Missing Piece

Por xxAiri

Bounty hunter, "Bloody Boa" Charlotte, has perfect track record. How she manages to keep a 100% catch rate is... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 30

212 10 5
Por xxAiri

The Heart Pirates passed through the long hallways in silence. The only sounds being the clinking noises of the metal cuffs and their echoing footsteps. Their wrists and ankles bounded together by metal as the fishmen lead them to their cell. The Heart Pirates had successfully made it into the underwater island, but not without trouble. They failed the custom inspection that all entering ships had to undergo.

Shachi waited until the seahorse fishmen were out of earshot before commenting, throwing his bound arms behind his head as he lazed into the wall behind him. "If Cole was here, he'd probably make a comment about how even when not present, Charlotte still causes us trouble." Shachi grinned.

The inspection went horribly when they found a pair of severed legs that they couldn't exactly explain for.

Penguin matched the mood, adding, "Didn't help that Captain didn't clean up after his experiments." He remembered the horror on the inspector faces as the stumbled upon the rest of severed body pieces in the blooded surgical room. Charlotte was right. Law had been busy experimenting again. His face cracked up and his laughter spilled anymore. "The scream they made when severed pieces moved!"

Law smirked. That was a funny response.

The pirates joked around a bit more, laughter filling up the empty cell and hallway. It wasn't until the guards left that and the lights turned off did, one by one, the pirates turned towards their leader, eyes silently awaiting next orders and muscles ready to break free from the easy cuffs they had put on them.

Law matched their look knowingly, elbows rested against knees and body leaning forward. "We are going to get our stuff back." The inspectors had confiscated the submarine and everything on it when they failed the inspection and locked them up after for being dangerous and suspicious.

"And what about Cole and Charlotte?" A shudder went through the Heart Pirates at the thought of the two stranded together. Hopefully the two hadn't killed each other yet. "We don't even know where they are. Or if they're okay..." A shared worried look cross the Heart Pirates faces. The current was strong when they were separated, plus Charlotte was a Devil Fruit user surrounded by sea water. "Do you think they arrived at Fishman Island too?"

"They're fine. They're alive." Law promised, chin resting on locked hands and steel grey eyes staring forward. Charlotte wasn't one to go down that easily. Neither was Cole.

"I wonder if they know where we are."

Law leaned back, crossing one ankle over knee, and cradling his neck with a hand hammock. "She will. She found us before. She can do it again."

Charlotte twisted around at the tell-tale chime of the door opening, a large smile plastered on to her face. "Welcome to Mermaid Café! I'll be right with you!" She greeted over her shoulder and placed the parfait sundae down for the table before her.

"I wanted the raspberry pistachio one, you lying fake." Cole complained under his breath. Still sour at the turn of events.

Charlotte stabbed the long dessert spoon with more force than necessary. "Be glad I'm even serving your lazy ass." Charlotte hissed underneath her breath. Fake smile ever-present on her face as soon as she floated away on her bubble ring. Baako was right. The case was right up her alley and one that she couldn't say no even if she wanted to.

Charlotte smiled gingerly at the patron. A surprisingly more normal than expected individual. There was nothing unique or any features that stood out. No tattoo, no scars, or scent of blood. If it wasn't for the familiar heat that seared across her body at the slightest touch, she wouldn't even have given him much thought. "Are you a regular?"

"Started coming here more frequently the last few months. I've always heard about this place, but always figured it was more for tourists." Kline explained and grasped at Charlotte's hand again. The glove covering it discarded from when he slipped it off her earlier. "Though, now being here I disagree... the beauties here shouldn't be just for tourists." He flirted, bringing her hand to his lips for a gentle kiss. His tongue slinking out at the last moment to prick the back of her finger lightly. He pulled back suddenly, a faint blush adhering his cheeks as he tried to excuse himself. "Sorry! The kiss caught you off-guard, didn't it? Your beauty was too hypnotic, I didn't even realize what I was doing until it was too late!"

