The Woman at The End of The W...

By VRLove7

Vanessa Taylor, a sassy blue haired, tattooed cosmetologist with a mouth of a sailor was born and raised in O... More

authors note
prologue.
new message.
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twentyone.
twentytwo.
twentythree.
twentyfour.
twentyfive.
twentysix.
twentyseven.
twentyeight.
twentynine.
thirty.
thirtyone.
thirtytwo.
intermission.
thirtythree.
thirtyfour.
thirtyfive.
thirtysix.
thirtyseven.
thirtyeight.
thirtynine.
forty.
fortyone.
fortytwo.
fortythree.
fortyfour.
fortyfive.
fortysix.
fortyseven.
fortyeight.
fortynine.
fifty.
fiftyone.
fiftytwo.
fiftythree.
fiftyfour.
fiftyfive.
fiftysix.
fiftyseven.
fiftyeight.
fiftynine.
sixty.
sixtyone.
sixtytwo.
sixtythree.
sixtyfour.
intermission 2.0
sixtyfive.
sixtysix.
sixtyseven.
sixtyeight.
sixtynine.
seventy.
seventyone.
seventytwo.
seventythree.
seventyfour.
seventyfive.
seventysix.
seventyseven.
seventyeight.
seventynine.
eightyone.
eightytwo.
eightythree
eightyfour.
eightyfive.
eightysix.
eightyseven.
eightyeight.
eightynine.
ninety.
ninetyone.
ninetytwo.
ninetythree.
ninetyfour.
ninetyfive.
ninetysix.
ninetyseven.
ninetyeight.
ninetynine.
intermission 3.0
onehundred.
onehundredone.
onehundredtwo.
onehundredthree.
onehundredfour.
onehundredfive.
onehundredsix.
onehundredseven.
onehundredeight.
onehundrednine.

eighty.

385 10 0
By VRLove7

(Trigger warning!)

Vanessa POV

I startle awake when a door is slammed somewhere not so far away. The echos bounce off some unseen walls.  I glance around, realizing I'm shrouded in darkness, unable to get my bearings. I let out a stream of curses from under my breath. I groan as a migraine begins to overwhelm my senses. I clutch my head, panting from the pain. I block my eyes with my hand as a second door swings open, a light from the outside world blinds me. The headache growing more intense and excruciating as the seconds tick by. As I peer away, I note that I'm in nothing but a bra and a pair of underwear. What the fuck?! Where the fuck am I?

After a few long antagonizing moments of returning to the land of living, I recognize that annoying Bad Day song by Daniel Powter is seemingly playing on a loop in the background at an astonishingly aggravating level. Fuck, I always hated that song. I moan, putting my head between my legs.

I try and fail to recall my last memories; how the hell did I get here? I was speaking into the radio, attempting to get Rick's attention when everything went black. I didn't see or hear anyone, the hell? Oh my god! Charlee... Aaron... I close my eyes, begging and pleading with the universe that they are still alive and kicking.

"It's about time you woke up, little minx. I thought Justin killed you before I had my fun. I heard you really made hm mad before he was supposed to grab you; might've hit you harder than he was instructed to." I feel the blood rush out of my face at the sound of Owen's greasy tone. I slowly turn my focus on the open door. I carefully stand, rushing him, connecting my fist to his jaw, snarling. He shoves me down, smacking me across the face. He grips my hair, fist kissing my face. I crumple to the ground as he lets go, black dots dancing into my vision. "Nah, we ain't doing that. I know better." He chuckles darkly as he gestures to someone out of my sight. "I had plenty of time to prepare for you."

I catch sight of the outside room as Owen steps out of the way. I must be in the basement of some  abandoned house. It doesn't have the features most stores or factories would have. I hear moans of walkers coming from that area, accompanied with chains rattling. 

I fall to my knees as a darker male savior I've never interacted with drags in a figure that I had assumed was long dead. "Dad?" I squeak, mouth falling open in fear. "What? How?"

My eyes urgently search his body. He's much frailer than I remember. His hands are being restrained behind him. I watch as his older, wrinkled face twists in pain as they force him inside my own jail cell.

Owen laughs, "if you try that shit, again, James is next." James is here? I sob as he produces a pistol, aiming for my dad's head. I bring my hands to my eyes, unable to watch the nightmarish scene.

"Wait," my dad speaks weakly, "you're gonna kill me, fine, but can you please give me a few minutes with my daughter to say goodbye? James and I have done everything you asked."

I crack my eyes open, observing Owen cocking his head as he takes in my father's request. "Fine. Ten minutes, 'cause I'm not entirely a monster." I let out a sigh as he steps out of the open door.

My father drags me into his arms, we cry together, "honey, I thought I'd never see you again," he whispers into my ears. "I hear the stories these people tell." I nod, unable to speak through the panic and sobs, "you got four groups that love and protect you, and you do the same for them. Yet, I hear something about this fearless man with a crossbow that stole my babies heart?"

"Daryl," is all I'm able to offer. "I got stuck in Atlanta..."

"Ah, yes, that's it." He chuckles, but it quickly turns into a coughing fit. "You got babies, too? Twins, I hear."

"Caroline and Kellin."

"I wish I coulda met them. Boy and girl, right? I've seen pictures of all of you. You looked happy. Baby," he brings my face into hands, forcing me to look at him, "I'm proud of you. Motherhood looks good on you." He brings his lips to my ear, "fight like hell to get out of here. Don't let him take my daughter from this world. This world needs you." I nod against him, choking through the sobs. My fingers intertwining with his, trying to soak up as much of his love as I can.

"Tori is back there, dad. Aaron and her boys are dead." I offer. "Kelly was there, but we lost him. Charlee and Wren are still alive..."

