Never Left Me (Completed)

By GenHope

"Even when we departed you never left me. I carried everything you said to me and did for me even when we wer... More

Description
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four, Part One
Thirty-Four, Part Two
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three
Fifty-Four
Fifty-Five
Fifty-Six
Fifty-Seven
Fifty-Eight
Fifty-Nine
Sixty
Sixty-One
Sixty-Two
Sixty-Three
Sixty-Four
Sixty-Five
Sixty-Six
Sixty-Seven
Sixty-Nine
Seventy

Sixty-Eight

6K 472 292
By GenHope

With the townhome packed up ready for the move to their custom built home, Gee and Magenta have been staying at his mother's house. It's a full house with Gen's mother coming into town from Dallas and Seven staying here as well. They're all eagerly anticipating the arrival of baby boys birth. It's great they're all here because they've been helpful.

Magenta's officially full term, so now it's a waiting game. And there's every sign he'll be coming soon..

Her bump is starting to sit lower indicating the baby is "dropping." Her body is preparing for labor and delivery.

Nesting kicked in at one point and it was strong. She had way too much energy that she nearly redid Misty's house. And Misty being a woman didn't take too kindly to her things being reorganized.

Every night Magenta bounces on a pelvic medicine ball with Gee behind her. She'd bounce away hoping it induces her labor or makes her water break. She wants this baby out.

His wife's belly protruded as she lay on the couch occasionally asking Gee to come feel the kicks. Every now and again she'd convince herself they were hard enough to call their doctor.

Even as Gee felt the pings of their child's life against her skin and his palm, he did not feel like it was his.. His baby.

He thought he was prepared until these last few days. His mind lingers with Matteo's words and face. His thoughts have been overtaken by what he's bringing his child into. But honestly, no matter how much he prepared, Gee doesn't feel completely confident going into this. Simply because it's his first child.

He watched Magenta get physically and mentally prepared. Maybe he underestimated his role because he's not the one doing the hard part. He doesn't feel ready.

Gee still couldn't overcome that feeling when Magenta was in early labor. Partly because Gen called their doctor after what she thought were Braxton hicks. The doctor had to tell her to come in, so with packed bags they were on the way to the hospital.

It was go time. He told and called everyone who needed to be informed. Even then his mind was like a whirlwind.

At the hospital, Gee's nerves were all over him. When he sat his leg bounced profusely. He occasionally popped himself with the rubber band on his wrist. At some points he had to stop himself, feeling like there's no room for his anxiousness. At 18, maybe, but he's 28 now with a baby on the way. Regulate and figure it out.

Magenta was in active labor. It was a rollercoaster. She was all smiles after her epidural in contrast to how she was earlier. But then she was back to aching in pain on the hospital bed.

Gee looked into her eyes and told her, "Everything will be okay." He somewhat believed it. They deserved a family; he deserved to be a father. Right?

He tucked his nerves and uncertainty away in his pocket to be there for his wife. He needed to be a good support system along with their mothers who are also in the room. His role is just as important because he's her safe place.

He knows Magenta's biggest struggle is the ownership of her body. Her birthing plan focused on that. He had to make sure she was okay with all the hands and eyes in the room. This would be the worst time to become triggered from her past sexual assault.

Gen couldn't let her emotions get the best of her. And she trusted Gee to bring her back if they did for a second. They were hand in hand as he guided her towards the finish line. He used his way with words to talk her through it.

Time moved slow, but it was a fast labor compared to women who had been pushing for hours down the hall. The baby was born after 30 minutes. Seconds after their child was into the world, the doctor lifted him up showing Gee the miracle of birth.

On January 11th at 11:12pm, Mazi Genaro Wilson was born at 8 pounds. He was born on his grandfather's birthday coincidentally enough. They were sent a sign.

It made sense to give him his grandfather's name as his middle name. It means January and that was the month he was born in. It also comes from Roman mythology. Janus is the god of transitions, duality, beginnings, and endings. It symbolizes looking into the past as well as into the future.