"Is she going to be alright?" One of the other mermaids commented as she swam over to the other girls gathering in the booth behind Cole's. Strangely enough, while they didn't know much of the technician, they couldn't help but feel more comfortable behind him and his constant angry stare. Almost as if it was protective. Probably due to the fact that no one dare to bother the already soured man without invoking his wrath. No one besides Charlotte, of course, not that the look did anything to the huntress.

"She took the guest from you right?" The other asked, twin tails bouncing as she turned to the mermaid who spoke first.

The other nodded. It had happened when she was about to put the drink down for the guest. Charlotte ghosted her hand over hers, blocking her hand from Kline. "Charlotte-chan said to stay away, but she looked to be in pain at the time." His hands wrapped around Charlotte's instead.

"Do you think he's the guy in Madam's vision?" The other whispered quietly and the other gasped, turning around in unison towards the table where Charlotte was at. The action far too animated and in sync to be subtle.

"It's amazing how Charlotte-chan figured out it so quickly. I mean, he looked so normal. Don't you think so?" They snapped their heads over the divider, eyes locking onto the silent male brooding in the other table.

Cole jumped at the sudden pair of eyes and intense stare. "Yeah..." He grumbled under his breath, unable to disagree. He had thought she'd be the same while on a job but he was wrong. She was more serious, hard to read, and most of all dedicated. There was nothing she couldn't do, if there were, she'll learn it with zest. Anything to get the job done. Though that begged the question, where was this focus in her hunt with Law? He sighed, pivoting. "Who's the handsy guy anyway?" He hated to admit it but if she was. They'd lose their Captain by now. His face soured at the thought.

"A recent regular. He's a scorpionfish fishmen by the name of Kline."

What the hell? Cole scoffed, blowing at non-existent hair away from his face. Hazel eyes watching the two flirting. Kline showing off by creating a doll out of thin air. The plushie looking just like the mermaid Charlotte. I thought the target was supposed to be some guy named Joval?

The night before in the backroom of Mermaid Café, Charlotte squinted at the mermaid leading them. She looked rather familiar. The woman laughed, seemingly in the same thread of thought. "I'm Camie, by the way!" She explained and Charlotte let out a 'oh' in recognition. She was the mermaid in the fishbowl.

"Madam Shyarly has been expecting you." Madam Shyarly, Baako's unrequited lover, and the fortune teller who saved them, and the real client behind this case. Camie paused by the large doors, examining Charlotte closely. "I've never heard of a mermaid drowning before."

"That's because I'm not a mermaid." Charlotte corrected easily despite her tail curled behind her. "I'm a human who traded my legs for a fish tail."

"WHATT!?!? YOU'RE A HUMAN WITH A FISH TAIL!" Cami shouted, crashing and opening the large doors as she jumped back. Her mouth opened comically wide. Charlotte simply nodded as if it was commonplace to trade legs for gills.

"That's interesting and does your fish half work properly?" Shyarly asked as Charlotte floated into the room. She shifted her smoking pipe away to speak and the large mermaid reminded Charlotte of Shakky. Charlotte lifted her tail and swung it out around her, using the force of the action to propel her forward. The tail was large and heavy compared to her normal appendages, but it moved just fine.

"She drowned because the dolt's weak to sea water." Cole explained lackadaisically from the threshold, and Charlotte shot him a look. "She ate a Devil Fruit and is cursed to drown in sea water." Cole continued. "Idiot's dream was to swim with the fishes..." He picked up Charlotte's tail. "...leading this stupid exchange of events."

Charlotte pulled her tail back with a slap to Cole's face. She stuck her tongue out at him and turned towards the large shark mermaid. "I hear you have a job for me? I have you know I don't normally take requests, but you managed to get that stupid squidface to pull some strings and here I am."

"I'm begging you! Just hear out the request at least! Please for the sake of my love!" Baako insisted. Unfortunately for her, Baako wasn't someone she could say no to.