His blue eyes widen at the news, lips pursing into a thin line. "I'm glad you guys found each other, again. When you get back to her, tell my oldest daughter that I love her and I'm proud of her, too." He returns his lips to my ears, "get back to your family. Get back to those babies. Please." He pulls away, smiling through the tears falling down his face, "I love you, so much."

"I love you, too, daddy." I gasp. "You would've loved Daryl. He's a no bullshit, take no shit, beat everyone senseless just for being stupid kind of man, but he adores me." He nods, acknowledging my statement. "If I knew you were alive, I would've went back for you."

He shakes his head, a frown etches itself into his face, "don't do that to yourself. Whatever he says, this will not be your fault, it's his. I'm an old sick man living on borrowed time. I'm at peace..." He places a kiss to my forehead. I close my eyes, allowing tears to escape from my soul. I wrap my arms around him, pleading for a miracle that I know is not coming.

"Time's up!" Owen's voice returns to the room.

"Remember what I said, I love you, my beautiful daughter."

BANG! I flinch as my dad lays unmoving and limp in my arms. I'm immediately showered in the blood that ran through his veins. I rest my head against his, noticing he took a shot to the chest; a fatal blow to this heart. "I love you, daddy." I sob, barely able to get breath inside my lungs. "I'm sorry..." I hang my head as they drag his body away, not fighting back, listening as they chain him to the corner near the door. It doesn't take a rocket scientist, or a Eugene, to realize I'll be stuck inside this dark room with my father's rotting corpse, reaching for his first meal until he wins or I'm out of here. "You really are a monster, Owen," I spit, seething, empty anger and hot fear setting my flesh ablaze.

If my family is able to locate and rescue me, I hope they are smart enough not to enter blindly or they will go down under my father. Oh, dad. I feel my soul shatter into a million pieces. I just got you back. 

The same person who brought my father to me, sets a can of tuna and a bottle of water in front of me. He grins down at me before turning his back, leaving me alone with my father's body, and Owen.

Owen laughs, "I guess you're right. Eat up." My eyes don't leave his as he reaches into his pocket. I flinch as he tosses something in my direction. When I feel like I'm moderately safe, I peer over, eyes widening; it's a photo of Daryl. I glance back up, glaring, "If you behave, he, your children, and James will remain safe. I have people watching your beloved, waiting to take him out. I'll see you soon, minx." He closes the door, returning to shrouding me in darkness. I allow the sobs to rack my body. Daddy, I'm so sorry I ever brought him into our lives. I will avenge you.

Daryl POV
24 hours later.

I raise my crossbow, beginning to pick the walkers off of the bridge. My eyes flick to Rick, frowning, putting his hand up, begging us to stop. I shake my head; in my peripheral, I spot as the rest of the group, takes off, taking up separate positions, lending a hand to Rick. He has to fucking get out of this. We need him to stay with us.

"Daryl!" Charlee's soft tone breathless. I peer anxiously over in her direction while continuing to take out as many walkers as I can. Her brown eyes widen at the scene on the bridge. "Uhm, Vanessa's missing. I tried looking for her, but all my leads were dead ends" She sputters at my attention. Fuck, I knew something was amiss. Especially when Charlee didn't immediately return to camp.

"Ya didn't think to fuckin' tell me sooner?" I growl, rage eating me alive.

My heart sinks into my stomach further as an explosion rocks the ground. I return my focus to Rick, watching the bridge erupt in flames. Rick's gone and so is Blue. Son of a bitch. I hang my head, growing angry under the heart shattering pain. The universe took my brother and my wife in one fell swoop.

I feel a hand brush along my shoulder, "I'm sorry, Daryl." She offers, "I should've told you sooner, you're right." I hear her sigh, "I need to find the others so they know." I nod, watching her take her leave. The groups are not going to take the news of losing two of our best people at the same time well.

I reach into my pocket, producing a picture I had taken of my wife at the prison. I plead with the universe that she'll be found and returned to me. Regret pulls at my soul, remembering we didn't leave things on the best of terms. I'll make it up to you, Blue. I run a hand along my face, heading towards camp, feeling torn in two different directions. 

Vanessa POV

I feel my body become jelly. I scrutinize the empty can and bottle suspiciously. What the hell? I bring my hand to my head, realizing my headache is finally gone. Good riddance. That was torture, I muse. However, the comparison doesn't escape me as the direness of my situation really settles inside my soul like an oily residue. I glance in the direction of my father as moans begin to escape his lips. "Welcome back, I guess," I grumble. I curl into myself in the corner of the room, hiding my face with my knees. When a thought occurs to me, "James? Are you really here?" I shout into the air, voice feeling alien to my own ears as I trip over words, slurring.

"Yes, runt, 'm here." I nod, returning to folding into myself. I will try like hell to be the good girl Owen wants to protect my brother and family. 

I should only be here a few days tops, right? Daryl and Rick should be leading a search party. I know they won't leave me like this... right?

My eye lids grow heavy. I shake my head violently, forcing myself to stay awake. I can't be left with my guard down, but my head keeps falling. What the hell did they give me? Or is it the exhaustion of everything from the last few hours.

"Little Blue," My neck snaps in the direction I heard the voice. Abraham?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103 16 6
Juno moved to Atlanta Georgia with her two younger sisters Venus and Bellona to start a new life. Everything was going great for the three sisters. J...
191K 5.4K 49
Carol glanced back and her heart stopped when she saw the scars crisscrossing her back and her unevenly healed ribs making her torso lumped in a few...
98.6K 2.4K 49
Aubree Rae Morris. Only 23 when the world went to shit, a second-year med student with an internship at her local hospital under her mother's watchfu...
29 0 10
A girl who waited her whole life for this moment was met with a cold reality check. In this story Natasha wished something more would come out of her...