At first they just plopped the baby on Magenta without even asking. She didn't feel in control of her body right after birth. Not safe enough to hold a baby right after an extremely mentally, emotionally, and physically traumatic event. She's still in pain, so she says, "Please, give him to his Dad."

Genesis wasn't exactly ready either. He didn't want to do anything wrong. They wrapped Mazi up and put him in Gee's arms like that's where he belonged. Meanwhile, Gee was lost. Am I a father? he questioned himself.

Having a baby is one of the most surreal experiences someone can have. With these doubts flying around his head he pushed them aside to do skin to skin until Magenta could calm down.

Thirty minutes later the baby was put onto her chest and into her arms. She rubs her nose against his as tear rolls down her cheek. He couldn't believe how natural it came to her.

They had flipped roles. When it was confirmed she was pregnant, she was the unsure one and he was ready.

"What was the time he was born?" Gen asks in a low voice. He informs her and she smiles, "Born on 1/11 at 11:12. We got married on 11/11. It's the angel numbers for me! C'mon spirit!" He laughs at her whispering but with excitement.

They didn't even know they were having the same exact thought as they looked at one another. Gee didn't think he could fall deeper in love with her until he saw her give birth to their child.

She didn't think she could fall deeper in love with her husband until seeing how supportive he was during labor.

At the same time, Gee looked at their baby. He felt something, but he couldn't describe it. Maybe he wanted to automatically feel this transformative, undeniable love for his creation.

For the remainder of the night he moved on autopilot. He took his mother, mother-in-law, and the nurses advice. He did everything he was told with nervousness.

At some point Magenta complained about the treatment one of the hospital employees gave her and their baby while Gee was gone to get lunch. After saying it she finished with, "Don't be mean to them. Just talk to them."

"I'ma talk to 'em... But I'm gonna find out why the fuck he was being rude to my wife who just gave birth. He needs to show a little respect and compassion. I'm still gonna get on his ass. He's gonna understand when he sees me."

Magenta rubs her forehead. Her face is makeup-less and the edges on her braids are sweat out. She knew she shouldn't have told him. "Never mind," she tries to backtrack.

"No, I don't know if he thinks you don't have anybody or what. Mutha fuckas think they can talk crazy to a woman when a man's not around."

It was obvious when Gee got the hospital employee together he doesn't play about Magenta or his baby. He was in full protection mode and will always advocate for his wife. Even then, Genesis still had doubts.

The days and nights went on: He slept next to his son and wife in the hospital bed, swaddled him, held him, and changed him. Gee was amazed at the life smiling up at him. However, the connection was a loose-hanging thread. He had not come to terms with who he was.

A man? Husband? Father? Son? Brother? What does it exactly mean?

He felt that way when they left the hospital and he put Mazi into the carseat for the first time. The entire car ride he was quiet in deep thought.

They walked into his mother's house and he felt bad carrying him over the threshold. He felt like he was already fucking up by not having a proper household to bring his child home to.

One was packed in boxes and the other was done being built, but it has no furniture because it's all on backorder. That means no proper nursery for their newborn. Instead they're staying in a guest bedroom.

Entering Misty's house they're met with a warm welcome for both the baby and Magenta. There's balloons and flowers waiting on them that Gee ordered. It still didn't feel like enough. Gen smiled and thanked him with a kiss, but it didn't feel good enough.

After putting Mazi down, Gee went to the kitchen. There's a birthday cake with a picture of Genaro holding Gee as a baby. Misty was going to celebrate her late husband's birthday, but she got an extra gift in her grandchild.

He wondered if his father ever felt the way he does now...

He got an unexpected answer. Gee was glad to finally get much needed sleep, but his mind was busy even then. He couldn't escape the questions that roam as he has a dream about his father.

It was an odd experience. Before when Gee would have visitation dreams about his dad or feel his presence he'd get scared. He'd purposely wake himself up right before he actually saw Genaro.

This time he came to Gee and there was no running.. In the dream his father hugged him and they laughed all night while talking.

Genaro told Genesis he loved him. He expressed how proud he was of his son for turning his life around. He told Gee he was the chosen one to carry on this family's name. It's what he needed to hear.