I'll help with the stupid hunt, but you never said I had to play you up! She was still pissed about being cornered to taking on a job. She exhaled slowly, platinum eyes flashing as she looked up at her client. "While Baako's right in that the job is interesting, I have to ask. Why me and not him? You must know that he's my mentor. He'd come back out of retirement in a heartbeat for you."

"Master Baako?" Camie interjected after handing Cole a cup. The gunman took a sip and almost spat the brown liquid out. He had asked for coffee not chocolate milk. "That man is hopeless in front of Madam Shyarly." She giggled, remembering how he went from the buff dramatic male everyone knew him by to a stumbling, weepy, jellied mess each time Shyarly is as much as in the room.

The two pirates blanched at the thought. Charlotte was first to recover, filing the horrid yet hilarious thought away for future blackmail. "Why me specifically."

"I know because you're a bounty hunter... who is against slave trading. The kidnappers plan to sell my mermaids off as slaves." Shyarly responded.

Charlotte's eyes darted towards the large pearl fortune ball in the back of the room. "And what makes you think that?" She asked carefully eyeing the large mermaid.

"Camie once told me a story about the people who saved her from being sold off as a slave. One of those people wore a red scarf like yours." Shyarly answered easily but the look in her eyes spoke of a different reasoning. Of more details that she had stored in her head. Details she shouldn't have known.

"Oh, now that you mention it. I do remember someone with a scarf like yours! Except it couldn't be her, she had legs. Charlotte-chin has a tail."

Charlotte blinked at the kissing gourami mermaid. "No, that was me. I got my legs chopped off, remember?"

"THAT WAS YOU!! WAIT, YOUR LEGS WERE CHOPPED OFF?!" Camie shrieked, jumping back and her mouth hanging wide open again. The rest of the waitress mermaids peeking in at them were having a much more muted shock compared to Camie's. They eyed her body curiously. She could have totally fooled them. "Is that why you drowned? I've never heard of a merfolk drowning before."

"Didn't we go through this already?" Cole deadpanned while Charlotte was lost in an internal debate with herself as she sized up her prey—no, client. Client. Charlotte corrected herself, shaking sense back into herself. Baako would never forgive her if she was to harm his love, and that would put Charlotte in a very bad position business wise. Then again... she was a pirate now—No! What was I even thinking?!

"And how do you know that they'll take your mermaids? From what I can tell, everyone's accounted for." Shyarly had spoken about the future.

Shyarly's lips curled. "Barrel Bar's Master wasn't just boosting about your abilities." Cole stared at the huntress surprised. How does she even know how many was supposed to be here? This was their first time here. "When did you size up my business?"

"Did you see into the future again, Madam Shyarly?" Camie asked, worriedly, while another mermaid shivered, "Does that mean you saw something terrible is going to happen to us?"

Her premonitions had never showed anything positive to her in the past. That was why she stopped. She didn't mean to look into the future that morning. It was a complete and utter accident. She was only walking by when she caught sight of the image of her mermaids being taken away and sold off against their wills.

"And I was the one you saw solving your problem." Charlotte read between the lines. She knew something was up the moment she was called in for the job. While there aren't many in this line of work with strong morals, hunters against slavery weren't impossible to find.

The Madam lowered her gaze, avoiding eye contact and swallowed nervously. Charlotte quirked a brow. She still hiding something. "Yes, you are the only one who can resolve this."

"I'm a busy person." Charlotte interjected. She jabbed a finger to the inventor next to her. "He can tell you too. I have another target to look for." She didn't like being separated from her target. Even if she wasn't exactly happy with him at the moment. Emotions were irrelevant in a hunt. Damaging even.

Madam Shyarly snapped her head up, eyes panicked and imploring as they stared into the huntress' platinum ones. "Please! They've been frequenting the shop and I'm worried that it won't be long before they take someone. They're base of operations is at the custom inspections at the gates."

