll be able to see him again at the birthday get together. I should make sure to specifically invite him rather than Basen.'

"I hope that you will all be there to share in the joys of the day. Then, let us conclude this dinner."

As he said that, he looked toward Cale Henituse again, who was now chugging down his last wine glass. A normal person would be at least tipsy now, but Alberu suspected he had a larger tolerance for alcohol than the average man.

At the same moment, Cale's eyes met his own. He was already disliking the amount of eye contact they had made during this event, but he just had to go and add another to the count.

He smiled a slightly awkward but polite smile in response to Cale's blunt deadpan.

Maybe he wasn't completely boring.

A/n: Writing glib dialogue is difficult, I'm not cut out to be a noble. Also there's gonna be some juicy action soon, stay tuned.

Thx for reading.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Maze By tara

Teen Fiction

85.4K 6K 34
(CURRENTLY REVAMPED!) (The Slices of Life, #1) For years, one thing that had always bothered Serena Wilton is the idea of reconciling with a past fr...
56.4K 2.9K 16
How do you feel when you Saw someone who looked exactly like Someone that was supposed to be Dead? "Cale-nim...?" "That Is My name. Do I know you?" F...
25.6K 1K 7
"I love you. Every last bit of you is mine and every last bit of me is yours." ~ ♡ ~ A complication of Alberu x Cale Oneshots for AlbeCale week~ Warn...
54.4K 3.4K 22
°•Lets meet again in our next life, kim rok soo•° ♡"The moon looks beautiful tonight"♡ 《Cale Henituse x Reader》 The abandoned princess and the ex-com...