Although, the visit was also painful. Genaro had to get some hard truths off his chest.. "Seven's becoming a living embodiment of my sins. For that I'm sorry," Big Gee apologized. "I'm sorry I left you guys with my mess to clean up. I'm sorry I made you two believe you had something to prove to me."

There was something unspoken. Genaro didn't need to say it explicitly. They shared a look and just knew. It was true what Destin said before Seven killed him. Genaro had no intentions of turning in those tapes to the police. He was in too deep with his gambling addiction that he lost all sight of integrity. He did use them to blackmail to try to get out of his debts.

Genaro felt guilt and ashamed. His last days were spent not living right. To the point it cost him his life.

To the point his son's believed he was truly such a good man they should jeopardize their freedom to avenge his honor. In reality, Genaro wasn't. He didn't deserve retribution.

Genaro didn't know that no matter what Gee's perspective of him would never change. He did too much for his son for one lapse in judgement to change everything he did over two decades.

He could only wish to be half the father his was. Considering the circumstances, Genaro did the best he could. Good or bad, Gee would learn from his accomplishments and his mistakes.

"But he's going to be okay. You're going to be okay.. You, Seven, this baby. All you need is your son." When Genaro said that Genesis believed him. In his father's embrace he felt like a little boy again. It felt so real to the point Gee woke up anew and transformed. It was comforting.

Jumping out of his sleep, Gee sits up breathing heavily awakened by the cries of a baby. Flipping the covers back he takes a second to gain his composure. He rubs his burning eyes knowing he needs to get used to these sleepless nights because there's many more to come.

Looking over at Magenta, he can see her beginning to wake up too. "I got it," he tells her.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, go back to sleep." Seeing her bury herself back into the pillow, Gee picks up his son from the bassinet. Not wanting his cries to further disturb Gen's slumber he carries Mazi downstairs where he sits in a recliner. In the stillness of the night, he realized it's his first moment alone in days, weeks, or months to comprehend this time.

The first thoughts were of his father's passing. For some reason he thought about the phone call from his mother that he was found not breathing. His mother's cry on the phone, the long flight home to Kentucky, the disbelief of seeing his father's home still intact when he landed.

Years before, Gee remembered sitting in that dining room telling Genaro about starting his management company with Kross and Destin. Genaro looked proud but skeptical. Months before that he watched his son lay in a hospital bed after being shot. He wanted his son to finally leave the street life and was getting his wish.

It was at that same table that Gee presented his father with keys to his dream truck after a year being in business. The next year he told his father he could retire and Gee began paying his bills.

He never thought his father's last breath would be him laying on the floor next to that very table. And it was because of two people he thought were friends and business partners.

Gee imagined he'd be here to meet his son, but the room was as empty as his heart. As tears pooled under his lids, he pictured the moment when he was standing next to his father's casket in the church.

He could remember Genaro telling him there's three stages of manhood when he went off to college:

1. A man has to learn how to take care of himself.

2. Then a man has to grow into learning how to be responsible for his family.

3. Then ultimately a man is awakened to the responsibility of his community.

Manhood used to be rooted in money and getting it at any means necessary for Gee. Not anymore.

He learned if a man does not have a vision he'll always revert back to his history. It's vision that will thrust a man into destiny. Knowing what your one thing is and committing yourself to that.

Then that moment came... His child calmed in his arms, and the ache in his chest beat on his. Mazi was no longer crying, but Gee began to weep like a baby.

He felt something grow inside of him. He sobbed uncontrollably as fear and terror took over his body. The first real weight of parenting took over. Everything hit him like a ton of bricks.

He begged, "Please, help me do right. Please, help me be a good father. Help me stay out of trouble."

Here he was totally responsible for this life. This baby is completely and utterly dependent on it's parents. He relies solely on them.

Gee wondered if he could do it. He thought about his own father and everything he meant to him. What if his son doesn't feel the same way? What if they're not as close? Or what if Gee disappoints him?