"If you already know their base of operations, why don't you just go with the authorities to arrest them?" Cole questioned. It sounded like a closed book. Slave trading was illegal in Fishman laws. If she can present to the authority proof, then they would be nothing to worry about.

"There's another man who works there... he's the problematic one. He's strong. Very strong." Her eyes flickered to the huntress. "His name is Joval."

Charlotte stiffened at the name.

Cole sighed, exasperated "She's not a bodyguard, ya know? If ya scared, bring that Baako guy, he seems plenty strong. He can protect you along with the authorities you bring over to the gates." This was dumb. It was obvious what their choice was between doing someone's dirty work and finding their captain. Finding their captain came first.

"Gate custom inspection?" Charlotte questioned and Cole pause at the girl's tense behaviour. If I recall, all ships have to pass the inspection to get in. She pondered, "How many entrances are there to Fishman Island?"

"One."

"And is this gate at the entrance to Fishman Island?"

"Yes."

Charlotte exhaled purposefully. "Last question, this Joval character... is he a big eater?"

"Yes."

"Oi," Cole stuttered, stepping forward towards the woman now. "You can't actually be thinking on taking this job! We have more important things to do like finding Cap—WATCH WHERE YOU THROW THAT!" Cole shrieked, body tense and eyes watching the still ringing blade stuck in the wall next to him.

Silently, she climbed her way over to Cole, somehow oddly capable of easily slithering over to him despite her lack of feet. She plucked her karambit from the wall next to him, with a bit too much force than necessary. "Trafalgar can wait." Charlotte said without looking at the pirate. Turning back to the large shark fishwoman, Charlotte spoke. "I'm taking this case. We can discuss payment later."

Cole stared at the retreating huntress. The other mermaids staying clear of her as she neared. His mouth wide open and mind ceasing to function properly. D-did she, the one constantly going on and on about her hunt, just said it can wait?! He watched as the huntress stepped back outside, the large double door closing behind her. The hell is going on with her?

"How is it looking, Hotate-ya?" Law questioned quietly into the small den den mushi connecting him to their cartographer. There was a bit of static from the other end before they heard the message loud and clear. And just like Law had suspected. It wasn't good.

"I don't know how to say this, Captain, but it doesn't look like we're in some holding facility." A pause. "We're being traded. Captain, we in the middle of a smuggle and trafficking ring."

"What of our stuff?" Law managed to ask before the two mechanics next to him grabbed the poor snail away, demanding to know the state of their baby. The damn traffickers better have not touched the Polar Tang!

"Polar Tang's still in one piece. For now. I can't access it through here. But I've gotten the layout down now. I can get through. The question is whether all our things are accounted for. Also, did anyone find Bepo?"

"Good work, Hotate-ya. We'll leave the sub and Bepo to you." Law stated simply, grey eyes steeling on the opponent in front of them. He ended the call, cutting off Hotate's surprised exclamation on retrieving the sub alone wasn't part of the plan. Also, what happened to the team looking for Bepo?

"Are you sure about that? Sounded like your buddy wanted help." The voice commented, gleefully but mostly mockingly. The man wasn't particularly tall or large. He was stubbier and squarer than round. But the pot stomach was only a lie to the man's strength. It was for that very reason he was dangerous. Much more dangerous than what his opponents originally imagined. He sucked on his finger, large and flat tongue pressing against the digit to lap up at the blood slipping off it. The rest of his face hidden in the shadows.

He pulled his finger free with a pop. The digit slick and shiny clean. He grinned wildly revealing a set of sharpened teeth. He threw the unconscious and bleeding pirate back towards them. How disappointingly weak.

"Clione!" The Hearts cried, catching their fallen comrade. They were quick to provide cover for Clione and Rike to take care of his wounds.

"You are the Heart Pirates, right?" His head tilted towards the side, and he took a heavy step forward. His pot stomach bubbled, and the ground crushed underneath his weight.

