Marie and her Humanity

By roseavelien

Marie's thoughts. More

Marie and her Humanity

0 0 0
By roseavelien

It was a though day. Even for someone like me, who doesn't show her weakness to the world. But... I am human too, right? So I cry. I scream.

I sit. I pout. I think. I sob.

I feel too, just like all people do. If I am  just a human like you all around me - why you expect so much from me, way more than you do from yourself?

You get tired, so do I. Let me rest. Let me sleep. Let me eat. Let me dream. I'm just a human after all.

"Marie, could you do me a favor?"
No, I'm too tired for that. I think.
But my lips and voice box act otherwise.
"Yes! Of course"
Marie, stop torturing yourself.
Maybe people aren't the ones who want much more from me, maybe I'm the one who takes all of it on herself? Realisation comes to my mind.

You have to stand for your emotions too, Marie. You should know your limits.

I know them, Marie. It's just that I can't say 'no' to anyone. I'm scared of their reaction. I don't want to make them mad. I need love and acceptance.

Well, maybe, Marie, you should change that? Teach yourself how to disagree. You're kind of pathetic this way.

Oh, that's an easy thing to say, Marie. You know I will never do that. I'm just a weak, little, dumb human after all. Scared of the outside world. So I should stay in my little, comfort box forever.

Oh, you think so? Well, okay. You do you, Marie. But you will regret your decision, just like you always do.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 427 65
who would you be if your world ended? A collection of my freeverse and rhyming poetry in 4 chapters that form a journey. Punctuation is stylized. All...
17.5K 637 95
" Nadiyon se behte khwaabon mei dub Alfaazon ko taraash rhe hum tairne ki koshish na karo Saahil nhi hai idhar, gehra samundar hain hum" My fi...
1.6K 14 27
May these poems serve as companions on your own journey, offering glimpses of light in the darkest of nights, and reminding you that even in the dept...
1K 56 7
#1 ranking in POETRY as of June 2024 Love is here. Love is there. Love's in the air,everywhere. Enjoy your favorite love poems and fall harder for yo...