After much hardship, Gee's dreams were finally fulfilled of having his own family. He wanted this his whole life, so why is he feeling this way?

He has something to live for. He has something to get back home to. That means something to him. That means everything to him.

He doesn't want his son to feel like there's something he's ever missing. That he has to go to the streets to get it or another man.

Like Genaro often said... I'm gonna be there for you until I can't be there for you... then I'm still gonna be there for you because of the plans I have set in place for you to be okay whenever it's over. Whenever I'm gone off this earth.

Gee has thought of a million ways to get revenge on Destin's family for what they did to his. Right now he's filled with absolution even with Matteo's threat. Something he might've done before, he might be slower to do it now because he knows he might not get back home to his son if he does it.

Vengeance is gone. Pride and ego to not let someone get over on him is gone. The only thing on his mind is protecting this innocent baby.

It's his turn and he can't fuck up. Gee's duty on this earth is take care of this human being he was blessed with. There's so much weight that comes with anything to do with children. But he's ready to carry it like it's a feather.

It was then Genesis knew: He's mine and I'm his. He's the father he always hoped for.

In that moment he was inspired to become more intentional about fatherhood — to examine who he wants to be in the eyes of his child.

Weeks have passed since Magenta gave birth. Mazi is a few days past one month old. It's been nothing short of an experience. The adjustment has been hard. She didn't know what motherhood would look like for her...

She remembers so much exhaustion and tiredness. Long nights of feeding, sleep deprivation, and crying. She had moments of feeling weak, tired, and hopeless, but that's the real test.

At first she wasn't doing good mentally. Gen was all over the place and simply questioning if she was a good mother, a good friend, a good daughter or a good wife. She wouldn't go as far as saying it was postpartum depression, but she was in the thick of it.

It was when Mazi looked right at her and it's like she felt him telling her it'll be okay. It was that moment that she felt like she could do it. Gen became more relaxed mainly because Mazi keeps her laughing and smiling. It's like he senses every emotion she has and becomes calm. His peace washes over her.

Gen feels like she's become stronger in this short amount of time. The doubts, fears, and wondering if she can actually do this have melted away. She's glad to be on the other side.

That's why when she woke up super anxious this morning she didn't understand why. After establishing a routine things have gotten much better.

As she sits up in bed she looks around the room wondering why she feels this way. She checks her phone and the security cameras, but there's nothing alarming.

Magenta's still trying to adjust to peace, stillness, and happiness without a cost or challenge... It's different.

There's no more trial now that Caprice has been sentenced. No beefs or enemies that she's aware of. No more family drama that directly concerns her. And a calm relationship that doesn't feel like an emotional rollercoaster.

She has to remind herself to breathe. She lets herself cry when she needs to, with understanding or none. She's learning and experiencing. Baby steps some days, extremist on others. Present in all. Healing isn't linear, and knowing that set her free emotionally to accept life as it changes. When the good things show up it's important they remember they're worthy of them.

Rising from the bed, Magenta looks over at the empty bassinet. She doesn't worry because she vaguely remembers seeing Misty come in during her sleep to get him. She's glad to have the extra help between Gee's mother and hers.

The only problem is they didn't anticipate still being at Misty's house. She's ready to move into their newly completed home, but with no furniture that's kind of hard.

Gen quickly runs through her morning routine before heading downstairs. "Uhh," she looks confused. Her eyes don't even know where to go. She's trying to figure out why there's bouquets of roses and balloons covering nearly the entire living room. "It's Valentine's day," she mumbles to herself.

Luckily, she got Gee's gifts in advance, but it being today slipped her mind. Magenta hasn't gone out much since she gave birth, so she didn't even think of today's plans.

"Now who the hell is going to clean this up?" Misty asks coming down the stairs holding Mazi. Gen naturally reaches for him kissing his face. "And not nan one of these are for me. What kind of son do I have?" she asks looking at one of the cards attached.

"Actually, I think these are for you," Gen says reading one herself, but they're definitely not from her son. "Are you dating?" she whispers.