Law straightened, calculative eyes narrowing on the male. His instincts telling him that the man was dangerous. His strength and weight easily outweighing majority of his crew. "What if we are?" He doesn't remember ever meeting someone like him before.

The male's grin tore his face into two. He licked his lips, saliva pooling around the edges and dribbling down his chin. He was elated. "Bring her out already! Where is she? Where is Deathbringer?"

"We already told you! We don't know anyone called that!" Shachi hissed. Just who was this guy and why did he think they knew some random person called Deathbringer? The name itself was ominous enough. Who would even befriend—or better yet, why would they even want to meet up with someone who brings death with them?

A screech left Shachi's mouth before he could hold it back, jumping slightly onto Penguin who only stared blankly at him as if asking if he was serious. Their crew were really scared cowards sometimes. Their gazes shift towards the wanted poster now stabbed into the floorboards before them. Their eyes widened at the familiar face. "There's no use in lying! She can't hide anymore. Not when she's all over the news."

"I won't ask again. Tell me: where is 'Deathbringer' Charlotte?"

Their silence added to the weight on his shoulders. Cole wasn't sure which was worse, the silent questions as they waited for him to respond, or the pestering non-stop questions from earlier. Cole slid his hands along the side of his head, trying to block the many eyes peering at him. One of the mermaids swam over, taking the seat directly across from him, a smile on her face and Cole leered away, trying to find a spot that wasn't taken by one of them. Oh, he never thought he'd wish that he wasn't surrounded by beautiful woman. The crew would have at him if they ever found out.

"Do you like her?"

He spat or choked immediately or both. "HELL NO! NOT THAT CRAZY WITCH!! DO YOU EVEN SEE HER?!"

They frowned at him, "Then why? I thought finding your crew and Captain was important."

"It is!" He nodded profusely and that only confused the females more as the male remained sitting in the far booth in the corner of the café. By himself, doing absolutely nothing, but glare at the huntress.

"Are you worried about her?"

"As if I care about her!" He scoffed and they frowned at him again. What? Was there no pleasing them? "It's just..." They perked up at the added words.

Finally! They thought as he slid his elbows forwards and slumped against the table.

I owe her an apology. He finished silently. He slinked against the table, lips pursing to reach towards the bendy straw of the parfait Charlotte left him. He'd be off to find his crew as soon as he said his dues, except there was just one problem. When the hell am I going to get a chance to apologize? The woman had barely looked my way once since her target walked into the café. The damn woman was stuck to his side like—"Oi, where the hell did the stalker go?"

At the question, the rest of the mermaid turned towards where they had last seen the huntress still biding her time with the target, looking at the plush doll that the man had conjured up from who knows where. The table they were at empty and neither of the two anywhere in sight.

A scream startled them, and Cole reached for his gun instantly, hazel eyes narrowing on... nothing? He turned towards the mermaid who had screamed. Her black pigtails swaying and a look of pure horror on her face. "Oh my gosh! Did she get kidnapped by the slave trader?"

"God damnit!" Cole cursed and the group turned to the albino. "How the hell am I supposed to apologize when you go get yourself kidnapped?" They fell at the outburst. They thought that he at least be worried about her. He was the least romantic person they had met. Weren't they on the same team? "What?!" Cole looked at their crestfallen faces quizzically. 

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

4.7K 210 17
(Y/n) was very hard headed, never took 'no' for answer, and always tested her luck. She hated when people ignored her. She's one of the strongest wom...
242K 7K 31
Art + nude paintings + hot crush + teasing = lots of troubles for (Y/N)! Highest rankings: 1# in TrafalgarLawxReader 30# in OnePiece | (30/1.8k) 2# i...
2K 127 14
In a world where many accidents may happen.. You are a Cardiac surgeon who's been working their entire life to get this job. But what happens when yo...
43.5K 1.1K 10
You are trying to escape from your family because you don't want to end up like them. Somehow you then ended up joining a pirate crew that gives you...