What I Left Behind

By dinaAbu

She loves him and he loves her. But that is as friends of course. Blake Gray and Ethan Bradley are the clos... More

Prologue
What I Left Behind- Chapter 1
What I Left Behind- Chapter 2
What I Left Behind- Chapter 3
What I Left Behind- Chapter 4
What I Left Behind- Chapter 5
What I Left Behind- Chapter 6
What I Left Behind- Chapter 7
What I Left Behind- Chapter 8
What I Left Behind- Chapter 9
What I Left Behind- Chapter 11
What I Left Behind- Chapter 12
What I Left Behind- Chapter 13
What I Left Behind- Chapter 14
What I Left Behind- Chapter 15
What I Left Behind- Chapter 16
What I Left Behind- Chapter 17
What I Left Behind- Chapter 18
What I Left Behind- Chapter 19
What I Left Behind- Chapter 20
What I Left Behind- Chapter 21
What I Left Behind- Chapter 22
What I Left Behind- Chapter 23
What I Left Behind- Chapter 24
What I Left Behind- Chapter 25
What I Left Behind- Chapter 26
What I Left Behind- Chapter 27
What I Left Behind- Chapter 28
What I Left Behind- Chapter 29
What I Left Behind- Chapter 30
What I Left Behind- Chapter 31
What I Left Behind- Chapter 32
What I Left Behind- Chapter 33
What I Left Behind- Chapter 34
What I Left Behind- Chapter 35
What I Left Behind- Chapter 36
What I Left Behind- Chapter 37
What I Left Behind- Chapter 38
What I Left Behind- Chapter 39
What I Left Behind- Chapter 40
What I Left Behind- Chapter 41
What I Left Behind- Chapter 42
What I Left Behind- Chapter 43
What I Left Behind- Chapter 44
What I Left Behind- Chapter 45
What I Left Behind- Chapter 46
What I Left Behind- Chapter 47
What I Left Behind- Chapter 48
What I Left Behind- Chapter 49
What I Left Behind- Chapter 50
What I Left Behind- Chapter 51
What I Left Behind- Chapter 52
What I Left Behind- Chapter 53
What I Left Behind- Chapter 54
What I Left Behind- Chapter 55
Epilogue/Playlist

What I Left Behind- Chapter 10

1.9K 43 5
By dinaAbu

Chapter 10 

Blake's POV

I wouldn't be surprised if we all got kicked out of the hospital. Ethan's room was bombarded with the football team and their 'championship galore', that it was causing the whole floor to shake, literally. Charlie and I were sitting in the waiting area giving them time alone. Wesley was the first to exit the room without anyone else behind.

Charlie's eyes flicked from the magazine she was reading to see Wesley. She turned her head back down to her magazine after a few seconds of ogling him. Caught.

I rolled my eyes, "I'm surprised you all weren't thrown out by now." I said standing up to talk to him.

"Same. Coach Moore isn't even bothering to shut them up too." He said chuckling.

Charlie got up from her seat, "You look decent. Going to a strip club at only five in the evening?" She asked raising her eyebrow.

"No, I realized I forgot to do something and wanted to look nice for it." He said grinning.

Charlie rolled her eyes, "And what exactly is that Pretty Boy?" She asked him.

"My victory kiss." He said grabbing Charlie's lips and planted them on his before she had any time to refuse. I felt so awkward standing beside them, thankfully Drew walked out of Ethan's room giving me an excuse to leave them.

"Hi loser." He said walking over to me.

"Hey dork." I replied.

"Why are you waiting out here alone? Where's Charlie?" He asked curiously.

I giggled. "She's over there making out with the hooker." I said pointing behind me to where they were sucking each other's faces. Gross!

He raised his eyebrow and got a clearer look, "Wesley?!" He said in shock.

I giggled, "Yep. The man whore captured her interest." I said glancing over at them quickly before regretting it. Like come on! We're in a hospital for god's sake!

He glared at them for a while. His face was so serious. He looked like he was giving himself an ulcer by how stiff his body was.

"Earth to Drew, you alright there buddy?" I asked trying to get him out of his stance.

He refocused his eyes on mine, "Yeah sorry, just dozed off for a second." He said.

"That's disgusting." He said fake gagging making me giggle a little.

"Oh and you not hooking up with your sex goddesses isn't?" I said sarcastically.

He tickled me for a little bit making me squeal. Bless him, he was the only person that made me feel a little happy again.

"I'm going to go to the café to get Ethan apple juice. That jackass has me running around like a damn maid for him and his apple juice." He said before walking off towards he elevator.

"Have fun." I said winking at him as the elevator doors closed.

 Right then, Charlie found me, "You can come back you know. I didn't strip for him or anything." She said winking. I giggled.

"So what was that all about?" I asked, plopping down on a chair.

"Er uh, it was nothing." Charlie said blushing. What a terrible liar. She was worst than Ethan when it came to lying.

"Spill now Char or I'm going to chase down Wesley and find out myself." I said nudging my elbow into her side.