"Don't tell my son. Just like y'all kept your wedding to yourselves, Mamas deserve secrets too." Gen laughs because she mentions it every chance she gets.

"You think he'll get mad?"

"Well, he's never actually saw me with anyone else besides his father."

"No one? Y'all broke up all the time though."

"Shit, that doesn't mean anything. I didn't let any of my men around Gee. He could've told his Daddy and blown my spot up. Genaro was crazy when he wanted to be."

She chuckles. "My mama used to tell us dudes were our uncles." They both go to the kitchen where she begins to prepare a bottle for Mazi. Double tasking she nibbles on breakfast that was fixed by a chef. "Where is my baby daddy at?"

He went all out and isn't even here. Gee knew bagels and muffins would touch her old soul. And the fresh flowers brought her simple joy. It's the little things.

"I think he said he had to run some morning errands and he'll be back."

Right as Misty finishes her sentence the front door is opening with Gee entering. "There's Daddy, my honey bun." Gee lights up in a smile at the sight of them. Now every nickname she called him, she uses them for Mazi too.

She releases her hold on their son allowing Genesis to take him. A smile washes over her face. Gee has been a blessing. He's still just as hands on as he was during the pregnancy. It's rare you see men jump at the opportunity to take paternity leave like he did. He takes charge with the baby when he needs to. Watching him and Mazi has been one of the sweetest bonds she's ever witnessed. It already reminds her of Gee and Genaro.

He checks the time on his watch saying, "I don't know how long it's going to take you to get ready, but I should tell you now we're going out tonight."

"I know, but it all slipped my mind. I didn't get an outfit. Who's going to watch the baby?" she questions more so trying to find excuses.

"You still have time to go buy something."

"And Mazi?" She mainly looks at Misty hoping she's the one watching him. Her or Tempest. Those are the only people she trusts with him, especially since she hasn't been away from him long.

"Can't. Me and Tempest are doing a late Galentine's day night out." It's not a lie. They're going on a double date apparently.

"Actually, Choice. I booked a hotel room for a staycation, whatever the hell it's called. He's going to keep Mazi overnight," Gee says casually.

"You have lost your damn mind. I'm not leaving my son for a whole night. Damn sure not with my brother who has no kids," she says with shock.

"It'll be fine. He's been doing good with taking care of your niece and she's an infant."

"A bigger reason he shouldn't. Can he handle a newborn and one-year-old by himself."

"He can do it. We're going out, end of discussion. You- We haven't gone out since Mazi was born. You go to the store and doctor's appointments. That's it."

He's right. She's still on maternity leave, so her world has revolved around their son.

"Fine."

"Good," Gee kisses her forehead. He hands her a debit card making her give a playful face. "You know what you need to get."

Magenta spent the next couple of hours shopping. She's trying to find something to wear that she actually likes, but she hates it all.

She has that same sentiment while getting ready at home. This is another part of the transition to motherhood she's trying to get used to. She knows her body's healing... Once again, but there's lingering feelings.

This is probably the first time she's put makeup on and got dressed up since giving birth. It feels good to get somewhat back to the norm. At the same time, she's now being faced with the thoughts of her 'snapback'.

Her postpartum body went up three sizes. She knows that she lost a lot of weight due to depression and stress over the years of the trial, but she got used to being that size. She's now back to her freshman 15, still having baby fat weight, and she doesn't like it.

Standing in front of the mirror she decides to not let it get to her. She's not going to beat herself up. She views her imperfect skin as liberation. As a survivor she struggled with ownership over her body during pregnancy. In the end she feels like it was healing and empowering. Her body was able to grow and sustain life. It's about being comfortable and in control.

Magenta proceeds with getting ready having to be satisfied with what she sees. As she's putting on her heels, Gee enters the room asking, "You ready? We have to leave soon."

He's looking down grabbing her packed bag for the night and when he finally looks up at Gen a smile crosses his lips. "What?" she asks shyly.

"The way you're lookin' I may fuck around and go for baby #2 already. I'm not even gonna cap."

He snakes his arm around her waist making Gen shake her head. "Don't start."

"I'm serious. How many weeks has it been? Has it been six weeks?"

"Six weeks would be the anniversary we started dating. We have one more week."

"Then I guess we're going out to celebrate that too."

"Normal people don't celebrate it after getting married. You celebrate your wedding anniversary."

"Nah, we're celebrating them all." She smiles because he wasn't that type of person before being with her. "Do you mind turning around for me?" Gee makes the spin motion with his index finger.

She purses her lips already knowing what he's going to say. "Really?"

Gen does a slow turn anyway. "It's all back there. Draggin' a wagon!"

She tries to hold in a laugh but gives in. "This is shapewear keeping me snatched in all the right places."

"Nah, that's all you. Been you."

Not too long later, they leave to Choice's house. As soon as they park, Magenta sits in the passenger seat not moving a muscle. Genesis is already out of the car with the backseat door open. He's taking Mazi out of his car seat, while she's panicking deep down.

"Why can't we take him with us?" She whips around.

"Nah, you're not doing this. We're going out... alone. Soon you're going back to work. Same for me when I have to start going back to traveling for meetings. This is the time for us to go out together. He'll be okay."

Without another word Gee closes the backseat door. Through the front windshield she can see him heading towards the open front door of the house where Choice is waiting. With a huff Gen gets out of the car going to her husband and brother.

"Are you sure you can handle this?"

"What kind of question is that? I can handle my nephew for a night," Choice says with self-assurance.

"But both him and CC?" She looks into the living room seeing their niece on the floor watching tv.

"I got this, man. I watched him that one time. Come on," he reaches for the car seat and Gee hands it over with no resistance.

"Wait, let me hold him, kiss him, hug him, something," she reaches her arms out only to be blocked.

"Absolutely not. He's sleeping. I don't need you waking him up then he starts crying," Gee says sternly. He hands the bag to Choice that has everything the baby needs before ushering Magenta towards the door.

"Bye, my Mazi bear," she blows an air kiss like he can see or hear her. He's knocked out cold.

The entire car ride to the hotel, Magenta cried while being laughed at by Gee. It's the first time she's been away from the baby for more than a few hours. "You're really sittin' up here doing all these dramatics when we all know Mazi is a daddy's boy."

"Since when?" she snaps her neck in his direction in offence.

"He always smiles or cries and reaches for me. He always wants to be with me," Gee pronounces proudly.

With a hand on her chest she responds, "I will not take this slander. He's a momma's boy." She thinks on it for a second then adds, "You know what? I'll let you have that. I want him to be a daddy's boy. We have our own bonds with him."

"You started to think about it and realized I'm right," he chuckles.

After checking into a hotel, they go to the first part of their night. That entailed courtside seats at a basketball game; part of Magenta's gift to her husband. Now they're at a private dinner booked by him.

Sitting at a table set for two they had decided on a new goal for holidays - They're going to sit down and talk about their goals. This includes spiritually, financially, and professionally. A new added goal is regarding their marriage.

They spent the next hour talking and laughing over their dinner. She realized quickly that this outing was needed. Now ready to exchange gifts, Gee asks, "Who's going first?"

"Your first," she says quickly.

"Nah, you always go first."

"Yeah, because you end up giving better gifts. I think I got you this time." Gee puts his right fist over his left open palm and Magenta knows what he means by that. She chuckles doing the same saying, "Best 2 out of 3 gets to go second.

They play rock, paper, scissors and Gen luckily wins. "I let you win., I'll take my L. You know what they say happy wife happy life."

She chuckles. "So now you let me win. Yeah, aiight."

He laughs getting up to get the gift bags. "Do I make you happy, bae?" Gee asks extending the first one.

"Of course."

"I'ma see if I make you happy." The first thing she opens is a bright blue micro lady Dior handbag. She chuckles that the card says it's from Mazi knowing it's really from Gee. "Look inside."

Magenta reaches into the bag holding up an envelope. He nods to indicate that's what he wanted her to pull out. She rips it open taking out the papers. Reading over them she realizes they're documents to registering livestock. It's for a horse, a cow, and an alpaca.