She sighed, "It was a late victory kiss, that's all." She said flipping the front page of a magazine, trying to cover her face from blushing.

"Charlie Samantha Hale, you like him!" I said anxiously, grabbing the magazine from her face and dropping it to the table beside us.

"I do not!" She said crossing her hands over her chest.

"Hell yeah you do. You blushed! You never blush over a guy unless you have a crush on them." I said sticking my tongue out.

She smirked, "Since when did this happen?" I asked curiously.

"Since ten minutes ago. I guess between the fighting and bickering, there was some feelings there for the both of us." She said blushing like a child.

I smiled. I loved seeing Charlie happy. I just hope that Wesley wouldn't break her heart because god knows what that player will do.

"I'm happy you're happy, but be careful. I don't want to see you hurt." I said putting my hand over hers.

I could tell by her facial expression that she knew what I was referring to. She nodded and gave me a half smile. I smiled back at her reassuringly.

The football team came out laughing making all the nurses shooting death glares towards them. Coach Moore was still with Ethan as the boys made their way over to us.

"You girls finally come out of the closet?" Jack, one of the players on the team said to Charlie and I.

I realized why he said that. My hand was still on Charlie's. Wow. Jack sometimes said the stupidest shit.

"Totally. We're putting on a show later tonight back at my place." I said sarcastically.

"Damn that's hot. Mind if we join?" He purred making the whole team laugh.

"No problem. Everyone can come but you Jack." I said smacking his butt, passing by him and the team over to Ethan's room.  I heard them all laughing as I left. Charlie stayed back with the boys probably to flirt with them. What a crazy girl.

I knocked on Ethan's door inviting myself inside. I hadn't been with Ethan all day long because of all the visits he had. "Hope I'm not interrupting anything." I said walking over to sit down on a chair.

"Not at all. I was just leaving. You take care Ethan. I'll call to check up on you tomorrow." Coach Moore said heading over to me.

"Goodnight Blake. Take care of yourself," He said patting my shoulder.

"Night coach. Thanks for coming." Ethan said waving bye at him.

Coach nodded and left. It was getting dark outside so Ethan flicked on his light beside the bed. He yawned and rubbed his eyes. I didn't want to keep him up any longer. He seemed exhausted so I got up and grabbed my stuff. I started putting on my coat when Ethan started to speak.

"Where do you think you're going?" He asked making me turn around to face him.

"You should get some sleep. You seem exhausted. I'm going home. I'll come back tomorrow." I said walking over to his bed.

He frowned. "I haven't seen you all day and you're leaving me already?" He asked running his hands through his light brown hair.

"You need your sleep." I said.

"Come lay with me." He said patting the spot on his bed, motioning me to lie beside him.

"Uh, I don't know Ethan." I said with my voice getting soft. I didn't want to lay with him. What if I hurt him?

As if he was reading my mind, "You wont hurt me. Now take your coat off and get comfortable. You're not leaving anytime soon." He said lifting the blanket. I did just as he asked and slowly slid in next to him. I was so afraid I would hurt him that it took me minutes to get comfortable.

I turned my back into his chest as he hugged me from behind. I tried not putting any pressure onto his body, afraid that I would break him at any moment. He rested his head on my shoulders and sighed happily. I smiled.

"Sweetheart." I heard someone say. I felt a light tap on my shoulder. I opened my eyes. I felt Ethan's arms wrapped around my body and his face tucked in my back.

I saw the nurse standing in front of me, "Sweetheart it's getting late. I let you stay an extra hour but I'm afraid you can't stay any longer as visiting hours have been way over." She said sympathetically. Crap what time was it? I squinted my eyes and looked at the clock. It was eleven thirty. Crap! We've been sleeping since six!

I nodded at the nurse and watched as she left. I tried moving out of the bed but Ethan's hold of me only got stronger. Damn that boy was strong.

"Mhmm Blake. What are you doing?" He mumbled with his voice all husky.

"It's late. I'll come back tomorrow I promise." I said getting out of the bed slowly, afraid of hurting him. I put on my coat and grabbed my stuff.

"Love you. See you tomorrow." I said giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"Love you too. Call me when you get home. Be careful." He said looking at with concern written all over his face.

"I will. Night." I said leaving his room heading home.

Not sure when I'll be posting up the next chapter, sometime soon though so stay posted! Also, feel free to pitch me ideas. I'm all ears. Thanks for reading :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

310 8 51
Ethan and Braylee were best friends since second grade. They stuck together through thick and thin through their childhood years, up until Ethan chan...
1.1M 14.2K 33
Allison is 16 years old. She lives with her mom and older brother Alex who is 17. What happens when she goes to a party and gets in a fight with her...
4.2M 81.6K 28
Sophie's parents have shipped her off to a boarding school in Spain that can provide a better education for her. Now, after two years, her grades hav...
77.3K 2.9K 44
Book One of the Jubilee and Blake Series All our lives we are told that life is just a series of critical choices, some big, some small, and all impe...