She immediately bursts into a fit of laughter mostly out of excitement. "We're really about to have a ranch?" Gen bounces in her seat. Now it makes sense why Gee was hellbent on fences being put up around their house already.

"This is a start."

"This is too funny... and cute. I love it. Thank you," she leans in kissing him. "Looking at our dreams coming true."

Her smile makes Gee say, "Don't start crying."

"I'm not, yet." She playfully fans her face. She wants to save her tears because she can see herself crying for Genesis when she gives him his gift. "My turn!"

She happily gets his gifts letting him open a small jewelry box first. It's a diamond championship ring with their dating anniversary, their wedding anniversary, and Mazi's birthday on each side.

Gee checks out the ring twisting his hand to see it shine. "Oooh, you went to Iceman Nick?" He asks as she slides his next gift across the table. "Another envelope?"

He opens it with confusion seeing a check written for a very large amount. "I want you to put in your resignation at Capitol Music Group." His eyebrows raise. "I know you're unhappy there."

"Oh, shit," Gee says under his breath. "I don't even know what to say."

"Are you going to do it?"

"H-hell yeah!" He pushes out. Gen can tell he's in disbelief. "Are you sure? I don't even know what I want to do. That's why I've stayed so long," he holds the check up.

Magenta shrugs. "Take your time then. I know you'll figure it out. Just like you gave me the space to figure out my next move in my career. Just like you helped me start my business. You deserve support too. You deserve the space to be free. I rather that than you going to a job you hate, especially with a company that shitted on me and did me dirty," she throws in the jab.

Gee laughs shaking his head. "I really don't know what to say. A nigga's speechless right now."

"You can start with thank you and we can figure the rest out later," she waves it off.

"I love you." Gee stands up from the table coming around to her. For the next minute that's all she heard as she basked in the words of love and kisses.

After dinner they go back to their hotel room for the night. Magenta couldn't help herself from hiding in the bathroom about to call Choice to check on the baby.

She unlocks her phone and it's the first time she's checked it all night. She's had it on do not disturb. Now she sees a bunch of missed called from her mother and Cortlen.

Exiting the bathroom she asks Gee, "Have my momma and Cort been calling you?"

He checks his phone too saying, "Yeah."

"It must be an emergency." Her heart's now beating fast with worry thinking something happened to Mazi. She calls Tempest and once she answers, she asks, "What's going on?"

"I'm sorry to ruin your date night. I just wanted to inform you, Choice got arrested. I have the babies, so you don't have to pick Mazi up from Choice's house."

"Arrested? For what?!" That draws Gee's attention and she puts it on speaker phone. Multiple people came to mind when she heard that. It could be Fade, his involvement with Kross, or Big Bleak catching up to him.

"He got arrested for the murders of Big Bleak and his crew... again."

"They can do that?"

"Yeah, because Cortlen took his charges and Choice was released. Choice never went to trial, so it's not consider double jeopardy."

"They must've got more evidence to say he did it," she groans. "Okay. I think Gee and I are just going to call it a night and come home."

"No, you're not. There's nothing any of us can do about him getting arrested now. We have to wait and see if he gets a bond. Until then enjoy your night."

Magenta sighs as they hang up. "Can you believe this?" She looks at Gee. He looks out of it. He almost looks sick. "Why do you look like you've seen a ghost?"

"The tape... They must've got the recorded confession," he mumbles.

"What?"

"The tape Destin got from Choice's ex. I need to tell you something...." Gee clears his throat.

___________

Thoughts on the birth? Gee's feelings?

Choice getting arrested again? Do you think Destin's uncle, Matteo, had anything to do with it?

Comment / Vote💫

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119 1 20
He's her whole world. No one understands him like she does. They're a perfect match. Too bad he doesn't know she exists.
57.2K 3.4K 29
You keep me open I'm so devoted to you.
176K 3.2K 57
We made a bond from the very beginning I found my homie and my best friend I'mma be there for ya till the very end No matter what, no matter what...
264 3 22
Story about soulmates.